• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 11 EASHL Team (360)

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
Marvie_3 said:
Thanks for reminding me why Gears multiplayer is totally broken.
Seems like the changes for 3 should unfuck it. New two shot shotgun that's slow to reload for the shotgun punch spammers, old shotgun nerfed some for everybody else

I can't believe you guys actually are excited to play Gears of War, Gears MP has been fucking terrible for 2 games now, only thing that somewhat redeemed GOW2 was the CPU A.I. in Horde Mode which was really good.

I'll more than likely be getting the game because my best friend is a dudebro that loved playing thru the co-op campaign in the 1st two and this game appeals to him like no other, but I don't have any intention of touching MP.

Nozdeuce

TheVisualizer said:
I can't believe you guys actually are excited to play Gears of War, Gears MP has been fucking terrible for 2 games now, only thing that somewhat redeemed GOW2 was the CPU A.I. in Horde Mode which was really good.

I'll more than likely be getting the game because my best friend is a dudebro that loved playing thru the co-op campaign in the 1st two and this game appeals to him like no other, but I don't have any intention of touching MP.
I found horde to be a mixed bag, fun when it's just 2 or 3 drunk friends. Endlessly boring playing with a real group trying to win. So much camping, followed by getting spawned behind and instantly overrun. Depending on the map Wingman was a lot of fun. On Avalanche(?) it always devolved into an orgy of chain shotgun punch spamming, but elsewhere it was a lot of fun flanking around and stuff

zsswimmer

SCHUEY F1 said:
Might have to make a pre-order.
Gears 1 was my reigning multiplayer game. Great times with my brother and my friends. Gears 2 blew donkey cock, hoping that 3 will bring back the same awesomeness of the first one
headbang_1.gif

Marvie_3

Banned
TheVisualizer said:

I'm not really that excited. I barely touched the MP on Gears 1 & 2 because of how shitty it was. I don't mind playing through the games coop but I couldn't care less about the multiplayer.

TheVisualizer said:
anybody planning on playing NHL tonight?
I'll play. Just send me a message if I'm on something else.

Marvie_3 said:
I'm not really that excited. I barely touched the MP on Gears 1 & 2 because of how shitty it was. I don't mind playing through the games coop but I couldn't care less about the multiplayer.

alright, good to hear

I guess I'll have have to let swim slide because he's a good dude. Besides he's already made it clear to me that he has shitty taste in games as he wastes time playing Call of Duty when he's not on NHL.

Noz is Canadian so I have to forgive him, it's cold up there and they don't know any better...

Nozdeuce

TheVisualizer said:
alright, good to hear

I guess I'll have have to let swim slide because he's a good dude. Besides he's already made it clear to me that he has shitty taste in games as he wastes time playing Call of Duty when he's not on NHL.

Noz is Canadian so I have to forgive him, it's cold up there and they don't know any better...
I SAID I LIKED RED ORCHESTRA YOU JERKFACE.

The shooters I had the most fun playing were all on PC.

Nozdeuce said:
I SAID I LIKED RED ORCHESTRA YOU JERKFACE.

The shooters I had the most fun playing were all on PC.

alright I'll give you a pass, but schuey's Canadian-Mexican-ass doesn't get one for still playing HomeFront and Dragon Age 2... what are you thinking man? Do you need to mail you some good games or what? Why do you torture yourself :)

Milly79

TheVisualizer said:
alright, good to hear

Must include me, too. I only play it because it's easy to pick up before/after work for a few hours, whereas no one is on NHL and I dont like Vs. or Drop ins.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
TheVisualizer said:
alright I'll give you a pass, but schuey's Canadian-Mexican-ass doesn't get one for still playing HomeFront and Dragon Age 2... what are you thinking man? Do you need to mail you some good games or what? Why do you torture yourself :)

lol, Dragon Age 2 is far from perfect, but I like the story and world they created. Homefront is fun just to mess around in with a few of my buddies.

I'm not a big of Gears MP, I mainly enjoy playing the co-op.

And I'm not Mexican, I'm originally from Saskatchewan.

SCHUEY F1 said:
lol, Dragon Age 2 is far from perfect, but I like the story and world they created. Homefront is fun just to mess around in with a few of my buddies.

was wondering why you never spoke Spanish during our games... :)

I was aware you aren't Mexican, just ribbing on you about your trip

zsswimmer

TheVisualizer said:
alright, good to hear

Call of Duty sucks. Its not even my copy of the game, I just need to mix it up from the NHL now and then. Got a PS2 emulator running now so I got plenty of options to go from here.

Gears of War is still badass though!

Montresor

No one ribbed me about COD, but I do love the Call of Duty games on single player. They have awesome campaigns (the MW games moreso than Black Ops).

I am officially done with Black Ops though. I do not want to touch the zombie mode ever again. Good night Treyarch!

Nozdeuce

Montresor said:
No one ribbed me about COD, but I do love the Call of Duty games on single player. They have awesome campaigns (the MW games moreso than Black Ops).

I am officially done with Black Ops though. I do not want to touch the zombie mode ever again. Good night Treyarch!
I tend to be cranky and dislike everything. With that in mind somewhere between CoD2 and 4 (I didn't play 3) I got tired of CoD's single player campaigns. I really liked COD4 mp, disliked MW2 mp a ton, and really really like BLOPS mp but I seemingly never play it.

NHL ANYONE?

i had to break out after 2 games,

we played terrible on all fronts imo, especially on offense and no one wants to communicate on the mics in 2 games so nothing is gonna change...

Marvie_3

Banned
Yeah we played like shit. Defensemen HAVE TO STAY BACK. Far too often we have 4 players way up the ice and we give up so many fucking breakaways and odd man rushes.

Marvie_3 said:
Yeah we played like shit. Defensemen HAVE TO STAY BACK. Far too often we have 4 players way up the ice and we give up so many fucking breakaways and odd man rushes.

i wasn't there the last game so I can't speak for that, but I'm not pointing the finger at defensemen in the 2 games I played.

Point blank without sugar coating it, you and Noz played the worse 2 games I've ever seen you guys play tonight on both ends. You guys did ok forechecking but that was it. So many rushed shots, passing was terrible and don't get me started on moving without the puck and spacing. I thought the fact that we couldn't really get anything going on offense killed us. I can see why Dok may have felt the need to jump up in the play, as we didn't get it done. If it wasn't for me constantly digging pucks out the corner we wouldn't have had any shots in both of those games.

I'll chalk it up to everyone being rusty.

Nozdeuce

TheVisualizer said:
i wasn't there the last game so I can't speak for that, but I'm not pointing the finger at defensemen in the 2 games I played.

Point blank without sugar coating it, you and Noz played the worse 2 games I've ever seen you guys play tonight on both ends. You guys did ok forechecking but that was it. So many rushed shots, passing was terrible and don't get me started on moving without the puck and spacing. I thought the fact that we couldn't really get anything going on offense killed us. I can see why Dok may have felt the need to jump up in the play, as we didn't get it done. If it wasn't for me constantly digging pucks out the corner we wouldn't have had any shots in both of those games.

Aside from being unable to knock anyone over, I thought I played great! I went to the net, I passed at people playing their position so well my very passing it was a tacit acknowledgment to the existence of a holy creator, and I stayed "open" the entire time in the offensive zone by sitting around in a cross crease ready location.

SCHUEY F1 said:

Saskatchewan is a real place? I've only heard it mentioned in Bugs Bunny cartoons. :lol

TheVisualizer said:

I don't know how anyone played last night since I wasn't there but I think House has gotten pretty good at jumping into the play. Maybe I'm just used to playing with him but once you get a feel of when he usually jumps in he becomes a nice offensive threat on D.

Montresor

Marvie_3 said:

I know you say this a LOT to me, so sorry I did that again last night. The problem with me is I'm always debating inside my head whether I should sit back or jump in on the play, and I'm always switching between both philosophies throughout a game. I think to myself "if I'm always back then I'm not really contributing to the offense." Basically, I'm guilty of always underestimating the forwards' abilities to generate offense without me jumping into the play. I will try to stay back more and prevent those odd man rushes in the future.

Nozdeuce said:
Aside from being unable to knock anyone over, I thought I played great! I went to the net, I passed at people playing their position so well my very passing it was a tacit acknowledgment to the existence of a holy creator, and I stayed "open" the entire time in the offensive zone by sitting around in a cross crease ready location.

fair enough, I just didn't think me you and Marvie clicked last night and I was frustrated with some of things you 2 were doing

Marvie_3

Banned
TheVisualizer said:

Not gonna disagree about us playing like shit. We were bad all around.

Noz was the one who dug that puck out of the corner and fed me a perfect pass for a goal in the slot though. ;)

Marvie_3

Banned
Montresor said:
I know you say this a LOT to me, so sorry I did that again last night. The problem with me is I'm always debating inside my head whether I should sit back or jump in on the play, and I'm always switching between both philosophies throughout a game. I think to myself "if I'm always back then I'm not really contributing to the offense." Basically, I'm guilty of always underestimating the forwards' abilities to generate offense without me jumping into the play. I will try to stay back more and prevent those odd man rushes in the future.
To be fair, we were all bad position wise last night so that wasn't directed at just you. But something I've noticed more and more as of late is that we're all getting worse positionally. This late in the year there are fewer and fewer bad teams floating around the EASHL. More often than not we're going to get matched up with more aggressive and more skilled teams and positioning becomes more crucial. Forwards need to do a better job forechecking and preventing a smooth trip through the neutral zone but the d-men can't give up the ship by jumping too far up or chasing guys out to the blue line for a check.

As far as helping out the offense, if we're clicking on offense, we're going to get the dmen involved too so there's no reason to get too aggressive. That's pretty much how we were able to dominate in the playoffs when we won. The forwards were playing well and it opened up a ton of space for swim and house. Both of them took advantage and racked up a ton of points.

It all comes down to playing better as a team though. A few practices wouldn't hurt any of us. We're all in a funk.

Marvie_3 said:
Not gonna disagree about us playing like shit. We were bad all around.

Noz was the one who dug that puck out of the corner and fed me a perfect pass for a goal in the slot though. ;)

get ur damn facts right buddy, noz didnt do anything but pass you the puck, i went up to the corner to support him, poked the puck free twice from 1 guy, and then poked it towards the corner where noz happened to be and u guys finished perfectly. My intention here is not to take credit for anything, just to set the record straight.

BTW there isnt any use in practicing as you guys dont say a word during the games. The 2 months where we played great and finished in the Elite Division were primarily because we had most of the team actively communicating and I showed you how to level the playing field by choosing our opponents more wisely (dont play people who advertise QC and dont play outnumbered). If we get back to talking again we will elevate our play past being mediocre.

Nozdeuce

Me and Marvie haven't played well together since we started playing a more structured offense. We don't even seem to be playing with that structure anymore, just regimented enough so everyone without the puck waits around for a cross crease pass that never makes it to them. For better or worse it seems like I'm the only one making risky passes. Marvie used to say frequently how whatever pass to him I made had no right getting to him, now as we all race to setup on the opposite post he's saying it a lot less often.

House/Me/Milly seem to do well together. Milly's fault of course, he's always open then sets one of us up. : )

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
TheVisualizer said:
get ur damn facts right buddy, noz didnt do anything but pass you the puck, i went up to the corner to support him, poked the puck free twice from 1 guy, and then poked it towards the corner where noz happened to be and u guys finished perfectly. My intention here is not to take credit for anything, just to set the record straight.

BTW there isnt any use in practicing as you guys dont say a word during the games. The 2 months where we played great and finished in the Elite Division were primarily because we had most of the team actively communicating and I showed you how to level the playing field by choosing our opponents more wisely (dont play people who advertise QC and dont play outnumbered). If we get back to talking again we will elevate our play past being mediocre.

I think we should be using our mic's as well. I usually have mine on, but I tend to be the only one. I think a few people have damaged mic's though.

Top Bottom