• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 11 EASHL Team (360)

any of you suckas playing tonight?

btw, traitorous Milly needs a GM to accept his invite, I would do it but the guy that runs this mess of a club would rather his buddy who only plays once every 6 months be a GM than me...

Marvie_3

Banned
Milly79 said:
Testing out a new build. Would like to give it some game loving. 65 speed/accel and HEY MARV, HE'S SLOW.
Crank your agility, endurance, and use 9" skate blades. The only time I notice my player slow down is when I put him over 6'4" or over ~240 pounds.

TheVisualizer said:
any of you suckas playing tonight?

btw, traitorous Milly needs a GM to accept his invite, I would do it but the guy that runs this mess of a club would rather his buddy who only plays once every 6 months be a GM than me...
I'll be on.

If you're done Brett Favreing all over the place every 3 days, I'll think about making you a GM again. :)

Milly79 said:
I have an invite waiting for me. I still haven't accepted it. I'll be on after The Office/Parks so 10 EST?
Possibly. Depends on how much of the Detroit/San Jose game I watch.

Milly79

Marvie_3 said:
Crank your agility, endurance, and use 9" skate blades. The only time I notice my player slow down is when I put him over 6'4" or over ~240 pounds.

I'll be on.

If you're done Brett Favreing all over the place every 3 days, I'll think about making you a GM again. :)

Possibly. Depends on how much of the Detroit/San Jose game I watch.

I have 85 agility, 13'' (thought that was the speed one), and 99 endurance.

I guess Parks is an hour today, so I may skip that. I'm hoping we get to play tonight... I can't believe how sporadic you guys are after we played quite frequently when I first started.

Marvie_3

Banned
Milly79 said:
I have 85 agility, 13'' (thought that was the speed one), and 99 endurance.

I guess Parks is an hour today, so I may skip that. I'm hoping we get to play tonight... I can't believe how sporadic you guys are after we played quite frequently when I first started.
Speed doesn't do anything. ;)

I'm done with school now so I'm free any night for the next few months. I'm down to play more as long as we don't get raped like we did the other night. Easily some of the most frustrating games I've ever been in.

Milly79

Ok, Mr. Speed. I figured at least SOME would help over 65. I may be getting a shit load of more hours at work, so I don't know how long this every other day will be happening for. BETTER TAKE ADVANTAGE OF IT!

Marvie_3

Banned
Milly79 said:
Ok, Mr. Speed. I figured at least SOME would help over 65. I may be getting a shit load of more hours at work, so I don't know how long this every other day will be happening for. BETTER TAKE ADVANTAGE OF IT!
It really doesn't though. With the higher agility you can make faster cuts and accelerate faster. Top speed is pretty much dictated by the hustle button only.

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
Blargh, rocky start but not too bad overall. I was really up and down all night on faceoffs, a couple of the games I just could not get the timing down. And then of course that last game had like a 90% win percentage, so that was pimp.

Sorry Rev, was trying to pass it to you all the time but I either held on too long trying to get you more open or it just straight up wouldn't let me pass. I was trying though. Those were some sweet and timely goals you scored tonight.

Not getting any Noz Snipes goals tonight was weird, and mildly discouraging. Was glad I was able to contribute with screens and tip ins, and scored on my penalty shot unlike some people

There was one game I really just flat out gave up on passing, which seemingly ended up par for the course turnover ratio wise. I did a shitload of stickhandling I both can't and shouldn't.

Milly79

F you, Noz. That first one I was trying to do the jump deke + slapshot, but apparently I didnt hit lb. The second one I tried my classic move, but there was a bit of a delay (which I forgot is almost always there it seems on PS's).

Overall, decent night. Didn't feel like there were too many plays being made, but we still managed to get by. Not too sure if I like this new build. Hardly get knocked off the puck, but I'm not very fast and it doesn't seem like I'm too agile, either, but I have 90+ agility. I also don't carry the puck too much, so it doesn't matter if I get knocked off or not, really.

Revenant

Nozdeuce said:
Sorry Rev, was trying to pass it to you all the time but I either held on too long trying to get you more open or it just straight up wouldn't let me pass. I was trying though. Those were some sweet and timely goals you scored tonight.

No problem Noz, I was utterly incoherent in both my play and my actual words over chat.

I was all over the place tonight, still managed to pocket some goals though!
Gotta focus a little more next time, don't know why i was so out of it tonight.

Marvie_3

Banned
Revenant said:
No problem Noz, I was utterly incoherent in both my play and my actual words over chat.

Fantasizing about Kyle Calder will do that.

Nozdeuce

Milly79 said:
F you, Noz.
Didn't someone else miss one too? Clearly I don't pay attention.

Revenant said:

I thought you were mostly fine, if my passing wasn't so heroically bad you would've done even better.

That happens to me kinda often. I was completely out of it the first one or two games I played tonight, then my dude seemed slightly more responsive and I was back in it.

Marvie_3

Banned
Nozdeuce said:
Didn't someone else miss one too? Clearly I don't pay attention.
Mine was whistled dead before I even moved. :(

Revenant said:
Actually I got caught day dreaming about working side by side with Sergei Berezin and Marcel Hossa in the ol' Steel/Bicycle factory :p
Gross.

Marvie_3

Banned
Good games tonight everybody. We were rolling anyone that got in our way. We've won 10 in a row now. :D

Bardia needs to learn to get online earlier. :p

I had 17 points in 5 games tonight. My stick was more loaded than I am. :(

300 goals with the club. :D

gg's

congrats to Marvie with the epic 3 consecutive games with hat tricks, everyone played pretty sharp tonight, good puck movement, good defense, awesome playmaking. Really enjoyed the games.

Marvie_3

Banned
We only need 7 more of the club trophies too:

-Block 10 shots in a game
-10 successful dekes in a game (should have this already since Viz does 8 million dekes per game)
-Play 1000 games (174 away)
-Score 2000 goals (80 away)
-Score 100 short-handed goals (pretty close to this one)
-Score 50 breakaway goals (less than 25 away)
-Score 500 one-timer goals (no idea)

Milly79

Yep, good games. I'll be on tomorrow night. I'm going to hang out with my girlfriend, so I hope to not be too late, since no one plays past 2 cst, really.

Marvie_3 said:
We only need 7 more of the club trophies too:

-Block 10 shots in a game
-10 successful dekes in a game (should have this already since Viz does 8 million dekes per game)
-Play 1000 games (174 away)
-Score 2000 goals (80 away)
-Score 100 short-handed goals (pretty close to this one)
-Score 50 breakaway goals (less than 25 away)
-Score 500 one-timer goals (no idea)

its gonna be next to impossible to get the blocks one as they only really count blocks where you lay down and they're only good for blocking slapshots at the point

I can get us the deke one anyday now, you have to actually get past someone with a deke for each deke to count towards the total

Marvie_3

Banned
TheVisualizer said:
its gonna be next to impossible to get the blocks one as they only really count blocks where you lay down and they're only good for blocking slapshots at the point

I can get us the deke one anyday now, you have to actually get past someone with a deke for each deke to count towards the total
I dunno, you're pretty good at blocking my slapshots. :)

bardia

Marvie_3 said:
Good games tonight everybody. We were rolling anyone that got in our way. We've won 10 in a row now. :D

Bardia needs to learn to get online earlier. :p

I had 17 points in 5 games tonight. My stick was more loaded than I am. :(

300 goals with the club. :D

Work + Girlfriend = No free time anymore :( also the fact that I'm west coast and the rest of you seem to be central or east coast makes it harder for me as well. I don't think I'll be on tonight, but I should be free after the Van/SJ game tomorrow

gg's I wish we could have played differently in that last one though, would have liked the forwards (noz and milly) to be more aggressive trying to make things happen, don't just drop it back to me at the point everytime. You guys are offensive beasts, you didnt really try much to force your way to the net or set each other up. Those frenchies were ripe for the picking...

Milly79

TheVisualizer said:
gg's I wish we could have played differently in that last one though, would have liked the forwards (noz and milly) to be more aggressive trying to make things happen, don't just drop it back to me at the point everytime. You guys are offensive beasts, you didnt really try much to force your way to the net or set each other up. Those frenchies were ripe for the picking...
I don't like going to the net. I never have. I mean I'll go there for the screen, but I won't try and take it in. I don't want to lose it, and I love utilizing the points.

Milly79

Marvie_3 said:
Sounds like you guys needed my "driving it balls deep to the net" prowess.
Potentially, yes. My friend from my old team may join. He's tossing around the idea. He basically taught me everything over the years, so he'll compliment us well. He said he'd play D or LW.

Marvie_3

Banned
Milly79 said:
Potentially, yes. My friend from my old team may join. He's tossing around the idea. He basically taught me everything over the years, so he'll compliment us well. He said he'd play D or LW.
So he taught you how to not score when I pass it to you and how to constantly be offsides? Great. >:|

Montresor

I need to stay the hell away from random ranked OTP. I keep getting kicked out and I'm getting all F-ratings as a result. I'm closing in on 100 but my rating has dropped from B to B- because of those games... I need that superstar card. If you guys are on tonight I'll be available to play probably at 10pm+ eastern.

Then again it could be my connection, and that means I could be leaving the club out to dry lol. I hope it was just EA's shitty servers.

Marvie_3

Banned
Milly79 said:
No, Marv. You're our most skilled forward.

o05d09.jpg

2qjavb6.jpg

iwulfq.jpg
5vznew.jpg

aylurr.jpg

Nozdeuce

TheVisualizer said:
Yeah I was sorda frustrated and had kinda given up on being the least bit useful other than faceoffs/screens. Just seemed like last night and today I couldn't carry the puck at all, either getting nudged/exploded by people or fucking just losing it myself. I was scoring okay, with the screens and the tip ins and the garbage rebounds, but haven't really been able to flat out create any goals the last couple days. Guess I'll tweak my build again a little bit. It's been annoying not sniping shit in, especially when I either just barely blast it wide or nail the post.

And holy fuck my passing has been bad. Christ almighty.

Top Bottom