• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 11 EASHL Team (360)

LiveWire

Yea fuck waiting for the cards, I'm paying Microsoft moonbucks to unlock everything. :lol There's no way those guys we just played were 8-1 good. They have to have like 99 in everything. Yea we made a few mistakes but come on.

Marvie_3

Banned
As I said before, once people start to get close to legend cards, we need to just spam them. Games like that will absolutely kill your grades. A single F in stats will take you almost a dozen games with an A in stats to make up.

RS4- said:
One guy had 500 goals :lol :lol :lol
That also reminds me, if a team is doing nothing but cheating/glitching, everyone playing needs to file negative feedback and cheating complaints. Maybe we could get some of these fucks booted off Live for awhle.

it didn't help that our robo marvie was the worst fucking goalie ever. wow

hopefully my games don't lag as much as they have been. it typically doesn't bother me, i get over it, but when you lose like that it sucks

RS4-

godawful EA chat system.

Vis, I don't know if it's your mic or what, but I can't hear you clearly, it's as if it's on low. Can't believe EA had to censor any of that

zsswimmer

ph33nix said:
it didn't help that our robo marvie was the worst fucking goalie ever. wow

hopefully my games don't lag as much as they have been. it typically doesn't bother me, i get over it, but when you lose like that it sucks
Yeah an 8-1 stomping and our cpu goalie was busy shitting himself, along with the lag made a fucking awful loss

Marvie_3

Banned
Nice 3 game win streak to end the night there. 2 of those 3 teams we beat were elite level teams too. We played really well. Forwards still need to not turn the puck over at the line and the dmen need to get rid of the puck quicker but I think we improved on both. Need to keep an eye out for cherry pickers too. It seems like that was about the only way anyone scored on us tonight.....except for my 2 minutes in net. :lol

I really wish I had more assists. My stats make me look like a puck hog but most of my goals come from being in the right place at the right time, like the easy tap in of Terra's rebound or the sweet pass from House. :lol

Marvie_3 said:
I really wish I had more assists. My stats make me look like a puck hog but most of my goals come from being in the right place at the right time, like the easy tap in of Terra's rebound or the sweet pass from House. :lol

You are a puck hog... fast bastard :D

RS4- said:
godawful EA chat system. Vis, I don't know if it's your mic or what, but I can't hear you clearly, it's as if it's on low. Can't believe EA had to censor any of that

Yeah you're not the first person to point this out, I talk low when I'm not cursing about something, and my ears don't work very well either (you might have noticed me asking people to repeat themselves often) so I'm pretty much a lost cause with the mic... Marvie in particular talks too fast for me to understand anything he says, sounds like a damn chipmunk :D.

GG's to everyone I played with today/yesterday, probably got games in with half the team. Highlights of the day for me were when me and Zakkath outshot one team 44-2 in a winning effort and my highlight reel toedrag and cross crease pass to RS4 in one of our last games. I'll prob be on early tomorrow 12pm-4pm and def late after 11pm.

Marvie_3

Banned
TheVisualizer said:
Marvie in particular talks too fast for me to understand anything he says, sounds like a damn chipmunk :D.
:lol

TheVisualizer said:
GG's to everyone I played with today/yesterday, probably got games in with half the team. Highlights of the day for me were when me and Zakkath outshot one team 44-2 in a winning effort and my highlight reel toedrag and cross crease pass to RS4 in one of our last games. I'll prob be on early tomorrow 12pm-4pm and def late after 11pm.
That was to me. :D

I do have a section for highlights in the OP if anyone uploads them. Just post the link or send it to me.

Marvie_3 said:
:lol

That was to me. :D

I do have a section for highlights in the OP if anyone uploads them. Just post the link or send it to me.

My mistake, it was a great finish by you. No use of saving that highlight as they cut it short and left out the best part anyway :D

Marvie_3

Banned
TheVisualizer said:
My mistake, it was a great finish by you. No use of saving that highlight as they cut it short and left out the best part anyway :D
That was a gimme. Nothing great about it except the pass. :lol

yo Marvie, is it alright if I change up our team's jerseys?

I'm not really feeling the generic looking Whalers designs, I need to look fresh when I'm out there dominating the playoffs and hanging our banners in a few days :D I came up with a new design I like and a couple different choices for a color scheme, see below (click to enlarge). Let me know what you think.

edit: back to the drawing board

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I'm going to be home all night tonight since the people I normally go out with are in Spain right now.

Just message here if anyone wants to go on after work today (5pm onwards)

Marvie_3

Banned
TheVisualizer said:
yo Marvie, is it alright if I change up our team's jerseys?

I'm not really feeling the generic looking Whalers designs, I need to look fresh when I'm out there dominating the playoffs and hanging our banners in a few days :D I came up with a new design I like and a couple different choices for a color scheme, see below (click to enlarge). Let me know what you think.
I'm fine with changing the jerseys, but I'm just not feeling that particular jersey style at all. I dunno what it is. :lol

Kave_Man said:
I'm going to be home all night tonight since the people I normally go out with are in Spain right now.

Just message here if anyone wants to go on after work today (5pm onwards)
I have to work tonight but I'll be home after 10:30PM EST.

zsswimmer

I should be on later tonight. I drink DREAM.16 comes on like at 2am est time tomorrow morning, so I'll need something to keep me up

Marvie_3

Banned
Had a bit of time and whipped these up quick. Liked that odd green for some reason. :lol

yVD3L.jpg

iqFIv.jpg

The helmet looks weird on the 2nd one and I didn't mess with the gloves.

Marvie_3 said:
Had a bit of time and whipped these up quick. Liked that odd green for some reason. :lol

iqFIv.jpg

The helmet looks weird on the 2nd one and I didn't mess with the gloves.

they look solid, just change the helmet color on the white jerseys to white or teal and you have a winner

Marvie_3

Banned
TheVisualizer said:
they look solid, just change the helmet color on the white jerseys to white or teal and you have a winner
Since I'm not going to be home until later tonight, feel free to switch them if you guys are playing tonight before I get home.

DenogginizerOS said:
Not that I am going to do it, but how do people buy points to improve their players?
Same way Randy Moss pays his fines:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-aAitwm_yo

Kave_Man said:
Jonsson you slut, we need to play at least one game together. I need to brag to Dave about how great our teamwork is. :lol

Im in a drop in game, get on and we can play

Geeze, I had 2 penalty shots and like 4 breakaways and didn't score =/

So what are the most important stats to boost as a playmaker? Is it worth bumping fields you're excessively low in as a player? Like on playmaker body checking is like 20 or so points below the next lowest stat. Should you just boost the decent poke check/shot blocking and forget about body checking or also add to that?

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
So what are the most important stats to boost as a playmaker? Is it worth bumping fields you're excessively low in as a player? Like on playmaker body checking is like 20 or so points below the next lowest stat. Should you just boost the decent poke check/shot blocking and forget about body checking or also add to that?
Find the player type that works the best for what you want to do, don't get locked into an archetype. I literally cannot function as a Sniper, I try to get to the slot, I try to take shots, I get obliterated. So I jacked up my shooting as a Two Way Forward, it comes with high enough default body checking and strength so I don't get nudged all the way down the ice, and sadly even ends up with higher speed, acceleration and agility than my Sniper build with the same focus on certain stats.

Increasing body checking might make it so you get hammered slightly less, but you won't be dropping anyone either. Poke checking though will definitely become even more effective at really high levels. Do your stats based on your strengths and style of play

RS4-

This asshole is just running in the slot and taking free shots for a hat trick.

Good job EA.

edit - GGs McBlaze and congrats on the hat trick; we won that first game, I don't know if we got credited for your hat trick one.

Yeah, great games. Too bad something seems to be wrong with the OT in the game.

So you don't keep the stats from games that are DNF? Wtf! I just scored a hattrick and an assist, but it doesn't show up...

Edit: Wait, you do keep the stats! Phew!

Lost in OT after having lead twice. RAGE. Team seemed to have bought boosts too, they totally were stronger than us.

I got two goals by doing nothing. I call hacks on myself. :lol

After this game I'll have a good damn card. I'll get to suck less!

And yeah I will play better defense and handle the puck less for now.

Top Bottom