• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NGA Team Play: OK, Okinawa!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
kay said:
I don't know of the skill level for a lot of players, never even seen some of them. So.. I have no idea. It would almost be random. Can I just go by level? Of course I'd need to know them somehow..

the old results are in the links i posted. of course not every person has played but most of them have. if it's too hard i can make eldiablo a captain but please let me know asap.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
there ya go! dont worry about it this is pretty much just an experiment and for fun

your two picks brandon

then you again kay

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
[Tentative] Rules
Players 1 & 2 on each team can ONLY use Novice Characters; Players 3 & 4 can use Novice OR Intermediate.

First Round
Team Astro v. Team Brandon
Team kay vs. Team tyler
Okinawa 9H Long Tee (Out)
Timer: Slow
Captain writes down scores. If tied, best individual score is tiebreaker, down the line.

Final Round
Europe 9H Long Tee (Out)

mrbagdt

dude we need cooler team names than this. i want team brandon to change to Team Whippersnapper or something equally retarded.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
names are fully subject to change based on the whims of the captains and the suggestions of their deckhands.

mrbagdt

i am a deckhand? are we on a boat?!?! THIS IS SUCH AN AMAZING GOLF GAME!!!!! I DIDNT EVEN REALIZE I WAS ON A BOAT!!!!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Rules posted in OP. Going to do Okinawa than Euro Cup. 9 holes for each as that's about :45-1:00 for each round which is perfect.

tyler

My final pick? I'll go for Snowball to add some Italian style.

If we're picking team names, how about: Team Shooter

teamtj9.jpg

BRING.IT.ON.

kay

Since I know zoku just got the game, I'm going with WK.

Team name? Team Silica Snare sounds good, 1000 points to anyone who figures out what it means!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
couple key points in the rules

--9h long okinawa for qual and 9h long euro for finals.
--first two people on your team (incl. captain) can only use beginners. next two can use beginner and intermediate.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
so everyone get there by :50 at the latest. at :00 if anyone's missing and backstabbed they're team i'll send out the call for alternates.

tyler

I've sent a PM to Snowball, I think Dan and HH are active so should be okay.

I still don't understand the rules though...

Are we playing as a team of 4 in the new game mode, then just submitting the scores later?

Or do we play in the usual room of 8 with the other team?

Please clarify oh mighty one.

zoku88

I'm about to go in now. Good thing I started early :-/ I actually have to download a patch.

EDIT: Oh wait, it's an hour from now, isn't it? :lol

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Yep, starting in an hour. Good point about the patch--if you haven't gone onling in a while you should go about ten minutes earlier at least to d/l and install.

tyler said:
I've sent a PM to Snowball, I think Dan and HH are active so should be okay.

I still don't understand the rules though...

Are we playing as a team of 4 in the new game mode, then just submitting the scores later?

Or do we play in the usual room of 8 with the other team?

Please clarify oh mighty one.

Yes, playing as teams of four in the new game rooms (stroke play). So basically in the rooms you're just cheering on/watching your teammates. So first round we match up scores vs. brandon and you match up score vs. kay and then there's a final round.

tyler

TEAM SHOOTER!

tyler -5
HotHitter -4
Dandare4444 -3
Snowball -3

Total = -15

Great fun everyone and well played. Hope we make the cut...

HoTHiTTeR

tyler said:
TEAM SHOOTER!

tyler -5
HotHitter -4
Dandare4444 -3
Snowball -3

Total = -15

Great fun everyone and well played. Hope we make the cut...

That was awesome fun guys, we should run that style back next weekend for sure!

Top Bottom