• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 11 EASHL Team (360)

Milly79

I don't understand all the bickering in here, I guess it's because I am the new guy. Oh well, I don't think you guys are that bad at playing. I've definitely played with and against much worse.

The only reason I was hogging the 4 goal game was because no one else was doing anything. I had it take it into my own hands, which surprisingly worked well for once. It's really not a big deal if someone calls me out for something, I'm not gonna take it the wrong way.

good games everybody, bunch of tough losses tonight

in the future we might want to have one of our more level-headed teammates create the lobby for otp games...
you are going up on the mount rushmore of quitters with me marvie

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
Sooo LeDenog is an irl friend of mine. He and I joined the gaf team together last year in like Feb, he plays like me but less retarded. Dunno how much he'll play, he was bored so just fired up a 48 hour xbl code for now.

I played like shit pretty much all night and would've quit out on that last game but didn't want to leave you guys with a cpu center for faceoffs, though I didn't exactly do much better anyway.

Good we played that intersquad game because we are getting way more offsides than whats healthy.

Milly79

Nozdeuce said:
Are you kidding? That was amazing
:lol no. I got all confused cause they were pressuring a lot. Also, why does no one communicate really? I mean, I know I'm the new guy, but I at least attempt... Somewhat. It's pretty key I think.

Nozdeuce

Milly79 said:
:lol no. I got all confused cause they were pressuring a lot. Also, why does no one communicate really? I mean, I know I'm the new guy, but I at least attempt... Somewhat. It's pretty key I think.
I figure that must mean Viz was all yelled out. I'm cool with communicating but I'm not always so hot at recharging my mic, aaand tonight I was on the phone :(

Viz tends to quarterback us pretty well though, or use his silence to what I imagine is reinforcing his disgust at our goings on.

You're new but you have an easily spellable name and you're experienced, so you don't really count as new. Think nothing of all the Marvie bitching, just keep doin what you're doing. In reference to you having to score all 4 goals you said you hogged it, but that sounds par for the course for what you ended up doing offensively, so don't worry about it.

I really shouldve called it quits earlier in the night, I went downhill pretty fast.

Milly79 said:

i never shut up, i dont know what everyone elses deal is, they aren't a very talkative bunch besides manchot and tacklejerry

Milly79 said:
I'll talk more once I feel more comfortable. I don't know anyone by names (differing GAF/XBL names), much less voices.

im the guy that drops f bombs in bunches and says the word shit in every possible sentence, unless you are hard of hearing you must have heard me during that last game

Milly79

TheVisualizer said:
im the guy that drops f bombs in bunches and says the word shit in every possible sentence, unless you are hard of hearing you must have heard me during that last game
I'm pretty sure you heard me too, then. :lol

Milly79 said:
I'll talk more once I feel more comfortable. I don't know anyone by names (differing GAF/XBL names), much less voices.

It also doesnt help that some people's Hockey Player name, GAF name, and XBL name don't match up either...Viz and I communicate a lot. I know Noz has a mic, but he doesn't like to listen to me or stay with his man/zones :( So i yell at him constantly for it. I'm the guy that mostly blames myself for accidental touch passes, or hitting checked hard, or not being able to get around a defender.

Milly79 said:
Sorry for putting it in our own net. >.>

that was the funniest shit ever.

Montresor

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
ALSO:::::

Montressor I think it was, was asking about positioning on defense for some stuff so I was wondering if anyone wanted to do practice sometime with him as a group so show him stuff? He got burnt a couple times on the cross crease off the faceoff and was asking about that and something else if any of older Dmen want to help him or something. I explained the best I could yesterday but I know swim and Vis and others play D a lot more and know more of the subtleties with defending the bullshit goals. I was thinking we could maybe do a group one night or something for a little to show scenarios?

I agree with this. It would work a lot better with a mic though so we should wait until I finally get one. But I like the idea Zaraki.

Be a pro is just fucking difficult. It's been a huge adjustment from versus play to be-a-pro. I played versus play (online and offline) almost exclusively for the past year-and-a-half, only touching the offline version of be-a-pro last year for a couple of achievements... And I need to find a camera angle that works for me. Sometimes when the camera swings ever so slightly it screws up my passes.

Nozdeuce

Giant Robot said:
It also doesnt help that some people's Hockey Player name, GAF name, and XBL name don't match up either...Viz and I communicate a lot. I know Noz has a mic, but he doesn't like to listen to me or stay with his man/zones :( So i yell at him constantly for it. I'm the guy that mostly blames myself for accidental touch passes, or hitting checked hard, or not being able to get around a defender.
MIGHT AS WELL BE YELLING AT ME FOR BREATHING TOO

<3

Montresor said:
I agree with this. It would work a lot better with a mic though so we should wait until I finally get one. But I like the idea Zaraki.

Be a pro is just fucking difficult. It's been a huge adjustment from versus play to be-a-pro. I played versus play (online and offline) almost exclusively for the past year-and-a-half, only touching the offline version of be-a-pro last year for a couple of achievements... And I need to find a camera angle that works for me. Sometimes when the camera swings ever so slightly it screws up my passes.

use classic or ice camera

you can press SELECT to focus the camera on you instead of the puck at anytime if you get lost off screen as a defenseman. I barely use this tho because I've learned instead to measure the size of the diamond/triangle player indicator above your players head. If you are offscreen it gets smaller the further offscreen you are.

RS4-

To unlock some of the stuff in be a pro, just change all the settings: easiest difficulty, change the sliders so it's easier for you to score and hit, and if you want to play full games just to get quick more than a few points you could lower the period time as well (not hard to get something like 5 points/game) and when you hit an avg you like, sim the games then interrupt and join at the final minute so it counts towards those stupid "minimum 40 games played" stuff.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
TheVisualizer said:
welcome back, what was your Canadian-ass doing down there?

Stayed at an all-inclusive resort for a week with my wife and three other couples. Good times, and before anyone says it there was no wife swapping. It was great to get away from the snow.

zsswimmer

ggs Vis

The best part of that little run of games was that 7-(1?) blowout. I believe you had 5 goals and an assist and I had 1 goal and 4 assists :D

Too bad the rest of the night didn't go like that, we played good I thought. I got a little bit careless in our own end which ended up costing us though. And then I was robbed in that last game when the cpu set me up with a pass that had me in the high slot with a slapshot that got blocked or something :(

zsswimmer said:
ggs Vis

The best part of that little run of games was that 7-(1?) blowout. I believe you had 5 goals and an assist and I had 1 goal and 4 assists :D

Too bad the rest of the night didn't go like that, we played good I thought. I got a little bit careless in our own end which ended up costing us though. And then I was robbed in that last game when the cpu set me up with a pass that had me in the high slot with a slapshot that got blocked or something :(

yeah gg's

That 5 goal game was fun, I had some nice finishes, I wanted a 6th (team record I think?) and almost got it right at the end. We didn't play a single good team tonight and lost most of those games. That one team with the fast guy who kept streaking down the right side of the ice and getting in close was pissing me off. I goofed in that game and took the puck behind their net to try to waste time on the PK and we got burned. My passing has also gone to shit, I'm a second late seeing open guys and executing now. One game we lost where I was puckhandling a lot on the wall and behind the net, I almost shit my pants when I noticed the CPU actually cut to the net a few times for open cross crease passes and I didn't hook them up. I think my skills are deteriorating in my old age... lol

I was happy with our effort though as we climbed back in every one of those games that really went against us early and only lost by 1 in all of them. I might play more later, gotta get some food.

Nozdeuce

Ugh, that 2nd goal in the 2nd Viz game was so painful. I was just circling around along the right boards doing shit all, not knowing where the puck was going or where to head to. Was just completely freezed out.

Sorry about that last game House, I kept trying to pass it back to you (even when I wasn't getting passes off). And wow did I get blasted in the faceoff circle for like the last 3 periods, christ almighty that was bad. Sorry

Montresor

TheVisualizer said:
use classic or ice camera

you can press SELECT to focus the camera on you instead of the puck at anytime if you get lost off screen as a defenseman. I barely use this tho because I've learned instead to measure the size of the diamond/triangle player indicator above your players head. If you are offscreen it gets smaller the further offscreen you are.

Beautiful. I'm playing a game right now with the ice camera angle and the select button helps so much. I feel much more comfortable playing like this.

Montresor said:
Beautiful. I'm playing a game right now with the ice camera angle and the select button helps so much. I feel much more comfortable playing like this.
Remember to also turn off auto zoom, screws you up so much.

zsswimmer

ggs Vis, House, Montresor, Manchot

Sorry to cut it early but I felt like I was starting to play worse near the end.

Good games though with a clutch wrap around by Vis in the 1st game OT and then going from down 1 to winning 4-2 in the 2nd game. That was a fun one.

Montresor

I played three fun games tonight. Two of them swimmer described up above. The third was a 3-1 (or 4-1?) loss.

To the guys I played with (RS4, swimmer, Viz, and Manchot), did you have any tips for the way I played tonight? Let me know if I'm doing anything particularly wrong. Sometimes I don't even realize I'm making poor decisions (I didn't realize it until Viz told me, but I hold on to the puck too long sometimes in the neutral zone or on the breakout, and I get smashed before I can get a good pass in - the tip was to just dump it in if I'm pressured).

zsswimmer

Montresor said:
I played three fun games tonight. Two of them swimmer described up above. The third was a 3-1 (or 4-1?) loss.

To the guys I played with (RS4, swimmer, Viz, and Manchot), did you have any tips for the way I played tonight? Let me know if I'm doing anything particularly wrong. Sometimes I don't even realize I'm making poor decisions (I realized only until Viz told me that I hold on to the puck too long sometimes in the neutral zone or on the breakout, and I get smashed before I can get a good pass in - the tip was to just dump it in if I'm pressured).
No I thought you played really well tonight and you bailed me out on a couple of occasions. If I had to suggest something to improve is to not to get used to using the 'pass block' animation to block shots. If youre a dman doing this deep in the crease of the net youre only giving the opposition a golden opportunity to get a good shot in. But overall it looks like you are improving fast on defense.

Also, I forgot to add. I find it much easier on the back check when skating backwards and using the poke check versus skating forward and trying to keep up/slow down. It might be a preference of yours but its much more effective for me when skating backwards. I say this because I noticed you doing that a couple of times.

RS4-

One thing that takes time or just luck is getting used to passing up the wall or to the dman if we win the faceoff in the offensive zone. Sometimes the other team will pressure both dmen and you're better off passing it up the wall instead of having a pass picked off or a shot blocked that can lead to the break.

GGs tonight everyone!

Marvie_3

Banned
Viz and I just got done rolling these wannabe danglurrrz and sniperrrzz from QC. Lit them up 5-0. I had all 5 goals and our goalie stopped every shot of Viz's. Helluva game.

good games tonight fellas,

2 OT GWG's, I AM THE GREATEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My own goal was awesome too, channeled my inner Milly on that one, you would have proud!

You did good Montresor, only other tip I can give right now is in the offensive zone you passed up a few chances where you walked the puck towards the center of the point and had a wide open lane to shoot with a possible screen in front, bomb away those or just throw a junk wrister low at the goalie's pads to try to get a juicy rebound for someone else. Otherwise your defense has been very good so far and that's what Marvie is paying you for... check is in the mail.

Top Bottom