• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 11 EASHL Team (360)

gg's fellas, lots of fun tonight, i got my all-time +/- back in the positive after being as far down as -250 a couple months ago when we stunk and I played in a lot of bad OTP games. I am now +2 bitches

Marvie_3

Banned
Good games everybody. Dominating 8-0-1 run tonight including a 9-2 beatdown of that one team. Milly, Noz, and I had a sweet comeback OT win in the last game too.

Damn, I had 20 points (10G, 10A), shot 20%+, and was a +16 in 9 games.

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
Marvie_3 said:
Good games everybody. Dominating 8-0-1 run tonight including a 9-2 beatdown of that one team. Milly, Noz, and I had a sweet comeback OT win in the last game too.
And now I tangle with my greatest of foes, 2 sets of stairs.

Milly79

GGs, I guess. Felt we didn't play that well, myself especially. Wasn't making too many good plays, but scored a lot more goals than usual. 70 pts in 25 games, baby!

Nozdeuce

Milly79 said:
GGs, I guess. Felt we didn't play that well, myself especially. Wasn't making too many good plays, but scored a lot more goals than usual. 70 pts in 25 games, baby!
Positioning yo, you always have it. I like how we scored on the opening play/first shot of my first game tonight.

good games yall, some sloppy play but we got mostly W's

Milly, here's how to do those dekes we were talking about

BACKHAND DEKE:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGAU4_83xcw
1) hold the puck out to your BACKHAND with RS
2) at same time hold diagonally UP and towards your BACKHAND with the LS
3) Press LB
4) Flick the RS FOREHAND - BACKHAND - FOREHAND really quick

FOREHAND DEKE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9UHQw6JQOQ
1) hold the puck out to your FOREHAND or CURL YOUR FOREHAND with RS
2) at same time hold diagonally UP and towards your FOREHAND with the LS
3) Press LB
4) Flick the RS BACKHAND - FOREHAND - BACKHAND really quick

The key to both is holding diagonally up on the LS and flicking the RS quickly on step #4.

There are 2 different variations for the FOREHAND one, if you just hold it out to your forehand he wont put it behind his back, you need to curl your forehand like you are taking a strong wrist shot before you do the deke

Marvie_3

Banned
5kj0nn.jpg

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Marvie_3

Banned
Damn, my +/- with the club is up to +93. A few more solid games and I'll crack +100. My universal one is up to +171 now too. Much better than the -250 or so I was last year. :lol

Milly79

No one quits while I'm here. I've committed my future to this club. I'm not returning to my club next season, and that's saying a lot.

Montresor

Any tips on this achievement?

--- Win 75% or more of the faceoffs in a ranked versus match ---

I tried following the tips in Viz's old mega faceoff post but still the best I've done was won 20 and lost 8. Stats help a ton, correct? I usually pick the Blackhawks or Flyers because I believe they have the best centres through all four lines.

Marvie_3

Banned
Montresor said:

I tried following the tips in Viz's old mega faceoff post but still the best I've done was won 20 and lost 8. Stats help a ton, correct? I usually pick the Blackhawks or Flyers because I believe they have the best centres through all four lines.
Play someone who is shitty at faceoffs like me?

Congrats on the 2nd round, Milly

Montresor said:

you have the right idea, for your 3rd and 4th line centers use the stick lift faceoff. The one other thing i didnt mention much in the guide is that you need to find out the timing early in the game adjusted for slight lag and stick with it.

You might hear me muttering about early, mid and late timing when I play center in clubs, thats what I am trying to do. I mentioned the timings for each faceoff zone but they can be affected by lag. Once I get the right timing in clubs with my 99 faceoff rating im only beatable by tieups and sticklifts and then it becomes mind games and rock-scissors-paper. It never gets that far tho...

Nozdeuce

TheVisualizer said:
go where?

TheVisualizer said:
I'm down for some games whenever, I can't play too late tonight tho
Think that's what he was asking about, I'd play too. I need a break from Portal eventually before my brain melts. Turns out I wasn't anywhere near the end

Marvie_3

Banned
I think we've found our playoff roster. Milly, Noz, Viz, Dok, and I have been almost unstoppable as of late. In our last 20 games we've gone 17-2-1. Had 4 straight shutouts from last night to tonight where we outscored opponents 25-0. We've also hit the highest ranking we've ever had this late in a season. Great games all around.

Milly79

Glad I found a balance in scoring/making plays tonight. I still thought we played pretty sloppy. Noz/Marv kept trying to go through everyone with the RS and Dokk pinched a lot. Nothing terrible though, I just don't want that happening in the POs. I wanna win for once.

Nozdeuce

I liked everything, but I really liked Dok's pass to me in that last game. Me and Milly connected on some pretty sweet goals, and everyone got in on the cross creases. Goooood times.

Milly79 said:
Noz/Marv kept trying to go through everyone with the RS
Noz does a lot of things, unfortunately.

RS4-

Lol outscoring 24-1 or something in 4 games tonight. Ggs tonight everyone! Sorry about some lapses in that last game.

Milly79

It's nothing really bad, honestly. I know I have issues with my game, too. The one thing I like is the team game we have going. We use the points, etc. I also like the dumps when there's no other choice. That's more so what I'm getting at you two should do more. We are winning, so I guess it's doesn't matter. Hope this doesn't get taken to heart.

Top Bottom