• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 11 EASHL Team (360)

Marvie_3 said:
That's what you get for being a vegan.

I'll definitely be on tonight. Picking up my new TV today so I'm going to be glued to it all weekend. :D
I'm not a vegan. =(

It was one of the few times I eat fish (for the omegas, bitches), and lo' the meat made me sick.

Marvie_3

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
I'm not a vegan. =(

It was one of the few times I eat fish (for the omegas, bitches), and lo' the meat made me sick.
Outside of occasional shrimp, I won't touch seafood. So gross.

Marvie_3 said:
Outside of occasional shrimp, I won't touch seafood. So gross.

I don't even eat shrimp
Tuna sandwiches and fish/chips is all the seafood I dare eat

Shall we play some EASHL now or continue the buffet convo?

Marvie_3

Banned
BigJonsson said:
I don't even eat shrimp
Tuna sandwiches and fish/chips is all the seafood I dare eat

Shall we play some EASHL now or continue the buffet convo?
Ugh....the smell of canned tuna makes me throw up. No joke.

I'm going to take a nap then go buy my tv. I'll be on later tonight. Only 18 more games to go until I get my next card. :D

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Good lord tuna. I screwed up and ate too much of it for lunch at work for a span of about five months. I now can't even look at tuna without feeling like I might puke. :(

bumpkin

Marvie_3 said:
Ugh....the smell of canned tuna makes me throw up. No joke.

I'm going to take a nap then go buy my tv. I'll be on later tonight. Only 18 more games to go until I get my next card. :D
Buying a new TVs is a glorious experience. :D

I'll try to get on tonight at some point. Hopefully I'll have better luck than I did the past few nights. By the time I got online, everyone was playing something else or was offline.

Marvie_3

Banned
BigJonsson said:
Canned tuna is disgusting, up here in Torontoland we can get tuna non-canned :)
Real tuna doesn't make me puke, just the canned stuff, and I think you can get that anywhere. Stop trying to make Toronto sound less crappy. ;)

Kave_Man said:
Good lord tuna. I screwed up and ate too much of it for lunch at work for a span of about five months. I now can't even look at tuna without feeling like I might puke. :(
I've never been able to stand the smell. It's always made me at least dry heave. If I don't leave the room fast enough I'll throw up. :lol

bumpkin said:
Buying a new TVs is a glorious experience. :D

I'll try to get on tonight at some point. Hopefully I'll have better luck than I did the past few nights. By the time I got online, everyone was playing something else or was offline.
We could always get in some practice and we could help you with whatever you're having trouble with.

Marvie_3 said:
42" 1080P Samsung LCD. :D

Fuck you money bags! :'( Is it LED or 3D or anything fancy like that?

Marvie_3 said:
Real tuna doesn't make me puke, just the canned stuff, and I think you can get that anywhere. Stop trying to make Toronto sound less crappy. ;)

I've never been able to stand the smell. It's always made me at least dry heave. If I don't leave the room fast enough I'll throw up. :lol

We could always get in some practice and we could help you with whatever you're having trouble with.

Ya, they've pretty much always sold non can tuna... Not sure what he's going on about.

Marvie_3

Banned
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Fuck you money bags! :'( Is it LED or 3D or anything fancy like that?
Hell no. Its just a regular ass tv. LED's are overpriced and I couldn't care less about 3D. I found it on clearance so its a sweet price. I would have ended up with a 32" 720P one if I hadn't found this. I couldn't afford the 42" otherwise. :D

Marvie_3 said:
Hell no. Its just a regular ass tv. LED's are overpriced and I couldn't care less about 3D. I found it on clearance so its a sweet price. I would have ended up with a 32" 720P one if I hadn't found this. I couldn't afford the 42" otherwise. :D

That's the way to do it. Nice.

Marvie_3 said:

I have a 40 inch Samsung 1080p, I love it

bumpkin

Not sure who from the team is around, but I'm going to be hopping on shortly. I'm down for some practice or whatever if any of you are game.

BigJonsson said:
Holy fuck

I have 9 friends online right now and all are playing Reach except for 2

Ya, I had 12 online and 11 were playing reach and I think one was playing the madden demo... :lol I waited until 11 then went to bed since no one was on.

Marvie_3 said:
I've been playing with my new tv for 2 hours now. NHL looks so fucking good that I almost forgot how broken it is. :lol
:lol :lol :lol Did you have an HDTV before or just a CRT?

Edit: This game is so stupid at times. I lead the team in goals and points have been getting As in all my rankings and I am 2 behind the lead for assists and I got demoted to third line for my lack of production.....

Edit 2: All the banter from the announcers is exactly the same this year apparently? It's annoying to hear them say we just got chris kunitz at the trade deadline this past year and the coyotes haven't made the playoffs since '01 or something... Talk about fucking lazy.

Marvie_3

Banned
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
:lol :lol :lol Did you have an HDTV before or just a CRT?
Just a 7 year old CRT. :lol
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Edit 2: All the banter from the announcers is exactly the same this year apparently? It's annoying to hear them say we just got chris kunitz at the trade deadline this past year and the coyotes haven't made the playoffs since '01 or something... Talk about fucking lazy.
Yeah, EA needs to get off their ass and do new commentary.

Marvie_3 said:
Just a 7 year old CRT. :lol

Yeah, EA needs to get off their ass and do new commentary.

Ya, it's the little things like that that are really starting to bother me. It's just so lazy to not update or at the very least delete the no longer relevant statements. Makes you feel like they put 0 effort in this game.

And ya, going SD -> HD really pops as far as looks go.

Edit: WTF, I'm totally getting screwed out of assists. I passed back to dmen who passed to staal who shot and scored and it gave 2 assists but i wasn't one of them. I don't even know where the other person was who got it since I carried it into the zone and passed back.

Marvie_3

Banned
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Ya, it's the little things like that that are really starting to bother me. It's just so lazy to not update or at the very least delete the no longer relevant statements. Makes you feel like they put 0 effort in this game.

And ya, going SD -> HD really pops as far as looks go.

Edit: WTF, I'm totally getting screwed out of assists. I passed back to dmen who passed to staal who shot and scored and it gave 2 assists but i wasn't one of them. I don't even know where the other person was who got it since I carried it into the zone and passed back.
Uh...they do put zero effort into this game. :lol

I laughed when they mentioned the Pens play in Mellon Arena and something about Kovalchuk on the Thrashers. :lol

Marvie_3 said:
Uh...they do put zero effort into this game. :lol

I laughed when they mentioned the Pens play in Mellon Arena and something about Kovalchuk on the Thrashers. :lol

There's shitloads of that. Just like when they keep putting down the coyotes of how they can't make the playoffs and are still heavily rebuilding. They should have at least taken out stuff that is contradictory to how things actually are...

Wish 2k was still good so that EA can't just be lazy fucks like they are with their other sports games.

Marvie_3

Banned
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
There's shitloads of that. Just like when they keep putting down the coyotes of how they can't make the playoffs and are still heavily rebuilding. They should have at least taken out stuff that is contradictory to how things actually are...

Wish 2k was still good so that EA can't just be lazy fucks like they are with their other sports games.
EA has always been lazy with the NHL series, even when 2K was kicking the piss out of them. It doesn't sell nearly as well as their other sports titles, so they don't have the budget or the team to really go nuts with it every year.

Marvie_3 said:
EA has always been lazy with the NHL series, even when 2K was kicking the piss out of them. It doesn't sell nearly as well as their other sports titles, so they don't have the budget or the team to really go nuts with it every year.

It's not like they go nuts with their more profitable series either. :lol :(

Marvie_3

Banned
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
It's not like they go nuts with their more profitable series either. :lol :(
Yeah, but at least they change the fuckin commentary and don't leave the same glitches in for 4 years.

Marvie_3 said:

what kind of tv did u have before?

hey i took the day off wife is sick if anyone wants to play let me know... id like to get some games in before to late and i really want to play before everyone goes to only playing halo.
stupid halo,
hey i know it happened a while ago but i am sad frolov left the kings, i am a Detroit fan but i love watching the kings any team that wears purple are real men.

Marvie_3 said:
Yeah pretty much. Everyone's too fuckin busy playing Halo.

Says the guy who's too busy being away in fallout. :/ But to be fair the other like 11 people who were on and are supposedly EASHLers were all playing Reach. :lol

I kept my system on until almost midnight and I saw no one so I went to bed.

How much nicer does fallout look on your HD tv now Marv?

Edit: I just rememberd, didn't a lot of people make a big stink that they wouldn't leave when Halo came out? Whatever happened to that. :lol

Marvie_3

Banned
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Says the guy who's too busy being away in fallout. :/ But to be fair the other like 11 people who were on and are supposedly EASHLers were all playing Reach. :lol

I kept my system on until almost midnight and I saw no one so I went to bed.
I was just playing Fallout until people hopped online to play hockey. I played a lot of Fallout.... :lol

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
How much nicer does fallout look on your HD tv now Marv?
It looks so much better. :D

DenogginizerOS said:
I am definitely still in. Hockey hasn't even started for real. We can't be done already!!
We aren't. Hopefully the Halo shine wears off fast and we get guys back soon.

Marvie_3 said:
I was just playing Fallout until people hopped online to play hockey. I played a lot of Fallout.... :lol

It looks so much better. :D

We aren't. Hopefully the Halo shine wears off fast and we get guys back soon.

I would have messaged you then. The couple times I looked it said away so I assumed you wouldn't respond.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Okay seems only thing that will deter my NHL11 playing now is I seem to have joined the GAF Madden league. :lol

Top Bottom