• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 11 EASHL Team (360)

Marvie_3 said:
Maybe you shouldn't jerk off as much before you start playing NHL then.

He couldn't help it.

ClickHereToSeeMeNaked.jpg

Marvie_3 said:
Thanks for not coming back Viz. We had a good run going and you blew it for us. :(

my internet was real spotty all day, me and swim took a DNF loss earlier and i disc out of that glorious 5-0 game. I tried to get back on but it wasnt happening, i tried to msg u guys over Live but they wouldnt even go thru...

Marvie_3

Banned
TheVisualizer said:
my internet was real spotty all day, me and swim took a DNF loss earlier and i disc out of that glorious 5-0 game. I tried to get back on but it wasnt happening, i tried to msg u guys over Live but they wouldnt even go thru...
No worries. I wanted to watch the rest of the SJ/LA game anyway.

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
TheVisualizer said:
Tbzb0.jpg

Prolly would've gone downhill anyway

Nozdeuce

TheVisualizer said:
you really love tampons huh...
I feel I should get some points for going the extra ...second? to find/post SUPER ABSORBENT ones. Hurrah for Safe Search.

Anyway, those games went pretty well. I liked my forced attempts at passing to Swim those went well

Nozdeuce said:
I feel I should get some points for going the extra ...second? to find/post SUPER ABSORBENT ones. Hurrah for Safe Search.

Anyway, those games went pretty well. I liked my forced attempts at passing to Swim those went well

they are unscented too, that's HUGE in my book

Nozdeuce

TheVisualizer said:
they are unscented too, that's HUGE in my book
I tried thinking of a witty reply, but then I got to thinking, it really IS of value that they're unscented. I mean, if they're scented then they have a smell. Conceivably something could end up SMELLING LIKE TAMPONS

Nozdeuce

Milly79 said:
For all the early morning posting, you should be on the game... Assholes!
I think we're alone here. Plus I noticed you posting about cases in the OT, I know you wouldn't want to disrupt the scantity that is ipadding in bed

Nozdeuce

Milly79 said:
Those Portzeno cases or whatever are sick. I would get one, but I wanna show my skin off.
Those are pretty sweet, I just have a Sena leather thing for mine. I wanted something decent looking but nondescript (no giant apple logo), the Portenzo would've been perfect for me.

good games montresor & swim,

we took 3 out of 4 this afternoon, had my 2 knights back there defending the castle while I went out and slayed dragons with some majestic dangling. I think my deking has ascended to the next level as today for the first time I was able to diagnose almost every play and use the right dekes and got incredible results. I got one poor fellow with the kick deke and he left some of his equipment down on the ice while I lit the lamp.

swim had a good workman-like effort back there, got a few fights in for good measure and montresor was extra solid and netted a nice OT winner in our last game. Oh yeah, the new jerseys look extra fresh Marvie, all of my fans appreciate how classy I look in all the highlight packages now...

zsswimmer

TheVisualizer said:
good games montresor & swim,

we took 3 out of 4 this afternoon, had my 2 knights back there defending the castle while I went out and slayed dragons with some majestic dangling. I think my deking has ascended to the next level as today for the first time I was able to diagnose almost every play and use the right dekes and got incredible results. I got one poor fellow with the kick deke and he left some of his equipment down on the ice while I lit the lamp.

swim had a good workman-like effort back there, got a few fights in for good measure and montresor was extra solid and netted a nice OT winner in our last game. Oh yeah, the new jerseys look extra fresh Marvie, all of my fans appreciate how classy I look in all the highlight packages now...
Yeah good little crop of games there. I was about to lose it in that last one when I gave up the puck on the faceoff. Can't believe we only won that game 2-1, we had so many opportunities.

Solid wins though

Montresor

Just got my veteran card. What should I spend my points on? I have 400 experience points to spend for each of the three sections (offense, defense, athleticism). I only have six boost slots fyi. The following is a breakdown of my current stats.

Offense

Deking - 68
HandEye - 68
Off. Awareness - 64
Passing - 79
Puck Control - 77
Slap Shot Accurary - 78
Slap Shot Power - 76 + 3
Wrist Shot Accuracy - 75
Wrist Shot Power - 72

Defense

Aggressiveness - 57
Body Checking - 77
Def. Awareness - 74
Discipline - 75
Faceoffs - 50
Fighting Skill - 40
Shot Blocking - 85 + 3
Stick Checking - 80 + 9

Athleticism

Acceleration - 72
Agility - 74
Balance - 80
Durability - 66
Endurance - 76 + 5
Speed - 72
Strength - 78

Overall - 76

Marvie_3

Banned
Montresor said:
Just got my veteran card. What should I spend my points on? I have 400 experience points to spend for each of the three sections (offense, defense, athleticism). I only have six boost slots fyi. The following is a breakdown of my current stats.

Offense

Deking - 68
HandEye - 68
Off. Awareness - 64
Passing - 79
Puck Control - 77
Slap Shot Accurary - 78
Slap Shot Power - 76 + 3
Wrist Shot Accuracy - 75
Wrist Shot Power - 72

Defense

Aggressiveness - 57
Body Checking - 77
Def. Awareness - 74
Discipline - 75
Faceoffs - 50
Fighting Skill - 40
Shot Blocking - 85 + 3
Stick Checking - 80 + 9

Athleticism

Acceleration - 72

Agility - 74
Balance - 80
Durability - 66
Endurance - 76 + 5
Speed - 72
Strength - 78

Overall - 76
Take any points out of these if you can.

I'll be on after the Blackhawks game.

Montresor said:

Offense

Deking - 68
HandEye - 68
Off. Awareness - 64
Passing - 79
Puck Control - 77
Slap Shot Accurary - 78
Slap Shot Power - 76 + 3
Wrist Shot Accuracy - 75
Wrist Shot Power - 72

Defense

Aggressiveness - 57
Body Checking - 77
Def. Awareness - 74
Discipline - 75
Faceoffs - 50
Fighting Skill - 40
Shot Blocking - 85 + 3
Stick Checking - 80 + 9

Athleticism

Acceleration - 72
Agility - 74
Balance - 80
Durability - 66
Endurance - 76 + 5
Speed - 72
Strength - 78

Overall - 76

you play a lot like me so here's my recommendations on what the most important attributes are for a "tactical" defenseman

OFFENSE
1A) puck control
1B) passing
2) slap shot power
3) slap shot accuracy
notes: you don't need much of any points in deking or hand-eye as a defenseman, and I never put any points on wrist shot power and accuracy on my defenseman build, pick either slap or wrist shot whatever you seem to do more and load up rather than spread points between both.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DEFENSE
1) stick checking
2) defensive awareness
3) discipline
notes: unless you plan on adding hitting to your game (haven't seen you do much yet), don't waste a single point on anything other than those 3 attributes I listed. Aggression does you no good unless you hit people and shot blocking is worthless for a defenseman as it only controls how long it takes for you to get up, and you shouldn't be going down really at all.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ATHLETICISM
1)balance
2)strength
3A)agility
3B)acceleration
4)endurance
notes: I don't waste a single point in durability on any of my builds anymore. People have found that SPEED isn't a very important attribute despite what you may think, the difference between a 70 and 85 is almost non-existent, you need a 90 or above to see a real difference.

zsswimmer

My defensive build is probably different, but the main things I focus on are

Slap shot power/accuracy
Checking/Aggression
99 D. Awareness
No points in speed, lots in Endurance and Strength, like 5 points in acceleration

RS4-

Lol at comeback game we had. GGs tonight!

I don't even know what I have in mine, I think mines still a two way dman and still let's me get away with not changing anything when I play forward.

zsswimmer

GGs tonight, this was my face everytime they got a scoring chance after we got robbed like 15 times in that last one I played. Was just waiting for EA to fuck it up again, riDICKulous

rage_face.jpg

gg's to everyone I played with today, we put in some work. I only remember losing once or twice out of like 15 games, and thanks to everyone for helping out in that big comeback game, I needed that one to inflate my ego further...

Milly79

I fucking love playing with you guys. The chemistry (to me) seems off the charts. You guys are always in position for what I'm wanting to do, and for the most part, it results in a goal or sick play. I'm not sure how we didn't win by more in those 2 games I played, but we should've scored boat loads. I don't see how you guys think you're bad. I haven't played a single bad game with you, albeit I haven't played much. Should change soon since I asked for more time off.

Definitely down for some Saturday gaming. I'll be on around 10 cst (gotta go out with the gf since it's convenient timing tomorrow).

Marvie_3

Banned
TheVisualizer said:
gg's to everyone I played with today, we put in some work. I only remember losing once or twice out of like 15 games, and thanks to everyone for helping out in that big comeback game, I needed that one to inflate my ego further...
Great....that's just what we need. :lol

Milly79 said:
I fucking love playing with you guys. The chemistry (to me) seems off the charts. You guys are always in position for what I'm wanting to do, and for the most part, it results in a goal or sick play. I'm not sure how we didn't win by more in those 2 games I played, but we should've scored boat loads. I don't see how you guys think you're bad. I haven't played a single bad game with you, albeit I haven't played much. Should change soon since I asked for more time off.

Definitely down for some Saturday gaming. I'll be on around 10 cst (gotta go out with the gf since it's convenient timing tomorrow).
Sorry if I was getting in your way at all. I'm used to playing with Noz at RW and I'm used to jumping all over the ice to get where he isn't and it seemed like we got tangled up a few times.

Otherwise we all played awesome. We definitely should have dominated more on the scoreboard those last two games. We had a billion chances but we kept getting robbed.

Milly needs to play more because I actually get assists when he's out there. I hate that my goals/assists is so lopsided. I always seemed to get screwed out of them otherwise. :lol

Milly79

Marvie_3 said:
Great....that's just what we need. :lol

Sorry if I was getting in your way at all. I'm used to playing with Noz at RW and I'm used to jumping all over the ice to get where he isn't and it seemed like we got tangled up a few times.

Otherwise we all played awesome. We definitely should have dominated more on the scoreboard those last two games. We had a billion chances but we kept getting robbed.

Milly needs to play more because I actually get assists when he's out there. I hate that my goals/assists is so lopsided. I always seemed to get screwed out of them otherwise. :lol
'tis all good dude. I didn't notice that, but I can play anything but C.

Marvie_3

Banned
Milly79 said:
'tis all good dude. I didn't notice that, but I can play anything but C.
Alright cool. I always try to work around where everyone else is going and sometimes we get bunched up for whatever reason.

Milly79 said:

you're a damn beast out there, it's fun playing alongside you when you're not bending over and twitching :)

we aren't bad, we are just kind of extra critical of our own play most of the time, I don't know, we all have some sort of inferiority complex when it comes to this game. It's strange but it works as we kind of critique ourselves in the thread instead of "practicing" and it's prob had a little bit to do with all of us have improving our play since we 1st came aboard the club...

I'll more than likely be around tomorrow night at some point

Marvie_3

Banned
TheVisualizer said:
we aren't bad, we are just kind of extra critical of our own play most of the time, I don't know, we all have some sort of inferiority complex when it comes to this game. It's strange but it works as we kind of critique ourselves in the thread instead of "practicing" and it's prob had a little bit to do with all of us have improving our play since we 1st came aboard the club...

I'll more than likely be around tomorrow night at some point
I'm basically a battered wife when it comes to this game. It treats me like shit, beats me, and spits on me when I'm sleeping, yet I still love it and keep coming back to it.

I'll be on tomorrow night too.

Milly79

I Drank 3 beers really quick during that first game, so I was probably kinda out there. I was so pissed at that pass I didn't make and instead trying to shoot.

Marvie_3

Banned
Milly79 said:
I Drank 3 beers really quick during that first game, so I was probably kinda out there. I was so pissed at that pass I didn't make and instead trying to shoot.
And that is why you fit in with us so well.

Nozdeuce

This is what I've been trying to say since we played last. Milly is awesome

Oh and sorry for getting so quiet so fast, those goals were brutal. Ended up focusing on the bourbon.

I'm surprised both me and Viz made it out of all those games alive. Started off pretty smooth sailing, then a bit of a hiccup when we swapped some forwards and D. I liked how in the game where I set Viz up like a thousand times he only scored on all my worst/weirdest passes. That comeback game was pretty huge, but I felt really out of it at the time. I was kinda bummed after scoring so many random shots all night that on the rush in that final game I played my shot didn't do shit. I also got plowed on faceoffs the entire time I was C.

Annoyed I didn't score on my partial breakaway, and annoyed when I got hauled down it wasn't a penalty shot.

Nozdeuce said:
This is what I've been trying to say since we played last. Milly is awesome

Oh and sorry for getting so quiet so fast, those goals were brutal. Ended up focusing on the bourbon.

I'm surprised both me and Viz made it out of all those games alive. Started off pretty smooth sailing, then a bit of a hiccup when we swapped some forwards and D. I liked how in the game where I set Viz up like a thousand times he only scored on all my worst/weirdest passes. That comeback game was pretty huge, but I felt really out of it at the time. I was kinda bummed after scoring so many random shots all night that on the rush in that final game I played my shot didn't do shit. I also got plowed on faceoffs the entire time I was C.

Annoyed I didn't score on my partial breakaway, and annoyed when I got hauled down it wasn't a penalty shot.

sorry for ruining your night with my lack of finishing skills... :)

Montresor

Viz constantly talking throughout a match is awesome. There's lots of praise going around all game long (and not just for us guys - "nice clear CPU!" or "awesome job goalie, you just need to make that one save, you don't need to make no more"). ^_^ It's very encouraging.

Marvie_3

Banned
Milly79 said:
It's from Arrested Developement.
Never saw it.

TheVisualizer said:
sorry for ruining your night with my lack of finishing skills... :)
You've cost me about a hundred assists over the season. You owe me an apology too, sir!

Montresor said:
Viz constantly talking throughout a match is awesome. There's lots of praise going around all game long (and not just for us guys - "nice clear CPU!" or "awesome job goalie, you just need to make that one save, you don't need to make no more"). ^_^ It's very encouraging.
Viz just yells at me. :(

Marvie_3 said:
Never saw it.

You've cost me about a hundred assists over the season. You owe me an apology too, sir!

Viz just yells at me. :(

I have my apology written and ready to go, just waiting on your's for ragequitting out of 100 games and purposely designing crappy looking jerseys :)

oh yeah and I find that yelling at Marvie is usually the only way to get a response out of him, so I'm only doing it under the guise of improving team chemistry and communication. Otherwise Marvie will sit there in silence like he's playing the game in his college's library or something...

zsswimmer

Uh oh guys, just got the 3 red rings and when I booted it back up it gave me a ventilation warning. Sprayed the dust out of the 360, hope that helps. Its working now, but it could be a foreboding warning :(

zsswimmer said:
Uh oh guys, just got the 3 red rings and when I booted it back up it gave me a ventilation warning. Sprayed the dust out of the 360, hope that helps. Its working now, but it could be a foreboding warning :(

ventilate the shit outta that system son!

I don't know what your worried about swim, Microsoft consoles especially the Xbox 360® are well known for their world class reliability and durability.
I'm on my 4th one...

zsswimmer

TheVisualizer said:
ventilate the shit outta that system son!

I don't know what your worried about swim, Microsoft consoles especially the Xbox 360® are well known for their world class reliability and durability.
I'm on my 4th one...
Lol, this is my 2nd one so I haven't had it too bad. If this shit fails during the Gears of War 3 beta though I will go on a goddamn rampage though forreal. And I'm sure it will.

zsswimmer

It stopped again, but it looks like 2 red rings not 3. But looking info up on that brings back information on overheating, which I feel means my 360 is ready to die. Goddamnit, I went Friday and pre-ordered Gears 3 just so I COULD PLAY THE GODDAMN BETA FUCK

Top Bottom