• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 11 EASHL Team (360)

Not sure if I'll be on tonight. I've got no booze and I haven't played a single thing offline yet. Plus there's always homework I should be doing.... :(

So, I went to start up a Be a GM mode, and they don't have the rosters updated or what? Couldn't even find Modano at all in the free agents or on Dallas, and I am gonna do some offline tonight, then tomorrow I'll be game for some online play.

Decided to play 1 online versus quickmatch, I was Detroit, he was St. Louis, crushed him 6-1, also at the end I was looking at the replays and I lost connection after the game was over, hopefully the stats are saved.

RS4-

Zaraki, are you worried about changing attributes to your player and having it save? If you don't like the build, you can always re-roll until you're happy with what you have.

RS4- said:
Zaraki, are you worried about changing attributes to your player and having it save? If you don't like the build, you can always re-roll until you're happy with what you have.

I just hate being forced to autosave. It's a retardly stupid "feature". I guess this wasn't the game I was thinking of but other sports games have forced you to simulate to end if you want to quit but also autosaves. I quit a couple games half way through and it didn't record anything. Still stupid to not even give the option when every other year has.

RS4-

GGs guys, some of that was bullshit and that last game and a half I was lagging, I think my bro was downloading something

Marvie_3

Banned
Awesome OT win there. We were down 2 with about 5 minutes to go. I stole the puck and scored. Then a couple minutes later I tied it from the slot. Went to OT. Towards the end, DoctorWho was chasing a guy back into their end and the dude shoots it into his own net. :lol

BigJonsson said:
lost connection to EA servers

oh ok thought u might have rage quit, tough games tonight, i think im gonna stick with playing defensemen as my "experiment" moving to center hasnt worked out as well as i hoped

TheVisualizer said:
oh ok thought u might have rage quit, tough games tonight, i think im gonna stick with playing defensemen as my "experiment" moving to center hasnt worked out as well as i hoped

Haha no, I wouldn't do that in an EASHL game

I might be better off playing forward in games where we only have 2 people

BigJonsson said:
Haha no, I wouldn't do that in an EASHL game

I might be better off playing forward in games where we only have 2 people

i just havent played much as a forward so far and dont have my rhythm yet, i get caught up setting screens in the offensive zone rather then playmaking

next time u are on i want show you something in practice mode about positioning in the defensive zone if you dont mind, ive found an almost foolproof rotation on d to completely shutdown the other team. i want to show our other defensemen too. if anyone on either team is interested let me know.

Marvie_3

Banned
TheVisualizer said:
i just havent played much as a forward so far and dont have my rhythm yet, i get caught up setting screens in the offensive zone rather then playmaking

next time u are on i want show you something in practice mode about positioning in the defensive zone if you dont mind, ive found an almost foolproof rotation on d to completely shutdown the other team. i want to show our other defensemen too. if anyone on either team is interested let me know.
I'm interested in this myself. Might help us actually win an overtime game for once. I'm sick of pulling last minute heroics out of my ass only to get burned in OT. :lol

BigJonsson said:
awesome

I really need to stop shooting so much :lol

I think it depends how you're shooting more than anything. I shoot over passing sometimes if I go wide and low because I know the goalie will kick out a rebound that will put the person driving to the net with a better chance than if I just passed.

Edit: I would have though my hits and blocked shots are higher. Every time there's a big hit on my team they just assume it was me. :lol

Marvie_3

Banned
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
I think it depends how you're shooting more than anything. I shoot over passing sometimes if I go wide and low because I know the goalie will kick out a rebound that will put the person driving to the net with a better chance than if I just passed.

Edit: I would have though my hits and blocked shots are higher. Every time there's a big hit on my team they just assume it was me. :lol
I played as a grinder last night for a bit and I just started leveling guys. The checking starts out at 70. It was awesome. :D

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
TheVisualizer said:

I'd definitely be interested in this too. Shame though I won't be online again until possibly Saturday late night. :(

Marvie_3

Banned
LiveWire said:
So have we all agreed to erase our characters, start new ones and put all our points into shot accuracy?
I was gonna put all mine in checking. :(

I do think we should experiment with the low angle stick blades.

LiveWire

Marvie_3 said:
I was gonna put all mine in checking. :(

I do think we should experiment with the low angle stick blades.

Yea I have to experiment with those settings. Another dozen games or so and I unlock the Pro card, should put me up near 75 OVR, gonna dump it all into passing/puck control stats. Far too many times I see my guy lose the puck. Hopefully it will help on faceoffs too, I was getting dominated last night. :(

Marvie_3 said:
I couldn't sleep and got bored, so I updated the whole records section in the OP. :lol

Damn...good job

The stats are misleading as this game slanders my damn good name, I block at least 20 shots a game but they are all standing blocks where I get in the way of the puck without pressing the shot block button and they don't give me any credit and my giveaways are astronomical because I poke check a lot and whenever I accidentally poke check a loose puck they call it a giveaway

Marvie_3

Banned
TheVisualizer said:
Damn...good job

The stats are misleading as this game slanders my damn good name, I block at least 20 shots a game but they are all standing blocks where I get in the way of the puck without pressing the shot block button and they don't give me any credit and my giveaways are astronomical because I poke check a lot and whenever I accidentally poke check a loose puck they call it a giveaway
I'll try to keep it updated weekly. Now that everything is filled in, it'll just be copy/pasting and changing numbers. Much faster now.

It doesn't count OTP numbers either, otherwise my numbers would look a LOT better. I've scored ~25 goals total already if you count the 15 or so OTP games I've played. :lol

Repgnar

LiveWire said:
What's OTP? Drop-in games?

This is my first time playing EASHL so someone may want to double check what I say but I believe OTP refers to Online Team Play. From what i've read OTP contributes towards your total games played with your pro so if no one is on you can hop into these games and still work towards your various card levels. There's like 3 different Online team plays, one of which is NHL roster, another with your actual online pro, then drop in games which i'm not sure contribute towards your game count. I know for sure that if you access Online Team Play by going to Xbox Live -> Community -> Lobby -> Game Modes -> then pick an online team play lobby you can get into games. Like I said, i'm still figuring out a lot of the online things so I dunno if this is completely right.

I got a question about these boost packs/slots. People have been saying that a lot of the slots are easy to unlock in a couple days. Are people simming for these or am I missing something? The boost packs, looks like these would help early on for stats but do these simply replace your slots by giving you predetermined stat boosts? Do the slots work like stats, allowing you to move attribute boosts freely without locking it into a gear slot?

Dmorr07 said:
This is my first time playing EASHL so someone may want to double check what I say but I believe OTP refers to Online Team Play. From what i've read OTP contributes towards your total games played with your pro so if no one is on you can hop into these games and still work towards your various card levels. There's like 3 different Online team plays, one of which is NHL roster, another with your actual online pro, then drop in games which i'm not sure contribute towards your game count. I know for sure that if you access Online Team Play by going to Xbox Live -> Community -> Lobby -> Game Modes -> then pick an online team play lobby you can get into games. Like I said, i'm still figuring out a lot of the online things so I dunno if this is completely right.

I got a question about these boost packs/slots. People have been saying that a lot of the slots are easy to unlock in a couple days. Are people simming for these or am I missing something? The boost packs, looks like these would help early on for stats but do these simply replace your slots by giving you predetermined stat boosts? Do the slots work like stats, allowing you to move attribute boosts freely without locking it into a gear slot?

Not sure about the simming, I know a good number of the boost slots are unlocked by playing 1, 2 or 3 seasons in offline Be A Pro and winning end of year awards. I actually bought one of the boost packs but didn't like how the points were distributed so I disabled it, it locks your stats to certain numbers, made me an 80 overall defensive defensivemen but you can't upgrade your attributes anymore after the boost pack is applied with XP or boost slots on your equipment.

Slots are the way to go, you can pick and choose what attribute modifiers to add (you have to have the modifiers unlocked as well as the slots) and you can move points freely and also upgrade once you get XP from achieving new cards (I have the pro card now for playing 30 games). Hope that answers some of your questions.

Marvie_3

Banned
You can't sim the whole thing to get the boosts. If you look at the unlock requirements, you have to play at least 40 games that season to unlock things.

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
Sim each game until the last 5 minutes of the 3rd and intervene, set shooting to max, goalie to low, penalties to off (for fight spamming) and away you go

LiveWire

Ah OK. Drop-in Game DO count towards unlocking cards, I've verified that. Didn't know I could use my EASHL Pro offline...I tried going into Be A Pro Mode direct from the main menu and when I went to "LOAD" my guy did not show up.

I may have also sucked ass last night because I didn't realize I levelled up and all my stats went back to their original levels =/

Marvie_3

Banned
BigJonsson said:
I may have also sucked ass last night because I didn't realize I levelled up and all my stats went back to their original levels =/
Yeah....the game makes you shoot ~2%. ;) :lol

Laserbot, you'll be happy to know that I was playing around with the jerseys. I didn't change them yet but I have some ideas. I'll probably just leave them alone though. :D

Marvie_3 said:
Yeah....the game makes you shoot ~2%. ;) :lol

Laserbot, you'll be happy to know that I was playing around with the jerseys. I didn't change them yet but I have some ideas. I'll probably just leave them alone though. :D

Yea, thats my excuse :lol

Top Bottom