• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 11 EASHL Team (360)

Marvie_3

Banned
DenogginizerOS said:
Good games last night Team 2!

As for making one big team, we may
run into issues on the weekends where people will be waiting to play due to more than 6 online. We can try it, but Team 2 has had 3-4 together pretty regularly. The way we were playing last night makes me think we are starting to gel. I hope we can maintain that chemistry with a bigger team.
We'll be fine.

DenogginizerOS said:
I like the new Philadelphia Eagles green jerseys. Can we incorporate that color into our jerseys?
I made these awhile back. Not quite the same green but its close.
rYitC.jpg

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Marvie_3 said:
If you really think we're a group of overrated underachievers with a fat, loud mouthed coach, then yes. Yes we can.
You think you are hurting me? You speak the truth! :/

How about purple and yellow jerseys with the viking logo?

Or you could add some red to those green jerseys and have the demon/devil as a logo.

DenogginizerOS said:
Good games last night Team 2!

As for making one big team, we may
run into issues on the weekends where people will be waiting to play due to more than 6 online. We can try it, but Team 2 has had 3-4 together pretty regularly. The way we were playing last night makes me think we are starting to gel. I hope we can maintain that chemistry with a bigger team.

worst case scenario, the guys waiting can all jump into a drop-in game or practice together, if it becomes a problem we will have to set some ground rules like if someone is waiting and is in the dressing room at the start of the next game then they are guaranteed a spot and someone else will have to step out for a game

Marvie_3

Banned
TheVisualizer said:
worst case scenario, the guys waiting can all jump into a drop-in game or practice together, if it becomes a problem we will have to set some ground rules like if someone is waiting and is in the dressing room at the start of the next game then they are guaranteed a spot and someone else will have to step out for a game
I think sticking to one position is more important than ever now as well. The first couple weeks are always absolute chaos with this game but if we really want to gel, we need to play smart, positional hockey.

Anybody tried out the new tuner yet?

oh yeah Marvie I'm changing my number again (technically I never changed it from #4 yet), I'm using #44 from now on in honor of my boy Kimmo Timonen. I can't play another game in #4 as I am disrespecting Scott Stevens with my lack of big hits. So #4 is available for anyone that wants it.

bumpkin

TheVisualizer said:
oh yeah Marvie I'm changing my number again (technically I never changed it from #4 yet), I'm using #44 from now on in honor of my boy Kimmo Timonen. I can't play another game in #4 as I am disrespecting Scott Stevens with my lack of big hits. So #4 is available for anyone that wants it.
I don't suppose whoever was rocking #10 has bailed. It's always been my number in any organized sport I played. :D

My backup numbers were for two of my favorite Manchester Monarchs players; #9 is Bud Holloway, and #36 is Jeff Zatkoff. They both rock. Of course it's a little ironic that I was rocking 36 when Zatkoff is actually a goalie. :lol

Marvie_3

Banned
TheVisualizer said:
Make up your mind. :lol

bumpkin said:
I don't suppose whoever was rocking #10 has bailed. It's always been my number in any organized sport I played. :D

My backup numbers were for two of my favorite Manchester Monarchs players; #9 is Bud Holloway, and #36 is Jeff Zatkoff. They both rock. Of course it's a little ironic that I was rocking 36 when Zatkoff is actually a goalie. :lol
RS4 is #10. He's been 10 every year for us and plays a lot. You could maybe buy it from him or blow him for it or something.

#5 was the number I got in every sport too. Randomly at first then after a few years I started asking for #5. I've worn other numbers for fun in EASHL(#80 for Ronald Reagan, #28 when I was pretending to be laserbot, etc). I always go back to #5 though. Looks weird not wearing it.

I hate playing Be A Pro as well. I'm stuck on the Florida Panthers and Brian Allen is #5. They assigned me #37 instead. :lol

bumpkin

Marvie_3 said:
RS4 is #10. He's been 10 every year for us and plays a lot. You could maybe buy it from him or blow him for it or something.

#5 was the number I got in every sport too. Randomly at first then after a few years I started asking for #5. I've worn other numbers for fun in EASHL(#80 for Ronald Reagan, #28 when I was pretending to be laserbot, etc). I always go back to #5 though. Looks weird not wearing it.

I hate playing Be A Pro as well. I'm stuck on the Florida Panthers and Brian Allen is #5. They assigned me #37 instead. :lol
#36 is fine... :lol

How did you get stuck on the Panthers, anyway? Can you get traded? I haven't gotten farther than doing the pre-season games and being kept on the team (LA Kings) by the coach.

While we're on the subject of our players, I really don't understand why EA didn't use the "Game Face" tech.

RS4-

lol blowjobs for jersey numbers :lol

Actually that's one of the many things I don't like about BAP, you can't request trades or do anything really. I didn't even play in the minors until I started simming a few games and get demoted from first line, to second to the little league. Got called back up after a few games I think.

Sim, intervene for last 5 mins for x number of games was horrible. I can't stand thinking about doing another 40 in season 2 just for a slot.

LiveWire

Marvie_3 said:
There are 6 Team 1 players on besides me and none of them are playing NHL. :lol

Sorry, got tied up trying to get my league game in Madden (Reach was killing XBL servers last night).

I'll be on from 6-7 tonight and from 10 onward. I just won 2000 XBLA points for the Skins beating the Cowboys, so I might splurge and buy my way to a 99 rated EASHL pro for our team. :lol

just tested the tuner set in online vs mode, the poke check effectiveness is back to how nhl10 was which i thought was too effective which should help me defend a lot better in eashl

good news is that it seems like they addressed the main glitch goal (backhand forehand shortside) as carey price stopped me 4 times on breakaways

bad news is other than the glitch goal , the goalies (price and luongo) were a lot more aggreessive coming out of their nets and both me and my opponent were able to embarass the goalies a few times deking them waaaaay out of position (btw i won 7-2 )

was just 1 game, maybe the goalie performances were flukes, idk?

RS4-

Tried one online game with the new set, couldn't poke or check for shit.

Then again, I was using the Leafs :lol

Marvie_3

Banned
bumpkin said:
#36 is fine... :lol

How did you get stuck on the Panthers, anyway? Can you get traded? I haven't gotten farther than doing the pre-season games and being kept on the team (LA Kings) by the coach.

While we're on the subject of our players, I really don't understand why EA didn't use the "Game Face" tech.
Got drafted by Florida. EA didn't use Game Face because they need a big feature for NHL 15.

RS4- said:
Sim, intervene for last 5 mins for x number of games was horrible. I can't stand thinking about doing another 40 in season 2 just for a slot.
That actually worked for you? I fuckin played every game and I still got screwed on boosts.

TheVisualizer said:
you got the new team up and running yet marvie?
I'll be home in about an hour and I'll get everything set up then. Have we figured out a name yet?

played another online VS game and couldn't get the glitch goal to work again 4 or 5 times, hopefully this carries over to the bum EASHL goalies and maybe every cherry-picking breakaway won't be an automatic goal anymore

bumpkin

TheVisualizer said:
played another online VS game and couldn't get the glitch goal to work again 4 or 5 times, hopefully this carries over to the bum EASHL goalies and maybe every cherry-picking breakaway won't be an automatic goal anymore
I remember it happening at least twice in those couple of games I was on for the other night. Such bullshit.

So I gather team 1 and team 2 are melding into a single team now? How's that going to affect stuff like positions, numbers, etc.?

bumpkin said:
I remember it happening at least twice in those couple of games I was on for the other night. Such bullshit.

So I gather team 1 and team 2 are melding into a single team now? How's that going to affect stuff like positions, numbers, etc.?

Numbers were already unique across teams, positions won't change much either, play where you want to. Hopefully whenever you are online there is a spot for you, otherwise you might have to wait 1 game to get in. If there are a lot of players on waiting they can hop into a drop-in game or practice with each other if you don't want to wait in the lobby

RS4-

Our OT losses are bullshit; I'm partly to blame for some of them :lol

You know what we did well yesterday? We stopped waiting at the red or opposing blue line for breakout passes; it really cut down on those icing calls and what not. We went towards the puck carrier if we're deep in our end and needed a pass out.

Dumping the puck towards our AI winger helps since they have some, at times, ridiculous boost/acceleration going for them...and they don't take boarding calls.

And a lot of our offside calls were because we'd pinch in or grab loose pucks at the line when we try to keep exit passes and clearing attempts back in.

Marvie_3

Banned
So what's the verdict on our name?

Working class gypsies?
Hipster gypsies?
Skittles?
Diamonds in the Muff?
Lou Diamond Philips clones?

more names:

Sin Bin Seat Warmers
Legion of Boom
The Boss Chiefs