• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 11 EASHL Team (360)

Marvie_3

Banned
dollartaco said:
Yea, we can play against an AI team. Need two players.
You can also play on empty ice with no AI. You can practice those awesome one timer slap shots. :lol

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Well you're sure as hell not doing it! :lol
Sorry I don't check this thread every 30 seconds.

CrazedArabMan said:
Cool, I do have a friend I know that want's to play, he doesn't have a team and is a pretty good goalie, idk if it would be cool if we could get him an invite, he's picking up 11 today.
Great. Another racist Red Wings fan.

bumpkin said:
Crud. :( 10 is my main number. Is 36 or 9 available?
9 is gone. 36 is available though.

Marvie_3 said:
You can also play on empty ice with no AI. You can practice those awesome one timer slap shots. :lol

Sorry I don't check this thread every 30 seconds.

Great. Another racist Red Wings fan.

9 is gone. 36 is available though.

On second thought, maybe #9 isn't taken..... :lol

Marvie_3 said:
The only Wings games you ever finish watching are ones they win. If they start losing you quit watching. If they start winning you turn the game back on.

I live in Minnesota. The Vikings have the worst fair weather fans in all of sports. I can practically smell them now.

However, I still support them even when they are losing, and I don't do that for every game, also I'm not even close to a bandwaggon fan.

bumpkin said:
Alright, I'll take 36 then!

So what do I have to do now? Do I search for a certain club to join or will you be sending an invite of sorts?

We can send you an invite. Also, what position do you play?

Marvie do you want him on your team or team 2?

bumpkin

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
We can send you an invite. Also, what position do you play?

Marvie do you want him on your team or team 2?
Right now my pro is a right winger, but I have no specific preference. Do the positions really matter? I typically just go with the flow during games.

bumpkin

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
I never saw a response to your question about which team I'm on... Am I on team 2? I haven't booted up the game to check for an invite.

If so, I can probably hop on for a game in a bit. It's 5:40pm right now my time. When did you guys want to play?

bumpkin said:
I never saw a response to your question about which team I'm on... Am I on team 2? I haven't booted up the game to check for an invite.

If so, I can probably hop on for a game in a bit. It's 5:40pm right now my time. When did you guys want to play?

I was waiting on Marvie to see if Team 1 needs people or if you should go to Team 2. And position matters a little depending on how you decide to fill out your stats for your online guy and if what ever position you pick when you're in the lobby you should play.

bumpkin

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
I was waiting on Marvie to see if Team 1 needs people or if you should go to Team 2. And position matters a little depending on how you decide to fill out your stats for your online guy and if what ever position you pick when you're in the lobby you should play.
When I was searching for the heck of it, it does tell how many members there are. It could be checked that way, right?

bumpkin said:
When I was searching for the heck of it, it does tell how many members there are. It could be checked that way, right?

Sort of. The last person we put on team 1 because they weren't haven't people on as regularly as team 2 so I wanted to see if Team 1 was coming on more regularly.

RS4-

Lol this drop in game, team scores 6 goals in a 5 min game misconduct :lol

7/12 on the PP

edit - lol tripped a guy up on a breakaway, he goes down but slides into the net taking the puck with him. Goal goes up for review and no good :lol :lol

bumpkin

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
IT'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWN. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Is the OP accurate/current? It looks as though team 2 has fewer left wingers than team 1. Can I just join your team/club and fill a LW spot?

bumpkin said:
Is the OP accurate/current? It looks as though team 2 has fewer left wingers than team 1. Can I just join your team/club and fill a LW spot?

Sure, I guess Marvie is drunk again so I'll send you an invite now.

Team 2 want to start playing soon? I see a couple people are on already.

Edit: Ok, sent you an invite. You just have to accept.

bumpkin

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Sure, I guess Marvie is drunk again so I'll send you an invite now.

Team 2 want to start playing soon? I see a couple people are on already.
Alright, I'll keep my eyes peeled for the invite.

How many games do you guys typically play when you meet-up? I can probably play around 9 (it's 8:30 my time right now).

bumpkin said:
Alright, I'll keep my eyes peeled for the invite.

How many games do you guys typically play when you meet-up? I can probably play around 9 (it's 8:30 my time right now).

It should already be there under the club section online.

bumpkin

Got it. I'm on and hanging out in the club "play game" lobby.

I also updated my position (LW) and number (36). I'm ready to rumble! :D

bumpkin

Ugh, sorry... Had to bail.

In other news, I suck at this game against other people apparently... Felt like I could only consistently try to set up a play only to bungle it. I think my presence hurts more than it helps. :(

GG's Team 2, I sucked tonight, only managed 1 point and 1 win in like 8 games and that was a double OT win against a team of 2 players that apparently put their controllers down halfway thru the game and stopped playing, was a sad sight for sure...

bumpkin, welcome aboard, don't worry about your performance tonight, no one was really on-point. Noticed your defense was solid but you need to work on staying onsides more than anything.

As a team I think we are too predictable on offense right now and not creating better scoring chances. We like most teams rely too much on bringing the puck up the ice then cutting back inside the slot for that long wrister and hoping a rebound goes our way. I think it couldn't hurt to try to work some back and forth on the walls and behind the net to get the D moving once in awhile. I'll be on tomorrow afternoon and evening EST time if anyone wants to play then.

RS4-

There are times we do get a good cycle game going but...then we don't have anyone in front of the net.

I think our problem is getting the puck inside; when we do dump, we have a pretty good forecheck going. Or if we're going up the ice with numbers, we make those close passes instead of taking it in/dumping which cause the offsides. We could always take it up, then cut back a bit to create space and hopefully have someone on the weak side to take it in as well.

RS4- said:
There are times we do get a good cycle game going but...then we don't have anyone in front of the net.

I think our problem is getting the puck inside; when we do dump, we have a pretty good forecheck going. Or if we're going up the ice with numbers, we make those close passes instead of taking it in/dumping which cause the offsides. We could always take it up, then cut back a bit to create space and hopefully have someone on the weak side to take it in as well.

Yeah you guys are pretty solid on the forecheck, I'm honestly surprised we don't get better scoring opportunities off it. I agree that getting across the blueline has been a problem and that dump and chase might be something we should be doing a lot more of since it doesn't seem like we have many players who are comfortable handling/dangling the puck and making people miss. Next game that we have 3+ players I think we should make a coordinated effort with the dump and chase. We have to verbally communicate it before we get to center ice and pick a direction for the dump. Our forecheck can take care of the rest.

Another area I've noticed that could use some improvement is people (forwards in particular) getting open in the offensive zone. There seems to be too much standing around and either setting screens or waiting for rebounds. Everyone should be constantly readjusting their position to open areas trying to help the puckhandler by "flashing" to open areas. One of these open areas we never seem to work is behind the net. A lot of good scoring chances can be created if the middle wasn't so cluttered which would allow players off the puck to start making more diagonal cuts towards the net.

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
Don't get too caught up in set plays and cycling and trying to be a good team player by making the "proper" pass instead of the potential goal scoring shot. Playing as a Two Way Forward I really like it when people pass the puck and move around my end, it just means someone is for sure going to get run over and force a turnover. If they shoot it though they might well score.

Personally I've had to completely change the way I play from nhl10. Last year I was a sniper and just did glitched wristers, but now I'm having trouble. By the time I get the goalie to move enough to open the corner for my wrister, I get absolutely flattened. If I try to cut across the slot, I get nudged just enough to fuckup my shot and send me gliding away from the play. So now to be useful I play as a Two Way Forward, with high strength, speed, body checking, wrist shot accuracy and power. Now I just run people over and force turnovers and for the most part get garbage goals, though today I did flatten someone coming across his blue line took the puck weaved around the defense and netted a wrister.

Marvie_3

Banned
Nozdeuce said:
Don't get too caught up in set plays and cycling and trying to be a good team player by making the "proper" pass instead of the potential goal scoring shot. Playing as a Two Way Forward I really like it when people pass the puck and move around my end, it just means someone is for sure going to get run over and force a turnover. If they shoot it though they might well score.

Personally I've had to completely change the way I play from nhl10. Last year I was a sniper and just did glitched wristers, but now I'm having trouble. By the time I get the goalie to move enough to open the corner for my wrister, I get absolutely flattened. If I try to cut across the slot, I get nudged just enough to fuckup my shot and send me gliding away from the play. So now to be useful I play as a Two Way Forward, with high strength, speed, body checking, wrist shot accuracy and power. Now I just run people over and force turnovers and for the most part get garbage goals, though today I did flatten someone coming across his blue line took the puck weaved around the defense and netted a wrister.
Fuckin glitcher......

Its too tempting to try and do it all yourself
But try to at least set yourself up for a pass in a shooting area when someone is dragging 3 defenders with them as they cut into the zone on one side

Is team 2 playing now? I just got home :)

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
Marvie_3 said:
Fuckin glitcher......
Best of both worlds, get to hear the crowd boo me for injuring one of their players, and still have wristing potential :D

WHAT THE FUCK

THIS DUDE IS USING 2 GOALIES IN HUT ONLINE

And the game is laggy as fuck, thank god it dropped

Fucking EA doesn't have a way to end the game because of cheating =/

Top Bottom