• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 11 EASHL Team (360)

SnakeswithLasers said:
Seriously, just give the controls a try for a few games. It's MUCH easier if you set your view to be "always up" (or do they call it "prefer up"?) so that UP on the right stick is always shoot and the directions are always the same.

Trust me, the controls are a main thing of what has set this series apart--they are so good once you get used to them. Not FIFA, but still awesome.

Oh i know always up, i just like using the face buttons to pass and check and poke check.

LiveWire

OK just got back, softball game took longer than expected. :/ At least we won. Hopping back on in 5 minutes to play if GAF team(s) are still on?

Can someone explain how we level up our guys/teams? I played a Drop-In game earlier but it didn't seem to do anything to my stats.

Marvie_3

Banned
Teams 1 and 3 should be good to go. Looks like both have at least 4 players online right now.

That OT loss was crap.

I've got a question if anyone knows. If I choose something like power forward and level him up a little and then switch to something else like playmaker for example, do I lose all my EXP points? Or does it just unassign them and I have whatever the total amount of points I earned is?

Marvie_3

Banned
purg3 said:
im on now, where's everyone. how's this shit work
I sent invites out to everyone on Team #3. There's at least 4 players on so just head into the dressing room. Check to OP and send messages to anyone who isnt in there.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Marvie_3 said:
I sent invites out to everyone on Team #3. There's at least 4 players on so just head into the dressing room. Check to OP and send messages to anyone who isnt in there.

i don't get it, this is kind of retarded. if there are only a few people on a team how am I supposed to play if no one is online from my team but there are people from one of the other teams on? I just want to play the game, not sit here and hope someone from my group decides to show up when other people are online playing.

purg3 said:
i don't get it, this is kind of retarded. if there are only a few people on a team how am I supposed to play if no one is online from my team but there are people from one of the other teams on? I just want to play the game, not sit here and hope someone from my group decides to show up when other people are online playing.

Bitch to EA then. There's really no other way to do it unless you do OTP like we did before.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Bitch to EA then. There's really no other way to do it unless you do OTP like we did before.

well i can see this won't work out then. awesome.

purg3 said:
well i can see this won't work out then. awesome.

It shouldn't be awful. People will probably still be up for OTP every once in a while and people should be coming on to play on their team as they are tonight. If people stop showing up/the team falls apart then we reorganize to less teams. It is a totally stupid way for EA to do it though, not really sure who this change is benefiting.

gg's to my squad, took a couple asswhuppins earlier but just got our 2nd W of the day

Marvie, I got your message let me know how you want to handle the teams going forward

Marvie_3

Banned
I think we might end up dropping to 2 teams. Team 3 is just a mess with nobody captaining it. We'll figure out the rosters tonight and everything should be set by tomorrow. Sorry for the problems guys.

Repgnar

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
I've got a question if anyone knows. If I choose something like power forward and level him up a little and then switch to something else like playmaker for example, do I lose all my EXP points? Or does it just unassign them and I have whatever the total amount of points I earned is?

This. Anyone happen to know? It's early right now so it's not like i'm losing anything if it does reset but just for future reference.

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
What does hand-eye do for a player?

im pretty sure it affects how well u redirect shots, might also have to do with ability to receive passes, i know it tells you in the help menu in the demo, not sure about the retail help menu

Marvie_3

Banned
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
It shouldn't be awful. People will probably still be up for OTP every once in a while and people should be coming on to play on their team as they are tonight. If people stop showing up/the team falls apart then we reorganize to less teams. It is a totally stupid way for EA to do it though, not really sure who this change is benefiting.
If you change player types, you won't lose your experience points. You will have to reapply your attribute points though.

Zakkath said:
We can't have more than 6 players in a team ? Thats dumb. Gonna be very hard to have a full team.
You can have up to 50 players on a team. You just can't have more than 6 playing at a time.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Ugh we were out partying a lot later then I thought tonight. Just got home now, I'ma make my player then send an request to join the axis.

I'll be ready to go tomorrow after work, I made sure to not have anything set up. :D

LiveWire

Nice games Marv and Snakes! :D We got jobbed on the first game but unleashed on the second. The postgame menu is too empty, I quit out before I realized that I had to go back into the pause menu to create highlights; wanted to capture our awesome goals and passes.

Are y'all down for one more before calling it a night?

Marvie_3

Banned
Alright, new rosters are done. Some people may have to sit depending on how many people are on but Team 3 was a total mess. This will be easier.

Team 1: NeoGAF Axis Powers

C - Marvie_3 (captain), DoctorWho
LW - LiveWire, purg3, Zakkath
RW - SnakesWithLasers
LD - Phthisis, Hardyboy1224
RD - Kave_Man, FightyF
G - N/A

Team 2: GAF Believe in Number 2

C - Sniper McBlaze, KingHenrik30
LW - RS4-
RW - Zaraki_Kenpachi, Sefskillz
LD - TheVisualizer (captain), Dmorr07
RD - DenogginizerOS, BigJonsson
G - Fixed1979

Invites should have been sent out already from either Vis or myself.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I just sent a request.

Don't know how it'll show up on your end but my player is Yuri Wakabayashi.

Fucking EA, where do I accept my invite
Its hidden somewhere like last year

Oh its under community and not EASHL or XBL....fuck you EA

Booo, no ones around

LiveWire

Marvie_3 said:
No kidding. That shit happened all the time in 09. They fixed it for 10 and now it's back again.

Well....on the bright side...no one has beaten us in regulation. We're still earning points right?

Marvie_3

Banned
That faceoff deke between the legs has got to be taken out too. It's damn near impossible to counter and it's so fuckin overused.

Fixed1979

I don't know what happened between me playing 10 on my PS3 and 11 on my 360. But being in net is not the same for some reason, it may be best to switch to a forward position if one's availble, at least until I figure out wtf I'm doing in net. Either way gg last night guys, it was fun when I wasn't sucking it up.

Top Bottom