• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 11 EASHL Team (360)

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
TheVisualizer said:
good games tonight fellas,

2 OT GWG's, I AM THE GREATEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My own goal was awesome too, channeled my inner Milly on that one, you would have proud!

You did good Montresor, only other tip I can give right now is in the offensive zone you passed up a few chances where you walked the puck towards the center of the point and had a wide open lane to shoot with a possible screen in front, bomb away those or just throw a junk wrister low at the goalie's pads to try to get a juicy rebound for someone else. Otherwise your defense has been very good so far and that's what Marvie is paying you for... check is in the mail.
I'm kinda bummed I missed that, nothing better than having someone else put everyone out of their OT misery.

I also admire the tenacity and heart of someone who scores on their own net. Any putz can score on the other team's goalie, but it takes a true strength of will and ability to put it in on your own. I still remember my first own goal of this years eashl, goalie muffed the puck into the air and me bravely driving at our net, stick raised heroically, took a swing like Paul Bunyan and put in what otherwise would've just been one of a thousand routine popups.

I feel like in our recent chaotic offensive attempts we've been trying to hard to play right, everyone assuming or trying to get into position while Viz chills in a corner. While Viz's thousand goal games are from a combination of courageous passes from me and his insane deke skills. That or I've just been sucking ass, which I have been.

Marvie_3

Banned
2w3njax.jpg

Milly79

You're always saying how bad you play 99% of the time. I definitely don't see it when I'm playing with you guys. I mean, I see mistakes, yeah. That's normal.

Nozdeuce

Milly79 said:
You're always saying how bad you play 99% of the time. I definitely don't see it when I'm playing with you guys. I mean, I see mistakes, yeah. That's normal.
Eh, in my case I make a shitload of giveaways and spend most of the game swearing at myself under my breath :p So even if no one else really cares I'd rather get out infront of it. Also Marvie is an angry drunk with one foot always out the door. Annnnd Viz and Swim have taken some anxiety leave. I enjoy playing, even moreso when the team is clicking and playing well together.

STEALTH BRAG POST, I'M FUCKING AMAZING AND SHOULD BE SCORING AT ALL TIMES, EVERY SHOT. ALWAYS. WHEEEEE

Milly79 said:

yeah just ignore Noz's self-criticisms, he's awesome out there every game, it's just how he operates.

A few of us have our own "signature" weird behavioral patterns to help us get by. Mine for example, is to quit the club every couple weeks and swear that I won't comeback after I get frustrated over tough stretches of games.

Nozdeuce

It just annoys me when I don't score. And then it annoys me if I can't get the pass back to Swim/et al on defense, since I know that does work. Which equals ANNOYED SQUARED.

Also to assuage Swim's fears that I'm racist against swimmers for when he hints how helpful and productive our cpu players are.

As an epic tone changer for the thread I'll come out as being from Ottawa and a Sens fan. ME AND HOUSE NOW HAVE TO ENGAGE IN MORTAL COMBAT

zsswimmer

Nozdeuce said:
It just annoys me when I don't score. And then it annoys me if I can't get the pass back to Swim/et al on defense, since I know that does work. Which equals ANNOYED SQUARED.

Also to assuage Swim's fears that I'm racist against swimmers for when he hints how helpful and productive our cpu players are.

As an epic tone changer for the thread I'll come out as being from Ottawa and a Sens fan. ME AND HOUSE NOW HAVE TO ENGAGE IN MORTAL COMBAT
Our CPU fucking blows. Good positioning yes but awful passing

zsswimmer

Marvie_3 said:
Except for the 300 times a game our goalie slides completely out of the crease and leaves the net wide open.
I don't even count goalies for CPU. Theres no artificial intelligence controlling that piece of shit!

Nozdeuce

I'm mostly just used to winning, and always expect us to win, unless its like 5-0 going into the 2nd period. A lot of this is EA's doing with the horrible glitchy wrister from last year. No matter how many goals we were losing by last year could always just pass it off to me and I'd shoot, and 1-7 of them would go in. We had sooooo many comebacks.

Now everything is a lot tighter both offensively and defensively, so unless we're getting plowed by glitchers, we're losing because something went sideways. And then it dawns on me all the opponent's chances in whatever game came off my giveaways in their end. Which leads me to my critiques here.

I always thought most of my posts here were douchey in nature, since to me they always seem to invariably end with me talking about how amazing I am. LIKE LAST YEAR WHEN I'D SCORE ALL THOSE WRISTERS FOR COMEBACK WINS...

Milly79

Well, it seems no one is ever playing when I get on, or just quit. I get off tomorrow at 10:30-11:30 cst and I'd be down to play. If not, it's cool. I have Friday, Saturday and Sunday off this week.

Nozdeuce

Milly79 said:
Well, it seems no one is ever playing when I get on, or just quit. I get off tomorrow at 10:30-11:30 cst and I'd be down to play. If not, it's cool. I have Friday, Saturday and Sunday off this week.
Just spam the thread, Viz and/or Swim are usually/often around about now. I sometimes am. Just about everyone is around at some point every night. Like, by that time tomorrow it's entirely possible everyone has lost the will to live and has quit for the night, on the flipside could still be going strong. Just check in here often and get Viz and Marvie on your friends list.

Milly79

I have both of them. They were playing around the time I got off and I asked Marv if they were still gonna be playing and he never responded and went to BFBC2.

zsswimmer

Milly79 said:
Whats your regular get-on time for Xbox? I'm usually on a lot during the afternoon (EST) and at night during the later parts of the week.

I have 3 tests tomorrow so I probably won't be on today :(

Nozdeuce

Milly79 said:
I have both of them. They were playing around the time I got off and I asked Marv if they were still gonna be playing and he never responded and went to BFBC2.
:( Yeah Marvie told me to get on, then told me not to bother because Viz was going to pack it in after their current game. Tuesday nights aren't good for me anyway. I normally don't get on NHL till later, mostly starting around Midnight est. Viz, despite normally starting much earlier in the night, tends to be around for a few games once I get on. Swim is usually good about playing into the night if he's not lagging. Schuey is back now and he's usually around for later too. TackleJerry and Montresor seem to be around later too, but they don't always post, so have to check on them ingame.

I'm assuming Viz was stroking out last night and the OT games wore him down and he wanted to go out on a high note before NHL got a chance to crush his spirit.

Nozdeuce said:
:( Yeah Marvie told me to get on, then told me not to bother because Viz was going to pack it in after their current game. Tuesday nights aren't good for me anyway. I normally don't get on NHL till later, mostly starting around Midnight est. Viz, despite normally starting much earlier in the night, tends to be around for a few games once I get on. Swim is usually good about playing into the night if he's not lagging. Schuey is back now and he's usually around for later too. TackleJerry and Montresor seem to be around later too, but they don't always post, so have to check on them ingame.

I'm assuming Viz was stroking out last night and the OT games wore him down and he wanted to go out on a high note before NHL got a chance to crush his spirit.

nah I played like 4 or 5 games in a row then everyone had to split but Marvie so we played one and then I had to call it an early night (by my standards)

Nozdeuce

TheVisualizer said:
nah I played like 4 or 5 games in a row then everyone had to split but Marvie so we played one and then I had to call it an early night (by my standards)
Yay! You weren't dying on the inside <3 You really are quite the machine, I have no idea how you're able to survive playing so much.

I know you said Crysis 2 sp was tactical, but I was really surprised just by how much. I'm also mildly offended they didn't immediately teach me how to silent instant kill right off the bat. It's literally all I wanted to do for the first 20 minutes. Yay now I'm invis NOW HOW DO I KILL THEM INVISIBLE LIKE? Then eons later they tell me.

RS4-

Viz is happier when I play on the wing so I don't fuck up my defensive assignments and let people have wide open shots to the net.

Nozdeuce

RS4- said:
Viz is happier when I play on the wing so I don't fuck up my defensive assignments and let people have wide open shots to the net.
Meh, team game. If I wasn't always uselessly knocking over the D in their end I'm often able to get back and poke it away before they manage a shot. I also like how when you do get ahead of me going up the ice you actually do take it in and do stuff with it when I spring you.

Milly79

My schedule is as follows:

Monday, Wednesday, Saturday: 5pm-1am
Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Sunday: 3pm-11pm

I'm almost always on playing CoD before and after work. Right now I have Saturdays and Sundays off, but after this week I'll work Sundays so I'll have a weekday off.

zsswimmer

Milly79 said:
My schedule is as follows:

Monday, Wednesday, Saturday: 5pm-1am
Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Sunday: 3pm-11pm

I'm almost always on playing CoD before and after work. Right now I have Saturdays and Sundays off, but after this week I'll work Sundays so I'll have a weekday off.
I always see you playing Black Ops but I usually don't bother people who aren't playing NHL. Gotta send me a message ;)

zsswimmer

Milly79 said:
Just ask. :)
Yeah but you see everyone is usually playing different games. You on black ops, Marvie/Pheenix [was] on netflix , Vis on fight night etc etc. So unless someone gets on NHL I feel its up to the other person to ask if they want to play a club game :)

RS4- said:

Actually we were happy when we found out your mic wasn't plugged in last night. :p

Milly79 said:

I'm surprised I can't stay up past 11 or 12 on weekdays but weekends people usually stay up pretty late and many times they play until 1 or 2 am, probably just a fluke week. They usually get on after I get off so you should see them sometime.

Nozdeuce said:
Yay! You weren't dying on the inside <3 You really are quite the machine, I have no idea how you're able to survive playing so much.

I know you said Crysis 2 sp was tactical, but I was really surprised just by how much. I'm also mildly offended they didn't immediately teach me how to silent instant kill right off the bat. It's literally all I wanted to do for the first 20 minutes. Yay now I'm invis NOW HOW DO I KILL THEM INVISIBLE LIKE? Then eons later they tell me.

I'm almost to the end of the Crysis 2 SP campaign and quite honestly I'm bored of it. Game looks good but is just really monotonous despite the illusion of choice they give you to go about your business. The enemies are boring after the 2nd time you fight them, and I think the complete turd of a story is what really kills the game for me, it's a shame I was really looking forward to it. House warned me the game was disappointing and he was right.

MP has been a little better of an experience but I haven't played it in like a week and a half. I just don't really care for FPS' anymore, although I enjoyed the shit out of Killzone 3.

RS4- said:

nah, you sound like Noz now. Your play at defenseman is awesome. You are equally as good at winger, it's just that you along with Manchot are the only 2 players that can play both forward and d-man effectively (queue Manchot joke from Marvie...) so I always ask you to move up when we have a logjam at d-man.

It's amazing how deep we are at defenseman now on this team as opposed to where we were just a few months ago where it was basically me and swim on bust back there. Now we have a ton of skilled depth with:

-Swim
-House
-Schuey
-Montresor
-Manchot
-Me

Marvie_3

Banned
RS4- said:
I don't know what Viz is complaining about. You only do that about 50 times a game. ;)

RS4-

Yeah I didn't mean to poke fun at anyone or anything like that; I don't mind playing up front or back, whatever I can to help the team.

And lol last night, didn't realize my mic was in the up position for a whole game and a bit while it was on.

I'll have to call my dump ins earlier so you guys can have speed going in.

RS4- said:
Yeah I didn't mean to poke fun at anyone or anything like that; I don't mind playing up front or back, whatever I can to help the team.

And lol last night, didn't realize my mic was in the up position for a whole game and a bit while it was on.

I'll have to call my dump ins earlier so you guys can have speed going in.

:lol It was just funny how we made fun of you that whole time with no response and the second Vis starts bashing the leafs you magically started talking. :p

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
:lol It was just funny how we made fun of you that whole time with no response and the second Vis starts bashing the leafs you magically started talking. :p

yeah that was classic. Not a second after I made some disparaging remark about Dok not knowing anything about winning hockey because he was a Leafs fan his voice comes to life after being silent for an hour... lol

All you Leafs fan's are the same, I've learned my lesson not to even mention that team in the NHL thread anymore as I get ganged up on immediately and relentlessly pummeled with insults.

Nozdeuce

TheVisualizer said:
I'm almost to the end of the Crysis 2 SP campaign and quite honestly I'm bored of it. Game looks good but is just really monotonous despite the illusion of choice they give you to go about your business. The enemies are boring after the 2nd time you fight them, and I think the complete turd of a story is what really kills the game for me, it's a shame I was really looking forward to it. House warned me the game was disappointing and he was right.

MP has been a little better of an experience but I haven't played it in like a week and a half. I just don't really care for FPS' anymore, although I enjoyed the shit out of Killzone 3.

nah, you sound like Noz now.
Yeah, I stopped playing about 30 seconds after i unlocked Armor. I went ahead, got the silenced smg, went invis, tried to silent takedown someone but he turned slightly or something so I ended up punching him, 72 grenades killed me. Haven't bothered to play SP or MP since. I really did enjoy the MP though, the 2nd assault rifle is pretty life changing. And I find it endlessly amusing to armor up and just blast through an entire team. But I haven't been bothered to play it in a week or two. Meh. Sounds like if I do play more it'll be mp only for me.

I skipped on killzone 3 (fool me twice kinda thing) but have been more or less enjoying the socom 4 beta which is now open to everyone. It's my first real experience with a Socom and I sucked for my first day of trying to play it Socomy. Day two I just played like it was any other shooter and rocketed to first. No matter how fast I sprint to the front some dolt on the other team has out-ran me and I cap him in the head as I get to where shit goes down. AND THEN I KILL THEM ALL. I really appreciate what Black Ops did with making the perks less fucking retarded, but I never seem to get around to playing it. Ditto for Reach, really enjoy the new dlc mp maps but never get around to playing that either, so much fun playing swat though. The more shooters I go through the more I yearn for more Shadowrun. That game was just stupid fun.

HE SHOULD SOUND LIKE ME, I'M AWESOME

Marvie_3

Banned
TheVisualizer said:
All you Leafs fan's are the same, I've learned my lesson not to even mention that team in the NHL thread anymore as I get ganged up on immediately and relentlessly pummeled with insults.
You just have to keep at it. Bash them enough and eventually they stop fighting back and move on to someone else.

Montresor

I'm on and ready to play if anyone wants. For now I have Black Ops in the 360. Send me a message if you're on!

Also, I'm gonna hit up other GAFers with friend requests. I still don't have Manchot or Milly on my friends list.

As an aside, I hate missable achievements in single player games. I needed to decide whether to play Alan Wake or Black Ops. Apparently Alan Wake has 17 missable achievements. I'm not gonna be able to ignore the game... because it looks great, and I've heard nice things about it. But 17 missable achievements? Black Ops it is.

zsswimmer

FPS s are like gaming binges for me. Sometimes I'll go and get addicted to one game and then never play it for like a month. I did that with BC2, go all non-stop playing it and now I haven't touched it in awhile.

For some reason I can play NHL 11/10 all year round, I never get too bored of it. Whenever I go see a live hockey game I always feel like I need to get home and play NHL. Dunno why. Its a love/hate relationship :(

RS4- said:
Crysis 2 is shit. The only fps that matter: bf/bc2 and upcoming bf3 and probably red orchestra 2.

i might be able to get behind that statement, I enjoyed BFBC2 for awhile but its too reckless for me and the weapon balancing is shit, I'm sure BF3 is gonna be an improvement, visuals are already unbelievable.

I'm gonna watch the Phillies game and will be up for some clubbin later, prob after 10pm EST

RS4-

Yeah as bad as some of the weapons are in bc2, the general gameplay is fun. It just needs more maps. Whereas something like black ops, I play for a month then come back to it a few weeks later and just shake my head at how bad it is after a few mins.

I look forward to sniping Marvie from across the map.

Then again I have gamers ADD. Play a bunch of different games and not finish all of them.

If it wasn't for the club, I don't think I'd actually own NHL; playing 1v1 is such a tossup and OTP dropin is just as random.

Nozdeuce

RS4- said:
Crysis 2 is shit. The only fps that matter: bf/bc2 and upcoming bf3 and probably red orchestra 2.
I LIKE YOU, EVEN THOUGH YOU ARE FROM TORONTO AND THUS WE MUST BATTLE TO THE DEATH

RS4- said:
Yeah as bad as some of the weapons are in bc2, the general gameplay is fun. It just needs more maps. Whereas something like black ops, I play for a month then come back to it a few weeks later and just shake my head at how bad it is after a few mins.

I look forward to sniping Marvie from across the map.

Then again I have gamers ADD. Play a bunch of different games and not finish all of them.

If it wasn't for the club, I don't think I'd actually own NHL; playing 1v1 is such a tossup and OTP dropin is just as random.
<3

BF3 will be fundamentally more fun because the maps won't be fucking rectangles/sniper shooting galleries, also it's related to BF2. Man, RO was so fucking brutal, I really miss that game. BFBC2 if fun for what it is, but reminds me too much of my time playing DoD, just camping with my sniper crosshair on a flag and shooting anyone who ran through it.

Nozdeuce said:
I LIKE YOU, EVEN THOUGH YOU ARE FROM TORONTO AND THUS WE MUST BATTLE TO THE DEATH

<3

BF3 will be fundamentally more fun because the maps won't be fucking rectangles/sniper shooting galleries, also it's related to BF2. Man, RO was so fucking brutal, I really miss that game. BFBC2 if fun for what it is, but reminds me too much of my time playing DoD, just camping with my sniper crosshair on a flag and shooting anyone who ran through it.

my biggest problem with BFBC2 was how over-powered the heavy weapons that the medic carried were. Not even the power, but the accuracy, you can literally snipe people from across the map with some of the better ones without even looking down the sights/scope, it's fucking terrible. I didn't mind the snipers much except for the mortar strikes which were abused due to the quick cooldown time. Oh yeah and the chat/squad system on 360 was the worst thing ever invented.

Nozdeuce

TheVisualizer said:
my biggest problem with BFBC2 was how over-powered the heavy weapons that the medic carried were. Not even the power, but the accuracy, you can literally snipe people from across the map with some of the better ones without even looking down the sights/scope, it's fucking terrible. I didn't mind the snipers much except for the mortar strikes which were abused due to the quick cooldown time. Oh yeah and the chat/squad system on 360 was the worst thing ever invented.
Agreed, the hmg accuracy was fucking retarded. On pc my friends would use them to snipe from their own spawns. I don't really have any problems with snipers either, my super ADD makes me never sit still so they usually aren't an issue for me, unless like you say they're spamming mortar strikes. I actually like to play as a sniper and use the G4 (or m14 if I'm feeling masochistic) I'd just play it like regular assault class but then mortar the shit out of any and all vehicles I'd come across. Sitting camping along a road and one-shotting tanks with mortar + bonii explosive damage is sooo therapeutic to me after being raped for so long by tanks in BF2. Agreed, I think the general map layout's make even having squads pretty superfluous compared to BF2. There's no real out-playing enemy squads as much as it is just ramming straight at each other like any other shooter.

Marvie_3

Banned
If I ever use the recon class I roll with the VSS(red dot so it's like a sweet SMG) and C4. Basically an assault class with motion detectors.

RS4-

Wait, noz you're on pc bc!?

That's the thing I didn't like about the LMGs and to some extent almost all the guns: snipe from anywhere. And just the usual shit like medics being able to revive almost anyone even if they took a shot to the face or getting hit by a rocket.

Nozdeuce

RS4- said:
Wait, noz you're on pc bc!?

That's the thing I didn't like about the LMGs and to some extent almost all the guns: snipe from anywhere. And just the usual shit like medics being able to revive almost anyone even if they took a shot to the face or getting hit by a rocket.
Nahh, I'm strictly console now. Used to play everything back in the day on PC though. Mostly every battlefield post-42, a pretty small HL1 mp mod called Firearms, RO and like every rts game.

It was funny seeing the screenshots my friends would send me of their unlocked field of view while they sniped from spawn. All they'd do was complain about how buggy and broken the game was, while on 360 I was more or less enjoying myself.

RS4-

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Pheenix used to play BC2 with me but I haven't seen him on in ages. Swim has PC version also, I'm assuming you have pc too house?
Yeah I'm on pc for it. If you guys see me online and are playing NHL, send me a msg. I might be able to squeeze in a few games

Top Bottom