• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NGA Team Play: OK, Okinawa!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
gj all! hope you guys had as much fun in your rounds as we did (including cursing like me!)

Whoo tough round for me but as they say my strength is in the draft.

MVTee -8
Greendublin -6
AstroLad -2
besada 0
Total: -16

Looks like it's Team Silica Snare vs. The Bjorny Bunch at Euro backtee.

HoTHiTTeR

zoku88 said:
Wait, we were supposed tostay?

EDIT: Oh, nvm. Alternates. Haha

What does "not even zoku" mean? :(

It just means they needed someone to fill in, and you were the last person that posted. Basically, no one stuck around to be an alternate for the 2nd round.

Don't beat yourself up about your round, that wind was NASTY out there on our round. I was begging just to save par. :lol

Steroyd

Oh man that was a terrible round second place with -2. :lol

zoku88 said:
What does "not even zoku" mean? :(

You was the last person I saw in the lobby before we realised WasabiKing was missing.

zoku88

HoTHiTTeR said:
It just means they needed someone to fill in, and you were the last person that posted. Basically, no one stuck around to be an alternate for the 2nd round.

Don't beat yourself up about your round, that wind was NASTY out there on our round. I was begging just to save par. :lol
I realized that I'm not very good at wind courses when I tried to do that Gusty course in the semi-pro tournament in challenge mode. I should practice more before next week ^^

Steroyd said:
You was the last person I saw in the lobby before we realised WasabiKing was missing.
Sorry if I sounded confrontational :lol

I didn't really understand what you meant at first.

el Diablo

Banned
Astro wasn't lying when he said the stress would be on the "pros". Between that and the expectations of being picked first i didn't enjoy the rounds near as much as i should have lol. Felt like such a schmuck with the score i posted on Euro, luckily the team picked up my slack and we managed to pull it out :D

Lowlight of the day - plunking one in the water on the first par 3 on euro. Really felt like i cost us the match at that point

Highlight of the day - 50 ft 2 shelf putt on that retarded bare ground pit hole on Euro

zoku88

Btw, who was the person on my team who got a chip-in by hitting the flag with the ball and having it come straight down? I was laughing at that :lol

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
el Diablo said:
Astro wasn't lying when he said the stress would be on the "pros". Between that and the expectations of being picked first i didn't enjoy the rounds near as much as i should have lol. Felt like such a schmuck with the score i posted on Euro, luckily the team picked up my slack and we managed to pull it out :D

Lowlight of the day - plunking one in the water on the first par 3 on euro. Really felt like i cost us the match at that point

Highlight of the day - 50 ft 2 shelf putt on that retarded bare ground pit hole on Euro

:lol but you had best score and second best score! just finished one ahead on euro and i had two chip-in risings. and of course don't forget your rising that popped out! i was sure it would come down to one stroke after that happened. srsly felt like the team made each other better after gutting it through okinawa.

gotta play more often with you guys. Great sportsmanship and overall fun all around. Would do again!

</ebay>

Was tons of fun to cheer people on, complain that they were robbed etc. These match and stroke modes really put alot of new life into the game. Tourneys were a lot of fun too but there was very little time to communicate in-game (only 20 secs between holes), here you can talk the entire time and give play by play. It's great!

el Diablo

Banned
AstroLad said:
:lol but you had best score and second best score! just finished one ahead on euro and i had two chip-in risings. and of course don't forget your rising that popped out! i was sure it would come down to one stroke after that happened. srsly felt like the team made each other better after gutting it through okinawa.

Just expected more of myself that's all, a bogey in a round that matters just irks me to no end. Par at least doesn't hurt you but bogey sets you back heh.

I really think the turning point for us was that par 5 on euro that GD managed to eagle and the rest of us birdied. Everyone except you had played poorly before that but after that hole everyone came alive.

Was tons of fun to cheer people on, complain that they were robbed etc. These match and stroke modes really put alot of new life into the game. Tourneys were a lot of fun too but there was very little time to communicate in-game (only 20 secs between holes), here you can talk the entire time and give play by play. It's great!

Totally agree with you on that. Not only just the freedom to chat but you can be in a tourney and see a guy 2 putt and be .2 from the hole but actually seeing how someone got to that .2 can really make it alot more impressive. Funniest thing the whole day was that putt that GD had where Besada was standing over the hole and we told him to move like 4x but didn't cause he was talking to his wife lol.

HoTHiTTeR

I looked up and couldn't believe that an hour had gone by! That was so much fun today. I'll be on later today when I get home from work; I'm here now and just have to finish up a server install, then it's back to Euro. :lol

Strawman

zoku88 said:
Btw, who was the person on my team who got a chip-in by hitting the flag with the ball and having it come straight down? I was laughing at that :lol

That was Mrbag getting his chip in Eagle on the last hole, very good it was too. I was gutted when my chip in went straight in the hole then bounced right back out again!

Dont worry about your score btw, it was a fun game and thats what matters.

This new format rules btw, so much fun seeing everyone else take their shots.

mrbagdt

Strawman said:
That was Mrbag getting his chip in Eagle on the last hole, very good it was too.

i was speechless at that shot. it would have been way over the hole but it fell right in. and i about cried for you when your chip in bounced back out!

besada

Banned
el Diablo said:
Funniest thing the whole day was that putt that GD had where Besada was standing over the hole and we told him to move like 4x but didn't cause he was talking to his wife lol.

Which also showed me that you can move around a fair bit while waiting. I started walking down the length of the course while people were driving.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
besada said:
Which also showed me that you can move around a fair bit while waiting. I started walking down the length of the course while people were driving.

If you hit R3 you can also change the camera to you so you can pretty much just sightsee around the course if you like.

Top Bottom