• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 11 EASHL Team (360)

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
Milly79 said:
I'm not that good, really. Haha. One thing I have to say (not sure if anyone knows, but I also learned this quite recently) you can power up your passes before the puck gets to you. I don't know if you noticed, but most of the time when I got the puck, it was gone as soon as it touched my stick.

I felt like I was making a lot of mistakes that game, but I'm glad you think otherwise. I don't know what it is, but the build I am using seems to feel like I'm using tank controls. My guy is so slow to do anything, but his acceleration/speed/agility are all pretty high.
Holy fuck I'm retarded, that's never actually crossed my mind. I've hit pass ahead of getting the puck and slowly rolled it into the enemy end for an icing about a billion times but never once has it crossed my mind to use it for the power of good.

Meh, if you check the roster stats we all take some pretty bad penalties now and again. The other night we were playing an inter-squad practice and I managed to get myself a game misconduct, so shit happens. If you really weren't happy with that performance I look forward to seeing one you are. Seemed to me like you were always in the perfect position, on the forecheck I tend to just ram at people and destroy them or more often than not miss them completely. You seemed to take a stab at them and then be perfectly positioned to intercept their breakout pass.

Seems like you'll fit in with no problem though, we've been trying to play a more structured offense lately, since me Marvie (whom we made cry earlier in the night in an inter-squad game) really freeball the offense just looking to try to be open for one another to set each other up. You were able to adapt to me, which is a miracle all it's own, while also playing the more structured proper offense we've been trying to work on. Last year was my first playing club and I sucked total ass, but eventually was able to wrister it a lot, taking it up the left boards, cutting in a little and top cornering it all the time. I got really used to it but can't do it at all this year, so I've ended up just trying to flatten people and kinda go from there.

Milly79

That's odd, I didn't think you were bad at all... My team usually just ran with whatever. We had no structure. We have a crazy Finn (2k pts guy) that mainly cherry picks and the rest of the time we would try cross creases. It was pretty irritating, but we still managed to be top 300 (never won playoffs, though). I'm definitely not one to take over a team and lead them to a win. I basically a support 2-way player that likes to play more defensively.

How do you guys feel about cheesing? I typically dislike it, but if they're doing it, i'll do it right back. I just felt so bad after doing the manual toe drag around the CPU d and snapping it short side. Ugh. He did leave it wide open, though.

Nozdeuce

Milly79 said:
That's odd, I didn't think you were bad at all... My team usually just ran with whatever. We had no structure. We have a crazy Finn (2k pts guy) that mainly cherry picks and the rest of the time we would try cross creases. It was pretty irritating, but we still managed to be top 300 (never won playoffs, though). I'm definitely not one to take over a team and lead them to a win. I basically a support 2-way player that likes to play more defensively.

How do you guys feel about cheesing? I typically dislike it, but if they're doing it, i'll do it right back. I just felt so bad after doing the manual toe drag around the CPU d and snapping it short side. Ugh. He did leave it wide open, though.
Sounds like everything will be more than okay. I feel like we tend to look for cross creases far too often, when really a pass from just about anywhere to me in the slot would do just as well. We're defintely too useless to cherry pick, the best we can manage is either me or Marvie being wildly behind the play from flattening enemy D in their own end while the play goes down the ice and then back up.

I hate cheesing when it's done to us and am infinitely enraged that I'm completely incapable of it myself. Definitely glad you scored though :p

Edit: Finally cracked 1k hits I'M COMING FOR YOU SWIM

Marvie_3

Banned
Milly79 said:
As a team we aren't fans of it at all. I'd be lying if I said I hadn't tried to do it back to a team that was cheesing us though.

Nozdeuce

Milly79 said:
Ah, my gt is Milly79. If I'm ever on just send me a message. I'm down to play now if anyone is on.
I would've kept playing but I'm far too drunk, I am glad you're still kicking at this point though, I often wish more people were still game this late.

welcome new guy

Montresor you have officially graduated from "new guy" status to "other new guy", and TackleJerry moves up to "old new guy" congrats on the promotions.

btw sorry about singlehandedly costing us that OT game tonight guys, I honestly didn't want it to go to OT and thought we had it in the bag then I made terrible plays on the tying and game winning goals

oh yeah sorry about the goalie thing too, I swear I'm done with it...

TheVisualizer said:
welcome new guy

Montresor you have officially graduated from "new guy" status to "other new guy", and TackleJerry moves up to "old new guy" congrats on the promotions.

btw sorry about singlehandedly costing us that OT game tonight guys, I honestly didn't want it to go to OT and thought we had it in the bag then I made terrible plays on the tying and game winning goals

oh yeah sorry about the goalie thing too, I swear I'm done with it...

Ya, we were way too sloppy at the end. That was absolutely ours. And thank god you're not goalie anymore -_-; We need chady back as goalie.

zsswimmer

Nozdeuce said:
Holy fuck I'm retarded, that's never actually crossed my mind. I've hit pass ahead of getting the puck and slowly rolled it into the enemy end for an icing about a billion times but never once has it crossed my mind to use it for the power of good.
Wait did you really not know you could charge up a pass?

Nozdeuce said:
Edit: Finally cracked 1k hits I'M COMING FOR YOU SWIM
Come at me bro

You will probably pass me, I've been playing more defensively so I usually go for hits along the wall now :(

Nozdeuce

zsswimmer said:
Wait did you really not know you could charge up a pass?
He said...

Milly79 said:
One thing I have to say (not sure if anyone knows, but I also learned this quite recently) you can power up your passes before the puck gets to you.
And then I said, I'm often in a situation where I call for a pass but the AI passes to me on their own, resulting in me flinging it uselessly down the ice. So yes, I do know you can charge passes, I've simply never thought to precharge them

Also you had no hope, just look at the numbers.

DECLARING MYSELF THEORETICAL TEAM HITS LEADER

zsswimmer

Nozdeuce said:
He said...

And then I said, I'm often in a situation where I call for a pass but the AI passes to me on their own, resulting in me flinging it uselessly down the ice. So yes, I do know you can charge passes, I've simply never thought to precharge them

Also you had no hope, just look at the numbers.

DECLARING MYSELF THEORETICAL TEAM HITS LEADER
Touch passing ;)

I WILL NOT RELINQUISH THE HITS TITLE QUIETLY

Nozdeuce

zsswimmer said:
Touch passing ;)

I WILL NOT RELINQUISH THE HITS TITLE QUIETLY
You know I can barely make a pass at the best of times, be nice :(

YEAH WELL MY HITS PER GAME HAVE YOU SURROUNDED, WITH YOUR SUPPLY LINES CUTOFF AND ARE WAITING YOU OUT. ALSO YOU HAVE NO ARROWS, OIL, WATER OR POTS, SO DON'T EVEN THINK OF TRYING ANY ANTI-SIEGE BULLSHIT.

zsswimmer

Nozdeuce said:
You know I can barely make a pass at the best of times, be nice :(

YEAH WELL MY HITS PER GAME HAVE YOU SURROUNDED, WITH YOUR SUPPLY LINES CUTOFF AND ARE WAITING YOU OUT. ALSO YOU HAVE NO ARROWS, OIL, WATER OR POTS, SO DON'T EVEN THINK OF TRYING ANY ANTI-SIEGE BULLSHIT.
YEAH WELL HOW MANY HITS DO YOU HAVE OVERALL, NOT JUST CLUB? I HAVE 5,174

EAT IT~!

Nozdeuce

zsswimmer said:
YEAH SUCK MY- wait... hey thanks!
Word, I'd never be able to get as many as you do will still being the least bit useful at that position. Most of mine blow and just take me out of the play. I R NOT SMART

zsswimmer

Nozdeuce said:
Word, I'd never be able to get as many as you do will still being the least bit useful at that position. Most of mine blow and just take me out of the play. I R NOT SMART
You didn't see me at the beginning of the season when i was averaging like ten hits game. I was ALWAYS out of position because I went for the big hit instead of the defensive play lol. Vis usually covered for me though so it didnt end up costing me.

Nozdeuce

zsswimmer said:
You didn't see me at the beginning of the season when i was averaging like ten hits game. I was ALWAYS out of position because I went for the big hit instead of the defensive play lol. Vis usually covered for me though so it didnt end up costing me.
Viz is totally our designated driver

Marvie_3

Banned
zsswimmer said:
And how has this changed? ;)

That is something a few of us need to work on. We go for hits ways too often and get caught out of position on the backcheck. Viz doesn't need to worry about this because he plays like a girl.

Marvie_3 said:

That is something a few of us need to work on. We go for hits ways too often and get caught out of position on the backcheck. Viz doesn't need to worry about this because he plays like a girl.

GIRL POWER!

Marvie_3 said:

That is something MARCIE needs to work on. He goes for hits ways too often and gets caught out of position on the backcheck. Viz doesn't need to worry about this because he plays like a girl.

Fixed.

Nozdeuce

I SPENT LIKE 5 MINS READING VIZ'S FACEOFF STUFF, HOLD ONTO YOUR ASSHOLES GUYS

zsswimmer

ggs with noz, manchot, and milly

First game we got owned by a better team,

Next game we picked up a solid win from some quitters :D Then me and noz played a game where we scored on the 1st shot and they quit and we picked up the dnf win again :D

Last game for me was fucking hilarious. It was with a user goalie who was absolutely awful. We won 7-3, with Manchot getting like 6 goals and I had 5 pts :D. On the PK Manchot cleared the puck outta the neutral zone and it trickled in the net lolol. Then one of the guys who had been looking for a fight since the puck first dropped got beat in the end by me :]. That game took forever for a non-OT game, like 35 min.

Nozdeuce

Gooood games everyone, but I need a break for a bit.

All those games went pretty well I thought, we had really good passing. Though I fucked up a lot when trying to pass it back to Swim, aiming at him it'd beam over at other D and get turned over.

Milly was great at passing all night, so many sweet setups. Could have taken the shot a couple times but can't argue with that win streak. We were all kinda rough that first game Marvie was in on but then we all settled back into awesome passing.

All Viz's info worked like a charm, I wasn't so hot initially at faceoffs but I eventually got into a pretty decent groove. Was brutal the first few games I couldn't win any neutral zone faceoffs.

Milly79

Nozdeuce said:
Gooood games everyone, but I need a break for a bit.

All those games went pretty well I thought, we had really good passing. Though I fucked up a lot when trying to pass it back to Swim, aiming at him it'd beam over at other D and get turned over.

Milly was great at passing all night, so many sweet setups. Could have taken the shot a couple times but can't argue with that win streak. We were all kinda rough that first game Marvie was in on but then we all settled back into awesome passing.

All Viz's info worked like a charm, I wasn't so hot initially at faceoffs but I eventually got into a pretty decent groove. Was brutal the first few games I couldn't win any neutral zone faceoffs.
Hmph. I usually shoot if I'm pretty sure I'm gonna score, but nice to have another perspective. Maybe I'll shoot more? I go in streaks of scoring and shooting too much or just passing too much.

Nozdeuce

Milly79 said:
Hmph. I usually shoot if I'm pretty sure I'm gonna score, but nice to have another perspective. Maybe I'll shoot more? I go in streaks of scoring and shooting too much or just passing too much.
Err, it really wasn't a criticism. If you'd like to shoot more feel free to, you don't always have to defer to me or someone else. Though your amazing setups are greatly appreciated. Just keep doing whatever you feel works best. While we were playing I just noticed you have more goals than assists total is all. So thought I'd mention it.

I definitely feel you on being streaky for passing/shooting. I sorda gave up on passing towards the end. Blargh

Milly79

Nozdeuce said:
Err, it really wasn't a criticism. If you'd like to shoot more feel free to, you don't always have to defer to me or someone else. Though your amazing setups are greatly appreciated. Just keep doing whatever you feel works best. While we were playing I just noticed you have more goals than assists total is all. So thought I'd mention it.

I definitely feel you on being streaky for passing/shooting. I sorda gave up on passing towards the end. Blargh
Well, I just scored 4 goals to win the game for us (score was 4-3). Lord Odajan? Or something missed a cheap deke off the draw and they tied it up 3-3 with 2.0 seconds to go. Wanna talk about me shooting more? :lol

Nozdeuce

Milly79 said:
Well, I just scored 4 goals to win the game for us (score was 4-3). Lord Odajan? Or something missed a cheap deke off the draw and they tied it up 3-3 with 2.0 seconds to go. Wanna talk about me shooting more? :lol
haha wow that's awesome.

Milly79

It was okay for personal accomplishment, I guess, but I wish we would've played better as a team. Didn't feel like the team had as many good plays before some got off.

Milly79 said:
It was okay for personal accomplishment, I guess, but I wish we would've played better as a team. Didn't feel like the team had as many good plays before some got off.

I think we need to dump/pass more again. People keep getting gummed up trying to break through the neutral zone and we get nothing as a result. Also you should stay with me if it's 2 on 2 or something and I'm moving towards the net. A couple times I passed after I pulled them to me and you were looping back towards the board and away from my pass. We just need to get better puck movement and part of that is just getting used to how people move so you can setup passes.

Montresor

I took my same character and changed his name to Luke Schenn with jersey number 2. Is that fine? Won't be changing it ever again I hope (unless you guys say I have to revert back to my old name lol).

Marvie_3

Banned
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
I think we need to dump/pass more again. People keep getting gummed up trying to break through the neutral zone and we get nothing as a result. Also you should stay with me if it's 2 on 2 or something and I'm moving towards the net. A couple times I passed after I pulled them to me and you were looping back towards the board and away from my pass. We just need to get better puck movement and part of that is just getting used to how people move so you can setup passes.
I'm sure he was only looping back because your passes were 10 seconds too late like always.

Montresor said:
I took my same character and changed his name to Luke Schenn with jersey number 2. Is that fine? Won't be changing it ever again I hope (unless you guys say I have to revert back to my old name lol).
Each jersey/name change costs $75. PM me for paypal info.

Nozdeuce

Milly79 said:
Meh, it'll take time for everyone to get used to playing with whoever, and some people are newer than others. The important thing is when shit broke down you were able to come through.

Montresor

Thanks Marvie. I'll give you the money another time.
Or not, tee hee.

I'd like to play a game later tonight. I'll be on around 11p.m.

Milly79

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Defense first. I only do that so I'm in position to play D.

Nozdeuce

Milly79 said:
I like you. Even moreso since I'm always wildly out of position and preeeeetty useless on defense

Milly79 said:

Ya, but it completely killed our offense too...

Marvie_3 said:
I'm sure he was only looping back because your passes were 10 seconds too late like always.

Each jersey/name change costs $75. PM me for paypal info.

So how long did your break "for a bit" actually take you last night?

Marvie_3

Banned
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Ya, but it completely killed our offense too...
I doubt the guy that scored all 4 goals and single-handedly won a game kills an offense.

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
So how long did your break "for a bit" actually take you last night?
My breaks usually last until you log off.

Marvie_3 said:
I doubt the guy that scored all 4 goals and single-handedly won a game kills an offense.

My breaks usually last until you log off.

The only reason we scored it he kept dangling by myself. It's not a good way to run an offense to have one guy dangle and keep getting plowed over until you finally get through once like you guys always play. Even he agreed with that by saying he didn't think we played that well as a team.

Top Bottom