• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 11 EASHL Team (360)

FUUUUUUU i heard this game is so good

i want a 360 back...or maybe you guys could get this on ps3 :D

i wasn't gonna get the title because i don't play any single player but if i had teammates perhaps a purchase would be justified....

LiveWire

I hear they have a version for Wii pheenix. You can play with your magic wand!

Marvie, do you want me to stay as center or shift back to wing? Reason I ask is that I set my pro up as a Center and I'm not sure how switching positions affects his effectiveness.

As for faceoffs, I thought I noticed the "lift your opponents' stick off the puck" attempt was the one most used by the guys we played against last night.

Marvie_3

Banned
ph33nix said:

i wasn't gonna get the title because i don't play any single player but if i had teammates perhaps a purchase would be justified....
Ph33333333333333nix!

There isn't even a PS3 GAF team this year so that not gonna happen. :lol

LiveWire said:
Marvie, do you want me to stay as center or shift back to wing? Reason I ask is that I set my pro up as a Center and I'm not sure how switching positions affects his effectiveness.

As for faceoffs, I thought I noticed the "lift your opponents' stick off the puck" attempt was the one most used by the guys we played against last night.
You were doing great at center so yeah, stay there. :D

Any time I played center, it was always the 'puck between opponent's legs' faceoff. So annoying.

purg3 said:
wont be on again until probably sunday :( going out of town for a few days.
That's good to hear. Maybe now we won't be on the PK half the game. ;)

Nozdeuce said:
Holy shit Laserbot you finally watched Always Sunny??
Fuck ya man, that shit is SOOOO awesome; you and Peterboy were right on the money.

Good games last night all. I'm really liking NHL this year. Lining up sweet hip checks is sooo tough but just feels fucking awesome.

I'm really considering going tough guy. Fuck goals, I wanna hit folks.

Omg I love faceoffs.

After the horrible AI defence in NHL 09 (well its never been all that good imo, haha) EASHL getting beat by the cross crease every time, I started playing D, but when 10 came around, and the AI D seemed to have picked up their game a bit, I moved back to right wing, but I was always pissed we didnt have anyone in front of the net for rebounds (it was usually just me and one friend playing online most times, and hes a LW), I decided to move to center and play some good ole Ryan Smyth style hockey.

...but I couldnt for the life of me win a fucking faceoff in 10, offline? sure, against an actual person? Not a chance. Now im a faceoff master! I had 28 won vs some guys 6 in one game, but ive been consistantly getting more than half the draws in all of our games, which is awesome.

Now we just need to learn how to score goals again :(

Is there a way I can get in on a game/practice with some of you EASHL pros, so you can teach me some of the goods? Ive got a team with friends, so I cant join the GAF team(s), any way around that? (I wish you could just join multiple teams!)

purg3

slept with Malkin
Marvie_3 said:
That's good to hear. Maybe now we won't be on the PK half the game. ;)

hey now, then game after you left I had a deflection goal and set up a SH game winner, so take that!

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
SnakeswithLasers said:
Fuck ya man, that shit is SOOOO awesome; you and Peterboy were right on the money.
I'd say your comics are worth it if thats all you pay your bangmaid

me and Dmorr just got another grueling OT win for Team 2, seems like that is the only way we have been able to win, keep it close then hope for a break in OT :lol

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
ph33nix said:

You'd do really well, the action is so loose and free flowing, could easily spring you another 8 million times.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
BigJonsson said:
Team 2 online?
I will be on later tonight. I have an overnight experiment that has timepoints at 815PM and 1215AM so I will be looking to kill some time between 9 and about 1130. :D

Repgnar

TheVisualizer said:
me and Dmorr just got another grueling OT win for Team 2, seems like that is the only way we have been able to win, keep it close then hope for a break in OT :lol

Yea, I definantly have to work on not turning the puck over so much. Did anyone have trouble connecting to the EA servers earlier? I tried to get into a OTP with my pro and it would allow me to get into the game and pick my position but immediatly disconnect me once the loading screen came up. I think I got credit for playing a game but got a loss for it. After that happened 3-4 times I couldn't connect to the EA servers at all for a good 20-30 minutes.

Marvie_3

Banned
Dmorr07 said:
Yea, I definantly have to work on not turning the puck over so much. Did anyone have trouble connecting to the EA servers earlier? I tried to get into a OTP with my pro and it would allow me to get into the game and pick my position but immediatly disconnect me once the loading screen came up. I think I got credit for playing a game but got a loss for it. After that happened 3-4 times I couldn't connect to the EA servers at all for a good 20-30 minutes.
I played a couple OTP games but didn't have any problems connecting.

Team 1 officially challenges Team 2 to a 6v6 best of 3 series this weekend. Losing team wears ice cream jerseys for a week. :D

LiveWire

SnakeswithLasers said:
I'm really considering going tough guy. Fuck goals, I wanna hit folks.

It's pretty sweet. 17 hits in 4 games!! :lol

Also, hopping online in a few minutes, any Team 1 players ready? We need 3 minimum to play.

Marvie_3 said:
I played a couple OTP games but didn't have any problems connecting.

Team 1 officially challenges Team 2 to a 6v6 best of 3 series this weekend. Losing team wears ice cream jerseys for a week. :D

ur team better get fitted then cuz the ice creams are gonna look good on u guys:D

btw team 2 played a game last night against a team wearing pretty much identical ice creams even had marvies shark logo, must have been a gaf lurker team...

Marvie_3

Banned
LiveWire said:
It's pretty sweet. 17 hits in 4 games!! :lol

Also, hopping online in a few minutes, any Team 1 players ready? We need 3 minimum to play.
I think we should also try to avoid playing against teams with less than 3 players. Last year, playing against a team of 2 pretty much guaranteed a game of nothing but glitches and exploits.

Marvie_3 said:
I think we should also try to avoid playing against teams with less than 3 players. Last year, playing against a team of 2 pretty much guaranteed a game of nothing but glitches and exploits.

So far so good in the games I've played in

But 2 d-men is more difficult this year as the AI isn't getting enough scoring chances forcing us to jump into the rush a lot

Marvie_3

Banned
BigJonsson said:
So far so good in the games I've played in

But 2 d-men is more difficult this year as the AI isn't getting enough scoring chances forcing us to jump into the rush a lot
Change the AI strategies during the game then.

well after a few DNF wins and two actual ones Team 2 has managed to get back over 500% at 9-8 (9-5-3), I think technically we are on a 4 game winning streak :lol

gg's to BigJonsson and Dmorr, sorry we missed you RS4, we waited 10 minutes past 5:30... I'll be back on shortly and will be playing pretty much for the rest of the night for anyone else who wants to get some games in

RS4-

TheVisualizer said:
well after a few DNF wins and two actual ones Team 2 has managed to get back over 500% at 9-8 (9-5-3), I think technically we are on a 4 game winning streak :lol

gg's to BigJonsson and Dmorr, sorry we missed you RS4, we waited 10 minutes past 5:30... I'll be back on shortly and will be playing pretty much for the rest of the night for anyone else who wants to get some games in

Yeah no worries, I got caught up with stuff and couldn't edit my post :(

Congrats on the string of wins guys!

I'll be back on later for team 2 but one thing I've noticed quite a bit so far is opposing teams calling for passes from their down and out goalie, I know we did that a lot last year and got burned so just wait for the other team to do it and capitalize for easy goals

AND DO NOT EVER CALL FOR A PASS FROM THE GOALIE UNLESS THE OPPONENT IS FAR AWAY

Yea the soundtrack is hilarious

1. "Here I Stand" In Whispers
2. "Bottom Of The Well" Airbourne
3. "Your Betrayal" Bullet for My Valentine
4. "Dialectic Chaos" Megadeth
5. "Walk" Pantera
6. "Full of Regret" Danko Jones
7. "Twilight Zone" 2 Unlimited
8. "Strike It Up" Black Box
9. "Mama Taught Me Better" Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
10. "¡Olé!" The Bouncing Souls
11. "Sandstorm" Darude
12. "Shipping Up To Boston (Live)" Dropkick Murphys
13. "The Final Countdown" Europe
14. "Unstoppable" Foxy Shazam
15. "Blitzkrieg Bop" Ramones
16. "Howlin' For You" The Black Keys

Needs Journey

Kave_Man said:
The soundtrack is quite interesting this year...

Sandstorm...and that "ay o let's go" song.

I'm digging the soundtrack for the most part.

Hurray Team 1. I wanna play too!

Marvie_3

Banned
DoctorWho said:
Whatever game Marvie is in, it's going to hit 40 minutes. Pretty long EASHL game.
Just won in OT. Laserbitch got in the way of my badass slapshot, it bounced off him, and trickled in. Fuckin goal stealer.......

Just a note for anyone playing defense: You have to watch for cherrypickers and breakaways. That short side goal off a breakaway got us burned 5 times in one game earlier.

Note for everyone: We seem to be holding the puck way too long at times. We're turning it over a lot trying to do too much. Find the open guy and get a pass off.

LiveWire

ph33nix said:
I'll bet you're as terrible at NHL as you are at Madden

This coming from a guy who is 0-forever against me in Madden, with maybe a total of 4 wins in the league in the 2 (or maybe 3) seasons you lasted before quitting cause you sucked? :lol

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
GG games, I think we did pretty well considering we had 4 players to their 2.

A stunning OT loss 3-2. We were up 1 goal with 19 seconds left and then caught up the puck. :(

Highlight though had to be DoctorWho slamming into the boards on his own and injuring himself. :lol :lol

Marvie_3

Banned
Kave_Man said:
GG games, I think we did pretty well considering we had 4 players to their 2.

A stunning OT loss 3-2. We were up 1 goal with 19 seconds left and then caught up the puck. :(

Highlight though had to be DoctorWho slamming into the boards on his own and injuring himself. :lol :lol
We call that "pulling a purg3"

The live version of Shipping Out To Boston is fucking terrible.

Played this game for 12 hours straight at my buddys place yesterday. Fucking awesome title and clearly the best NHL yet.

I'll finally have it tomorrow, only problem is that I have to wait until like 5 or 6 to play it cause UPS delivers to my college late. :/

Fuck that first OT loss we played tonight was such a jip. Fucking AI goalie just passes it off to their team. We should have won that one.

EDIT: My self injuring was an example to all you kids out there of what not to do.

Not a bad night for myself. Two goals and one assist. I should have had more in that last game though.

Marvie_3

Banned
DoctorWho said:
Fuck that first OT loss we played tonight was such a jip. Fucking AI goalie just passes it off to their team. We should have won that one.

EDIT: My self injuring was an example to all you kids out there of what not to do.

Not a bad night for myself. Two goals and one assist. I should have had more in that last game though.
Not to sound like a dick, but the goalie only passes the puck out when someone calls for it. So someone on our team is responsible for that one.

Marvie_3 said:
Not to sound like a dick, but the goalie only passes the puck out when someone calls for it. So someone on our team is responsible for that one.

AI should know better than to listen to us button-mashing mouthbreeders in situations like that. :lol

Top Bottom