• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 11 EASHL Team (360)

Marvie_3

Banned
Milly79 said:
Marv needs to stop hitting A and Noz just needs to stop taking penalties.
We all have shit we need to work on.

I'm really getting fucking sick of losing to scrub teams who have no offense other than fucking slapshots.

Milly79

Marvie_3 said:
We all have shit we need to work on.

I'm really getting fucking sick of losing to scrub teams who have no offense other than fucking slapshots.
I was kidding, mostly. Today wasn't that bad. I've seen much worse.

Way to take it serious though, spazzy.

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
zsswimmer said:
Its a broke ass 360 :(

I'm probably going to buy a slim. Its my birthday, got money from that, getting some money from online stuff, and I'll be working starting Monday. Gotta get dat dough
OMG HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWIM. Here's hoping you got drunk and drilled somebody hard.

Milly79 said:
Marv needs to stop hitting A and Noz just needs to stop taking penalties.
Marvie is a constant source of inspiration for me.

Montresor

Anyone who doesn't have the practice achievement wanna practice with me in clubs? Practicing instead of playing a legit club match is probably a drag for you guys who all already have the achievement.

Also, I'm gonna be on tonight for some CLUBBING, as Viz would say.

bardia

Marvie_3 said:
First screenshot of NHL 12

i28qyr.jpg

OOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

I wonder if they'll be using Luongo for their motion capturing

I'll be on much more starting next week, my gf is going away for a while so I've just been spending all my time with her lately, can't wait to get back to losing to people slapshotting from point blank into the top corner.

Nozdeuce

I liked it when Viz scored all our goals. But then he stopped and it made me sad. I have to not go so fucking far off sideways on crosscreases. Blargh

Nozdeuce said:
I liked it when Viz scored all our goals. But then he stopped and it made me sad. I have to not go so fucking far off sideways on crosscreases. Blargh

sorry, my awesomeness only seems to come in small spurts, the rest of my night usually revolves around me trying to do something awesome and the controller defying me

I would never try to intentionally make you sad though Noz, you've already got enough sadness in your life being a Sens fan...

Marvie_3

Banned
TheVisualizer said:
sorry, my awesomeness only seems to come in small spurts, the rest of my night usually revolves around me trying to do something awesome and the controller defying me

I would never try to intentionally make you sad though Noz, you've already got enough sadness in your life being a Sens fan...
Oh snap

Nozdeuce

TheVisualizer said:

"controller" is what we're calling it now? are we still talking about hockey?

Fuck I've been drinking water all night, I've got nothin

It was cool with you playing Center though

Marvie_3 said:
Yo all the scrubs are cool because they score as many goals in a night as the bottom 9/8ths of the team score all season

Milly79

Who is RS4? I thought it was Schuey, but I'm wrong.

Also, I'd love to play tomorrow, time permitting. Going to Michigan Wednesday night through Tuesday, but I'll have my Xbox. I'll be in Canada for the weekend.

Milly79 said:

Also, I'd love to play tomorrow, time permitting. Going to Michigan Wednesday night through Tuesday, but I'll have my Xbox. I'll be in Canada for the weekend.
Schuey is Schuey. RS4 is House.

RS4- said:
Fuck it, I can't deal with NHL anymore. Selling it tomorrow and I'll just wait for 12

shit happens Dok, hopefully you hold off selling the game (you aint gonna get shit for it anyway) as there are a good couple months left to suffer thru the agony of EASHL with us... :)

Montresor said:
The last four matches Ive played terribly. =\ That's all I can really say.

happens to the best of them, just focus on your positioning on the cross crease stuff, the rest will work itself out. Also, when I win faceoffs back to you, know that you dont have to wait until the puck gets to you to make a decision on passing. I've improving my game by "queueing up" the pass by holding down pass and the direction before the puck even gets to me when I play D and have to receive faceoffs in the offensive zone. That extra split second you save doing a pre-emptive pass could make a difference.

Milly79 said:

so we got another Pheenix here... getting simple ass names mixed up. BTW what up pheeniks you gonna make a return at some point this summer?

anyway, I'll be online later if anyone gets the itch to play, holla

Marvie_3

Banned
TheVisualizer said:
shit happens Dok, hopefully you hold off selling the game (you aint gonna get shit for it anyway) as there are a good couple months left to suffer thru the agony of EASHL with us... :)
He lives in Canada. He'd probably get a small fortune for it.

TheVisualizer said:
happens to the best of them, just focus on your positioning on the cross crease stuff, the rest will work itself out. Also, when I win faceoffs back to you, know that you dont have to wait until the puck gets to you to make a decision on passing. I've improving my game by "queueing up" the pass by holding down pass and the direction before the puck even gets to me when I play D and have to receive faceoffs in the offensive zone. That extra split second you save doing a pre-emptive pass could make a difference.
All good points. Also, watch Noz, then do everything the opposite of how he does it when it comes to passing. :D

TheVisualizer said:
anyway, I'll be online later if anyone gets the itch to play, holla
I'll be on around 10:30 EST

Marvie_3

Banned
Nozdeuce said:
My initial reaction to that earlier today was "I quit". EA is going to have to tell me a lot of lies to assuage my fears.

I'd be game later tonight
That's what their marketing campaign is every year. You'll be in for 12.

Nozdeuce said:
My initial reaction to that earlier today was "I quit". EA is going to have to tell me a lot of lies to assuage my fears.

I'd be game later tonight

look at old fancypants using complicated words like "assuage"... :)

video looks pretty suspect, I'm sure the game will play noticeably better as the devs have been able to at least deliver on that since I came back to the series in 08, but they just aren't capturing the game as it is, and there really hasn't been any kind of visual upgrade in years. All of the other sports franchise's have found ways to make their game's look better over time, the NHL dev team seems to be running in sand on this.

Marvie_3

Banned
TheVisualizer said:
look at old fancypants using complicated words like "assuage"... :)

video looks pretty suspect, I'm sure the game will play noticeably better as the devs have been able to at least deliver on that since I came back to the series in 08, but they just aren't capturing the game as it is, and there really hasn't been any kind of visual upgrade in years. All of the other sports franchise's have found ways to make their game's look better over time, the NHL dev team seems to be running in sand on this.
I honestly don't care if it looks like a PSX game if the gameplay is fixed. That said, they better implement GameFace this year. I'm tired of looking like GENERIC HOCKEY PLAYER #4.

Top Bottom