• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 11 EASHL Team (360)

Marvie_3

Banned
Milly79 said:
Glad I found a balance in scoring/making plays tonight. I still thought we played pretty sloppy. Noz/Marv kept trying to go through everyone with the RS and Dokk pinched a lot. Nothing terrible though, I just don't want that happening in the POs. I wanna win for once.
Yeah, I tried to make some moves I shouldn't have. My guy was losing the puck like nobody's business though. Was getting frustrating. I had some turnovers too because I couldn't get a pass through a hole in time. I need to work on my passing over the next few days.

Nozdeuce said:
Noz does a lot of things, unfortunately.
:lol

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
We have a long storied history of neglecting our defense. We celebrate July in their honor when there's no hockey being played, and in return, we never pass to them. The pinching was just them being bored. I know Viz went pointless in our 8-0 win. Can only imagine the frustration.

I did do a lot of dekeing I'm not at all capable of. I was really out of it during that last game. My terrible dekes was just me finding a more creative way of turning it over. I do like how I actually grab loose pucks now though, so often enough when I do lose it I grab it right back.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I will hopefully be on this week. I have been at my brothers for easter and he sold his copy of NHL 11 months ago.

I know I have gone some of the big scoring games without points, but it doesn't bother me too much as long as we win and boost my plus/mnus.

RS4-

We dump the puck when there's some pressure or have no where else to go, tonight just happened to be one of those times where neither happened all that much.

Marvie_3 said:
I think we've found our playoff roster. Milly, Noz, Viz, Dok, and I have been almost unstoppable as of late. In our last 20 games we've gone 17-2-1. Had 4 straight shutouts from last night to tonight where we outscored opponents 25-0. We've also hit the highest ranking we've ever had this late in a season. Great games all around.

NEWSFLASH: I ain't playing in the playoffs anymore, like I said last month, sorry I am a regular season player only. If you don't understand ask Dok, I'm like the Toronto Maple Leafs...

Nozdeuce said:
We have a long storied history of neglecting our defense. We celebrate July in their honor when there's no hockey being played, and in return, we never pass to them. The pinching was just them being bored. I know Viz went pointless in our 8-0 win. Can only imagine the frustration.

nah I was never frustrated last night, team and wins comes before my points total. I saw the puck plenty in those games, I was just disappointed that I didn't pick up a secondary assist or two in that game. I know I made plays that lead to goals, was prob just the 3rd pass away instead of the 2nd or 1st to get the glory.

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
TheVisualizer said:
NEWSFLASH: I ain't playing in the playoffs anymore, like I said last month, sorry I am a regular season player only. If you don't understand ask Dok, I'm like the Toronto Maple Leafs...

nah I was never frustrated last night, team and wins comes before my points total. I saw the puck plenty in those games, I was just disappointed that I didn't pick up a secondary assist or two in that game. I know I made plays that lead to goals, was prob just the 3rd pass away instead of the 2nd or 1st to get the glory.
Well I need a drink.

Good to hear you were pleased.

Marvie_3

Banned
Playoff roster for this month:

C - Noz
LW - Marvie
RW - Milly
LD - Dok
RD - VIZ

What night works for everyone? I'm free any night after tonight.

Milly79

Yeah. :(

I can Thursday night for sure, if we're knocking them all out. Off all day that day. Friday I can after 11pm cst, not sure when I'd be home, though.

Marvie_3

Banned
Milly79 said:
Yeah. :(

I can Thursday night for sure, if we're knocking them all out. Off all day that day. Friday I can after 11pm cst, not sure when I'd be home, though.
Thursday would probably work the best for me.

Marvie_3 said:
So....why you being such a pussy about the playoffs?

To be quite honest with you, I've never liked how you go about choosing the playoff teams so take it as an official boycott for the rest of the NHL 11 EASHL year. My stance as it has been since October is that I'd like others to get an opportunity to play in the playoffs if they are eager to play, so I'll leave my "spot" for someone else...

Besides I could care less about our record or winning a banner, so that alone should be reason enough to not include me, and I've proven to be a shitty player in the playoffs as even your sorry-ass outplays me every month. I just enjoy playing the game and clowning around with you guys, that's all.

Milly79

TheVisualizer said:
To be quite honest with you, I've never liked how you go about choosing the playoff teams so take it as an official boycott for the rest of the NHL 11 EASHL year. My stance as it has been since October is that I'd like others to get an opportunity to play in the playoffs if they are eager to play, so I'll leave my "spot" for someone else...

Besides I could care less about our record or winning a banner, so that alone should be reason enough to not include me, and I've proven to be a shitty player in the playoffs as even your sorry-ass outplays me every month. I just enjoy playing the game and clowning around with you guys, that's all.

That makes me super sad in the pants. I understand your position on "choosing" the team, however.

Milly79 said:
That makes me super sad in the pants. I understand your position on "choosing" the team, however.

it shouldn't

we have good depth at defensemen on the team nowadays, anyone can take my spot and you guys won't miss a beat

zsswimmer

Marvie, just saw the highlights for the Nucks/Hawks game, and Campoli turn over right in front of Crawford... wow. I feel bad for Crawford because he played outstanding. But hey, who am I? Just a Thrashers fan talking about the playoffs ;_;

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I wouldn't mind getting the oppurtunity to play in at least one playoff's. I know I haven't played much of late, but I'm still pretty solid on D. What day to the playoff's start?

Marvie_3

Banned
zsswimmer said:
Marvie, just saw the highlights for the Nucks/Hawks game, and Campoli turn over right in front of Crawford... wow. I feel bad for Crawford because he played outstanding. But hey, who am I? Just a Nordiques fan talking about the playoffs ;_;
Fixed for future accuracy.

Sorry. :(

SCHUEY F1 said:
I wouldn't mind getting the oppurtunity to play in at least one playoff's. I know I haven't played much of late, but I'm still pretty solid on D. What day to the playoff's start?
You or Lord are in for Viz then. However you guys wanna do it.

Sounds like we're playing Thursday night.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Marvie_3 said:
You or Lord are in for Viz then. However you guys wanna do it.

Sounds like we're playing Thursday night.

Sounds good. I think I have nothing going on tomorrow and the wife is out of town.

Montresor

If Schuey or zswimmer get kidnapped, keep me in mind. :lol Really though, I know I'm still a big newbie, and I'm okay with being far down on the depth chart. If things don't work out with the other defensemen I'd love to try a playoff game too.

edit: Well I misread Marvie's post badly. It's me or Schuey, not zswimmer or Schuey. Either way, put Schuey ahead of me if he's never played a playoff game before (and since he is better too).

zsswimmer

Marvie_3 said:
Fixed for future accuracy.

Sorry. :(

rage_face.jpg

zsswimmer

Marvie_3 said:
Sorry. That's what you get for taking Ladd and Sopel from me. :(

Is your xbox fixed? I saw you playing Gears 3 pretty much all day monday.
Hey Sopel is with the Canadiens now, and who knows if Ladd will resign with ATL (Hopeful but doubtful). Xbox is running fine now. I guess a good dust up and moving it horizontally did the trick. Yeah Gears 3 is awesome, can't see myself playing much NHL 11 til May 15th :D

Marvie_3

Banned
zsswimmer said:
Hey Sopel is with the Canadiens now, and who knows if Ladd will resign with ATL (Hopeful but doubtful). Xbox is running fine now. I guess a good dust up and moving it horizontally did the trick. Yeah Gears 3 is awesome, can't see myself playing much NHL 11 til May 15th :D
ATL still took him first. >:|

I want Ladd back though. Really could have used him in the VAN series.

I played about 20 mins of the Gears beta, hated it like the MP in the first 2, and deleted it off my HDD.

zsswimmer

Marvie_3 said:
ATL still took him first. >:|

I want Ladd back though. Really could have used him in the VAN series.

I played about 20 mins of the Gears beta, hated it like the MP in the first 2, and deleted it off my HDD.
Well goddamn. But I suppose if you never liked the MP in the first place you probably wouldn't like Gears. I played Gears 1 like nobodies business. Got the Seriously..(10,000 kills) achievement, played it all day every day like a bauce.

Marvie_3

Banned
zsswimmer said:
Well goddamn. But I suppose if you never liked the MP in the first place you probably wouldn't like Gears. I played Gears 1 like nobodies business. Got the Seriously..(10,000 kills) achievement, played it all day every day like a bauce.
And I thought I needed to get a life. :lol

I like playing Gears coop, but the MP has always been a shitty mess to me.

Milly79

Any chance this can happen during the day? I really doubt it, but I figured I'd ask. With the Preds game and what-not, I now may not be able to make it. :(

Marvie_3

Banned
Milly79 said:
Any chance this can happen during the day? I really doubt it, but I figured I'd ask. With the Preds game and what-not, I now may not be able to make it. :(
Doubtful. Night seems to work better for most people. We could play after?

Milly79

I made plans with one of my friends I haven't seen in a while. It may fall through, but otherwise I won't be able to. His internet is probably too laggy since he lives at a university apartment. I'll ask him and see what he says.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Just played the Gears beta for the first time and I didn't have much fun, which mostly has to do with me sucking at Gears multi. In COD and Halo I can hold my own and generally be in the positive KD, but in Gears I'm completely useless.

Marvie_3

Banned
SCHUEY F1 said:
Just played the Gears beta for the first time and I didn't have much fun, which mostly has to do with me sucking at Gears multi. In COD and Halo I can hold my own and generally be in the positive KD, but in Gears I'm completely useless.
You should play more Battlefield. :D

Marvie_3

Banned
SCHUEY F1 said:
I don't have it anymore :( . I used to enjoy it quite a bit. If the console version of 3 is good I will probably get it.
Battlefield is the one console shooter that I can even tolerate MP on. Except for those damn camping snipers......

TheVisualizer said:
wouldn't matter in Bad Company 2 anyway since the voice chat system is so ass backwards

Dunno, I've only played on PC and with Pheenix and this guy was screaming at him constantly to stop camping and he was ruining the game. I've never seen a teammate scream at someone for sniper camping before. :lol

RS4-

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Dunno, I've only played on PC and with Pheenix and this guy was screaming at him constantly to stop camping and he was ruining the game. I've never seen a teammate scream at someone for sniper camping before. :lol

I think we should play on PC! I forgot what my name is on that. It's either "YellowS4" or "Pinbacker" lol

Top Bottom