• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 11 EASHL Team (360)

Marvie_3 said:
They aren't that bad. Most of them are unlocked by compiling numbers. Last year had shit like "Get 15 shutouts in a row in EASHL".

But that's what I mean. If they happen along the way, they happen along the way but I'm not going to grind to 300 blocked shots or something for a stupid boost. Just sucks too because you know other people already bought it making the playing field really uneven.

Marvie_3

Banned
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
But that's what I mean. If they happen along the way, they happen along the way but I'm not going to grind to 300 blocked shots or something for a stupid boost. Just sucks too because you know other people already bought it making the playing field really uneven.
The fact that you can buy these boosts is dumb. It would be ncie if EA would use that money to hire a few extra people for the NHL development team.

Marvie_3 said:
The fact that you can buy these boosts is dumb. It would be ncie if EA would use that money to hire a few extra people for the NHL development team.

How will they afford their meager bonuses each year that way? :lol

I hope people start coming on soon so I can start drinking.

SCREW YOU STUPID PEOPLE WHO QUIT OUT OF SHOOTOUTS BECAUSE YOU ARE ABOUT TO LOSE AND SCREW ME OUT OF MY ACHIEVEMENT, SCREW YOU.

2 IN A ROW!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marvie_3

Banned
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
So you can never boost your stats?
As I said on the last page, you have to earn the cards to unlock more attribute points for your player:

Amateur - 1 game played (OTP, EASHL, drop-in games only)
Rookie - 10 games played with a C- grade overall
Professional - 30 games played with a C grade overall
Veteran - 60 games and a B- overall
Superstar - 100 games and a B overall
Legend - 150 games with an A- overall

The EXP point thing is only for your offline Be A Pro.

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
So you can never boost your stats?
You get exp to spend on your stats by leveling up, you do so by meeting various progressive requirements outlined in the performance tracker. The first level up comes after playing your 10th EASHL/OTP game. The next is at 30 games played. There's also a player rating for all of these, which is negligible until the A- needed for the last level up

Marvie_3 said:
As I said on the last page, you have to earn the cards to unlock more attribute points for your player:

Amateur - 1 game played (OTP, EASHL, drop-in games only)
Rookie - 10 games played with a C- grade overall
Professional - 30 games played with a C grade overall
Veteran - 60 games and a B- overall
Superstar - 100 games and a B overall
Legend - 150 games with an A- overall

The EXP point thing is only for your offline Be A Pro.

This might be the stupidest way of doing stats ever. Everyone is in the 70s while I'm still stuck at 69.

Marvie_3

Banned
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Doesn't make this way good. Totally starting to kill my desire to even play this.
Then don't play anymore. I actually like that you gradually build your player. I hate that people can buy boosts though.

Repgnar

Yea, each rank should give you a set amount of points. I think I had like 900 points for each category with the pro card I believe. Just make sure you get some games in every other day and you'll game count will start accumulating. Doesn't have to be EASHL league games, lobby OTP/Drop in should count towards the game total. We didn't have too much luck tonight and when we did get the lead the other team disconnected. Good games though, I was getting a lot of body checks off for some reason tonight and only went to the penalty box like once or twice. Just gotta work on my turnovers now.

Dmorr07 said:
Yea, each rank should give you a set amount of points. I think I had like 900 points for each category with the pro card I believe. Just make sure you get some games in every other day and you'll game count will start accumulating. Doesn't have to be EASHL league games, lobby OTP/Drop in should count towards the game total. We didn't have too much luck tonight and when we did get the lead the other team disconnected. Good games though, I was getting a lot of body checks off for some reason tonight and only went to the penalty box like once or twice. Just gotta work on my turnovers now.

OTP is pretty unbearable for me after playing EASHL.

Repgnar

I know what ya mean. TAPTAPTAPTAPTAPTAPTAPTAP. Some games are gonna be like that but those games also lack any form of defense making the break away a common occurence which can make up for it.

Dmorr07 said:
I know what ya mean. TAPTAPTAPTAPTAPTAPTAPTAP. Some games are gonna be like that but those games also lack any form of defense making the break away a common occurence which can make up for it.

Ya, now TAPTAPTAPTAPTAP you brought that up TAPTAPTAPTAPTAP, it bothers me TAPTAPTAPTAPTAP more than it did TAPTAPTAPTAPTAPTAP before so I muted myTAPTAPTAPTAPTAPTAPTAP TV.

Marvie_3

Banned
Just smoked Pittsburgh 9-2(I had 8 goals) offline. Tried to fight that punk bitch Crosby. Naturally he wouldn't and Rupp stepped in for him. Fuckin smoked him. Injured Crosby later in the game with a deflected slapshot off his face. Now he's out like 8 weeks. :lol

I've got a question again about the ranking... When it says say 60 games with a B- or whatever, does that mean I need have 60 games where I ended the game with a B- or better or does it mean I just need to have a B- once I hit 60 games and as a result could get a result of a B- earlier but still count towards my 60 games. I'm assuming it's the latter but just want to make sure.

Marvie_3

Banned
sefskillz said:
I thought it was a b- average over 60 games? Might be 60 games with at least b-
It's not. Once you hit 60 games, you just need to have your overall average at a B- for one game.

Edit: That's not a B- average in one game, but your long term average found in the Performance Tracker. If the average drops back down to a C+ after the next game, you still have your card unlocked.

Marvie_3 said:
It's not. Once you hit 60 games, you just need to have your overall average at a B- for one game.

Edit: That's not a B- average in one game, but your long term average found in the Performance Tracker. If the average drops back down to a C+ after the next game, you still have your card unlocked.

Good. But how the hell do you even get an A- average? That seems fucking impossible.

Marvie_3

Banned
Here's a few pointers for getting an A-:

IqOwt.jpg

BZCHj.jpg

p4tXE.jpg

bumpkin

Hey there... Is there any room on either team for another player? I want to give the league a whirl, but would prefer to hook up with familiar faces (figuratively speaking) than strangers if possible. :D

Marvie_3

Banned
bumpkin said:
Hey there... Is there any room on either team for another player? I want to give the league a whirl, but would prefer to hook up with familiar faces (figuratively speaking) than strangers if possible. :D
Yeah, there's plenty of room. What's your gamertag and preferred jersey number?

dollartaco said:
Yea, we can play against an AI team. Need two players.

Cool, I do have a friend I know that want's to play, he doesn't have a team and is a pretty good goalie, idk if it would be cool if we could get him an invite, he's picking up 11 today.

Top Bottom