• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 11 EASHL Team (360)

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
Marvie_3 said:
Not to sound like a dick, but the goalie only passes the puck out when someone calls for it. So someone on our team is responsible for that one.
You brave heroes

Zakkath

Great games. We won another one after you left Marvie. I finally got my first goal too :D I got a few questions about controls though.

-How to do 1-timers ?
-Any tips for checking ? I have a hard time getting hard hits. Does pushing the stick quick hit harder ? I also found myself often crouching to hit with the new manual check control.
-Anyone found how to counter the between-the-legs face-off move ?

LiveWire said:
This coming from a guy who is 0-forever against me in Madden, with maybe a total of 4 wins in the league in the 2 (or maybe 3) seasons you lasted before quitting cause you sucked? :lol

I've played you I think once, and you've been involved in madden with those guys much longer...so talk about my "wins" but I bet you're real fucking proud of still sucking ass at the game year after year

and i loved your reaction after you beat CB for the first time ever. it was like a guy getting a date that he begged for

meanwhile my jersey is retired here. so you don't talk to a legend like that

GG's to everybody that I played with from Team 2, first time we had a full 6 man team in play, grinded out some tough victories to bring our team's record to (12-14), not bad after where we started yesterday with those 2 blowout losses

I'll be back on in about 30 mins if anyone wants to play some more

LiveWire

ph33nix said:
so you don't talk to a legend like that

Yea, a legendary joke in NHL, Madden and NBA leagues. :lol

But I digress, we should be talking hockey here, specifically short-side goals and the online douchebags who use them. :/

Also we should probably run a practice or two to plan our attack with Team 1's first line. We seem to do well enough to pass to each other on between the blue lines or on breakaways, but when we have the puck in the opposing zone we need to work on moving to open spots and calling for passes.

Marvie_3

Banned
LiveWire said:
2s0e1w7.jpg

LiveWire said:
But I digress, we should be talking hockey here, specifically short-side goals and the online douchebags who use them. :/

Also we should probably run a practice or two to plan our attack with Team 1's first line. We seem to do well enough to pass to each other on between the blue lines or on breakaways, but when we have the puck in the opposing zone we need to work on moving to open spots and calling for passes.
Short side stinks. :/

Some practices would be a good idea though. We need it. :lol

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I apologize for my shaky D at times last night. I felt like I improved as the night progressed though. I prefer playing LD much more than RD so unless there are conflicts, I would like to play there more often.

LiveWire said:

You weren't even in the NBA leagues so the fact that you're talking shit like that is hilarious. in fact i bet you don't even know what ever happened, you're just a spectator...like you are in madden

oh wait but you're a joke in that too. hope you enjoy the title of being the worst GM year after year

and I'm a legendary joke in the NHL league?
look on the OP

I hate to bring this up but do you have a play named after you called "Give ph33nix the puck and get out of the way"?

i didn't think so

btw wtf happened with peterboy? he wasn't on any of the original teams. nhl 11 is not the same without peterboy

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Hey is there any way to change the camera? I was getting so lost out there with the default one, most times I didn't even know where the puck was or if someone was sneaking up behind me.

Also my Axis brethren, I'll be good to play tonight between 5pm and 7pm eastern time, NFL season starts tonight so I can't miss that. :D

Just go into visual settings and change your camera to ICE.

Also, I fixed our abhorrent jerseys.

But then they returned back to the puke green monstrosities that Marvie designed. WTF?

DenogginizerOS said:
I apologize for my shaky D at times last night. I felt like I improved as the night progressed though. I prefer playing LD much more than RD so unless there are conflicts, I would like to play there more often.

You played pretty good last night, you can have LD permanently, I think I'm gonna switch from D-man to Center as I think it helps the team more to have me on the faceoffs, taking outlet passes, setting people up in the offensive zone, and just overall being a more dangerous scoring threat. I'll switch back to D if we ever have an overload of forwards online that want to play.

Fixed1979

DenogginizerOS said:

It's still early (training camps haven't even started yet), it'll probably be a week or so before everyone is in form.

After a miserable first game as a defenseman -- for which I humbly apologize -- I made a few switches to my skater type and attributes that have me back in old form. I'm going to be fooling around with everything a bit more to see what exactly the esoteric attributes really do.

On defense, it's important to be able to dish out tape-to-tape passes, but this year they've added a possibility (or probability...) that a harder pass isn't received. I _believe_ this has to do with offensive awareness, just as pass interceptions have to do with defensive awareness. Pass receiving may also have to do with hand-eye coordination, but I think that has specifically replaced deflections. Not sure.

Goalies also seem to give up fewer rebounds, but I think this is more than balanced out by the changes to the passing reliability and general puck stickiness. I think we'll score more goals if we focus less on flashy skating and passing, and more on setting up shots from the circles with a center or wing set up in front of the net. Marvie's game winner last night and a few subsequent goals are good examples.

Oh, and it was nice to beat that team that was murdering us in hits.

ALSO, don't forget to pin people to the boards. It's annoying as shit to have done to you.

LiveWire

dollartaco said:
Goalies also seem to give up fewer rebounds, but I think this is more than balanced out by the changes to the passing reliability and general puck stickiness. I think we'll score more goals if we focus less on flashy skating and passing, and more on setting up shots from the circles with a center or wing set up in front of the net. Marvie's game winner last night and a few subsequent goals are good examples.

Oh, and it was nice to beat that team that was murdering us in hits.

ALSO, don't forget to pin people to the boards. It's annoying as shit to have done to you.

Goalies don't seem to give up ANY rebounds. :lol. I have 80 slapshot power and it was like the puck disappeared into a black hole. Marvie was swooping in to get the rebound and...nothing. :(

Yea, that team that kept destroying us after the whistle, wtf? Shouldn't the refs be calling some of those? At the end of the 3rd period I just figured I should get in a fight to boost everyone's stats a bit.

After playing a lot of Starcraft, I am convinced that NHL (and all sports games) need a "gg" option. You shouldn't get a DNF% for backing out of a game where you're down 3-nil in the first period to cheese.

It's like getting pylon rushed in Starcraft and not scouting it early. Fuck it, I know I'm not going to win, so why wait until every single thing gets destroyed--just "gg" and get on with life. It's not like the other teams won't get the wins, they just won't get to pad their stats at my fun's expense.

Nozdeuce

dollartaco said:
On defense, it's important to be able to dish out tape-to-tape passes, but this year they've added a possibility (or probability...) that a harder pass isn't received. I _believe_ this has to do with offensive awareness, just as pass interceptions have to do with defensive awareness. Pass receiving may also have to do with hand-eye coordination, but I think that has specifically replaced deflections. Not sure.
According to the ingame help menu receptions are based on the passer's passing rating, the higher the better

Nozdeuce

SnakeswithLasers said:
Wait. There's an in-game help menu that tells you what stats affect what?
Yeah, for simplicities sake, press the Back button while in the edit attributes page, press Right Trigger twice to get to Player Ratings Info and then LB/RB to scroll through the different types. Some descriptions are really vague, offensive awareness helps you "find the back of the net"

Nozdeuce

dollartaco said:
What? What does that even mean?
Exactly

"Players in possession of high Offensive Awareness have good vision. Which improves their playmaking ability and a knack for finding the back of the net"

Tuner update today will:
Sept 9 (reducing exploits)
-Reduce effectiveness of sharp angle goalline shots
-Reduce effectiveness of slap shots in close
-Reduce effectiveness of push puck (V1.00 negates this change for offline play).

dollartaco said:
What? What does that even mean?

it means if you load up on your off awr rating regular shots will go in more often, if you have ever played as or against crosby, malkin and ovechkin in the game you will see this is action

there's a dice roll that happens everytime a shot is taken that weighs your ratings against the goalies along with the actual visual positioning of everything

Marvie_3

Banned
ph33nix said:
You weren't even in the NBA leagues so the fact that you're talking shit like that is hilarious. in fact i bet you don't even know what ever happened, you're just a spectator...like you are in madden

oh wait but you're a joke in that too. hope you enjoy the title of being the worst GM year after year

and I'm a legendary joke in the NHL league?
look on the OP

I hate to bring this up but do you have a play named after you called "Give ph33nix the puck and get out of the way"?

i didn't think so
Enough. Seriously.

2mffcrl.jpg

ph33nix said:
btw wtf happened with peterboy? he wasn't on any of the original teams. nhl 11 is not the same without peterboy
He doesn't have the game yet. He'll be on a roster as soon as he stops raping chicks and gets the game.

SnakeswithLasers said:
Also, I fixed our abhorrent jerseys.

But then they returned back to the puke green monstrosities that Marvie designed. WTF?
Their power cannot be denied.

dollartaco said:
For your consideration: http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/35069487

Happened in OTP. Notice the bounce and then the swat.
http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/35193282

Happened to me in Be A Pro.

SnakeswithLasers said:
Tuner update today will:
Now if it would stop looping games, I'd be happy with it.

The Fuck EA?

I was playing an offline UHL game tournament and the servers disconnected. I was booted out of the game. Had to restart the game and then was told that my reliability multiplyer would be reduced because I disconnected from a game. AN OFFLINE FUCKING GAME!

Marvie_3

Banned
DoctorWho said:
The Fuck EA?

I was playing an offline UHL game tournament and the servers disconnected. I was booted out of the game. Had to restart the game and then was told that my reliability multiplyer would be reduced because I disconnected from a game. AN OFFLINE FUCKING GAME!
Happened to me a bit ago too. If you get disconnected from the EA servers it borks your offline shit too.

Marvie_3 said:
Happened to me a bit ago too. If you get disconnected from the EA servers it borks your offline shit too.

Not too pleased about that. Couldn't it simply store the data it needed for the servers offline until the next time I was online?

DenogginizerOS said:

I played like shit when I tried LD so I'll stick to RD

Clogging passing lanes seemed to work well

Marvie_3

Banned
DoctorWho said:
Not too pleased about that. Couldn't it simply store the data it needed for the servers offline until the next time I was online?
I think it's offline HUT only but yeah, it's stupid.

Kave_Man said:
Looks like I need to up my balance. Yuri Wakabayashi was getting absolutely railroaded after ever pass he did.

I'd raise my fighting but I still believe me getting my ass handed to me was the motivation we needed to score those next two goals. :D

I think Proteus' charge into the boards and subsequent injury was a big wake up call to the team.

TheVisualizer said:
it means if you load up on your off awr rating regular shots will go in more often, if you have ever played as or against crosby, malkin and ovechkin in the game you will see this is action

there's a dice roll that happens everytime a shot is taken that weighs your ratings against the goalies along with the actual visual positioning of everything

Wait, that's some quantum physics shit right there. Your offensive awareness rating actually handicaps the goalie's skill? Or is my shooting accuracy is thrown out the window in favor of the will of the hockey gods?

dollartaco said:
I think Proteus' charge into the boards and subsequent injury was a big wake up call to the team.

Hey, I saw someone on the other team do it in the next game. Received an injury also. :lol

So are injuries meaningless in EASHL games? It showed me being taken off the ice but I was still playing come the next face off.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
BigJonsson said:
I played like shit when I tried LD so I'll stick to RD

Clogging passing lanes seemed to work well
For whatever reason, I see things better when I am lined up on the left. Plus, I am still adjusting to the movement and physics of this year's game and I need to reconsider some of my attributes.

DenogginizerOS said:
For whatever reason, I see things better when I am lined up on the left. Plus, I am still adjusting to the movement and physics of this year's game and I need to reconsider some of my attributes.

What type of D-man did you set up as? I'm Offensive with a focus on my passer rating, speed and slapshot

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
DoctorWho said:
Hey, I saw someone on the other team do it in the next game. Received an injury also. :lol

So are injuries meaningless in EASHL games? It showed me being taken off the ice but I was still playing come the next face off.

Looking at that link posted above, seems the injuries just lower some of your stats is all.

Kave_Man said:
Looking at that link posted above, seems the injuries just lower some of your stats is all.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it just lowers your stats for about half a period.

I want to know about endurance and using the hustle button. I have generally put points into acceleration, but if hustle gets my Dman up to top speed quickly, those points might better be spent in endurance or strength.

RS4-

I have to stop taking those awful tripping penalties and my usual bullshit call of driving someone into the boards for 2 :lol

Anyway I tend to try and park in front of the net; I usually dump it back to the point if someone is there when I'm along the boards, but I should just try to cycle it around the back if no one is around the net.

Team 2 I'll be on in about an hour, around 6pm est, and will probably be playing all night like I did last night

as far as attributes, I think a couple underrated ones are:

Balance - I think this is actually a lot more important than speed and accel this year since the pace of the game is slowed down, absorbing body checks and keeping the puck possession seems more important than outrunning people

Discipline - I do a shit ton of poke checking, pretty much a constant flurry of it as long as I'm in front of the puck handler as I think it's the by far the best way to defend. A high discipline rating has kept me from getting pretty much any tripping penalties. Should help body checkers too in avoiding the dreaded elbowing penalty that we seem to get all the time on Team 2.

Passing & Hand Eye - since passing is a lot more hit or miss this year, good ratings in both these attributes go along way to help you successfully make and receive passes.

Fixed1979

TheVisualizer said:
Team 2 I'll be on in about an hour, around 6pm est, and will probably be playing all night like I did last night

as far as attributes, I think a couple underrated ones are:

Balance - I think this is actually a lot more important than speed and accel this year since the pace of the game is slowed down, absorbing body checks and keeping the puck possession seems more important than outrunning people

Discipline - I do a shit ton of poke checking, pretty much a constant flurry of it as long as I'm in front of the puck handler as I think it's the by far the best way to defend. A high discipline rating has kept me from getting pretty much any tripping penalties. Should help body checkers too in avoiding the dreaded elbowing penalty that we seem to get all the time on Team 2.

Passing & Hand Eye - since passing is a lot more hit or miss this year, good ratings in both these attributes go along way to help you successfully make and receive passes.

I think I might make some changes to my skater, he's going much slower than he should be (speed?) and I seem to be knocked off the puck alot easier than I'd like(balance?).
Assuming I don't golf tonight I'll be on when I get off work.

RS4-

damn chumps, I want to unlock a slot by winning a HUT game and...this guy dc's with a few seconds up when I'm up a goal.

Terrible. Goddamn EA

sefskillz said:
team 2: will be on for a few games around 7est

aight

marvie i want to switch my number to 27, denogginizer can have 4 since hes a scott stevens fan, also prob gonna switch my primary position to center, but can play any position if we have a need, let me know if the number is alright i didnt see it taken in the list

Giard

RS4- said:
damn chumps, I want to unlock a slot by winning a HUT game and...this guy dc's with a few seconds up when I'm up a goal.

Terrible. Goddamn EA

Same thing happened to me :(

Top Bottom