• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 11 EASHL Team (360)

Marvie_3

Banned
zsswimmer said:
That first game was a nice one, everybody clicking and was an easy win.
2nd one we got stomped, I played badly.

Then one of the games I managed to score two goals and everyone was trying to help me get the hatty (thanks!), I think thats the highest number of goals I've ever scored on defense LOL. I think the first 3 goal night I've had too.
That game was bullshit though. A bunch of little fuckers doing nothing but that shortside bullshit.

Congrats on the goals. Since it goes back to regular games tomorrow that means the swimcannon will be out of operation. :(

Edit: Woo! 200th goal with the club. :D

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
Way to [rainbow & sunshine] my replay you [darling individuals]

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/72462596

Yeeah, so I had no sense of positioning all night until the final game with Viz on D and me and Marvie just fucking shit up.

Made a few heinous passes that led to huge turnovers in the earlier games and wasn't able to make a couple passes for sure goals a couple times. Also god damn posts. As a drunk ass forward the passes between the human D was kind of painful at time. Good games though

Marvie_3

Banned
Nozdeuce said:
Way to [rainbow & sunshine] my replay you [darling individuals]

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/72462596

Yeeah, so I had no sense of positioning all night until the final game with Viz on D and me and Marvie just fucking shit up.

Made a few heinous passes that led to huge turnovers in the earlier games and wasn't able to make a couple passes for sure goals a couple times. Also god damn posts. As a drunk ass forward the passes between the human D was kind of painful at time. Good games though
Nice edit. :lol

Your goal was ridiculous though.

It really helped us in that last game that the team we were playing was complete fucking garbage. They tried to goon it up but they weren't even good at that.

poop games tonight, my bad on that last game my internet went out and just came back on, although i was bored and really didnt want to finish it anyway

congrats to swim on 2 absolute lasers

i played like crap in every game and earlier when me and swim played 2's, wasnt my day i guess

Nozdeuce

TheVisualizer said:
poop games tonight, my bad on that last game my internet went out and just came back on, although i was bored and really didnt want to finish it anyway

congrats to swim on 2 absolute lasers

i played like crap in every game and earlier when me and swim played 2's, wasnt my day i guess
:( I scored like 2 seconds after you left.

I thought you were fine, there was a different amount of offense generated but our breakouts were a lot different than normal. You made the passes you needed to and were always open and supporting me. You didn't pull off any Viz heroics though when you finally got a chance to it almost worked. But then I did even less so meh. Both you and Swim bailed me out a ton.

Way to outplay everyone on a bad day

Nozdeuce said:
:( I scored like 2 seconds after you left.

I thought you were fine, there was a different amount of offense generated but our breakouts were a lot different than normal. You made the passes you needed to and were always open and supporting me. You didn't pull off any Viz heroics though when you finally got a chance to it almost worked. But then I did even less so meh. Both you and Swim bailed me out a ton.

Way to outplay everyone on a bad day

my controller was fucking up, I would press or charge the trigger for passes and let go and nothing happened, shit happened like 10 times and its a pretty new controller so this was frustrating me

I also got lazy when I was playing center and was trying to poke for breakaways instead of helping out on defense and on top of that I missed 2 or wide open nets and was in the penalty box a couple times which never happens

like I said, poop

Nozdeuce

TheVisualizer said:
my controller was fucking up, I would press or charge the trigger for passes and let go and nothing happened, shit happened like 10 times and its a pretty new controller so this was frustrating me

I also got lazy when I was playing center and was trying to poke for breakaways instead of helping out on defense and on top of that I missed 2 or wide open nets and was in the penalty box a couple times which never happens

like I said, poop
HIGH FIVE NOW YOU'RE PLAYING LIKE ME! :(

My rt shit the bed a couple key times too

Nozdeuce

TheVisualizer said:
HIGH FIVE!

Wait... what are we high fiving for? Not being able to pass when you want sucks.
You get used to it.

Not being able to pass is the cause of like all my offensive end turnovers. Press RT nothing happens, tonight on occasion it simply didn't work but mostly it's already too late and it chooses not to pass and I instead get tied up or something. I come down the boards a little, everyone thinks I'd pass to D at the point, yet no, I magically hold onto it and cough it up.

THAT'S LIFE IN THE NOZ LANE, really I'm to blame, if I had flattened more people at our blue line you wouldve been sprung.

I lied, you never get used to uncle viz sighing after every offensive turnover.

Nozdeuce

Marvie_3 said:
Oh, congrats to Noz on winning the Marvie award for today. So many penalties......
Cheers. I especially liked the one along the boards I knew would be one but hoped that it wouldn't be a misconduct. My interference one was so weak though, it was completely accidental, kinda makes up for me randomly flattening people almost all the time but eh.

Marvie_3

Banned
Nozdeuce said:
Cheers. I especially liked the one along the boards I knew would be one but hoped that it wouldn't be a misconduct. My interference one was so weak though, it was completely accidental, kinda makes up for me randomly flattening people almost all the time but eh.
I'm just glad someone else was taking penalties for once. I got that charging call but I was sick of that fucker and wanted to crush him.

Nozdeuce

Marvie_3 said:
I'm just glad someone else was taking penalties for once. I got that charging call but I was sick of that fucker and wanted to crush him.
I respect that. I haven't done it as much since joining the team but prior I'd often just flat out level some human forward completely randomly if I had the angle on him. I do take a shitload of liberties in our own end though. Loved the one in our bottom right corner where I hit someone (womanly) without the puck, then someone else on our team comes in and does something and gets called for it. At one point I'm pretty sure I surprised someone on our team who was back in the left corner as some random enemy came sliding at them.

I really liked the near enemy offside where I flattened someone without the puck just inside our blue line and his corpse just held up the other team completely.

zsswimmer

God, just played a fucking AWESOME OTP game.

First, got to pick Atlanta for the team :D, secondly we won 5-0.

I haven't ever seen puck cycling so crisp in OTP in NHL10/11 ever. I think our team managed only 15 shots in 10:00 minutes of possession time (compared to the other team's 1:00), but I must've blasted off about 15 from the point that all seem to be blocked, I think only I had 3 shots register because they actually hit the net lol. That was the most one-sided beatdown I've ever played before, the other team managed 1 shot the entire game.

Feelsgoddamngoodman.jpg

You know what we should do sometime? We should gather up like 4 or 5 GAFers and create an OTP game. A team with any shred of teamwork will crush random OTP puck-hogging scrubs.

Montresor

Why is ranked online team play (that's what OTP stands for right?) hidden deep inside half a dozen menu options? If you go Xbox Live -> Online Team Play you only get the option to play unranked OTP. I'm trying to get games done in ranked to get those milestone achievements.

Marvie_3

Banned
We did that a few times last year. It did not go as well as expected. Then again, we were a shitty team last year. :lol

Montresor said:
Why is ranked online team play (that's what OTP stands for right?) hidden deep inside half a dozen menu options? If you go Xbox Live -> Online Team Play you only get the option to play unranked OTP. I'm trying to get games done in ranked to get those milestone achievements.
Because it's EA and as we all know, even putting together a competent menu is too much to ask from them.

zsswimmer

Montresor said:
Best way is to Xbox Live -> Community -> Lobby -> Then to go to game modes and choose OTP

LOL its definitely a lot of menus but going that way lets you see all the available games to choose from and it won't just throw you in some random game

Marvie_3 said:
We did that a few times last year. It did not go as well as expected. Then again, we were a shitty team last year. :lol
If randoms can do it we should be able to! We have a good team this year :) Even something like 3v3 we'd own.

zsswimmer

Marvie_3 said:
Unless we run into another club doing the same thing......
What are the odds of that? A couple of weeks ago I kept joining these guys 4v4 game and I ended up winning like 6 games in a row by a pretty dominant margin. I'd say its worth a shot but nobodies ever on :-(

Nozdeuce

zsswimmer said:
Cheesers are scrubs :]
My problem with OTP from playing this year seems to be that most people are generally good natured and try to play as a team, but ultimately suck. So while they try, I end up scoring every goal or at the very least setting up every goal. Not nearly as compelling to me as eashl

zsswimmer

Nozdeuce said:
My problem with OTP from playing this year seems to be that most people are generally good natured and try to play as a team, but ultimately suck. So while they try, I end up scoring every goal or at the very least setting up every goal. Not nearly as compelling to me as eashl
The 6v6 games are pure shitfests of non-passing cheesy top shelf scrubs. 3v3 and 2v2 CAN be a little better but for the most part everyone's out for themselves. I have about 600 or so OTP games played so I'm all too familiar with the way dman are treated out there ;_;

Nozdeuce

zsswimmer said:
The 6v6 games are pure shitfests of non-passing cheesy top shelf scrubs. 3v3 and 2v2 CAN be a little better but for the most part everyone's out for themselves. I have about 600 or so OTP games played so I'm all too familiar with the way dman are treated out there ;_;
Wow, that's brutal

Nozdeuce

RS4- said:
I'll play tonight if games are going on after the Jays-Twins game.
I'd be down. Such a fantastic way to start the season. So great seeing everyone coming through.

Montresor

If you guys have open spots I'll also be available to play.

Earlier today I was playing online versus play (by far my favourite mode, but I am warming up to eashl/otp). I read Viz's faceoff guide and was trying to apply it online to get that faceoff achievement (win 80% or more of faceoffs in ranked online versus). Well anyway, I was the Leafs, and I was dominating this guy. It was only 2-0 at the time, but I was badly outshooting him, and cycling the puck with ease in his zone. Anyway, to the left of his goalie, my guy with the puck breaks his own stick. I moved towards the puck and I inadvertently kick it to the slot. Tyler Bozak is there to snap it home... and then two things happened simultaneously. I lost connection to my opponent (rage quitter!) and the achievement unlocked message came up (Look Ma, No Stick). I knew about the achievement but I wasn't trying to get it, it was just pure awesome luck. ^_^

im up for some games tonight, just msg me if yall hop on I'll be playing Fight Night until then. Montresor is on right now but were gonna need 1 more as I'm not in the mood to carry the offense on my back alone.

zsswimmer

LOL Vis, I knew that shit would happen but it's always funny.

That GAF game was pretty close, I think we barely squeaked by with a 7-0 win, 2 from yours truly. Marvie what did you think about that :D

Next time Vis asks for goalie and I'm there everyone tell him NO! :p

Milly79

Can I join? I've had the itch to play recently, and my club is dead. I've been playing since EASHL has been implemented in '09. I usually play RW, but can play D and sometimes I enjoy G. I have 600~ points this year.

I like to play responsibly defensively, too.

I don't really care how good, bad the team is, I just wanna play. My team is still top 300, but they all died.

zsswimmer

Milly79 said:
Can I join? I've had the itch to play recently, and my club is dead. I've been playing since EASHL has been implemented in '09. I usually play RW, but can play D and sometimes I enjoy G. I have 600~ points this year.

I like to play responsibly defensively, too.

I don't really care how good, bad the team is, I just wanna play. My team is still top 300, but they all died.
Yep, we take all. Just send an invite to the club and someone will accept it. Lots of newcomers late into the NHL 11 season :)

Nozdeuce

zsswimmer said:
LOL Vis, I knew that shit would happen but it's always funny.

That GAF game was pretty close, I think we barely squeaked by with a 7-0 win, 2 from yours truly. Marvie what did you think about that :D

Next time Vis asks for goalie and I'm there everyone tell him NO! :p
It should've let me pee on marvie after I beat him.

what an epic collapse in that last game, im actually proud to have been part of it as I know we provided 4 or 5 humans on this planet with an immeasurable amount of joy...

oh well between that and my goalie pwnage i prob would have had the noose ready to hang myself, but seeing Marvie not only ragequit from the gaf game we played but logoff and waste the rest of his night staring at paint dry AKA play boring ass Dynasty Warriors should be enough to get me to the morning without inflicting any self harm to myself...

Nozdeuce

Milly79 said:
Is anyone playing now?2
Search for clan GAF and send an invite, me and someone else are playing a club game right now but I'll get you when we're done.

worst games i've played. 7-0 loss against Team GAF. Then we give up 2 goals within 1 minute in the club game and then another in OT.

I'm off to play some real ice hockey now :\

Milly79

Lol nice first game. Had a lot of nice plays, I thought. I took a ton of PIMs and scored that cheese... Wasn't intentional, really.

Nozdeuce

Milly79 said:
Lol nice first game. Had a lot of nice plays, I thought. I took a ton of PIMs and scored that cheese... Wasn't intentional, really.
I ended up taking a phone call to start that last game, but welcome aboard. I'm Noz and I don't know how to play my position, I tend to just tend to wing it on offense. Even though I'm into like hour 7 of drinking I'd say that game was pretty representative of what you'll have to put up with going forward.

I don't tend to be quite so useless, but my passing is infamously detrimental to everyone. I know it's only been one game, but I vote New Guy for president. Never played with or against someone who's able to be so fundamentally sound with incredible proper positioning, but then also being able to roll with my horrible random style of play and always be open.

I'm more than a little turned on.

Milly79

Nozdeuce said:
I ended up taking a phone call to start that last game, but welcome aboard. I'm Noz and I don't know how to play my position, I tend to just tend to wing it on offense. Even though I'm into like hour 7 of drinking I'd say that game was pretty representative of what you'll have to put up with going forward.

I don't tend to be quite so useless, but my passing is infamously detrimental to everyone. I know it's only been one game, but I vote New Guy for president. Never played with or against someone who's able to be so fundamentally sound with incredible proper positioning, but then also being able to roll with my horrible random style of play and always be open.

I'm more than a little turned on.
I'm not that good, really. Haha. One thing I have to say (not sure if anyone knows, but I also learned this quite recently) you can power up your passes before the puck gets to you. I don't know if you noticed, but most of the time when I got the puck, it was gone as soon as it touched my stick.

I felt like I was making a lot of mistakes that game, but I'm glad you think otherwise. I don't know what it is, but the build I am using seems to feel like I'm using tank controls. My guy is so slow to do anything, but his acceleration/speed/agility are all pretty high.

Marvie_3

Banned
Milly79 said:
I'm not that good, really. Haha. One thing I have to say (not sure if anyone knows, but I also learned this quite recently) you can power up your passes before the puck gets to you. I don't know if you noticed, but most of the time when I got the puck, it was gone as soon as it touched my stick.

I felt like I was making a lot of mistakes that game, but I'm glad you think otherwise. I don't know what it is, but the build I am using seems to feel like I'm using tank controls. My guy is so slow to do anything, but his acceleration/speed/agility are all pretty high.
Pro tip: Acceleration and speed are worthless stats. Don't waste points in them.

What jersey number do you use and what's your player name?

Welcome aboard.

Milly79

Marvie_3 said:
Pro tip: Acceleration and speed are worthless stats. Don't waste points in them.

What jersey number do you use and what's your player name?

Welcome aboard.
Hey, I roll with my buddies spec and he's fucking insane in the game (2k pts, top 100 team).

Colin Wilson - #33 is what i use, mainly.

Also, my schedule is kinda out there. M/W/Sat I work 5pm-1am cst, T/Th/F/Sun 3pm-11pm cst. I'm usually off Friday's and Sunday's. Virtually anytime before/after work I can play, but not sure how often you guys are on.

Top Bottom