• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 11 EASHL Team (360)

Marvie_3

Banned
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
The only reason we scored it he kept dangling by myself. It's not a good way to run an offense to have one guy dangle and keep getting plowed over until you finally get through once like you guys always play. Even he agreed with that by saying he didn't think we played that well as a team.
You guys? That sounds exactly like what you do. When you aren't dumping it sideways across the zone to nobody that is.....

Marvie_3

Banned
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Yes, exactly you're always right Marvie you play the game perfectly. My apologies.
I don't recall saying that. You are in no position to call out anyone else's play though.

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
Things are improving everywhere.

I'm not having to hang around our own end so much getting the puck and making the breakout pass, so our forwards are getting into the offensive end a lot more evenly. We seemingly always have at least two forwards streaking up together.

Offense does seem to be somewhat imbalanced. Seems like there tends to be one forward a game who assists on every goal scored. Maybe that's a failing of a lack of passing? Or maybe it's just effective passing? I think some of us could be slightly less picky with our passes in the offensive end. All of my passes are horrible, it's just the person who gets it and scores that makes it good. We are moving it around better though, and we are getting Swim involved more often.

We just have to watch out for offsides and try to make it a little bit easier on people waiting at the line.

zsswimmer

From my point of view, I see a lot of times the forward just goes straight into the offensive zone, without any sort of movement or dekeing. And most of the time whoever that is gets crushed, rinse and repeat. There definitely needs to be some more neutral zone passing in order to not get crushed by all the goons that play this game. Dumping works too, just gotta get everyone on board with it. I like doing the slapshot around the boards, if timed well you can easily get to the puck before the defense can.

But I thought we did pretty good in those games yesterday, a little sloppy at times, but good.

Nozdeuce said:

I'm not having to hang around our own end so much getting the puck and making the breakout pass, so our forwards are getting into the offensive end a lot more evenly. We seemingly always have at least two forwards streaking up together.

Offense does seem to be somewhat imbalanced. Seems like there tends to be one forward a game who assists on every goal scored. Maybe that's a failing of a lack of passing? Or maybe it's just effective passing? I think some of us could be slightly less picky with our passes in the offensive end. All of my passes are horrible, it's just the person who gets it and scores that makes it good. We are moving it around better though, and we are getting Swim involved more often.

We just have to watch out for offsides and try to make it a little bit easier on people waiting at the line.

I don't know but it seems like we can never sustain pressure but teams we've played have been really good at times at sustaining pressure and keeping it alive in the offense zone, just feels like there is something more we could be doing.

zsswimmer said:
From my point of view, I see a lot of times the forward just goes straight into the offensive zone, without any sort of movement or dekeing. And most of the time whoever that is gets crushed, rinse and repeat. There definitely needs to be some more neutral zone passing in order to not get crushed by all the goons that play this game. Dumping works too, just gotta get everyone on board with it. I like doing the slapshot around the boards, if timed well you can easily get to the puck before the defense can.

But I thought we did pretty good in those games yesterday, a little sloppy at times, but good.

We won pretty much all that I played IIRC so we definitely weren't bad.

ALSO:::::

Montressor I think it was, was asking about positioning on defense for some stuff so I was wondering if anyone wanted to do practice sometime with him as a group so show him stuff? He got burnt a couple times on the cross crease off the faceoff and was asking about that and something else if any of older Dmen want to help him or something. I explained the best I could yesterday but I know swim and Vis and others play D a lot more and know more of the subtleties with defending the bullshit goals. I was thinking we could maybe do a group one night or something for a little to show scenarios?

Nozdeuce

zsswimmer said:

I HAVE A NAME :p It's sort of an unfortunate carryover from last season, where The Plan was I'd go up along left boards, shrug off whoever hits me then cut to the middle and wrist it top corner. I feel like for the most part I survive the hits and live to make a terrible centering pass or back to you, just sometimes I get a pass late at the blue line and get obliterated. I also can't deke for shit, that one I pulled the other day going up the left side before trying the cross crease pass was one in a million. I just tend to dislike dumping the puck because I do score a lot and that makes me an asshole.

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
I don't know but it seems like we can never sustain pressure but teams we've played have been really good at times at sustaining pressure and keeping it alive in the offense zone, just feels like there is something more we could be doing.
I'm sure we could if my passing wasn't so horrible. Also, being the asshole I mentioned above, I like it when teams keep it in our end and pass it around. From my experience it just leads to more chances to create an odd man rush.

For what I'm guessing is the first time ever, the team's goals for is above goals against. Not that that means a whole lot overall, we end up crushing shitty teams, but we aren't getting the same number of OT Losses against the good ones either.

Marvie_3

Banned
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
What? So no one is allowed to comment unless deemed good enough by you? Ok dude, keep on that power trip.
Reading comprehension FTL. I said just you.

Nozdeuce said:

I don't think that's anything out of the ordinary. If someone is in good position and making good passes, they're going to be in on a lot of assists.

The offsides have gotten pretty bad lately for everyone.

zsswimmer said:

We had it going pretty good with Noz, Milly, and I. Most of the time we had no trouble getting the puck into the zone. Good dumps, good neutral zone passing, etc. A couple times I tried to make one move too many trying to get into the zone and Noz/Milly ended up offside but I blame myself for that. You can only hold up for so long sometimes and its hard to know if someone is going to make that last second move.

Nozdeuce said:
I HAVE A NAME :p It's sort of an unfortunate carryover from last season, where The Plan was I'd go up along left boards, shrug off whoever hits me then cut to the middle and wrist it top corner. I feel like for the most part I survive the hits and live to make a terrible centering pass or back to you, just sometimes I get a pass late at the blue line and get obliterated. I also can't deke for shit, that one I pulled the other day going up the left side before trying the cross crease pass was one in a million. I just tend to dislike dumping the puck because I do score a lot and that makes me an asshole.

I'm sure we could if my passing wasn't so horrible. Also, being the asshole I mentioned above, I like it when teams keep it in our end and pass it around. From my experience it just leads to more chances to create an odd man rush.

For what I'm guessing is the first time ever, the team's goals for is above goals against. Not that that means a whole lot overall, we end up crushing shitty teams, but we aren't getting the same number of OT Losses against the good ones either.

Eh, my passing was absolutely atrocious in the beginning yesterday so it's not a big deal. I think I'm going back to playmaker again, my offensive contributions went up ten fold when I switched yesterday and there seems no reason to have hitting so high when we have you, marvie, and swim at least at bruisers. Poke check was doing very well for me yesterday so I think I'll stay with the playmaker build for now.

Edit: Marvie, I don't know what you're issue is but it's really getting old now. Get over it already.

Nozdeuce

Marvie_3 said:
We had it going pretty good with Noz, Milly, and I. Most of the time we had no trouble getting the puck into the zone. Good dumps, good neutral zone passing, etc. A couple times I tried to make one move too many trying to get into the zone and Noz/Milly ended up offside but I blame myself for that. You can only hold up for so long sometimes and its hard to know if someone is going to make that last second move.
GOOD IT SAVES ME THE TROUBLE

Nozdeuce

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Eh, my passing was absolutely atrocious in the beginning yesterday so it's not a big deal. I think I'm going back to playmaker again, my offensive contributions went up ten fold when I switched yesterday and there seems no reason to have hitting so high when we have you, marvie, and swim at least at bruisers. Poke check was doing very well for me yesterday so I think I'll stay with the playmaker build for now
Godspeed. The only reason I became a hitter was I couldn't stand getting exploded and crippled on every play :p Pretty much everything works though as long as you have positioning.

Marvie_3 said:
Really?

:lol

So what is your issue then marvie?

Nozdeuce said:
Godspeed. The only reason I became a hitter was I couldn't stand getting exploded and crippled on every play :p Pretty much everything works though as long as you have positioning.

Ya, I get knocked over a lot easier but my shooting/passing was a lot better when the change in stats. If it starts to fizzle I'll change but I wasn't getting many hits anyhow with everyone else cleaning house so I think I like playmaker better for the time being.

Nozdeuce

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Ya, I get knocked over a lot easier but my shooting/passing was a lot better when the change in stats. If it starts to fizzle I'll change but I wasn't getting many hits anyhow with everyone else cleaning house so I think I like playmaker better for the time being.
Stat changes are weird and something small can really make a big difference, definitely go with what you like best. But also keep experimenting some too, find a balance you feel comfortable with and then go from there.

Marvie_3

Banned
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
My issue is the guy who has played over 150 games with this team and has made almost 0 improvement in those games, is calling other people out for the way they play.

Nozdeuce

I like my -900000 from last year, that was ballin. Somehow Pheenix and me combining to score like a trillion goals did nothing to lower it.

Marvie_3 said:
My issue is the guy who has played over 150 games with this team and has made almost 0 improvement in those games, is calling other people out for the way they play.

I'm not calling anyone out. I never even mentioned you specifically you just decided to take it that way. How have I had zero improvement? You're saying I played this well in the beginning? I play a lot better on defense and offense than I did when I started. What exactly would you like me to do differently? I can't do the dekes like you guys and you don't pass to me most of the time anyhow. You and everyone else said countless times that you won't get offended if someone offers an opinion or advice but you freak the fuck out everytime if I say anything. I can be fucking agreeing with someone like I was today and you'll still butt in to attack me. Instead of trying to help me improve like others you decide to act like a fucking asshole every time I play with you or post in this thread. Get over the fucking ego trip of looking down at me at every opportunity possible and act like a normal person. Why is it also only you who does this?

zsswimmer

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:

2 way forward or power forward. Get a +5 boost for balance unlocked and crank up the points on balance. On my build I put 5 points into acceleration (for 70), 10 into agility (to 75), and then I get my balance up to 90, and the boost hits me up to 95. Strength also helps a TON and I run 99 strength as well.

So I would try using a two way forward or power forward. I was playing 2wf in OTP and I managed to get my balance and strength up to 90 and I don't think I ever got crushed, it was pretty awesome lol.

zsswimmer said:
2 way forward or power forward. Get a +5 boost for balance unlocked and crank up the points on balance. On my build I put 5 points into acceleration (for 70), 10 into agility (to 75), and then I get my balance up to 90, and the boost hits me up to 95. Strength also helps a TON and I run 99 strength as well.

So I would try using a two way forward or power forward. I was playing 2wf in OTP and I managed to get my balance and strength up to 90 and I don't think I ever got crushed, it was pretty awesome lol.

I don't crushed as a power forward but my shots never go in then and my passing is kind of lacking. Yesterday I was able to score even with my suckyness due to the lower cost for offensive points for Off aware, handeye, etc. I dunno I scored/assisted a lot yesterday compared to a couple days ago. I was able to move around to not get crushed too often. I can't shrug off hits but I wasn't really getting crushed since I could pass/move better. I've never tried 2way though, maybe I should try that... I've only played power forward, playmaker, and defensive dman.

Nozdeuce

zsswimmer said:

Holy shit dude you play offense? With me being a Center now we could use a new winger..

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
I don't crushed as a power forward but my shots never go in then and my passing is kind of lacking. Yesterday I was able to score even with my suckyness due to the lower cost for offensive points for Off aware, handeye, etc. I dunno I scored/assisted a lot yesterday compared to a couple days ago. I was able to move around to not get crushed too often. I can't shrug off hits but I wasn't really getting crushed since I could pass/move better. I've never tried 2way though, maybe I should try that... I've only played power forward, playmaker, and defensive dman.
If you're pressed for points I'd take shooting power over accuracy, for routine cross creases and stuff it's better to just blow it by than be accurate. You'll get the cheap/easy/free automatic goals and hopefully overpower the goalie for the rest.

2wf is what I use, with slightly less strength than Swim and a shitload less balance.

zsswimmer

Nozdeuce said:
Holy shit dude you play offense? With me being a Center now we could use a new winger..
I was bad lol, I managed to score a goal because a teammate made a good pass from behind the net and I cashed it in. I played so many games as defense in NHL 10 and NHL 11 that when I play as a winger I'm like the 3rd dman. Also I have a hard time knowing where to be as well, I only play on offense if I'm super bored and want to dick around :(

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
2 way then sounds good. You get a bit lower on the wrist shot stats but you can manage 80s and 85s on the other offensive stats. Plus you get to put some points into defensive awareness which helps you intercept passes. You can manage checking/aggression however you want to, I had 80 aggr 80+5 checking 90 def awareness 85 discipline and 80 stick checking. And then on the athletics part just bump up balance like I said.

It's a great overall build and even better if you like to play more defensively.

Oh btw, if you ever get stuck on defense again don't use defensive dman. It SUCKS. If you want that type of build you get better offensive and defensive stats with the Tough Guy D-man. I can still manage to run a decent slapshot on my build: 75 accuracy +5 and 94 strength+5 with puck control at 70 and passing at 85.

Nozdeuce

zsswimmer said:
I was bad lol, I managed to score a goal because a teammate made a good pass from behind the net and I cashed it in. I played so many games as defense in NHL 10 and NHL 11 that when I play as a winger I'm like the 3rd dman. Also I have a hard time knowing where to be as well, I only play on offense if I'm super bored and want to dick around :(
Sounds good to me baby. I find OTP dumb for offense. Don't let that stop you, if you enjoy it should try playing forward in a club game. I tried out a different Sniper build a while back in OTP and the only goals my team scored were me poking it past the human goalie, and then with .5 of a second left in the game I caught a pass from the corner and just blasted it in. Super ghetto. It's fine dropping back and playing defensively, it's what I used to do a lot of back pre-gaf. I'd drop back and was mostly focused on fucking up the enemy cycling, trying to flatten someone at the line and get myself a breakaway. Worked amazing.

Playing with me so much does it look like I fuckin know where to be? :p Just wander around, flatten whoever you can and try to be open.

Seriously if you'd like to try offense out in a club game go for it, could be fun.

Edit: finished reading the rest of your post. See? I am crazy, I'm 2wf with 99 shooting power (for now) 90 wrist accuracy and 80s in like everything but deke

zsswimmer said:

2 way then sounds good. You get a bit lower on the wrist shot stats but you can manage 80s and 85s on the other offensive stats. Plus you get to put some points into defensive awareness which helps you intercept passes. You can manage checking/aggression however you want to, I had 80 aggr 80+5 checking 90 def awareness 85 discipline and 80 stick checking. And then on the athletics part just bump up balance like I said.

It's a great overall build and even better if you like to play more defensively.

Oh btw, if you ever get stuck on defense again don't use defensive dman. It SUCKS. If you want that type of build you get better offensive and defensive stats with the Tough Guy D-man. I can still manage to run a decent slapshot on my build: 75 accuracy +5 and 94 strength+5 with puck control at 70 and passing at 85.

Really? Defensive Dman has worked pretty well for me. All of my defensive stuff is maxed out and my wrister is usually pretty decent. I usually leave my slap alone since it seems rare that the opportunity pops up so I spend points on wrist shots.

zsswimmer

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Really? Defensive Dman has worked pretty well for me. All of my defensive stuff is maxed out and my wrister is usually pretty decent. I usually leave my slap alone since it seems rare that the opportunity pops up so I spend points on wrist shots.
Well I managed to max out all the defensive stuff on Tough Guy that I wanted versus Defensive Dman. Here's an example of what I run:
Tough Guy Dman defensive stats:
99 aggression
94 checking + 5
99 def awareness
85 discipline
Fighting 99
Stick Checking 80

Its worse for me because I like to boost up hitting, and aggression costs a lot more points. I also like fighting :], so I can boost that up too. So essentially with Tough Guy Dman I can get the same exact stats but better fighting stats/hitting. You get better shot blocking with defensive dman but I don't give two shits about that broken feature.

On the offensive side, offensive awareness is already down -10 points vs Tough Guy and I usually put points in there anyway so it ends up evening out. On athletics I will have less endurance.
So in conclusion, defensive dman, to me anyways, is a less useful tough guy build :)

Nozdeuce said:
Sounds good to me baby. I find OTP dumb for offense. Don't let that stop you, if you enjoy it should try playing forward in a club game. I tried out a different Sniper build a while back in OTP and the only goals my team scored were me poking it past the human goalie, and then with .5 of a second left in the game I caught a pass from the corner and just blasted it in. Super ghetto. It's fine dropping back and playing defensively, it's what I used to do a lot of back pre-gaf. I'd drop back and was mostly focused on fucking up the enemy cycling, trying to flatten someone at the line and get myself a breakaway. Worked amazing.

Playing with me so much does it look like I fuckin know where to be? :p Just wander around, flatten whoever you can and try to be open.

Seriously if you'd like to try offense out in a club game go for it, could be fun.
Im bad at offense. LOL like really bad put it that way

zsswimmer said:
Well I managed to max out all the defensive stuff on Tough Guy that I wanted versus Defensive Dman. Here's an example of what I run:
Tough Guy Dman defensive stats:
99 aggression
94 checking + 5
99 def awareness
85 discipline
Fighting 99
Stick Checking 80

Its worse for me because I like to boost up hitting, and aggression costs a lot more points. I also like fighting :], so I can boost that up too. So essentially with Tough Guy Dman I can get the same exact stats but better fighting stats/hitting. You get better shot blocking with defensive dman but I don't give two shits about that broken feature.

On the offensive side, offensive awareness is already down -10 points vs Tough Guy and I usually put points in there anyway so it ends up evening out. On athletics I will have less endurance.
So in conclusion, defensive dman, to me anyways, is a less useful tough guy build :)

Does aggression do stuff for anything besides fighting? I've always left that since I don't fight.

My playmaker right now is:
Deke 76
Handeye 95
Off Aware 95
passing 95
Puck cont 80
slap acc 60
slap pow 50
wrist acc 84
wrist pow 82

agg 40
body ch 40
def aware 62
discipline 91
faceoff 60
fight 40
shot block 86
stick check 87

accel 82
agility 82
balance 55
durability 81
endurance 82
speed 81
strenth 50

Should I change anything on playmaker?

zsswimmer

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Does aggression do stuff for anything besides fighting? I've always left that since I don't fight.
Helps 'intimidation' on big hits. Something about making forwards less likely to score or something after taking huge hits. Also I think it helps the momentum engine

Marvie_3

Banned
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
I'm not calling anyone out. I never even mentioned you specifically you just decided to take it that way. How have I had zero improvement? You're saying I played this well in the beginning? I play a lot better on defense and offense than I did when I started. What exactly would you like me to do differently?
Start with these:

1. Don't take 3-4 seconds to react to every play. It doesn't help us when you're standing there on the ice not moving because you're not sure what to do. Like when Noz was winning faceoffs to you last night and you just stood there and let the puck go right by you. If you wait to react to a play in this game, chances are it's going to be by you already.

2. Improve your positioning, when you're playing defense especially. It seems like you either play waaay too far back and let the puck escape the zone or you're in the zone but out of position.

3. Try to anticipate plays better. There are times when someone is wide open and you don't make the pass until they've covered again and it results in a turnover/offsides.

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
You and everyone else said countless times that you won't get offended if someone offers an opinion or advice but you freak the fuck out everytime if I say anything. I can be fucking agreeing with someone like I was today and you'll still butt in to attack me. Instead of trying to help me improve like others you decide to act like a fucking asshole every time I play with you or post in this thread. Get over the fucking ego trip of looking down at me at every opportunity possible and act like a normal person. Why is it also only you who does this?
As if it wasn't painfully obvious by now, I'm not a patient person. It's frustrating to me that I still have to spell things out like this. By now everyone(aside from newcomers) should have a good idea of what everyone else on the ice is doing and be able to adapt and anticipate the flow of the game. The hundreds of posts with tips and pointers, as well as the 150+ games you've played should have been more than enough tools to learn. I'm always up for practice but no one else seems to be. We don't really have a set style but we do have team tendencies and we're long past the deadline for someone to still be figuring these things out.

Nozdeuce

zsswimmer said:
:( fair enough

Also I'm super jealous of those stats. You have incredible restraint in your defensive play. With those stats I'd do nothing but kill people and fight.

Doesn't aggression make it more likely to cause injuries too?

zsswimmer

Nozdeuce said:
:( fair enough

Also I'm super jealous of those stats. You have incredible restraint in your defensive play. With those stats I'd do nothing but kill people and fight.

Doesn't aggression make it more likely to cause injuries too?
Possibly, I guess it would make sense. Anyways it maxes at 30 points a piece so its cheap to put up to 99 :)

Nozdeuce

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:

My playmaker right now is:
Deke 76
Handeye 95
Off Aware 95
passing 95
Puck cont 80
slap acc 60
slap pow 50
wrist acc 84
wrist pow 82

agg 40
body ch 40
def aware 62
discipline 91
faceoff 60
fight 40
shot block 86
stick check 87

accel 82
agility 82
balance 55
durability 81
endurance 82
speed 81
strenth 50

Should I change anything on playmaker?
I'm a huge whore and bought all my boosts because I hate offline, but all those numbers seem kinda low outside of your handeye/offa/passing. You could prolly manage better with some other build. Maybe?

zsswimmer said:
Possibly, I guess it would make sense. Anyways it maxes at 30 points a piece so its cheap to put up to 99 :)
Ugh, I can only get it into the 80's when I try it. So I've just completely given up on taking any points in it. I can pretty much max it out if I try to, but then I have like 0 discipline. And god how do I need my discipline. Who gets tossed from a practice??!?

Marvie_3 said:
Start with these:

1. Don't take 3-4 seconds to react to every play. It doesn't help us when you're standing there on the ice not moving because you're not sure what to do. Like when Noz was winning faceoffs to you last night and you just stood there and let the puck go right by you. If you wait to react to a play in this game, chances are it's going to be by you already.

2. Improve your positioning, when you're playing defense especially. It seems like you either play waaay too far back and let the puck escape the zone or you're in the zone but out of position.

3. Try to anticipate plays better. There are times when someone is wide open and you don't make the pass until they've covered again and it results in a turnover/offsides.

As if it wasn't painfully obvious by now, I'm not a patient person. It's frustrating to me that I still have to spell things out like this. By now everyone(aside from newcomers) should have a good idea of what everyone else on the ice is doing and be able to adapt and anticipate the flow of the game. The hundreds of posts with tips and pointers, as well as the 150+ games you've played should have been more than enough tools to learn. I'm always up for practice but no one else seems to be. We don't really have a set style but we do have team tendencies and we're long past the deadline for someone to still be figuring these things out.

I haven't been slow off the faceoff that much and only happens when I get lag. I have no idea where to go as winger when it's on the other side of the net. On mine side I know to go to the net but I'm lost where I should stand on the other side. I've said that multiple times with no advice.

I don't know what to say about the rest, there's nothing I can do about it.

Nozdeuce said:
I'm a huge whore and bought all my boosts because I hate offline, but all those numbers seem kinda low outside of your handeye/offa/passing. You could prolly manage better with some other build. Maybe?

Ugh, I can only get it into the 80's when I try it. So I've just completely given up on taking any points in it. I can pretty much max it out if I try to, but then I have like 0 discipline. And god how do I need my discipline. Who gets tossed from a practice??!?

Ya, I only have things I've unlocked since I won't buy boosts and haven't gotten my legend yet. I could try different type. What areas should I take out of and put it in instead?

Marvie_3

Banned
Nozdeuce said:
Who gets tossed from a practice??!?
I didn't even know that was possible but I learned something new that day.

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
I haven't been slow off the faceoff that much and only happens when I get lag. I have no idea where to go as winger when it's on the other side of the net. On mine side I know to go to the net but I'm lost where I should stand on the other side. I've said that multiple times with no advice.
Not to sound like a dick, but if you're lagging that bad then drop. Viz does it all the time when he lags. It only hurts the team if you stay in.

If you're on the opposite side of the net you should be going to the net. Noz needs to do this too. I have a lot of open passing lanes and he stays out in the high slot instead of cutting to the net. He'd have eleventy billion goals by now......

Nozdeuce

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Just try to move around and keep yourself open, or if you think someone needs assistance jump in somehow. Sometimes people get trapped up in the corner and I'll go all the way across so they can pass it down the boards to me, and I can dish it off to someone else, since it'd never have made it alllllll the way back to the point. If the puck is moving around well then I try to get myself open either for a cross crease or I float around the slot readjusting so I'll be able to blast it top shelf if someone manages to center it.

We all just wing it with a general sense of what the other people are looking for. If someone is streaking up the right (my usual "side") then I burn up to their left so they can try for a cross crease pass. That might be why you accuse me of so many turnovers (rightfully so) sometimes I'll take a pass and then try to move around a little with it trying to open someone up a bit. Gameplan is get open, score goals. I think you're shooting power and accuracy stats are low, but if you're open for a feed it's automatic anyway, so it's all good.

Marvie_3 said:
If you're on the opposite side of the net you should be going to the net. Noz needs to do this too. I have a lot of open passing lanes and he stays out in the high slot instead of cutting to the net. He'd have eleventy billion goals by now......
AND NOZ THE ASSHOLE SCORER SAYS ANY PASS TO HIM IN SLOT IS A SURE THING, MY PASSES TO VIZ ARE NEVER MOZART LIKE, BUT THAT SHIT GOES IN. :p

Marvie_3 said:
I didn't even know that was possible but I learned something new that day.

Not to sound like a dick, but if you're lagging that bad then drop. Viz does it all the time when he lags. It only hurts the team if you stay in.

But I thought if it's on the right side RW should be in front of the net? Or both should be at the net? I'm always afraid I'd be a dick if I did drop, if that's the case then I'll drop since I figure that would be better also.

Nozdeuce said:
Just try to move around and keep yourself open, or if you think someone needs assistance jump in somehow. Sometimes people get trapped up in the corner and I'll go all the way across so they can pass it down the boards to me, and I can dish it off to someone else, since it'd never have made it alllllll the way back to the point. If the puck is moving around well then I try to get myself open either for a cross crease or I float around the slot readjusting so I'll be able to blast it top shelf if someone manages to center it.

We all just wing it with a general sense of what the other people are looking for. If someone is streaking up the right (my usual "side") then I burn up to their left so they can try for a cross crease pass. That might be why you accuse me of so many turnovers (rightfully so) sometimes I'll take a pass and then try to move around a little with it trying to open someone up a bit. Gameplan is get open, score goals. I think you're shooting power and accuracy stats are low, but if you're open for a feed it's automatic anyway, so it's all good.

I don't know I just feel like I moving aimlessly at times when that happens in offensive zone. :/ It's more the in between time, like if they're just moving around. I know if they're trapped to help out but when you're just moving to open up space it feels like I'm moving too aimlessly. I'm fine on like the rush opportunity but the few times we do setup and it's not on my side I feel I should be doing something more.

zsswimmer

OMG HOUSE JUST SCORED A GOAL ON A CPU GOALIE BY DUMPING IN THE PUCK TOP SHELF HOLY SHIT

edit: The better part was that it was like 30 seconds in and the other team didn't quit LOLOLOLOL

Marvie_3

Banned
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Ya, I only have things I've unlocked since I won't buy boosts and haven't gotten my legend yet. I could try different type. What areas should I take out of and put it in instead?
Here's my PWF build. Try something like it:

Deking 90 (+5) 95
Hand-eye 85 (+5) 90
Off. Aware 94 (+5) 99
Passing 65 (useless stat)
Puck Control 88 (+5) 93
SS Acc 60
SS Power 76
WS Acc 75 (+5) 80
WS Power 89 (+5) 94

Aggress 63 (useless stat)
Checking 85 (+5) 90
Def. Aware 78
Discipline 90
Faceoffs 60
Fight Skill 60
Shot Blocking 60
Stick Checking 75 (+5) 80

Accel 65 (useless stat)
Agility 86 (+5) 91
Balance 94 (+5) 99
Durability 60
Endurance 80 (+5) 85
Speed 65 (useless stat)
Strength 94 (+5) 99

I don't know how you used your points before but try something like this and see if it works for you.

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
But I thought if it's on the right side RW should be in front of the net? Or both should be at the net? I'm always afraid I'd be a dick if I did drop, if that's the case then I'll drop since I figure that would be better also.
I'll hop on for some practice after the 'Hawks game and go over it in a practice if anyone else wants in.

It's a bigger dick move to stay in. It only hurts the team if your modem is lagging you that bad.

RS4-

zsswimmer said:
OMG HOUSE JUST SCORED A GOAL ON A CPU GOALIE BY DUMPING IN THE PUCK TOP SHELF HOLY SHIT

edit: The better part was that it was like 30 seconds in and the other team didn't quit LOLOLOLOL
I think that's the second or third time I've done it with the club, it's the first time they didn't quit

Nozdeuce

So, pre-gaf if we needed a quick goal, I'd setup in the slot trying to move around and stay open, and teammie would pass it to me, left, right, middle, didn't matter. That shit was a sure thing.

So Marv is saying he expects me to go to the net, and that I don't. I mostly do? But I also try to see if someone else is there, or headed that way, then I try to just setup and chill in the slot for my sure thing of a goal. Same thing with Viz, he'll be up in a corner somewhere and people will be swarming around, I'll be in the slot and there'll be times when there's a clear path to me, but nadda. It seems like most of our goals are from cross creases, and that's fine. But my goals happen from all over the place. And mine are insanely high % from the slot. So if Marvie wants someone to go to the net, and Manchot wants to know where to be. Match made in heaven.

My point about the passes to Viz is that the passes themselves aren't perfect, and while you may wish dearly for me to have been going to the net, if you had passed I would've wristed it in anyway like I've done a gazillion times this season already.

Edit: I'm eating soon but if people are still playing when I'm done then I'll join in

Montresor

Man my overall stats are so bad. I lose like every ranked OTP game and it's giving me Lebda-level stats. How do I check my pro's record with JUST the gaf eashl team? When I go to the EASHL menu and check for my stats, it shows the wins and losses that I've accumulated with both ranked OTP and club games...

And wtf at this page and all the talk about builds and points, making my head swim. I just recently got my second card, and I tried to spread the new exp points everywhere. I avoided fighting skill, faceoffs, speed, and acceleration, because they seemed useless to me. Buuuuuut I put a ton of points into passing and that's apparently useless (from Marvie's post). My passes through the neutral zone are always off the mark.

I got two slots that I've yet to unlock that don't seem to need a lot of grinding (both glove slots). One says "get all As with a created sniper in a game" and the other says "win the Cup in your first season." Those shouldn't be too hard to get. For that second glove slot, am I able to just sim to game 7 of the Cup final and win that game to get the slot?

RS4-

My Dion Phaneuf like aggression has been getting me goals right in front of the net.

Edit - and has got me in the box twice resulting in two goals for the other team :(

Marvie_3

Banned
Montresor said:
Man my overall stats are so bad. I lose like every ranked OTP game and it's giving me Lebda-level stats. How do I check my pro's record with JUST the gaf eashl team? When I go to the EASHL menu and check for my stats, it shows the wins and losses that I've accumulated with both ranked OTP and club games...

And wtf at this page and all the talk about builds and points, making my head swim. I just recently got my second card, and I tried to spread the new exp points everywhere. I avoided fighting skill, faceoffs, speed, and acceleration, because they seemed useless to me. Buuuuuut I put a ton of points into passing and that's apparently useless (from Marvie's post). My passes through the neutral zone are always off the mark.

I got two slots that I've yet to unlock that don't seem to need a lot of grinding (both glove slots). One says "get all As with a created sniper in a game" and the other says "win the Cup in your first season." Those shouldn't be too hard to get. For that second glove slot, am I able to just sim to game 7 of the Cup final and win that game to get the slot?
As long as you're not playing for the Leafs you should be fine. :p

Top Bottom