• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NG+ |OT| NeoGaf+ For posts that don't fit anywhere else

Thaedolus

rat cave GIF by South Park

Thaedolus

nush nush gettin his wiener wet warms the cockles

Peggies Peggies the job is fine, pros and cons of being made to go into the office and my desk situation is suboptimal, and I already got into a 2 hour argument/spirited discussion with one of the owners about regulations (but we’re cool)….but a big pro is that first paycheck is the biggest I ever have had so I was like daaaaamn. Between severance/PTO payout/unemployment/tax return that came through and the wife picking up way more hours, the financial hit from getting laid off was pretty minimal. Didn’t have to run up a credit card balance or ask anyone for help, although my parents do pick up the kiddos from school one day a week now, which they are happy to do so eh.

So yeah, financial discipline, competence and success in my field, a clinician wife who makes good money, and being a white male who makes people laugh while telling them to obey the law pays off I guess.

Peggies

Gold Member
nush nush gettin his wiener wet warms the cockles

Peggies Peggies the job is fine, pros and cons of being made to go into the office and my desk situation is suboptimal, and I already got into a 2 hour argument/spirited discussion with one of the owners about regulations (but we’re cool)….but a big pro is that first paycheck is the biggest I ever have had so I was like daaaaamn. Between severance/PTO payout/unemployment/tax return that came through and the wife picking up way more hours, the financial hit from getting laid off was pretty minimal. Didn’t have to run up a credit card balance or ask anyone for help, although my parents do pick up the kiddos from school one day a week now, which they are happy to do so eh.

So yeah, financial discipline, competence and success in my field, a clinician wife who makes good money, and being a white male who makes people laugh while telling them to obey the law pays off I guess.
Big paycheck trumps suboptimal desk situation. Sounds like a really really good life you're having! Congrats!

I'm so happy for nush nush
Owen Wilson Kids GIF by Paramount+

Top Bottom