• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 11 EASHL Team (360)

I think I need to look into routers again. I just had the worst lag ever where my player would respond almost 3 seconds after I pressed a button and the previous game was fine. Any router someone recommends that isn't super pricey?

Not sure why but it's been super sporadic lately so I guess it might be the router?

Marvie_3

Banned
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
I think I need to look into routers again. I just had the worst lag ever where my player would respond almost 3 seconds after I pressed a button and the previous game was fine. Any router someone recommends that isn't super pricey?

Not sure why but it's been super sporadic lately so I guess it might be the router?
Linksys E2000. ~$60-70

RS4-

I'll get on now if you guys are still in games.

I'm using one of the wrt54GL routers, it isn't bad; I'm not sure if it's fucking with my iPhone 4 wifi though

RS4-

Christ, fuck NHL. One guy starts a penalty shot by pinning himself against the boards for a good 5 seconds then scores.

Meanwhile superhuman goalie gets away with letting the AI make the saves. And I fucked up pretty badly in the last game with the human goalie

Marvie_3

Banned
RS4- said:
Christ, fuck NHL. One guy starts a penalty shot by pinning himself against the boards for a good 5 seconds then scores.

Meanwhile superhuman goalie gets away with letting the AI make the saves. And I fucked up pretty badly in the last game with the human goalie
That game with the human goalie was such garbage. The ice tilt is so bad when the other team has a human goalie. It's damn near unplayable.

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
I can only find it for $80 which is kind of rich for my blood. Did you get it on sale I guess?
Nope.

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
Good games last night, amazing comeback and goals in bunches. Was totally sweet. Good to have you back Schuey. I was soooooo glad when the huge tip in counted.

Sorry I never came back, got kidnapped.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Nozdeuce said:
Good games last night, amazing comeback and goals in bunches. Was totally sweet. Good to have you back Schuey. I was soooooo glad when the huge tip in counted.

Sorry I never came back, got kidnapped.

Thanks, that goal was sweet. I was a little rusty last night at times, but we played good overall.

Nozdeuce

SCHUEY F1 said:
Thanks, that goal was sweet. I was a little rusty last night at times, but we played good overall.
Meh, you were fine. It was fun and we all moved the puck well and got open. House and I have been really playing well together on offense recently, and you're always reliable on D.

Manchot is really really good at going to the net. If anyone is irked by me staying put look for him to streak in. Made and had some fabulous plays. Would be far more dangerous if it wasn't for my passing.

Marvie_3 said:
Walmart had it for $65 here.

Nice, I'll check walmart tomorrow then.

Nozdeuce said:
Meh, you were fine. It was fun and we all moved the puck well and got open. House and I have been really playing well together on offense recently, and you're always reliable on D.

Manchot is really really good at going to the net. If anyone is irked by me staying put look for him to streak in. Made and had some fabulous plays. Would be far more dangerous if it wasn't for my passing.

Probably better if I could aim/deke. :lol I didn't realize my timing was too late on passing across the middle until Vis told me so I should be getting better at setting people up.

Nozdeuce

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Probably better if I could aim/deke. :lol I didn't realize my timing was too late on passing across the middle until Vis told me so I should be getting better at setting people up.
I wouldn't worry, I blame a lot of goals on magic. Like the one you set me up for, I didn't aim shit. A lot of it (to me) seems to be timing and positioning, and pretty much as long as you receive and shoot it, it's a goal. I don't think Viz likes the timing of my passes either

Nozdeuce said:
I wouldn't worry, I blame a lot of goals on magic. Like the one you set me up for, I didn't aim shit. A lot of it (to me) seems to be timing and positioning, and pretty much as long as you receive and shoot it, it's a goal. I don't think Viz likes the timing of my passes either

That's usually why I waited on my passes but apparently it may have been counterproductive.

Nozdeuce

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
That's usually why I waited on my passes but apparently it may have been counterproductive.
Meh, I'm just happy if it get's where it's going. My assists of Viz's goals are far from perfect. I got screwed out of a couple good setups when you were going up ice when it decided to pass to some stupid ai further up. Totally lame.

RS4- said:
Viz is happier when I play on the wing so I don't fuck up my defensive assignments and let people have wide open shots to the net.
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Nice, I'll check walmart tomorrow then.

Nozdeuce said:

do I really come across as that much of an asshole?

you guys make it seem like I'm a dictator that isn't ever happy with anyone's play. I seem to remember using a lot more positive reinforcement during games than this picking apart of your game's as you make it seem...

Marvie_3

Banned
TheVisualizer said:

you guys make it seem like I'm a dictator that isn't ever happy with anyone's play. I seem to remember using a lot more positive reinforcement during games than this picking apart of your game's as you make it seem...
Maybe theyre confusing you and me.

Nozdeuce

TheVisualizer said:

Not an asshole, or a dictator <3

I mention on like every page how much you seem to like what I'd characterize as terrible passes that you just happen to put in the net. When I play with my mic on you're constantly throwing around positive statements. So much so I actually feel bad if someone else beats me to tossing out the next GOOD SHOT MAN. You're overwhelming in your praise, but you're also like the only one who actually makes any kind of criticisms. I really like it when you quarterback our offensive movement.

My comment about passes is because you wanted me to pass it sooner to you on the 2-1 we had. So since I tend to make a bunch of shitty passes I just extrapolated and generalized and assumed I frequently had you on suicide watch :p But everyone does something that ticks someone off. I have 0 problem with you and am always glad to play with you.

TheVisualizer said:

Huh? I didn't mean you to come across as negative at all... I just know I kept setting up Noz and didn't seem to be getting goals from them as much as I would like and you suggested to pass earlier and I just didn't remember why you said to. (I think you said so they have more room to move) And from the help my cross crease passes should be improving...

Nozdeuce said:
Not an asshole, or a dictator <3

I mention on like every page how much you seem to like what I'd characterize as terrible passes that you just happen to put in the net. When I play with my mic on you're constantly throwing around positive statements. So much so I actually feel bad if someone else beats me to tossing out the next GOOD SHOT MAN. You're overwhelming in your praise, but you're also like the only one who actually makes any kind of criticisms. I really like it when you quarterback our offensive movement.

My comment about passes is because you wanted me to pass it sooner to you on the 2-1 we had. So since I tend to make a bunch of shitty passes I just extrapolated and generalized and assumed I frequently had you on suicide watch :p But everyone does something that ticks someone off. I have 0 problem with you and am always glad to play with you.

Pretty much, he's like the cheerleader for the team. I can't see how anyone could be mad at him. I think people feel bad that they think they are disappointing you with not playing better after your play/trying to help people than think you're mean or anything. I think it's more after all your help that people just wish they could perform better to help you. It's a good thing not a bad thing.

after the past few days i've been the one letting people down with retarded decision making

-i cost me and swim a game by playing around behind the oppositions net on the PK
-i scored a own goal in a close game
-i cost noz and dok a game by playing around behind our net on the PK
-i cost us an OT a few days ago by trying to dangle thru traffic in our own zone as a dman
-i gave up 2 shorthanded goals by being too aggressive at dman playing with noz
-and the worst, i gave away a game in OT with manchot and noz by calling for the puck from the goalie while they had a guy camped right in front of the net

i've been pretty damn awful this past week with the exception of my OT heroics in 2 games

Marvie_3

Banned
TheVisualizer said:
after the past few days i've been the one letting people down with retarded decision making

-i cost me and swim a game by playing around behind the oppositions net on the PK
-i cost us an OT a few days ago by trying to dangle thru traffic in our own zone as a dman
-and the worst, i gave away a game in OT with manchot and noz by calling for the puck from the goalie while they had a guy camped right in front of the net

i've been pretty damn awful this past week with the exception of my OT heroics in 2 games
50rudx.jpg

Nozdeuce

OMW!

TheVisualizer said:

Dude, you're Viz. Chill yo. You're exceptional on both offense and defense. Always reliable on defense. The above are just flukes, but most importantly you care and you try. Did I fault you for calling for the pass from the goalie? Sure. Did I care? Not really. Shit happens, we lose plenty.

I like playing with you, you're easy to get along with. You put up with me doing retarded shit every game. The stuff you've listed above are the exceptions to the rule. The stuff I complain about me doing is horribly endemic, like through the first 2 periods of that first game tonight I must have turned it over half a dozen times within a second of crossing their blue line.

Also you're faceoff guide and tips have been amazing, now when we don't have you to play forward I can hop into center and fill a role that'd otherwise be sorely lacking.

zsswimmer

Ggs Vis, Marvie, House, Noz.

I played like shit tonight, everything was going against me. Especially that bullshit in the 3rd game where the puck floated right towards my stick but my goddamn player didn't pick it up, so it instead goes to the opposing forward where they score off a deflection from our own player :(

Fuck that was frustrating

Lol'd @ noz coming out of the box for a penalty/fight and the very first thing he does is trip someone LOL. Marvie award indeed :)

gg's tonight, lots of penalties for everyone, ref was calling everything

think I got my mojo back tonight and was doing some good things out there. Some of my deke moves actually worked tonight for a change, I was especially proud of the one where I windmilled around the guy along the boards who left his jock on the ice and finished by dishing it to House for the score

Nozdeuce

zsswimmer said:
Lol'd @ noz coming out of the box for a penalty/fight and the very first thing he does is trip someone LOL. Marvie award indeed :)
I'm glad you liked it. I wouldve rathered a charging or anything else not womanly/european/redundant

sorry Milly, I would get a few games in with you as I know you've been frothing at the mouth to play all week, but I'm absolutely exhausted from a hectic past 2 days and am about to head off to bed, hopefully you can find some dance partners tonight...

me and milly are getting ready to pwn some amateur n00bs and show off our l33t skillz, and we could use assistance from some of u other peons...

Top Bottom