• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 11 EASHL Team (360)

zsswimmer

Nozdeuce said:
GGs. I couldn't get anything going this afternoon.

Welcome aboard Bard, that was some fantastic defense you played.
Thought you played fine, that 1st game was fluke-shit goal. Lol'd at you scoring when the opposing goalie 'passed' it to you. Bard, nice d work, especially since we have never played together before.

Marvie_3 said:
Which team doesn't have a woman for a captain?

Philly wins.

Says the guy who's team also had a first round exit?

Nozdeuce said:
GGs. I couldn't get anything going this afternoon.

Welcome aboard Bard, that was some fantastic defense you played.

I thought you played well. I couldn't get my passes off and shots kept hitting the damn post. That last game was all bullshit goals and dumbass CPU. Fucking delay of game.

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
HEY VIS HOW ABOUT THAT BETTER PA TEAM?

blah blah blah... we kicked the Penguin's asses this year and are still standing. I was fortunate that I didn't get to watch the game today anyway.

If you guys are up for some games later let me know, I'll prob be online playing OF: Red River after I get some food.

bardia

GGs to everyone, first game went really well, but that 2nd game was BS. Made some terrible passes there :( I just feel like the game speed is way too slow and NHL 10 was too fast. I hope they find a medium between the two games for NHL 12.

Marvie_3

Banned
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Yeah, you got nothin.

bardia said:
GGs to everyone, first game went really well, but that 2nd game was BS. Made some terrible passes there :( I just feel like the game speed is way too slow and NHL 10 was too fast. I hope they find a medium between the two games for NHL 12.
They need to fix the skating physics first.

zsswimmer

Marvie_3 said:
Yeah, you got nothin.

They need to fix the skating physics first.
And OTP lobbies, stick physics, puck physics, goalie physics, hitting, presentation, fighting, cheese goals, quitters. ;)

TheVisualizer said:
blah blah blah... we kicked the Penguin's asses this year and are still standing. I was fortunate that I didn't get to watch the game today anyway.

If you guys are up for some games later let me know, I'll prob be online playing OF: Red River after I get some food.

Ya, you were playing that garbage game all morning when you "couldn't play". :mad:

Marvie_3

Banned
zsswimmer said:
And OTP lobbies, stick physics, puck physics, goalie physics, hitting, presentation, fighting, cheese goals, quitters. ;)
Don't blame the game that you're not as good of a fighter as you thought you were. :p

All that stuff too though.

If you guys start playing can one of you post that you are on gaf? I have my laptop hooked up to my tv for the canucks game for now but I'll just switch displays if you guys are gonna play some nhl.

Milly79

Fucking terrible night. Nothing work. D was pinching too much and getting passes off way too late. Not to say I was a saint tonight, but fucking shit.

Manchot, seriously. You gotta step your game up.

Milly79 said:
Fucking terrible night. Nothing work. D was pinching too much and getting passes off way too late. Not to say I was a saint tonight, but fucking shit.

Manchot, seriously. You gotta step your game up.

New D wasn't helping me, he was all over the place. Everyone played like crap.

bardia

Had terrible games last night, couldn't focus at all. Marvies drunk ranting was makin me laugh and the thought of nashville was making me fall asleep during the games.

Marvie_3

Banned
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
New D wasn't helping me, he was all over the place. Everyone played like crap.
It was also Bardia's first day with the club. You seemed to have some of that terrible "lag" you always complain about.

Marvie_3 said:
It was also Bardia's first day with the club. You seemed to have some of that terrible "lag" you always complain about.

And? I haven't complained about lag in ages. And I was responding to Milly implying I was the reason we lost all those games.

Milly79 said:
:lol well, on second thought.

If you were so sound defensively why did you guys give up 3 goals after I left?

bardia

So who's up for some games tonight....? <3

I'd be up to do some practice as well just get the gaf system down and learn how you guys play. The way each team plays is so different, and this way I can get the hang of things and so I know when to pinch for certain and know when my backs going to be covered etc.

Marvie_3

Banned
bardia said:

I'd be up to do some practice as well just get the gaf system down and learn how you guys play. The way each team plays is so different, and this way I can get the hang of things and so I know when to pinch for certain and know when my backs going to be covered etc.
I'll be on pretty much all day if anyone wants to get some games in.

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
bardia said:

Loved how you played yesterday afternoon with Swim and I. Last night for the most part you seemed fine. It seemed like as I started to completely lose my mind and degrade from bad to retarded everyone got a bit more loose and all over the place.

I was impressed how I managed to go from bad in the afternoon to worse at night. Also had no timing on faceoffs, that shit was brutal

I'd be up for games whenever

Milly79

bardia said:

I always fall back if I see a pinch. Well, most of the time. It would be good if you also said something beforehand just in case.

@Manchot, nevermind. Not saying you were the reason we lost, but the D was pretty horrendous. Also not counting out that we didn't cover as well, either. Everything just felt sluggish yesterday.

zsswimmer

That last game I played was fucking ridiculous and goes to show how goddamn stupid the EA momentum shit engine is. Go up 1 goal, fine. Get scored on off our own team-mate OF FUCKING COURSE. Then all hell breaks loose as the engine gives them about 44,000 power plays in a row, and 2 goals. Also note how the game forces noz to hit the post on a wide open net and there are several more post shots at the end, and I get robbed glove side.

Typical EA bullshit

Milly no need for the fingerpointing brother man. I appreciate the honesty and all but you being a new guy calling out established players is a no go. I've enjoyed playing alongside you so far and you have seemed to fit in well but lets slow down with handing out blame. Everyone that's been here for awhile has been man enough to admit when they fuck up so accountibility has never been a problem. Regardless of your skill level compared to others its disrespectful.

All is forgiven tho since its your 1st time, lets keep it moving.

RS4-

Fuck that last game, all the bounces and goals off impossible angles. Anyway, my fault on a few of those.

At least we went 3-1 and could have easily been 4-0 if it wasn't for that last one.

Nozdeuce

zsswimmer said:
That last game I played was fucking ridiculous and goes to show how goddamn stupid the EA momentum shit engine is. Go up 1 goal, fine. Get scored on off our own team-mate OF FUCKING COURSE. Then all hell breaks loose as the engine gives them about 44,000 power plays in a row, and 2 goals. Also note how the game forces noz to hit the post on a wide open net and there are several more post shots at the end, and I get robbed glove side.

Typical EA bullshit
To be fair yesterday? I managed to completely deke the goalie and then forehand it completely wide of the net. I shoot more on faith than accuracy. That said, you of course are right, so lame. Especially since they weren't that good. I was beating them on faceoffs and we got some decent plays going.

Then again all of NHL is random, I was shitty yesterday, last night and to begin with this afternoon. Then my dude randomly feels less floaty and I got a goal (or more) in every game onward.

zsswimmer

Nozdeuce said:
To be fair yesterday? I managed to completely deke the goalie and then forehand it completely wide of the net. I shoot more on faith than accuracy. That said, you of course are right, so lame. Especially since they weren't that good. I was beating them on faceoffs and we got some decent plays going.

Then again all of NHL is random, I was shitty yesterday, last night and to begin with this afternoon. Then my dude randomly feels less floaty and I got a goal (or more) in every game onward.
Well it was nothing with you being shitty because you scored both goals in that game, the only games, and were robbed from that fucking post. Knew that shit was gonna happen. Its that momentum engine.

Marvie_3

Banned
zsswimmer said:

Typical EA bullshit
Yeah we got fucked in that last game. The worst goal was that slap shot one timer that guy scored out by the boards while he was on the goal line. No way that puck should have gotten in.

I tweaked my guy a bit and bumped up my passing. I've been fucking horrible lately. I keep missing easy passes. Tried to get it to swim twice in one of the early games and ended up turning it over on both.

Dmen need to be more careful about jumping up when going for hits. The other dman was getting left out to dry a bit too much today.

zsswimmer

Marvie_3 said:
Yeah we got fucked in that last game. The worst goal was that slap shot one timer that guy scored out by the boards while he was on the goal line. No way that puck should have gotten in.

I tweaked my guy a bit and bumped up my passing. I've been fucking horrible lately. I keep missing easy passes. Tried to get it to swim twice in one of the early games and ended up turning it over on both.

Dmen need to be more careful about jumping up when going for hits. The other dman was getting left out to dry a bit too much today.
House and I like to bruise bodies :D

Milly79

Yeah, I apologize for snapping. I don't usually go call people out, but it was frustrating to last night (although that's no excuse to call someone out).

zsswimmer

Marvie_3 said:
So do I but it gets us bruised on the scoreboard sometimes. :(
Hey we only lost that last game, and some bad bounces. Yeah I could turn the hits down. OR IS THIS SOME KIND OF PLOT TO STEAL MY HITS RECORD. I SEE RIGHT THROUGH YOU MARVIE.

Nozdeuce said:
I LIKE TO BANG BODIES, THE REST OF YOU ARE WEIRD
YOU WANT MY HITS RECORD TOO? WELL COME AND GET IT

Marvie_3

Banned
zsswimmer said:
Hey we only lost that last game, and some bad bounces. Yeah I could turn the hits down. OR IS THIS SOME KIND OF PLOT TO STEAL MY HITS RECORD. I SEE RIGHT THROUGH YOU MARVIE.

I tried. I was only 10 behind you this morning. Now you're way ahead again. :lol

Nozdeuce

zsswimmer said:
WE'VE BEEN OVER THIS, STATISTICALLY I'M ALREADY THE HITS CHAMPION. YOU'RE STILL COOL THOUGH

Top Bottom