• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 11 EASHL Team (360)

anybody playing tonight? I missed out on the games earlier today. I'll be online in NHL just msg me. House is on right now but I dont know if he wants to play yet...

TheVisualizer said:
anybody playing tonight? I missed out on the games earlier today. I'll be online in NHL just msg me. House is on right now but I dont know if he wants to play yet...

I can play a little bit, I should be studying for finals though. :(

RS4-

I'll be waiting in the room.

GGs earlier in Gears Swim. I decided to scrub it out and use the gnasher and join the other SOS and gnasher bitches.

zsswimmer

RS4- said:
I'll be waiting in the room.

GGs earlier in Gears Swim. I decided to scrub it out and use the gnasher and join the other SOS and gnasher bitches.
Yeah the SOS is so fucking cheap. Its funny because I ran out Gnasher ammo one time and picked up a SOS and killed like 3 people in a row because it fires out so wide. Its not even competitive, at least Gnasher battles are usually exciting. Hopefully they realize how overpowered it is and decide to make it a pick-up item, that I would be perfectly fine with.

Its funny because I'll go and do terrible in one game and go on a rampage in the next. Most of the time it has to do with how many people are using the SOS :/

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
zsswimmer said:
Yeah the SOS is so fucking cheap. Its funny because I ran out Gnasher ammo one time and picked up a SOS and killed like 3 people in a row because it fires out so wide. Its not even competitive, at least Gnasher battles are usually exciting. Hopefully they realize how overpowered it is and decide to make it a pick-up item, that I would be perfectly fine with.

Its funny because I'll go and do terrible in one game and go on a rampage in the next. Most of the time it has to do with how many people are using the SOS :/
It's so painful OH GOOD CLOSE RANGE COVER STALEMATE, TIME TO WHIP OUT GNASHER AND GET THIS PRICK aaaand sos'd fuck me

gg's tonight guys

I thought we only really put 2 good games together, the one where we came out and took no prisoners and forced them into quitting after 3 quick goals in the 1st and the other game where we outshot them by like 30 and lost 2-0. I just wasn't clicking with Noz on offense for most of the night and we had some bad breakdowns on defense. Shit happens, guess it just wasn't our day as I recall posts from people frustrated after the afternoon sessions too...

TheVisualizer said:
gg's tonight guys

I thought we only really put 2 good games together, the one where we came out and took no prisoners and forced them into quitting after 3 quick goals in the 1st and the other game where we outshot them by like 30 and lost 2-0. I just wasn't clicking with Noz on offense for most of the night and we had some bad breakdowns on defense. Shit happens, guess it just wasn't our day as I recall posts from people frustrated after the afternoon sessions too...

If you can I want to do a practice with you with doing cross crease because I didn't think I was doing too bad and then I tried changing since you thought my positioning was off and I did a lot worse. Do you just stand in front of the guy who is going to receive the pass or do you stay by the post closest to the person passing across the crease? I can try to start doing stickchecking more on the pass but it's gonna take some time since I've never done that before.

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
If you can I want to do a practice with you with doing cross crease because I didn't think I was doing too bad and then I tried changing since you thought my positioning was off and I did a lot worse. Do you just stand in front of the guy who is going to receive the pass or do you stay by the post closest to the person passing across the crease? I can try to start doing stickchecking more on the pass but it's gonna take some time since I've never done that before.

i don't care what method you use as long as it works. Last night they were just whipping passes back and forth thru the crease during the last 2 games at will and no one besides me on a few occasions helping out was stopping the passes from getting thru. They just blew most of their chances.

I'll whip up a diagram later when I get home from work to show you exactly how I like to position myself to stop those. Practice shouldn't be necessary.

TheVisualizer said:
i don't care what method you use as long as it works. Last night they were just whipping passes back and forth thru the crease during the last 2 games at will and no one besides me on a few occasions helping out was stopping the passes from getting thru. They just blew most of their chances.

I'll whip up a diagram later when I get home from work to show you exactly how I like to position myself to stop those. Practice shouldn't be necessary.

Alright cool. Practices wouldn't hurt for trying to get the poke check timing but it's not a big deal.

zsswimmer

Cross creases seem to be hit or miss for me. With 99 def. awareness I've had pucks literally bounce off my stick and into the other players stick for an easy goal in a 2 on 1 situation. And stick lifts are hard to time since they don't disrupt the players ability to receive a puck, and theres no effective way to tie up the stick.

I've lost count of how many times I've stick lifted like .005 seconds too soon and as soon as the animation is over they get the puck and net it. PLEASE PLEASE HAVE A STICK TIE UP FEATURE EA FOR NHL 2015

Nozdeuce

TheVisualizer said:
gg's tonight guys

FRUSTRATED POSTS INDEED. Seriously, I thought my hitting the post after a sweet deke was bad, but nailing the post on a perfect 2-0 cross crease setup?

I just really sucked last night, next time shitloads of drinking.

zsswimmer said:
Cross creases seem to be hit or miss for me. With 99 def. awareness I've had pucks literally bounce off my stick and into the other players stick for an easy goal in a 2 on 1 situation. And stick lifts are hard to time since they don't disrupt the players ability to receive a puck, and theres no effective way to tie up the stick.

I've lost count of how many times I've stick lifted like .005 seconds too soon and as soon as the animation is over they get the puck and net it. PLEASE PLEASE HAVE A STICK TIE UP FEATURE EA FOR NHL 2015

So how do you usually position yourself for the cross crease passes?

RS4-

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
So how do you usually position yourself for the cross crease passes?

between the passer and the receiver and hope for the best.

I need to start on one timers.

Nozdeuce

zsswimmer said:

I really hate when that happens, and it's always so inconsistent it completely fucks me over. If I react as if I've actually stopped the puck and have it I go zooming off without it, and then if I don't do shit I just stand there while someone strips it from me. Fucking game.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Another thing to help prevent the cross-crease pass situations is for the forwards not to get hammered about the their blue line turning it over.

zsswimmer

Nozdeuce said:
I really hate when that happens, and it's always so inconsistent it completely fucks me over. If I react as if I've actually stopped the puck and have it I go zooming off without it, and then if I don't do shit I just stand there while someone strips it from me. Fucking game.
fucking-thing-sucks.gif

Nozdeuce

And whats the deal with poke checking, I poke check people all the fucking time but never actually manage to free the puck from their magnetic grasp. It just fucking yo-yos back to them. Does anyone know if higher poke checking would actually break the seal so someone else could actually grab the puck?

zsswimmer

Nozdeuce said:
And whats the deal with poke checking, I poke check people all the fucking time but never actually manage to free the puck from their magnetic grasp. It just fucking yo-yos back to them. Does anyone know if higher poke checking would actually break the seal so someone else could actually grab the puck?
It probably would help a little. In reality, however, there need to be puck/stick physics. I hate pokechecking the puck off someone's stick only for them to instantly regain it and have it in the perfect position. Same for stick checking.

RS4-

Things to do in 12
- get rid of magnet puck and yoyo deking
- pinball checking/hits
- animations that make you invul. to checks
- that stupid push the right stick in check
- a better fighting system
- autosave not rewarding lazy goalies
- shot power vs accuracy; the higher one goes, the more penalized the other
- weight and height should affect your reach, speed, agility, hitting power, etc
(5'10 guy speed upgrades are slightly cheaper compared to a 6'6 guy etc)
- puck and stick physics

- stamina/energy in EASHL.
- icing the puck subtracts from above; injuries and big hits too.
- money/glitch goals removed.

But lol, this is an EA game

Marvie_3

Banned
RS4- said:
Things to do in 12
- get rid of magnet puck and yoyo deking
- pinball checking/hits
- animations that make you invul. to checks
- that stupid push the right stick in check
- a better fighting system
- autosave not rewarding lazy goalies
- shot power vs accuracy; the higher one goes, the more penalized the other
- weight and height should affect your reach, speed, agility, hitting power, etc
(5'10 guy speed upgrades are slightly cheaper compared to a 6'6 guy etc)
- puck and stick physics

- stamina/energy in EASHL.
- icing the puck subtracts from above; injuries and big hits too.
- money/glitch goals removed.

But lol, this is an EA game
Dok, you so crazy

Nozdeuce

That fucking sucked. So many stupid goals, penalties and me getting another fucking post. We've been getting raped by Momentum. I've never hit so many fucking posts in a 24 hour period ever. Maybe like one tragic one in a night. But fucking 3 since yesterday afternoon? And all sure goals? Fuck

zsswimmer

Nozdeuce said:
That fucking sucked. So many stupid goals, penalties and me getting another fucking post. We've been getting raped by Momentum. I've never hit so many fucking posts in a 24 hour period ever. Maybe like one tragic one in a night. But fucking 3 since yesterday afternoon? And all sure goals? Fuck
Yeah that game was bullshit, especially since the one strategy was just to fire a slapshot, and the guy hit the post or scored everytime it seemed. Of course you would hit the post. This game really pisses me off

Milly79

Just think of all the fun times we've had and the satisfying wins. :D

Oh and btw, my new GT is: M1chael 5carn. Just wanted to let you guys know so you don't freak out.

as promised here is part 3 of my training series:

HOW TO DEFEND THE CROSS-CREASE LIKE THE VISUALIZER

Rule #1 - Make sure you are holding LT to face-up. Note the direction of the black stick in diagram #1 of the defender (D). This is important so you don't become the MVP of the other team by poking/deflecting/blocking shots into your own net as seen in diagram #2.

DIAGRAM #1 (GOOD POSITIONING - FACING UP)
nhlcrosscrease1.jpg

DIAGRAM #2 (FACING THE WRONG WAY - PUCK BOUNCES TOWARDS GOAL EVEN THOUGH YOU BLOCKED IT)
nhlowngoal.jpg

Rule #2 - Always position yourself "lower" than the open guy across the crease. This will ensure a pass doesn't get in behind you. Even if you seem to be lined up perfectly in line with the passing lane the receiver cross-crease can still dive to the net as shown in diagram #4 and you will be fucked.

This is how we give up 90% of our cross-crease goals right now. Facing up with the LT and positioning yourself lower than the receiver then poke checking (best method) or using the the kneeling block shot (LB, kind of sketchy) will prevent 99% of these passes from getting thru. If you happen to miss the poke check you can mash stick lift and get away with it a lot in front of the net, they don't call many penalties, and sometimes a slash or high-stick is better than giving up an easy goal (don't tell Marvie this though...)

DIAGRAM #3 (GOOD POSITIONING - FACING UP AND LOWER THAN PASS RECEIVER)
nhlcrosscrease1.jpg

DIAGRAM #4 (BAD POSITIONING - EVEN WITH PASS RECEIVER, GIVES HIM ROOM TO SLIDE BEHIND YOU)
nhltoohigh.jpg

Rule #3 - Work Together with your other human players. This is especially important when we have 2 human defenseman. If we keep the play to the outside the puck moves down along the wall 1 human defenseman should always park on the strongside corner of the net. This will allow you to cut off most cross-crease passes as well as defend the puck carrier if he walks in on the side of the net.

The other human defenseman should be using my principles to defend any other cross crease threats, most likely which are a little higher up in the slot. Take away the next closest threat. If we only have 1 human defensEmen, the center or one of the wingers should be taking this other cross-crease threat away. See diagram #5 below.

DIAGRAM #5 (GOOD POSITIONING, DMAN #1 COVERS THE CORNER OF THE NET MAKING CROSS CREASE PASS DIFFICULT EVEN FOR HIGH SLOT WHILE PROTECTING AGAINST THE WALK-IN. D-MAN #2 IS WATCHING THE HIGH SLOT CROSS-CREASE THREAT USING MY PRINCIPLES, FACING-UP & LOWER THAN RECEIVER)
nhlwalkin.jpg

That is all.

Marvie_3

Banned
TheVisualizer said:
sometimes a slash or high-stick is better than giving up an easy goal (don't tell Marvie this though...)
ALL MY PENALTIES ARE PERFECTLY TIMED TO PREVENT THE OPPOSING TEAM FROM SCORING

RS4-

Ugh yeah sorry Vis, after I made that post I ended up having to run some late night errands and I guess my brother hopped onto Gears.

Milly79

As I told Marv, I left the club to play with my old one. I'm not leaving for good, just supplementing the times when we aren't playing.

zsswimmer

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
That's because OTP sucks balls. I'm still shocked Swim enjoys it so much.
The rare gems of games that are full of teamwork make it worth it. Any teamwork on OTP and its like a 90% chance you win. Im pretty sure I just passed 1000 games too, dunno whether to be proud or sad ;_;

Milly79

Send me an invite back when you can, GMs. I can play tomorrow before and after the Preds game. Doubtful anyone will be on after, though. Losers!

Milly79 said:
Games anyone?

you must have just missed me and swim, we played 2 or 3 games, lost them all. Faced some legendary QC glitchers who scored 5 goals on like 6 shots, they had great variety with their glitch goals. Then I blew 1 game by calling for the puck from the goalie in a 2-2 game, ill let you guess what happened next...

fuck playing 2's the A.I. is so incompetent and it's so easy to get exploit goals off, I'm not playing another 2v2 game again this year

Top Bottom