• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Wild Card Playoffs |OT| - It's Time for a SWITCH™

BigAT

This is true, and I believe it impacts us on a more personal level as well. If you are still barring entry to your home or vehicle with a locked door I think you need to ask yourself, is this what SWITCH™ would do? Open up to the world, friends. What's yours is mine, and what's mine is SWITCH™.

These are all good points, I never even thought of it that way. Who am I to lock my doors? Am I better than the SWITCH™? Certainly not!

The best I can hope to do is emulate Nintendo's example as best as I can. That's why from now I will be leaving my car like this, in an attempt to be the first region free motor vehicle:

porsche-panamera-open-doors-car-hd-wallpaper-872182731.jpg

WedgeX

Banned
A brief history of the last time the Lions won a road playoff game.

Detroit Free Press said:
Now here comes the crazy part, the part that has been lost to history. Few thought that the Lions would win that game in 1957.

Paul Brown, the legendary coach of the Cleveland Browns, admitted that he was focusing on the 49ers as the likely championship opponent. “I was watching it on my television at home here,” he said, in an Associated Press story. “And I know I scouted the wrong team for a good part of the afternoon.”

But the Lions came from behind to win that game, and Lyall Smith, the Free Press sports editor, wrote: “They won because they wouldn’t lose -- that’s the way it was as the do-or-die Lions did it.

“They burned the heart out of the San Francisco 49ers and 60,118 of their fans with the second-half heroics.

“And they must’ve burned the picture tubes out of the umpteen million TV sets all over the land as they picked themselves out of a 27-7 hole in hostile Kezar Stadium to win another squeaker, 31-27.”

Picture tubes?

After that win, the Lions were headed to the NFL championship -- whoa, let me pause here to blink and realize that I've never typed that before. Not even close.

Of course, they've lost ten road playoff games since then.

You guys were outplaying us in the first 20 minutes and then Ben got hurt. We were lucky to have the early lead but were getting pushed around.

Then it snowballed from there. Hard to say what would have happened if Ben was healthy. I am not sure he has fully recovered from that knee injury either btw.

If the Dolphins want to win it is a pretty simple formula. Run it down our throat and turnovers. Otherwise it is hard for me to see the Dolphins winning the game.

We have a long history of underestimating teams and letting them hang around. That is really the key to beat us when you are the underdog. Just keep hanging around and hope you get the ball last to kick the winning FG. Every Steelers fan has seen that many, many, many times in the Tomlin era...

This.

I would say that the Steelers will be far more focused at home in the playoffs than they were in October. Tomlin has a looooong history of not being able to motivate this team to play against teams that have poor records during the regular season. We ALWAYS have one or two wet farts.

I think the Steelers saw the Dolphins at 1-4 and said "eh, we're the Steelers! We got this!" and then of course they didn't work hard or they goofed off or they just didn't get ready to compete. If you follow any of these guys (AB, Ben, Shazier, Heyward, Bell, Harrison, etc.) on Twitter or Instagram, you can get a feel for whether they're focused every week. I kind of suspected the Dolphins game was gonna be "one of those games."

I don't think this is going to be the same Steelers team. Everything I'm seeing this week is a focused team, with Ben being extremely vocal about focus.

That being said, games aren't won on paper. That's why they play the games.
That's why the Trumpriots set up their cameras and jamming equipment.

Goodbye Steve Smith. Fav moment will always be

It hasn't been an easy couple of months for Mark Sanchez.

The New York Jets quarterback must fight for his job after the team drafted rookie quarterback Geno Smith -- a position battle Sanchez seems destined to lose, with most people writing him off long before training camp gets under way.

Now add to the heat in Gotham a shot from Carolina Panthers wide receiver Steve Smith.

"He sucks," Smith reportedly said Wednesday on WFNZ-AM. The receiver went on to add, via the Sporting News and ProFootballTalk.com, "I wouldn't let Mark Sanchez throw me a paper bag sandwich."

This.

I would say that the Steelers will be far more focused at home in the playoffs than they were in October. Tomlin has a looooong history of not being able to motivate this team to play against teams that have poor records during the regular season. We ALWAYS have one or two wet farts.

I think the Steelers saw the Dolphins at 1-4 and said "eh, we're the Steelers! We got this!" and then of course they didn't work hard or they goofed off or they just didn't get ready to compete. If you follow any of these guys (AB, Ben, Shazier, Heyward, Bell, Harrison, etc.) on Twitter or Instagram, you can get a feel for whether they're focused every week. I kind of suspected the Dolphins game was gonna be "one of those games."

I don't think this is going to be the same Steelers team. Everything I'm seeing this week is a focused team, with Ben being extremely vocal about focus.

That being said, games aren't won on paper. That's why they play the games.
That's why the Trumpriots set up their cameras and jamming equipment.
Beyond the whole "Steelers are more focused" angle, the Dolphins defense is a lot more battered than it was back then. Both starting safeties are gone, Maxwell (who had a great game on AB) is probably out, two of the three starting LBs are gone and the other is Alonso who is awful in pass coverage, etc...

Dolphins only chance on defense is pressure from Wake and Suh. LB group and secondary are in shambles and they weren't great to begin with outside of Reshad Jones.

Oh and by the way you're playing Matt fucking Moore. In Pittsburgh. In the cold. It really is the Steelers game to lose.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
When the Steelers played the Dolphins in week 6, Pittsburgh had just lost Cam Heyward for the year. The d-line was out of sorts, Javon Hargrave has stepped up in the interim but Cam's vacated spot is still a weakness. Additionally, Ryan Shazier missed that game due to injury, he's healthy now. Bud Dupree was still on IR, he's healthy now. Sean Davis didn't play, he's the starting SS now. Artie Burns was just starting to get playing time, he's the starting LCB now. So, yes, the Steelers defense is pretty much completely different than the one from 3 months ago. They've gotten better as the season has progressed, the last Browns game excepted.

When the Steelers played the Dolphins in week 6, Pittsburgh had just lost Cam Heyward for the year. The d-line was out of sorts, Javon Hargrave has stepped up in the interim but Cam's vacated spot is still a weakness. Additionally, Ryan Shazier missed that game due to injury, he's healthy now. Bud Dupree was still on IR, he's healthy now. Sean Davis didn't play, he's the starting SS now. Artie Burns was just starting to get playing time, he's the starting LCB now. So, yes, the Steelers defense is pretty much completely different than the one from 3 months ago. They've gotten better as the season has progressed, the last Browns game excepted.
Two defenses trending in the exact opposite direction. Only good thing you can say about the Dolphins is they were 1-4 back then so they've got more experience at winning under their belt now.

The Steelers game was literally the turning point of the season. Before that the only win was a horrifically ugly OT win against a Browns team that blew the game by missing a short FG. Before the Steelers game many considered the Dolphins to be one of the 3 worst teams in the NFL, myself included. Crazy how fast a season can change.

Had a dream the Cowboys were playing the Steelers in the second round and Tony muthafuckin Romo was starting. We were up 10-6 and then I was woken up.

Two defenses trending in the exact opposite direction. Only good thing you can say about the Dolphins is they were 1-4 back then so they've got more experience at winning under their belt now.

The Steelers game was literally the turning point of the season. Before that the only win was a horrifically ugly OT win against a Browns team that blew the game by missing a short FG. Before the Steelers game many considered the Dolphins to be one of the 3 worst teams in the NFL, myself included. Crazy how fast a season can change.
Crazy what a good HC can do.

Hindl

The response from EL was kinda curt and unenlightening on the issue too.

Did he start posting again or something?

I think given recent events, shitty people have become emboldened and he just doesn't have the energy to constantly put up with them. Could be completely wrong but considering he was the one who usually dealt with all the racist or other shitty threads here, it's probably exhausting

Greg

it was 0 degrees when I woke up

sat outside and read the newspaper naked while I drank my first cup of coffee

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I think given recent events, shitty people have become emboldened and he just doesn't have the energy to constantly put up with them. Could be completely wrong but considering he was the one who usually dealt with all the racist or other shitty threads here, it's probably exhausting

Ah okay so the same theory is floating around

Weather projections in Charlotte have gone from 1-3 to 2-4 to 3-5 to 7-8 inches of snow.

#PrayForGrover

North Carolina can't stand going three days without being in the national news. Even nature is pitching in.

Slo

it was 0 degrees when I woke up

sat outside and read the newspaper naked while I drank my first cup of coffee

Too cold here for the ice melt I bought to work. Only rated to -10. If you're coming to visit, be careful walking up my driveway.

Eleuin

Pretty sure he said he'd step down if trump won

So he took that collective L like the rest of the world

LJ11

Jets season shows a couple of things.

1. How fast top corners can fall down.

How fast? Revis showed decline last season, this didn't happen over night. He's 32 this year, he was a top corner for 6-7 years, so no they don't fall fast. Revis is old, nothing more to it than that.

6-9 inches of snow expected in Raleigh tonight.

Welp, it's been nice knowing you guys.

Yep I'm in Holly Springs. Bracing for impact. I bought a generator when our power was out for 2+ days after Matthew. Hoping I don't need it, but I've got the gas and oil just in case.

Stay safe!

Top Bottom