• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 11 EASHL Team (360)

Marvie_3

Banned
LiveWire said:
If we do I call the Caps. :D
I get the Blackhawks. :D

I think I'm going to get out of bed and mess around with it. I highly doubt it, but I'm curious to see if they've actually changed anything from last year as far as online leagues go.

LiveWire

Marvie_3 said:
League mode is exactly the same as last year, except the cut the max amount of teams from 30 to 10.

That's fine, might as well limit it to the good teams. Keep out those trashy Leafs fans.

ph33nix said:
yeah I will have my way very soon

after the dolphins kick the shit out of the vikings, that is...

ph33nix you sure have been missed, and i would like to thank you and your dolphins for beating those dumb vikes

God damn it what the fuck. I've forwarded my ports and done all that shit and yet I cannot connect to an OTP game

It just says "Loading..." last night it worked once but I didn't even get to play because I was left with goalie. I haven't even gotten to pop my NHL cherry yet :(

i don't think i have any connection problems especially since i was able to play a good lag-free match in NCAA online. i hope this is nhl's problem...

RS4-

BigJonsson said:
If we do a league I'll bite the bullet and take the Leafs................or the Ducks....................or the Canucks

I'll take the Leafs too!

But my Live script is up in like...2 weeks. I only took the the free month since NHL is the only game I'd be playing :lol and I might be moving to the US so I have no idea what I'll be doing.

LiveWire

ph33nix said:
God damn it what the fuck. I've forwarded my ports and done all that shit and yet I cannot connect to an OTP game

It just says "Loading..." last night it worked once but I didn't even get to play because I was left with goalie. I haven't even gotten to pop my NHL cherry yet :(

i don't think i have any connection problems especially since i was able to play a good lag-free match in NCAA online. i hope this is nhl's problem...

Have you tried installing the game? I install all my EA games now, too many disc errors I could hear when trying to load online games.

LiveWire said:
Have you tried installing the game? I install all my EA games now, too many disc errors I could hear when trying to load online games.

Good point, I'll give that a shot

....after I drop even more money on a new hard drive :( why did xbox have to do this system with 4 GB!?

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
ph33nix said:
Good point, I'll give that a shot

....after I drop even more money on a new hard drive :( why did xbox have to do this system with 4 GB!?
You can also install games to USB flashdrives. Having my Gamertag on 16gb stick seems to be faster than on the hdd.

Marvie_3

Banned
ph33nix said:

It does shit like that to me as well. When I try to get in an OTP room, all the menus will disappear and the background will be the only thing I see. Then I have to dashboard to reset the game.

RS4- said:
I'll take the Leafs too!

But my Live script is up in like...2 weeks. I only took the the free month since NHL is the only game I'd be playing :lol and I might be moving to the US so I have no idea what I'll be doing.
I'm sorry.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I am all about getting better with defense and stopping it. I love playing this game and hope we can get a team together regularly. Losing Vis was a bit of a shocker.

Zakkath

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Are your NAT settings set to OPEN on your xbox? That's probably the reason.

Yes, my router is fine. Every game I play work perfectly. And I have no problem playing EASHL games.

Marvie_3

Banned
DenogginizerOS said:
I am all about getting better with defense and stopping it. I love playing this game and hope we can get a team together regularly. Losing Vis was a bit of a shocker.
Don't worry, I quit at least 20 times last year and I always came back. :lol

Viz was really good so hopefully he comes back.

We're trying to get people on at 11pm EST tonight. Hopefully we can get enough people to get a game going.

LiveWire, you picked Chicago over Green Bay? Bad move, my friend. Bad move.

LiveWire

Marvie_3 said:
LiveWire, you picked Chicago over Green Bay? Bad move, my friend. Bad move.

Yea, I just have this strange gut feeling Chicago is going to luck out and make the playoffs this season. I can see them winning the North and potentially getting to the NFC Championship Game. I get that feeling when I see teams win games they shouldn't win (Lions game). When the ball is bouncing your way it can take you a long way.

Marvie_3

Banned
LiveWire said:
Yea, I just have this strange gut feeling Chicago is going to luck out and make the playoffs this season. I can see them winning the North and potentially getting to the NFC Championship Game. I get that feeling when I see teams win games they shouldn't win (Lions game). When the ball is bouncing your way it can take you a long way.
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

That said, I could see them being a Wild Card team.

DenogginizerOS said:

You and me we can co-exist in this league and we will often.

Oh and we are so playing Sunday night after the Dolphins game. One of us (definitely you) will be in a frenzied rage :D

Marvie_3

Banned
LiveWire said:
What's your OVR rating as a Superstar?
Anywhere from 80-84 depending on what position I am.

Just watched the new rules enforcement video for the 2010-11 NHL season. I love that the "hip checks" in NHL 11 are now illegal hits in the NHL. :lol

LiveWire

"New rules enforcement"? Sounds like Bettman's trying to protect his golden boy from King Ovie and your 2010-2011 Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals.

Marvie_3

Banned
LiveWire said:
"New rules enforcement"? Sounds like Bettman's trying to protect his golden boy from King Ovie and your 2010-2011 Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals.
They need to learn how to beat a #8 seed first.

Marvie_3

Banned
TheVisualizer said:
so that's the scientific name for it...
I guess.

LiveWire said:
Not everyone gets to play in the NHL's W
eak
estern Conference.
Caps would get smoked in the West. They only won the President's Trophy because they play in the worst division in the NHL.

bumpkin

I still want to play, but I have this problem with never being on when you guys all are. :(

On the bright side, I've found that I'm finally getting a hang of NHL 11's style of play after being a 2K guy. I've been getting better on D, puck movement, creating shot opportunities, and even the occasional perfect deke to score around the goalie. :D

I uploaded clips of two of my more recent and highly satisfying goals. Not sure if direct links will work, but it's worth a try...

Highlight 1 - An overtime winner where I went into the attacking zone with 1:30 left, and worked the puck around until I got an opening, shot it, got blocked, then got a second chance and beat the goalie.

Highlight 2 - Probably one of my best dekes into a goal. :D

Marvie_3

Banned
bumpkin said:
I still want to play, but I have this problem with never being on when you guys all are. :(

On the bright side, I've found that I'm finally getting a hang of NHL 11's style of play after being a 2K guy. I've been getting better on D, puck movement, creating shot opportunities, and even the occasional perfect deke to score around the goalie. :D

I uploaded clips of two of my more recent and highly satisfying goals. Not sure if direct links will work, but it's worth a try...

Highlight 1 - An overtime winner where I went into the attacking zone with 1:30 left, and worked the puck around until I got an opening, shot it, got blocked, then got a second chance and beat the goalie.

Highlight 2 - Probably one of my best dekes into a goal. :D
Just check the GAF EASHL metatag to see when everyone is on. There haven't been many games lately because of Halo though.

Solid goals. :D

Got out of class a bit late but I'll be on in about 30 mins.

Top Bottom