• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 11 EASHL Team (360)

gg's, Marvie, Zaraki and ph33nix all had nice goals tonight, I'm pretending the last game didn't happen tho...

BigJonsson and I don't have our chemistry yet as a defensive pair, next game I play alongside you I'll make sure to play back while you handle the offensive duties at the blueline as we were both pinching at the same time too much which let people get behind us for easy ones

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I am a defenseman. BJ can move to forward when I am online. By the way, 11pm is not good for me. I can do that on weekends, but on work nights, I need to be getting to bed around 11.

I gotta try to boost my stats somehow again. It's depressing that I can't give out bonecrushing hits anymore. :( And after playing with Marvie, my guy went from feeling fast to crawling again. :lol

Marvie_3

Banned
DenogginizerOS said:
I am a defenseman. BJ can move to forward when I am online. By the way, 11pm is not good for me. I can do that on weekends, but on work nights, I need to be getting to bed around 11.
I couldn't play until 11 because of my class on Tuesday nights. Any other night I can be on at any time.

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
I gotta try to boost my stats somehow again. It's depressing that I can't give out bonecrushing hits anymore. :( And after playing with Marvie, my guy went from feeling fast to crawling again. :lol
My player is pretty rad. :D

Just play a bunch of OTP. That's how I got my games played up so fast.

LiveWire

Sorry I missed last night guys, got a cold that's sideswiped me for the past day or so and needed to get extra sleep. I got nothing planned tonight so if anyone is around after 6 Eastern I'll be on OTP games trying to level up and would love to get some league games in...

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Gonna get my OTP on tonight, so just holler if you want to play. I've been preoccupied the last few days figuring out the Seattle Seahawks in the Madden league. I know nothing about these chumps.

Marvie_3 said:
I couldn't play until 11 because of my class on Tuesday nights. Any other night I can be on at any time.

My player is pretty rad. :D

Just play a bunch of OTP. That's how I got my games played up so fast.

I tried a couple OTP games and my team sucked so it wasn't fun at all.

Marvie_3

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
Welcome back Pheenix. I hear you had a big night.
He was a man among boys.

no pedo

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
I tried a couple OTP games and my team sucked so it wasn't fun at all.
Its definitely not the most fun thing to do, but its a good way to plow through games to earn cards, especially when nobody else is online.

Marvie_3

Banned
New tuner today:
-Increase maximum speed when hustling (L3).
-Easier to generate/maintain speed doing forward crossover turns.
-Decrease goalie acceleration.
-Increase chance of penalty when a stick lift breaks a stick.
-Decrease chance of stick lift causing a dropped stick.
-Increase to slap shot power
-Increase non-puck carrier acceleration and agility and decrease puck carrier acceleration and agility.
-Weaken shots in certain situations that were leading to goals with too high a frequency when cutting across the middle of the ice.
-Increase chance of losing balance when carrying the puck (Versus, OTP/EASHL and HUT only).
-Increase chance of losing the puck when deking or turning sharply (Versus, OTP/EASHL and HUT only).
-Increase chance of tripping on a poke check (undoing previous change that affected online and HUT modes online).

The changes that affect offline games are contained in tuning version V1.03. You can opt not to use them by switching to V1.02.

The main objectives of the update are to reduce the amount of solo skating and tune scoring balance. The "losing an edge" animation where the player falls down that was rarely seen previously will now happen more often, in particular when a player does a lot of sharp turns with the puck and is getting bumped by opposing players. Almost all stick lifts that break the stick will result in a penalty.

Marvie_3

Banned
Also, today is Scott Baio's 50th birthday!!!!!

2itslxy.jpg

tat2y0.jpg
xoqnhk.jpg

n1t9nl.jpg

14lt4yf.jpg

Uhhh, so suddenly I'm not in the team. I blame me friends who were playing today. Is it possible for me to join the team again if I send an invitation? My XBL tag is kladdarN.

Sniper McBlaze said:
Uhhh, so suddenly I'm not in the team. I blame me friends who were playing today. Is it possible for me to join the team again if I send an invitation? My XBL tag is kladdarN.

NO WE HATE YOU FOREVER! :mad:

Of course you can

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Sniper McBlaze said:

Your avatar alone should always let you be able to come back.

That was awesome! Could only stay for 2 games and when people started joining I had to leave unfortunately. I don't know how much you hear me and how much you understood from my english. I hope you have more luck winning tonight than we did.

Marvie_3

Banned
I'll be on tonight after the Blackhawks/Lightning preseason game. I wish I had gone to it. Winnipeg is just over 6 hours from me. :(

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I'm on the bench or lobby whatever it is waiting for the next game.

edit: Holy crap the soundtrack really is awful this year.

RS4-

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
We totally just got fucked out of a win with you being able to randomly lose an edge now. So stupid.

I actually don't mind that you can blow your tires out..:lol

gg's to RS4, Zaraki, & Livewire, thankfully we won the 3 OT game that my blown tire caused us to suffer thru, learned my lesson...

sorry we couldn't get you in KaveMan, we started up the game a second before I got a reply message back from you, my bad

I'll be on and looking to play again tomorrow randomly throughout the day and for sure tomorrow evening

oh yeah and sorry for bothering you Nozdeuce, didn't know you weren't part of the team anymore, Marvie you might want to remove him from the GAF EASHL tag when you get a chance

Marvie_3

Banned
Shit, sorry I didn't make it on. I'm moving in a week and was packing tonight. Totally lost track of time. How's the new tuner?

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
TheVisualizer said:
oh yeah and sorry for bothering you Nozdeuce, didn't know you weren't part of the team anymore, Marvie you might want to remove him from the GAF EASHL tag when you get a chance
No trouble at all, it's nice to be wanted.

Marvie_3 said:
Shit, sorry I didn't make it on. I'm moving in a week and was packing tonight. Totally lost track of time. How's the new tuner?

seems harder to score, good number of slashing penalties from broken sticks, and skaters lose their edges when now if you skate around without passing the puck for awhile (almost cost us a game)

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
People aren't exploding as easily as they used to be. With 90+ str and 99 checking I want to be able to love tap people into the emergency room. Like 2 tuners ago I could catch up to people and just shoulder them to the ice, now I have to charge the shit out of them. Passing from the halfwall to slot for glove side wrister is like 100% goal. Goalies still go insane with the left>right desperation dive

Marvie_3

Banned
Nozdeuce said:
No trouble at all, it's nice to be wanted.
Yeah, it's too bad you didn't want to play with most of the people in this thread.

TheVisualizer said:
seems harder to score, good number of slashing penalties from broken sticks, and skaters lose their edges when now if you skate around without passing the puck for awhile (almost cost us a game)
It's about time they did this. Fuckin hate the figure skating assholes online.

Sniper McBlaze said:
Yeah. Unfortunately I think this is the best reflection of what an average hockey fans likes to listen too...
I would hope the average hockey fan has better taste than this. :lol

Had a few games last night. Not sure if I was paired up with people with a bad connection or if the Atlantic Lag is more noticeable in Hockey League :(

Marvie_3

Banned
Chriswok said:
Had a few games last night. Not sure if I was paired up with people with a bad connection or if the Atlantic Lag is more noticeable in Hockey League :(
Did you get the club invite from us?

Lag can be bad at times. I've had games with European players and haven't had any lag though. I guess it just depends on the other players.

Aye, all signed up and ready to crush some bones. Went enforcer in the end, since I think it'll be the one least affected by any lag issues and I can't score at all. :lol

Nozdeuce said:
People aren't exploding as easily as they used to be. With 90+ str and 99 checking I want to be able to love tap people into the emergency room. Like 2 tuners ago I could catch up to people and just shoulder them to the ice, now I have to charge the shit out of them. Passing from the halfwall to slot for glove side wrister is like 100% goal. Goalies still go insane with the left>right desperation dive

Ya, checking doesn't work unless you're lined up dead on pretty much. I put all the stat points it gave me into checking so I was up to 91 I think it was and really had to plan out hits, couldn't just flick the stick like before.

RS4-

They still have some really stupid goalies at times and more often than not, we get paired with a horrible one. We score one, they score two awful "how did that go in" type of goals.

Go short side, goalie hugs post, shoot far side, goalie opens up legs. Goal.

wtf is that shit.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I think I may try playing goalie offline and see if I can get better at it. We faced a human goalie last night that was pretty awesome. It can be done.

DenogginizerOS said:
I think I may try playing goalie offline and see if I can get better at it. We faced a human goalie last night that was pretty awesome. It can be done.

Good luck man. I haven't seen any human goalies (then again I haven't played much) and the ones I've seen have been way easy to score on. In fact it just seems easier to score in this game, goalies seem to have wider openings/react slower

and Laserbot I will add you on battlenet when I can, I've been too drained at home to even log on -_- I usually don't log on unless I play and the last time was like...2 weeks ago.

Marvie_3

Banned
Dastardly Jerks said:
My debut needed more Marvie.

Felt really confident playing with the dudes who were on today. You guys are good.
<3

RS4- said:
They still have some really stupid goalies at times and more often than not, we get paired with a horrible one. We score one, they score two awful "how did that go in" type of goals.

Go short side, goalie hugs post, shoot far side, goalie opens up legs. Goal.

wtf is that shit.
The goalies need serious work.

LiveWire

I think we need to pin guys on the boards more, all over the ice, but particularly in their zone. You can get away with a few seconds of holding if you come in and hit Y if the puck is in the area of that player. If we can get the puck back in their zone and we're pinning one of their guys, you can let go and get open before they can recover. That and we need to coordinate our attacks better, pass more. I'm guilty of holding on to the puck too much myself, though I'm trying to pull defenders to me and hit an open wing on a pass I think sometimes it's better to drop it back to a defenseman in the zone.

In general though, most of the goals that we give up are total BS. Which wouldn't be as much of an issue if we could just score more.

Top Bottom