• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Wild Card Playoffs |OT| - It's Time for a SWITCH™

Hindl

Caf is Darren Sproles 2.0 to me.. It's not that I'm not a fan.. it's that if I'm taking a running back to lead my running game.. it's not Caf.

I think Cook could be there.. I'm not going to comment on Foreman because I didn't watch Texas this year (who honestly could..) Foreman's problem is that he's going to fall because of how good the RBs are this year.

I see McCaffrey as more of a Brian Westbrook. He's too big too have that small elusiveness of Sproles. He needs to put on some weight but in the right offense *cough* Pats, he'd be great.

And I think Jets, Panthers, and Jags could all be targeting RBs. Although I think Foreman is gonna rise. He was originally mocked in the late 3rd or 4th, but his season was great and if he puts together a good combine, I think he could go in the mid to late 2nd. He runs fucking hard

I miss Thursday Night Football.

no worries, its been pre-empted to saturday afternoon

Two differing stories. One is privately the Carrs asked that the Texans not draft him. The other is the the owner told his football people not to draft him b/c he didn't care for the parents. David Carr has said that he didn't work hard enough, and other players from that time have said the same thing. So I think it's probably that McNair thought that he'd turn out like his brother since they were raised by the same parents

to add to this, Derek has said that no one from the team ever talked to him or contacted him at all during the entire draft process.

MechDX

Why is Anthony Lynn getting all these HC interviews? Was he really that good as an OC in just partial season in Buffalo?

Or is it just to fulfill the Rooney Rule obligation?

Sanjuro

Had a few drinks in preparation of the oncoming snow tomorrow.

Luckily I barricaded myself inside with some Chow Mein Sandwiches!

My crystal ball is thing me this :

Cook will fumble 3 times, be picked off twice and throw for 84 yards.

Raiders will rush for 53 yards.

Season high of punts in a game.

Texans win, 9-3

Sanjuro

My crystal ball is thing me this :

Cook will fumble 3 times, be picked off twice and throw for 84 yards.

Raiders will rush for 53 yards.

Season high of punts in a game.

Texans win, 9-3

Wow. Don't get cocky.

Texans win 7-6. Field goal, safety, and run back a missed 2-point conversion.

MechDX

Osweiler going all Flacco!! 7 PIs on the raiders defense for 188 yards of offense. Texans defense gets 7 sacks , pick 6 and fumble return for a TD.

BOB still gets fired. Walks out of NRG Stadium with a Colts hat on and flipping off the media

I see McCaffrey as more of a Brian Westbrook. He's too big too have that small elusiveness of Sproles. He needs to put on some weight but in the right offense *cough* Pats, he'd be great.

And I think Jets, Panthers, and Jags could all be targeting RBs. Although I think Foreman is gonna rise. He was originally mocked in the late 3rd or 4th, but his season was great and if he puts together a good combine, I think he could go in the mid to late 2nd. He runs fucking hard
I agree with your former point (I guess I can see the .. I think he's going to fall because of the rise of Foreman personally and I think falls to the Pats.

Panthers would be a good idea.. but I think they will ride J-Stew for another year as they can try and draft secondary since they miss Mr. Bow and Arrow (Grova will say lineman, I'll say there's dick there for Oline in the draft, and then he'll say anything is better than Blindside and the wheels on the bus go round and round)

So Grova.. ignoring lineman.. secondary the way the go for y'all or do you go for the Getts special and go dline or what?

Jags.. Running back could be good.. and I can see that as a possibility. Depends on what the coach wants to do with the riddle of the Bort.

Jets.. they could also be a possibility..

Doomsayer

As someone who never watches the Jags, I have a question. Don't they have a pretty solid team? The defense is decent enough and the offense (aside from RB) is pretty talented. Did Gus really hold them back that much? I know they need linebackers but they should be able to be competitive next year, right?

MechDX

As someone who never watches the Jags, I have a question. Don't they have a pretty solid team? The defense is decent enough and the offense (aside from RB) is pretty talented. Did Gus really hold them back that much? I know they need linebackers but they should be able to be competitive next year, right?

Defense played below expectations. Offense was hindered by Bortles who regressed and o line needs a little work.

They should have been better than they were

Bortles is a garbage time stat compiler who can't stop turning the ball over

C1cZjZMXUAAKjpE.jpg

Bortles (who apparently played through injury) had the best game of his season right after Gus was canned, so I'm leaning more toward Gus being the problem with next season being the real test. Let's see how they do for a full year without him

Doomsayer

Defense played below expectations. Offense was hindered by Bortles who regressed and o line needs a little work.

They should have been better than they were

I thought they would sniff around 7-8 wins this year. The Titans did that instead.

Bortles is a garbage time stat compiler who can't stop turning the ball over

Bortles (who apparently played through injury) had the best game of his season right after Gus was canned, so I'm leaning more toward Gus being the problem with next season being the real test. Let's see how they do for a full year without him

I still think Bortles will be alright. He has some shitty mechanics (footwork) and I think he makes poor decisions but he has shown flashes. I'm curious to see what an offensive minded guy could do for him.

Panthers would be a good idea.. but I think they will ride J-Stew for another year as they can try and draft secondary since they miss Mr. Bow and Arrow (Grova will say lineman, I'll say there's dick there for Oline in the draft, and then he'll say anything is better than Blindside and the wheels on the bus go round and round)

So Grova.. ignoring lineman.. secondary the way the go for y'all or do you go for the Getts special and go dline or what?.

Panthers will absolutely go RB in the early rounds if the right one's available. Stewart's not the most reliable back and even if you get a full year of health out of him, the Panthers need a better 3rd down option than just plunging Tolbert into the line.

If Fournette falls to 8, Getts is tripping over himself to run the pick in.

Outside of that, yeah they would go defensive line.

Secondary isn't...the biggest need in the world. Bradberry and Worley aren't what Josh Norman is now but they're both miles ahead of where Josh Norman was at the same point in his career. Josh Norman was a middling nickel corner who couldn't even win the starting CB job until 2 years ago. The rookies took their lumps this year, but the team has to like both of their developments. At least enough to not spend an early pick on the position.

All that to say that we have no idea how Getts is going to pick. He may take a QB with the 8th pick.

(And we learned this year that there are a few options WORSE than Michael Oher at LT. Mike Remmers, Daryl Williams...)

MechDX

Is it wrong if in a sick and twisted way I hope the Texans lose just to see what does happen to O'Brien?

I mean whoever wins is just going to NE to be Brady's bitch anyway

I'm also in the 8-12 inch range...

If I don't post, just assume that I'm frozen solid and know that I speak of you all in heaven.

Panthers will absolutely go RB in the early rounds if the right one's available. Stewart's not the most reliable back and even if you get a full year of health out of him, the Panthers need a better 3rd down option than just plunging Tolbert into the line.

If Fournette falls to 8, Getts is tripping over himself to run the pick in.

Outside of that, yeah they would go defensive line.

Secondary isn't...the biggest need in the world. Bradberry and Worley aren't what Josh Norman is now but they're both miles ahead of where Josh Norman was at the same point in his career. Josh Norman was a middling nickel corner who couldn't even win the starting CB job until 2 years ago. The rookies took their lumps this year, but the team has to like both of their developments. At least enough to not spend an early pick on the position.

All that to say that we have no idea how Getts is going to pick. He may take a QB with the 8th pick.

(And we learned this year that there are a few options WORSE than Michael Oher at LT. Mike Remmers, Daryl Williams...)
So you'll never say another bad thing about Blindside? :)

I don't want the Patriots to draft McCaffery
Why?

bionic77

Attention: All JoyConBoyz please report to the designated area for further instructions.

Reminder. No trick ass marks, bitch ass bitches or Pats fans allowed.

Let's do this...

Top Bottom