• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Wild Card Playoffs |OT| - It's Time for a SWITCH™

Those 2 were nice additions. Eagles spent a ton of money and got the exact same result as they did the year before when the players "quit" on the coach and the OL was a fucking disaster. Any way you slice it all that money spent did not translate into anything positive on the field.

Howie didn't spend a ton on those free agents. If anything he made really well priced contracts. All of the big money contracts went to players already within the organization, such as Fletcher Cox, Zach Ertz, or Lane Johnson. The most expensive free agent is Brandon Brooks, and he frankly earned the money because he was flawless in games he wasn't inactive due to medical concerns. Considering his production, and how consistent he was, that is a great contract in my book. His contract is also backloaded, so he has a very minimal cap hit this coming season. Nigel Bradham signed a 2yr/$7m contract. That's a downright steal for his production. You can complain about Roseman's talent evaluation ability if you want, but there's really never been much to complain about when he was dealing with numbers.

Hmm I'm pretty sure that contract is null and void because he was under the influence at the time, bionic will get those shares back!

I already took care of it, bread
35DM22j.gif

What contract?

How has Odiggy played this season? I wanted him in the second round.
It's basically his rookie season (he was IR'd last year) and he's been up and down. Some good, some bad. He's rotated into the line and has improved against the run but hasn't made major hay as a pass rusher yet. I think next year will really give more insight into whether he's going to actually pan out or not.

bionic77

Hmm I'm pretty sure that contract is null and void because he was under the influence at the time, bionic will get those shares back!
He should have read the fine print.

It was just a coupon for DM's patented brand of 'sexual healing' along with a consent form to allow him to videotape the session. You should be aware that he is using the Breadstream letterhead when giving these out and identifies himself as 'Head Boss CEO' along with some extremely generous dimensions and proportions of his own body.

He gives those out to everyone. So far not a single person has ever tried to use the coupon for its intended purpose.

I am still filing a lawsuit against Breadstream just in case and have notified the SEC, FCC, NBA and the attorney general.

Howie didn't spend a ton on those free agents. If anything he made really well priced contracts. All of the big money contracts went to players already within the organization, such as Fletcher Cox, Zach Ertz, or Lane Johnson. The most expensive free agent is Brandon Brooks, and he frankly earned the money because he was flawless in games he wasn't inactive due to medical concerns. Considering his production, and how consistent he was, that is a great contract in my book. His contract is also backloaded, so he has a very minimal cap hit this coming season. Nigel Bradham signed a 2yr/$7m contract. That's a downright steal for his production. You can complain about Roseman's talent evaluation ability if you want, but there's really never been much to complain about when he was dealing with numbers.

Vinny Curry's contract.

MechDX

The #Raiders rule starting LT Donald Penn out for tomorrow’s game vs. #Texans. Rookie QB, backup left tackle.

Clowney do or die time

So McDaniels is going to take Jimmy to SF while Belichick fleeces another sucker team?

I really wish the NFL would step in and not let these teams do this shit. McD is terrible. No way should he get another job, and no one should give up a high pick for Jimmy, that is just asking for trouble.

Vinny Curry's contract.

His cap hit was $3m this year, and will be $9m next year. If he hasn't turned it around next year they can cut him for a $5m savings in 2018. It's an ok contract. His production has been disappointing for sure, but the contract is well structured to give them a small hit up front and let them have flexibility on the back end. Given I think Barwin is gone, Curry will likely be the starter next season in his place. We'll see how it goes. It's definitely an example of what can go wrong when basing a contract on a players previous performance in a different system though.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 2m2 minutes ago
#Dolphins WR Jarvis Landry fined $24,309 for a crotch grab & $24,309 for slamming his helmet on the same post-TD demonstration

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 6m6 minutes ago
#Broncos CB Aqib Talib, the notorious chain-snatcher, did not get fined for doing so to #Raiders WR Michael Crabtree last week.

The NFL ladies and gentlemen.

For the people getting upset at the commish over not fining Talib. I doubt that there is anything in the CBA about players taking another players personal property during a game. After this they will have to add something but you cant fine a guy without it being agreed upon before hand.

Pepiope

Those 2 were nice additions. Eagles spent a ton of money and got the exact same result as they did the year before when the players "quit" on the coach and the OL was a fucking disaster. Any way you slice it all that money spent did not translate into anything positive on the field.
We spent a ton a money because we had to re-sign Cox.

For the people getting upset at the commish over not fining Talib. I doubt that there is anything in the CBA about players taking another players personal property during a game. After this they will have to add something but you cant fine a guy without it being agreed upon before hand.
That should have been an unsportsman like conduct penalty in the game on that basis alone and it should have been fined as such.

SECTION 3 UNSPORTSMANLIKE CONDUCT

ARTICLE 1. PROHIBITED ACTS. There shall be no unsportsmanlike conduct. This applies to any act which is contrary to the generally understood principles of sportsmanship. Such acts specifically include, among others:

(a) Throwing a punch, or a forearm, or kicking at an opponent, even though no contact is made.
(b) Using abusive, threatening, or insulting language or gestures to opponents, teammates, officials, or representatives of the League.
Violations of (b) will be penalized if any of the acts are committed directly at an opponent. These acts include, but are not limited to: sack dances; home run swing; incredible hulk; spiking the ball; spinning the ball; throwing or shoving the ball; pointing; pointing the ball; verbal taunting; military salute; standing over an opponent (prolonged and with provocation); or dancing.
(c) Using baiting or taunting acts or words that engender ill will between teams.
Violations of (c) will be penalized if any of the acts occur anywhere on the field. These acts include, but are not limited to: throat slash; machine-gun salute; sexually-suggestive gestures; prolonged gyrations; or stomping on a team logo.
(d) Prolonged or excessive celebrations or demonstrations by an individual player. Players are prohibited from engaging in any celebrations or demonstrations while on the ground. A celebration or demonstration shall be deemed excessive or prolonged if a player continues to celebrate or demonstrate after a warning from an official.
(e) Two or more players engaging in prolonged, excessive, premeditated, or choreographed celebrations or demonstrations.
(f) Possession or use of foreign or extraneous object(s) that are not part of the uniform on the field or the sideline during the game.
(g) Using the ball or any other object including pylons, goal posts, or crossbars, as a prop.
(h) Unnecessary physical contact with a game official.
(i) Removal of his helmet by a player in the field of play or the end zone during a celebration or demonstration, or during a confrontation with a game official or any other player.

Top Bottom