• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 11 EASHL Team (360)

gg's tonight

sorry my 360 froze so I got disc in the last one I was playing against the Red Deer team, hope yall pulled it out

Lord you asked for advice on how to use your new attribute points, you play similar to me when I play d-man, here's the attributes I find are more important

OFF
1A- passing
1B- puck control
2- slap shot power
3- off awr
4- slapshot acc
- I don't put any points into wrist shot pow or acc for my d-man build, hand eye is not really too important and you dont do much loose puck deking so dont waste points with that

DEF
1A- stick checking
1B- def awr
2- discipline
-i don't put points into anything else for my d-man build, if you want to be more well rounded you can throw points in body checking too if you want to be able to lay people out. Don't waste points in aggression unless you are a volume body checker, dont waste points on fighting and dont put anything into blocked shots as all it controls is how fast you get up from laying down

ATH
1A- strength
1B- balance
2- agility
3- accel
4- endurance
5- speed
-as a dman dont waste in points in durability, I find endurance is more important than speed

when in doubt just think about what you do most often on the ice and favor the attributes that control those things. If you dont know what each attribute is for specifically you can find descriptions for each attribute in the tabs of the help menu (back button from almost any menu)

Montresor

TheVisualizer said:
gg's tonight

sorry my 360 froze so I got disc in the last one I was playing against the Red Deer team, hope yall pulled it out

Lord you asked for advice on how to use your new attribute points, you play similar to me when I play d-man, here's the attributes I find are more important

OFF
1A- passing
1B- puck control
2- slap shot power
3- off awr
4- slapshot acc
- I don't put any points into wrist shot pow or acc for my d-man build, hand eye is not really too important and you dont do much loose puck deking so dont waste points with that

DEF
1A- stick checking
1B- def awr
2- discipline
-i don't put points into anything else for my d-man build, if you want to be more well rounded you can throw points in body checking too if you want to be able to lay people out. Don't waste points in aggression unless you are a volume body checker, dont waste points on fighting and dont put anything into blocked shots as all it controls is how fast you get up from laying down

ATH
1A- strength
1B- balance
2- agility
3- accel
4- endurance
5- speed
-as a dman dont waste in points in durability, I find endurance is more important than speed

when in doubt just think about what you do most often on the ice and favor the attributes that control those things. If you dont know what each attribute is for specifically you can find descriptions for each attribute in the tabs of the help menu (back button from almost any menu)

Thanks a lot Viz. I actually ended up finding your old post and used that to spend my points. It's pretty much the same advice, so it's all good. =D

Marvie_3

Banned
Good run tonight. Good games from Milly, Noz, Viz, Lord, Schuey, and Jerry. 7-0 on the night and we're 18-1-1 in our last 20. We finally cracked the top 1000 all-time too.

I wasn't playing well in the games Jerry was playing in because he laughs at everything anyone says and that would crack me up and I'd get distracted. :lol

We got the club trophy for 100 shorthanded goals thanks to my awesome goal when we were down 5-on-3. :D

Marvie_3

Banned
Milly79 said:
Love bro, love.
1537j46.jpg

Fuck this game. I did a wrap around puck went in the net then took like 15 secs for them to "blow it dead" And then the faceoff comes outside the zone. WTF is this shit EA?

Also how do you find videos you uploaded? It says uploaded to ea sports world but when I go to my profile on ea it says I have no uploaded videos?

Edit: I have two personas apparently? So stupid.

Go EA! http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/75819141

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Fuck this game. I did a wrap around puck went in the net then took like 15 secs for them to "blow it dead" And then the faceoff comes outside the zone. WTF is this shit EA?

Also how do you find videos you uploaded? It says uploaded to ea sports world but when I go to my profile on ea it says I have no uploaded videos?

Edit: I have two personas apparently? So stupid.

Go EA! http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/75819141

didn't look like it ever crossed the line, EA's magic goaline forcefield turned on and kept it out, along with their realistic puck and goalie physics that caused the puck to stick to the goalies pad before the ref blew the play dead

Marvie_3 said:
I wasn't playing well in the games Jerry was playing in because he laughs at everything anyone says and that would crack me up and I'd get distracted. :lol

That's because you keep getting concussions and running into the boards at full speed....and never look for the passes.

TheVisualizer said:
didn't look like it ever crossed the line, EA's magic goaline forcefield turned on and kept it out, along with their realistic puck and goalie physics that caused the puck to stick to the goalies pad before the ref blew the play dead

No, it definitely did. I watched it in slow mo. The shadow at the bottom of the net is the puck. My stick went through the goal post so maybe that's why? Game is so glitchy though.

Anyone playing before 8pm?

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
No, it definitely did. I watched it in slow mo. The shadow at the bottom of the net is the puck. My stick went through the goal post so maybe that's why? Game is so glitchy though.

Anyone playing before 8pm?

ill play if we can get a 3rd person

Montresor

TheVisualizer said:
sorry dudes i got disc. There are some bad thunder storms going on and a power surge knocked me out of that game. Good luck

I got smoked all game long. The other team moved the puck really well and undressed me at least twice for goals. I played a horrible game.

Also, if you guys were wondering why I was flying aimlessly for the first 10 in-game minutes, my bro was downloading something on steam. If I had not found the problem, the proper etiquette would have been to quit on, right? Anyway, I played a disappointing game. Like I said on the in-game chat, I'm just gonna take a bit of a break for tonight. I might be on later, at around 11:30pm eastern.

It was a strange game to play though. How come no one had their mics on? I'm always used to Viz's positive reinforcement. =D

gg's duders

sorry I couldn't bless you with my golden voice tonight, I came down with a pretty nasty cold in the last day or so, figured I would spare you guys having to hear my blow my nose, clear my throat and breath thru my mouth and just go old school swim style with the silence and text chat

we got soooo lucky in the last one we played where i somehow got a hat trick by standing around near the net and tapping in miracle passes. We were way out of sync all game long, people were botching easy plays left and right and we end up clawing back to force overtime and winning off the shittiest goal ever. I got stuck out by the blue line and decided to try a random loose puck deke while standing completely still and the puck bounced off their guys' skate and slowly trickled up the ice right to Milly who was standing still next to net for a garbage one-timer goal...

Motherfucker. If we lose this it's all on my fault. Didn't fucking turn around quick enough and knocked it into our own net. Such a stupid fucking mistake.

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
Milly79 said:
I'm going with decline. This game is frustrating.
God damn right it is

Sooo I need a new build, has to be Power Forward or Two Way Forward.

Milly79

Nozdeuce said:
God damn right it is

Sooo I need a new build, has to be Power Forward or Two Way Forward.
Either one works. I hate my fucking guy now. He loses the puck too much, but i have high balance puck control and he's too fucking slow. So frustrating.

Marvie_3

Banned
Noz, here's my build you were asking for. The +5 boosts are in addition to the number on the left so a 85 (+5) would be a 90:

Power Forward

- Deking: 85 (+5)
- Hand-eye: 85 (+5)
- Off. Awareness: 90 (+5)
- Passing: 80
- Puck Control: 85 (+5)
- Slap Shot Accuracy: 60
- Slap Shot Power: 80
- Wrist Shot Accuracy: 75 (+5)
- Wrist Shot Power: 90 (+5)

- Aggressiveness: 80
- Body Checking: 90 (+5)
- Def. Awareness: 70
- Discipline: 71
- Faceoffs: 60
- Fighting Skill: 60
- Shot Blocking: 60
- Stick Checking: 69 (+5)

- Acceleration: 71
- Agility: 85 (+5)
- Balance: 85 (+5)
- Durability: 60
- Endurance: 90 (+5)
- Speed: 65
- Strength: 94 (+5)

Milly79

Noz, here's my build you were asking for. The +5 boosts are in addition to the number on the left so a 85 (+5) would be a 90:

Power Forward:

Deking 85+5
Hand-Eye 87
Off. Awareness: 85+5
Passing 87
Puck Control 85+5
Slap Shot Accuracy 61
Slap Shot Power 75
Wrist Shot Accuracy 80+5
Wrist Shot Power 80+5

---

Aggressiveness 85
Body Checking 87
Def. Awareness 80
Discipline 70
Face-offs 60
Fighting Skill 60
Shot Blocking 60
Stick Checking 53

---

Acceleration 65+8
Agility 80+5
Balance 96
Durability 60
Endurance 95
Speed 66+8
Strength 89+8

Jk, Noz. You can try it if you wish.

Milly79

Marvie_3 said:
I dunno. My guy feels pretty fast with my build. :/

2ed08zc.jpg
I'm just not winning the battles. Poke checks, I never win it back. Stick lifts, nope, not happening. Hustle button, forget it. It's frustrating cause before I changed, I was winning that stuff, but getting my ass handed to me more often and not being able to check. Maybe I should just not worry about being able to check...

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
Milly79 said:
How do I make my guy faster, Marv? WHAT DO I DO? THESE STATS, THEY DO NOZZING!

Member now. Wewt.
The one thing I managed to not fuck up while changing my stats around so far has been my hitting/speed.

Power Forward

Acceleration 72+8
Agility 75+5
Balance 89
Durability 60
Endurance 90
Speed 82+8
Strength 90+8

Marvie_3

Banned
Milly79 said:
I'm just not winning the battles. Poke checks, I never win it back. Stick lifts, nope, not happening. Hustle button, forget it. It's frustrating cause before I changed, I was winning that stuff, but getting my ass handed to me more often and not being able to check. Maybe I should just not worry about being able to check...
Change your guy back then. Problem solved.

Milly79

Nozdeuce said:
The one thing I managed to not fuck up while changing my stats around so far has been my hitting/speed.

Power Forward

Acceleration 72+8
Agility 75+5
Balance 89
Durability 60
Endurance 90
Speed 82+8
Strength 90+8
Can you post the entire thing? :lol.

Top Bottom