• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 11 EASHL Team (360)

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
zsswimmer said:
It stopped again, but it looks like 2 red rings not 3. But looking info up on that brings back information on overheating, which I feel means my 360 is ready to die. Goddamnit, I went Friday and pre-ordered Gears 3 just so I COULD PLAY THE GODDAMN BETA FUCK

That sucks dude. Put your NHL save files on a USB and get a Slim arcade.

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
TheVisualizer said:
sorry for ruining your night with my lack of finishing skills... :)
WORST EVER!

I just liked how you ended up scoring the most amazing convoluted goals. The pass that went all the way through the crease and out the other side was great. I thought it was doa, then you just get it inside the post. Course I also like the free assists you give me, like when I passed it to you at center ice and then you deked through the whole team to score.

BE STRONG SWIM. My launch unit died the day mass effect 1 came out. It was the 2 rings too, the screen would go all graphical fuckup on me, layers upon layers of artifacts. It was the E74 error, toweling the fuck out of it would help/make it work for a little bit at a time. My elite actually died quicker.

zsswimmer

SCHUEY F1 said:
That sucks dude. Put your NHL save files on a USB and get a Slim arcade.
I won't lose my legend card if I do have to send it in right? I think if it shuts off one more time while I'm playing I'll send it in :( I never knew about putting your saves on a usb drive, thanks!

Nozdeuce said:
WORST EVER!

I just liked how you ended up scoring the most amazing convoluted goals. The pass that went all the way through the crease and out the other side was great. I thought it was doa, then you just get it inside the post. Course I also like the free assists you give me, like when I passed it to you at center ice and then you deked through the whole team to score.

BE STRONG SWIM. My launch unit died the day mass effect 1 came out. It was the 2 rings too, the screen would go all graphical fuckup on me, layers upon layers of artifacts. It was the E74 error, toweling the fuck out of it would help/make it work for a little bit at a time. My elite actually died quicker.
Dude, Gears 3 beta. GEARS 3 BETA

crying.gif

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
zsswimmer said:
I won't lose my legend card if I do have to send it in right? I think if it shuts off one more time while I'm playing I'll send it in :( I never knew about putting your saves on a usb drive, thanks!

Formatting a USB for the 360 is handy. I think you can use up to 16GB for USB.

I'll probably go pre-order Gears tomorrow or Monday. I'm a bigger fan of the single-player though. Out of all the shooters I play I'm the worst at Gears.

Nozdeuce

zsswimmer said:

Dude, Gears 3 beta. GEARS 3 BETA

crying.gif
Everything is saved to your hard drive so you'd be fine (you don't send that in), but you'd have the most flexibility by saving everything in the nhl file to a USB stick.

I'm in this coming week via Bulletstorm (preorder people are week after) but Im still in the middle of exams :(

I'm pretty bad at gears mp too, I just like shotgunning things.

zsswimmer

Its running right now, I dusted it out even more and now its laying horizontally (is that better vs vertical?). Anyways, curious to see if this was a legit problem or not, if it shuts off I will just put it down for good :-(

Thanks everyone :)

Marvie_3

Banned
zsswimmer said:
Its running right now, I dusted it out even more and now its laying horizontally (is that better vs vertical?). Anyways, curious to see if this was a legit problem or not, if it shuts off I will just put it down for good :-(

Thanks everyone :)
MUCH better. Make sure your system sits out in the open and isn't in an enclosed space too.

zsswimmer

Marvie_3 said:
MUCH better. Make sure your system sits out in the open and isn't in an enclosed space too.
Well I knew the last part lol but never knew vertical was much better. I put it on a hard surface too vs the floor so maybe it was a combination of position/dust or something.

Marvie_3

Banned
zsswimmer said:
Well I knew the last part lol but never knew vertical was much better. I put it on a hard surface too vs the floor so maybe it was a combination of position/dust or something.
You had it on the floor too? No wonder it overheated. You should never have a system on the floor.

zsswimmer

Marvie_3 said:
You had it on the floor too? No wonder it overheated. You should never have a system on the floor.
Its been there for like 2 years. I always figured vertically it wouldn't matter since most of it was off the ground. I guess I've had it pretty lucky then.

Nozdeuce

360 bad quality is just bad. My Elite actually died sooner than my launch unit. My launch Slim has been going strong for a whopping...9 months? All horizontal, all well ventilated.

Actually they all are. My PS3 stopped reading discs and my Wii went all artifacty

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I had 3 fat 360's. The first one would scratch disc's and on my Elite the video went (really strange). No red-rings though. Now I have two slims (one was free from my internet provider Telus).

Nozdeuce

SCHUEY F1 said:
I had 3 fat 360's. The first one would scratch disc's and on my Elite the video went (really strange). No red-rings though. Now I have two slims (one was free from my internet provider Telus).
I'm jealous of Telus

gg's everyone tonight, mostly awesome games with that one clunker in there, congrats Milly on the team record, that game was hilarious, wish we could have gotten Noz that hat-trick to go along with yours and Marvie's 4 goals.

Marvie_3

Banned
Milly79 said:
9 pts. Club record!!!
Tied with Noz there. ;)

Great way to end the night though. Fuckin dominated those wannabes.

Edit: Fucking finally the EA club page starts updating its records again.

Nozdeuce

TheVisualizer said:
gg's everyone tonight, mostly awesome games with that one clunker in there, congrats Milly on the team record, that game was hilarious, wish we could have gotten Noz that hat-trick to go along with yours and Marvie's 4 goals.
That would've been cool for the whole forward line thing but meh. First game I sat out I ended up switching up my build somewhat, seems like it works? Now I can actually lose the puck and still get it back instantly. And actually fucking steal it from people finally.

Milly79 said:
I had 3+6. I'd rather have the assists.

Tied, but it gave me the record. :)
Annyong!

Stupid Marcie still has more assists than me

Nozdeuce

Milly79 said:
What? On the team? We gel really well with the right lineup. The first few games I played were crap.
Just kidding, keep doing what you're doing. I'm just impressed

Nozdeuce

Marvie_3 said:
Noz has no idea how to pass, so even your simplest passes will blow his mind. :lol
Not inaccurate

What I lack in simple passing skills I make up for with scoring when passed to

Nozdeuce

Marvie_3 said:
Trying is the first step towards failure. :(
We did have that one goal where you passed it to me in the slot from the corner. More passes to me in the slot = more assists!

Marvie_3

Banned
Nozdeuce said:
We did have that one goal where you passed it to me in the slot from the corner. More passes to me in the slot = more assists!
That one goal out of the dozens of passes I sent your way.... :lol

Top Bottom