• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 11 EASHL Team (360)

Revenant

Marvie_3 said:
Just tell her there's a late night shoe sale and she'll be out of your hair for hours.

she's an engineering major, so she's too smart for that. Though might be worth a shot.

I'm ready when you guys are, I'll tell my gf i have MAN THINGS to attend to.

Marvie_3

Banned
Revenant said:
she's an engineering major, so she's too smart for that. Though might be worth a shot.

I'm ready when you guys are, I'll tell my gf i have MAN THINGS to attend to.
Her womanly instincts will outweigh any rational thoughts. Trust me.

Marvie_3

Banned
Good games tonight. That last team was a joke. Got us on one faceoff deke then we shut them down the rest of the way because that was ALL they did. Fuckin scrubs.

Edit: We're now in the top 1500 clubs all-time. 17-1-2 in our last 20 games too.

Revenant

Marvie_3 said:
Good games tonight. That last team was a joke. Got us on one faceoff deke then we shut them down the rest of the way because that was ALL they did. Fuckin scrubs.

Edit: We're now in the top 1500 clubs all-time.

top 1500 milestone and the emergence of Zap Rowsdower, coincidence? I think not ;)

Marvie_3

Banned
Revenant said:
top 1500 milestone and the emergence of Zap Rowsdower, coincidence? I think not ;)
You played pretty well tonight. Once you get your player bulked up with some stat points, you'll be way better.

NEW TEAM RECORD ALERT!!!

MOST GIVEAWAYS IN A GAME: VIZ (15)

Revenant

Marvie_3 said:
You played pretty well tonight. Once you get your player bulked up with some stat points, you'll be way better.

NEW TEAM RECORD ALERT!!!

thanks man,

my passing is atrocious still, need to work on it

that and my positioning is downright awful, i think i ran infront of your dude about ten times heading into their zone...also that penalty shot attempt is one we should all just forget haha.

It'll be nice for NHL 12 though since I can start on a more level playing field with you guys, but this is a good way to get to know how you guys play when we all switch over.

Marvie_3

Banned
Revenant said:
that and my positioning is downright awful, i think i ran infront of your dude about ten times heading into their zone...also that penalty shot attempt is one we should all just forget haha.
That's partially my fault. I'm used to playing with Viz, Noz, and Milly and we kinda go all over.

Revenant said:
It'll be nice for NHL 12 though since I can start on a more level playing field with you guys, but this is a good way to get to know how you guys play when we all switch over.
Yeah, the more people we can get in the "system" now, the better we'll be when 12 comes out.

Marvie_3 said:

NEW TEAM RECORD ALERT!!!

what can I say, I'm out to be the best I can be, even at turning the puck over...

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
Revenant said:
thanks man,

my passing is atrocious still, need to work on it

You'll feel much better about the way you play once you see me in action.

You're new so it's fine, but I'm the one who makes terrible passes around here.

Marvie_3 said:
PaulPierce_display_image.jpg

GO HEAT

Milly79

Marvie_3 said:
That's partially my fault. I'm used to playing with Viz, Noz, and Milly and we kinda go all over.

Yeah, the more people we can get in the "system" now, the better we'll be when 12 comes out.
But I have perfect positioning? :lol

Montresor

I hope there's no HUT mode in NHL 12. But it's probably a big money maker for EA. =/ I even spent 300 points on a puck pack the first moment I touched the HUT mode. Turned out to be a huge waste, because I ended up committing HUT suicide, putting all my cards on the auction for dirt cheap. I very quickly gave up on that horrible mode.

Marvie_3

Banned
Montresor said:
I hope there's no HUT mode in NHL 12. But it's probably a big money maker for EA. =/ I even spent 300 points on a puck pack the first moment I touched the HUT mode. Turned out to be a huge waste, because I ended up committing HUT suicide, putting all my cards on the auction for dirt cheap. I very quickly gave up on that horrible mode.
There will be. HUT is fuckin terrible though. I got bored with it in an hour in the demo. Only time it got messed with after the game came out was when a friend of mine was checking it out on my system.

changing the topic back to me...

I like how the shitty club records page decided to make note of my Game Record for Turnovers but still declines to acknowledge my incredible club record 7 goal game (in the playoffs, no less). Even worse it still has my idiot brother as the record holder for most goals in a game... damn cold blooded EA

We playing again tonight at some point?

Marvie_3

Banned
TheVisualizer said:
changing the topic back to me...

I like how the shitty club records page decided to make note of my Game Record for Turnovers but still declines to acknowledge my incredible club record 7 goal game (in the playoffs, no less). Even worse it still has my idiot brother as the record holder for most goals in a game... damn cold blooded EA
Their stat recording was down for a month and a half. The stat pages updated fine but not the EASHL records.

TheVisualizer said:
We playing again tonight at some point?
I'll be on after I get home from work.

bardia

Marvie_3 said:
Maybe if you didn't log on at 4am we wouldn't all be passed out drunk!!

Maybe you guys just aren't drinking enough. Keep chugging away at that alcohol so your fellow West coasters can join in on some games too <3

This is the most active NHL 11 related thread on GAF so I thought I'd ask here.

Is there any way to turn down the frequency of my goalie playing the puck? Anytime the AI dumps the puck in my zone my damn goalie goes out to play it. Happens 90% of the time.

I know you can turn down cover up frequency (which I did) but I can't find anything on playing the puck frequency.

I see Goalie Passing but I don't know if thats it. Is it?

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
I'm absolutely shocked that a team with Ryan Shannon did not win.

Haha he was named team USA player of the game in their 5-3 loss to the Swiss

Montresor

criesofthepast said:
This is the most active NHL 11 related thread on GAF so I thought I'd ask here.

Is there any way to turn down the frequency of my goalie playing the puck? Anytime the AI dumps the puck in my zone my damn goalie goes out to play it. Happens 90% of the time.

I know you can turn down cover up frequency (which I did) but I can't find anything on playing the puck frequency.

I see Goalie Passing but I don't know if thats it. Is it?

To prevent that kind of thing you might have to edit that specific goalie's attributes in the MyNHL menu section. There is no way to tweak this in the regular options/rules sections. You have to go to the edit player section and look for something that affects that individual goalie's aggressiveness when it comes to chasing for dump-ins.

zsswimmer

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
This page may have moved, is no longer available, is in the penalty box, or we have a problem with our web site, sorry.
Please try one of the following options:

Check the Web address you entered to make sure if it's correct.
Try to access the page directly from the NHL.com Home Page instead of using a bookmark. If the page has moved, please reset your bookmark.
Enter a few words in the Search box above then hit the return key.
Report this technical issue.

zsswimmer said:
This page may have moved, is no longer available, is in the penalty box, or we have a problem with our web site, sorry.
Please try one of the following options:

Check the Web address you entered to make sure if it's correct.
Try to access the page directly from the NHL.com Home Page instead of using a bookmark. If the page has moved, please reset your bookmark.
Enter a few words in the Search box above then hit the return key.
Report this technical issue.

Must have been so important they had to change the link. Here you go:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=562462&navid=mod-rr-headlines

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
maybe ill play nhl 11 again now that the preds are done, brink is mediocre and i need something to tide me over til LA Noire

Montresor said:
To prevent that kind of thing you might have to edit that specific goalie's attributes in the MyNHL menu section. There is no way to tweak this in the regular options/rules sections. You have to go to the edit player section and look for something that affects that individual goalie's aggressiveness when it comes to chasing for dump-ins.
Thanks! Didn't think of that. Will try it out.

Marvie_3

Banned
Milly79 said:
A) Not paying attention (I do that a lot)

B) I want a dump or a quick up the boards transition (which never happens)
When I'm not paying attention, it's usually alcohol's fault.

Anyone playing tonight?

Top Bottom