• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 11 EASHL Team (360)

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
It was that way last year too wasn't it?

Maybe?

We lost our first like 12 games, and I was negative a billion. So many bull shit goals that I just stopped playing :( This year were still losing a lot, but its a lot of one goal games.

Do they purposefully nerf you're guy in be a pro compared to your online self? I seriously can't do shit offline and it makes it boring as all hell.

Edit: WTF, they give me a 95% of making the team and then I'm injured for 2 weeks? This is so stupid.

zsswimmer

Marvie_3 said:
Anybody know the gamertag 'zsswimmer'? I've gotten two separate join requests and have no idea who it is.
LOL I was drinking yesterday (or whatever the day was when I sent the invite), sorry about the numerous requests, I was pissed off after playing some garbage OTP games, and I saw a couple of GAF team results and sent invites to both of em. Anyways, I really like playing defense but its not fun in OTP and I've only played for a club once before and the experience was so much better.

zsswimmer said:
LOL I was drinking yesterday (or whatever the day was when I sent the invite), sorry about the numerous requests, I was pissed off after playing some garbage OTP games, and I saw a couple of GAF team results and sent invites to both of em. Anyways, I really like playing defense but its not fun in OTP and I've only played for a club once before and the experience was so much better.

Cool, I'm sure someone will add you today then.

zsswimmer said:
Sweet, I didn't know if there were any requirements to join. I love playing defense in EASHL games.

Not really, everyones is welcome. It was just more confusing at the multiple requests and never hearing of the person before.:lol

zsswimmer

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Not really, everyones is welcome. It was just more confusing at the multiple requests and never hearing of the person before.:lol
Yeah I don't know why I decided to send so many requests :lol, but I've been disappointed at playing otp with puck hogging forwards and wanted to actually have some fun.

Marvie_3

Banned
zsswimmer said:
You're going to fit in real well here. :lol

Marvie_3

Banned
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
I was going to reply with that but decided not to. :lol Do you have a preference what team to put him on?
I'll add him to Team 1 for now. We have more players but it seems like you guys have players that are on more often.

zsswimmer

Cool, thanks guys. I don't know how much Ill be on today. College + College Football + Sharkfights mma tonight so I'll be pretty booked. Tomorrow should be good though :D

Marvie_3

Banned
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Sounds good.

How does scotch compare to whiskey?
Scotch and whiskey are the same thing. Scotch is just the term for whiskey from Scotland.

Note to any lurkers: If you want to play with our clubs, please post in here when you send your join requests. It'll be less hassle for the GMs if we know you're a GAFer and don't have to try to figure out who you are. :lol

Marvie_3 said:
Scotch and whiskey are the same thing. Scotch is just the term for whiskey from Scotland.

Note to any lurkers: If you want to play with our clubs, please post in here when you send your join requests. It'll be less hassle for the GMs if we know you're a GAFer and don't have to try to figure out who you are. :lol

Well that's lame. :/

Marvie_3

Banned
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Well that's lame. :/
Relatively speaking of course. There are different ways of distilling them and different ones are made with either corn or barley, but fundamentally, they're pretty much the same.

Now I want to go buy a bottle of Yoichi but its expensive as hell.

Marvie_3 said:
Relatively speaking of course. There are different ways of distilling them and different ones are made with either corn or barley, but fundamentally, they're pretty much the same.

Now I want to go buy a bottle of Yoichi but its expensive as hell.

I just tried my first whiskey last night which was Tullamore Dew. All it did was bring back the heartburn from my stomach problems. :lol

:(

Edit: Holy fuck you have expensive tastes. :lol

Marvie_3

Banned
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
I just tried my first whiskey last night which was Tullamore Dew. All it did was bring back the heartburn from my stomach problems. :lol

:(

Edit: Holy fuck you have expensive tastes. :lol
I didn't say I was going to but it. Just that I want to buy some. :lol

I've only had Tullamore once but I don't remember it. :lol

Marvie_3

Banned
dollartaco said:
TAPTAPTAPTAPTPTAPTAPTAPTAPTAPTAPTAPTAPTAPTAPTAPTAPTAPTAPTAPTAPTAPTAPTAPTAPTAPTAPTAPTAPTAPTAPTAPTAP
I wish they'd patch that sound out. :lol

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Doesn't that apply to pretty much everything with you? :lol
I actually have a very good memory. Its just hard to remember all the randoms types of alcohol I've had over the years. :lol

Marvie_3 said:
I wish they'd patch that sound out. :lol

I actually have a very good memory. Its just hard to remember all the randoms types of alcohol I've had over the years. :lol

I only like the sound at times so you know if a shitty pass was from someone calling for the puck or just the CPU being stupid as usual. That sound does get annoying after a while though. :lol

Mrbob

Man this sounds like so much fun. :( I still want to get in but I don't know when I'm gonna pick up the game now. I will get it but at the moment I just don't have time to commit to it.

After playing some offline be a pro, thank god they fixed the EXP distribution. Topping out at 20 Exp no matter how many points/goals you had in a game last year were painful. Glad to see it gives you more based on your actual performance.

Marvie_3

Banned
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Why don't you fix it then? Or are you still broke from buying jeans?
2z6x9jt.jpg

Marvie_3

Banned
Anybody that plays defense for either team should hop in and learn Viz's defensive style. I think it works well and it would really help.

Marvie_3 said:
Anybody that plays defense for either team should hop in and learn Viz's defensive style. I think it works well and it would really help.
His defensive style is carry it into the zone instead of passing to your forwards. :lol

RS4-

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
How do you level your online then?

EASHL -> My Pro -> Edit Attributes.
or
Main Menu -> My Pro -> Edit attributes

You'll know you're in the right area when your XP ends in multiples of 10; nothing like your offline BAP that gets something like 137xp and whatnot.

RS4- said:
EASHL -> My Pro -> Edit Attributes.
or
Main Menu -> My Pro -> Edit attributes

You'll know you're in the right area when your XP ends in multiples of 10; nothing like your offline BAP that gets something like 137xp and whatnot.

No, I mean how do you gain exp for your online guy?

Marvie_3

Banned
zsswimmer, what jersey number do you want? OP has all the ones that are taken so far.

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
How do you level your online then?
The requirements are in the performance tracker. Each upgrade card has different requirements:
Amateur - 1 game played (OTP, EASHL, drop-in games only)
Rookie - 10 games played with a C- grade overall
Professional - 30 games played with a C grade overall
Veteran - 60 games and a B- overall
Superstar - 100 games and a B overall
Legend - 150 games with an A- overall

Since the legend cards are such a pain in the ass to get, we'll boost for them like a few of us did last year. Fuck EA and their shitty grading system. It's annoying to play well only to get grades dragged down by playing against assholes.

Marvie_3 said:
The requirements are in the performance tracker. Each upgrade card has different requirements:
Amateur - 1 game played (OTP, EASHL, drop-in games only)
Rookie - 10 games played with a C- grade overall
Professional - 30 games played with a C grade overall
Veteran - 60 games and a B- overall
Superstar - 100 games and a B overall
Legend - 150 games with an A- overall

Since the legend cards are such a pain in the ass to get, we'll boost for them like a few of us did last year. Fuck EA and their shitty grading system. It's annoying to play well only to get grades dragged down by playing against assholes.

But that's only in EASHL games right? Do drop in games count? Or any online game gives you exp for your online guy? And hockey equipment unlocks work online if you unlock offline and vise versa or are they separate also?

Marvie_3

Banned
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
But that's only in EASHL games right? Do drop in games count? Or any online game gives you exp for your online guy? And hockey equipment unlocks work online if you unlock offline and vise versa or are they separate also?
Notice where I said (OTP, EASHL, and drop-in games only)? ;)

Boosts/equipment that you unlock is available for both your offline and online players.

Marvie_3 said:
Notice where I said (OTP, EASHL, and drop-in games only)? ;)

Boosts/equipment that you unlock is available for both your offline and online players.

Notice where I said fuck you Marvie! :mad:
Thanks for the help. <3

Damn, so I was under the wrong assumption this whole time. No wonder I sucked so bad last year. Sorry team. :(

I guess I'll play offline some more to try and unlock boost slots and stuff. I don't really like playing with randoms especially if you have to keep stats at certain levels to unlock.

Marvie_3

Banned
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Notice where I said fuck you Marvie! :mad:
Thanks for the help. <3

Damn, so I was under the wrong assumption this whole time. No wonder I sucked so bad last year. Sorry team. :(

I guess I'll play offline some more to try and unlock boost slots and stuff. I don't really like playing with randoms especially if you have to keep stats at certain levels to unlock.
Keeping a B is easy. It's getting that A- that's a total bitch. That's why we just scammed it last year. Stat and team play grades kept getting crushed because of all the glitching scrubs online so we just said fuck it.

Marvie_3 said:
Keeping a B is easy. It's getting that A- that's a total bitch. That's why we just scammed it last year. Stat and team play grades kept getting crushed because of all the glitching scrubs online so we just said fuck it.

Well, I'm at a B- or something right now. And WTF at the boost slots... Do they seriously expect people to buy them? There's like literally no way to unlock them unless you buy them, they're convoluted as all fuck.

Marvie_3

Banned
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Well, I'm at a B- or something right now. And WTF at the boost slots... Do they seriously expect people to buy them? There's like literally no way to unlock them unless you buy them, they're convoluted as all fuck.
Most of them are just time consuming to unlock. There's a few that are a bitch but they're not nearly as bad as last years unlocks.

Marvie_3 said:
Most of them are just time consuming to unlock. There's a few that are a bitch but they're not nearly as bad as last years unlocks.

Ya, I've already given up on trying to unlock anything. Anything I do will have to be by accident. :lol

Marvie_3

Banned
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Ya, I've already given up on trying to unlock anything. Anything I do will have to be by accident. :lol
They aren't that bad. Most of them are unlocked by compiling numbers. Last year had shit like "Get 15 shutouts in a row in EASHL".

Top Bottom