• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 11 EASHL Team (360)

ok so is anybody else having problems with the passing? I play using the classic controls and when i play how i'd usually play i'd just tap A and be able to pass fine and now its giving me this little trickley shit - help!
also, not sure about this whole hustle button thing, how is that supposed to work?

also, I am def going to become addicted to hockey ultimate team.

Marvie_3

Banned
KingHenrik30 said:
ok so is anybody else having problems with the passing? I play using the classic controls and when i play how i'd usually play i'd just tap A and be able to pass fine and now its giving me this little trickley shit - help!
also, not sure about this whole hustle button thing, how is that supposed to work?

also, I am def going to become addicted to hockey ultimate team.
You don't use the new controls?

I can't see myself playing that much Ultimate Team. I'll get sick of all the micromanagement in no time.

Marvie_3 said:
It is quite a bit different. I like a lot of the changes though. Disappointed that certain things weren't touched though.
Ya, I think the biggest thing is I feel disappointed after your trailer thread and the EA question sessions I just expected big improvements and it was kind of more of the same with same. :/

Marvie_3

Banned
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Ya, I think the biggest thing is I feel disappointed after your trailer thread and the EA question sessions I just expected big improvements and it was kind of more of the same with same. :/
A lot of the improvements are really subtle though. Outside of the physics engine, most of the changes were pretty small.

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
You're my new best friend Noz. Unlike that Marvie kid...
Glad to have another fan! Marvie always gives me shit for using wristers, and Laserbot gets all uppity when I talk about how amazing I am. Am I really to blame if the other team let's me streak all the way up the left side, cut a little to the middle and get off a perfect shot?

I accepted your friend request too the other day :D

Can someone explain the hustle button and new controls and shit? I was really drunk and overtired when I played this morning

Nozdeuce said:
Glad to have another fan! Marvie always gives me shit for using wristers, and Laserbot gets all uppity when I talk about how amazing I am. Am I really to blame if the other team let's me streak all the way up the left side, cut a little to the middle and get off a perfect shot?

Can someone explain the hustle button and new controls and shit? I was really drunk and overtired when I played this morning

Nah man, you're the real deal. Unlike some phonies on here. They just haters.

Marvie_3

Banned
Nozdeuce said:

Yeah, now maybe he can stalk you instead wondering why I'm not online every 5 minutes. :lol

I'm sure I haven't complained enough about how much of a tease it is not having an Xbox 360 yet. Fucking Halo Reach package making me hold out for another month at least.

If someone could report on goaltending changes, I'd heavily appreciate it.

Marvie_3

Banned
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
2alp4n.jpg

Dastardly Jerks said:
If someone could report on goaltending changes, I'd heavily appreciate it.
Here's a list of the changes:

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Game feels weird.

im with you on this one. however, i felt the same way about the 10 demo so im hoping when i get the full game its not gonna be a big deal. just feel like my guys are skating in molasses and the passing sucks.

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
lol nice glitch. i kicked the puck in my own net and it went to review and they said no goal

Marvie_3

Banned
sefskillz said:
im in love with HUT :(
I'm not. Can't say I'm impressed with it at all. I'd much rather have Online Dynasty. I'll probably spend an hour or two max in HUT before I'm done with it.

KingHenrik30 said:
im with you on this one. however, i felt the same way about the 10 demo so im hoping when i get the full game its not gonna be a big deal. just feel like my guys are skating in molasses and the passing sucks.
The players actually have to accelerate this year which I like. The skating feels a lot more solid. They're still able to spin around way too fast but it's a start.

I actually like the passing way more this year. Last year's still doesn't do what I want at times but I've already gotten pretty good with the passing in NHL 11.

Marvie_3 said:
I'm not. Can't say I'm impressed with it at all. I'd much rather have Online Dynasty. I'll probably spend an hour or two max in HUT before I'm done with it.

The players actually have to accelerate this year which I like. The skating feels a lot more solid. They're still able to spin around way too fast but it's a start.

I actually like the passing way more this year. Last year's still doesn't do what I want at times but I've already gotten pretty good with the passing in NHL 11.
The controls just feel sloppy (I guess loose might be a better word). When skating momentum takes you making it harder to turn and stuff. Also, people see way to weak at holding onto the puck. If a guy sneezes, even if not in your general direction, you spin around like you were just hit by a train. Hit stick is also going through the madden phases and now this year it's like if I even touch the guy he crumples and lays on the ground for 10 secs. I'm fine with this but they have to incorporate more penalties since you can board/ hit their face into the boards like no tomorrow.

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
Marvie_3 said:
doesn't surpise me. HUTs all about building a team from the ground up, you chicago fans wouldn't understand

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Any spots left on the team? I'm interested in playing this year.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
sefskillz said:
HUTs all about building a team from the ground up, you chicago fans wouldn't understand

Isn't that exactly what they did to win the Cup?

Marvie_3

Banned
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
When skating momentum takes you making it harder to turn and stuff.
I like this. Much more realistic.

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Hit stick is also going through the madden phases and now this year it's like if I even touch the guy he crumples and lays on the ground for 10 secs. I'm fine with this but they have to incorporate more penalties since you can board/ hit their face into the boards like no tomorrow.
The physics are a bit overdone but I'm hoping its just for the demo. There should be more boarding penalties with some of these hits though.

Marvie_3 said:
I like this. Much more realistic.

The physics are a bit overdone but I'm hoping its just for the demo. There should be more boarding penalties with some of these hits though.

Nah, it'll probably be another year before the hit stick is different from this year. It's exactly like madden where they think so powerful is awesome and eventually madden is now where you really have to be lined up and get penalized for missing, which is more realistic.

NHL11 somehow makes me hate Michael Leighton even more than I already did (P.S. I'm a Flyers fan)

A-hole gave up 11 goals to those garbage Blackhawks on Superstar difficulty, and made the EASHL goalies look good in the process. I'm kind of worried about the goalie A.I. for NHL11 as it actually looks like it took a step back from last year as you should see some of the crap goals and flopping I've seen almost every period of the demo I played from both goalies.

TheVisualizer said:
NHL11 somehow makes me hate Michael Leighton even more than I already did (P.S. I'm a Flyers fan)

A-hole gave up 11 goals to those garbage Blackhawks on Superstar difficulty, and made the EASHL goalies look good in the process. I'm kind of worried about the goalie A.I. for NHL11 as it actually looks like it took a step back from last year as you should see some of the crap goals and flopping I've seen almost every period of the demo I played from both goalies.

Niemi let in 2 goals in 2 shots in my first game.

SuperSonic1305 said:
Niemi let in 2 goals in 2 shots in my first game.

If the final game plays like this I might lead the GAF team in scoring as a Defenseman with all the un-screened slapshots from the point I am seeing go in :D

Marvie_3

Banned
TheVisualizer said:
If the final game plays like this I might lead the GAF team in scoring as a Defenseman with all the un-screened slapshots from the point I am seeing go in :D
Well at least one person on our team will be able to score goals. :lol

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I played it real quick last night without checking out any of the new features. It does feel different but I like it. Absolutely love the faceoff controls.

I also laughed at how many times both goalies would stop any shots that trickled through with a 360 spin to knock the puck out of the crease. :lol

Marvie_3

Banned
Dastardly Jerks said:
Alright jerks, what's the overall verdict of this unfinished product?

We got a winner on our hands?
The game does play quite a bit better. The goalies are still broken as hell and drop to their knees faster than laserbot. Every goal that gets scored against me in the demo has been top corner.

Marvie_3

Banned
I think I've decided to name my EASHL player 'Brett Favre'. I quit then came back so many times last year that it only makes sense. :lol

Marvie_3 said:
I think I've decided to name my EASHL player 'Brett Favre'. I quit then came back so many times last year that it only makes sense. :lol

Except you have to, you know, COME BACK. :lol Brett Favre is a decisive decision maker compared to you.

My two more years of live from dell came in today so I'm set again. :D

Marvie_3

Banned
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Except you have to, you know, COME BACK. :lol Brett Favre is a decisive decision maker compared to you.

My two more years of live from dell came in today so I'm set again. :D
I made this thread, didn't I? I even sent out texts to some people to throw off ESPN.

2j19d0w.jpg

All that time I was secretly planning a comeback.

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
Marvie_3 said:
While that's nothing like what encroachment actually is, I'm calling you for encroachment. Joe Montana's the only qb we need.

Top Bottom