• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 11 EASHL Team (360)

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
If Madden doesn't get fixed, I will be playing NHL a lot more. If you need a defenseman with long range shooting skills, let me know.

Marvie_3

Banned
DenogginizerOS said:
If Madden doesn't get fixed, I will be playing NHL a lot more. If you need a defenseman with long range shooting skills, let me know.
We've got plenty of room on the roster. I can add you now if you want.

Mrbob

Sorry for the delay, been busy lately and playing SC2 when I'm free. :D

I'll be picking this up so put me where you need me. I was elite in the one game I played as a forward but I don't know if I could keep it up! :lol

Mrbob

MrBob.841

Been playing mostly with friends against the CPU online I still need to finish a couple placement matches. 1-1 right now but I might tank my final three to put me in the Bronze league. Gonna finish off the campaign, and then head straight into the league. Have to decide if I'm gonna scrap all the Zerg work I've done in practice for the Protoss before I do so.

Mrbob said:
MrBob.841

Been playing mostly with friends against the CPU online I still need to finish a couple placement matches. 1-1 right now but I might tank my final three to put me in the Bronze league. Gonna finish off the campaign, and then head straight into the league. Have to decide if I'm gonna scrap all the Zerg work I've done in practice for the Protoss before I do so.
Sweet, we should play some matches. I placed Gold, but I don't think I deserve to be there. I'm more of a bronze silver player.

I'm loving Zerg right now, but am probably "better" as Toss. I wish I would have done my placement matches as "random" to get placed a bit lower, but oh well.

Laserbot.274. Add me, I love doing comp "stomps" with my friends ("stomp" is a bad term since we usually lose to an equal number of Hard AI).

Marvie_3

Banned
xgbHM.jpg

Screen of the jersey creator for EASHL. We need to figure out what our team colors are going to be.

Fuck, hype +45!

That looks RAD.

I can't wait to combo up some orange, blue and gray for some tastelessly awesome uniforms.

Edit: Any news about game face? Or whatever their catchy name is for using your face in the game?

Marvie_3

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
Fuck, hype +45!

That looks RAD.

I can't wait to combo up some orange, blue and gray for some tastelessly awesome uniforms.

Edit: Any news about game face? Or whatever their catchy name is for using your face in the game?
Orange, blue, and gray? What the hell?

Game Face is apparently not in this year. :(

Marvie_3 said:
Orange, blue, and gray? What the hell?

Game Face is apparently not in this year. :(
Bummer about Game Face. I hate the snarly NHL faces you have to choose from. Another year of pink visors for me.
I'd wear a pink visor even if Game Face was in the game.

Orange blue and gray are the colors of GAF. Look around once in a while, man.

Marvie_3

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
Bummer about Game Face. I hate the snarly NHL faces you have to choose from. Another year of pink visors for me.
I'd wear a pink visor even if Game Face was in the game.

Orange blue and gray are the colors of GAF. Look around once in a while, man.
I'm colorblind, asshole.

LiveWire

Marvie_3 said:
We've got plenty of room on the roster. I can add you now if you want.

Denog is right, Madden league may collapse this year. Is there still room to join the GAF NHL team? I'll play whatever position is available. Lemme know and if so I will PM you my Gamertag. Thanks!

Marvie_3

Banned
LiveWire said:
Denog is right, Madden league may collapse this year. Is there still room to join the GAF NHL team? I'll play whatever position is available. Lemme know and if so I will PM you my Gamertag. Thanks!
There's plenty of room available. Just post your gamertag, jersey number(ones that are taken are in the OP), and preferred position.

Marvie_3

Banned
So it sounds like we might have to split the team up into a couple different teams to start. According to the EA Live Chat today:

-In the EASHL this year clubs play one game at a time. This is for a few reasons. 1. promote more 6v6 games and less of clubs with enough people instead playing simultaneous games of 2v2. It also prevents boosting in this way, where teams can play lots of games a night with 2 instead of 6.

So in order to get everyone a playing spot, we could form ~4 teams, have a draft, and even play against each other sometimes. Once people start to drop we could form up back up with one team again. :D

LiveWire

Marvie_3 said:
There's plenty of room available. Just post your gamertag, jersey number(ones that are taken are in the OP), and preferred position.

Gamertag: DJ Demon J
Preferred Position: Left Wing
Jersey #: 15

Marvie_3

Banned
Sent friend invites out to everyone so far.

LiveWire, it's not letting me send one to you. Can you add "GAF EASHL" to your friends list on XBOX Live?

Marvie_3 said:
Done.

So what does everyone think of the idea of multiple teams and a draft?

ill play with anyone, draft sounds fine but i hope teams arent set in stone, would be cool to mix it up from time to time

Marvie_3

Banned
TheVisualizer said:
ill play with anyone, draft sounds fine but i hope teams arent set in stone, would be cool to mix it up from time to time
We could always redraft every so often to keep things fresh too. We'd definitely have some good trash talk in this thread some days too. :lol

Oh yeah, we need moar goalers too.

LiveWire

Marvie_3 said:
Sent friend invites out to everyone so far.

LiveWire, it's not letting me send one to you. Can you add "GAF EASHL" to your friends list on XBOX Live?

Done. Let me know if it still doesn't work.

NoRéN

dont mind the multi teams at all. If anything I could use some time to just play offline and acclimate myself to NHL. I wouldn't want the people on my team growing to hate me being the noob in the bunch.

Marvie_3

Banned
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
I agree to multi teams if we have a cap as well.
Can't do that. My awesomeness would require a contract that blatantly circumvented the cap. EA would throw a fit and we'd just have a mess.

NoRéN said:
dont mind the multi teams at all. If anything I could use some time to just play offline and acclimate myself to NHL. I wouldn't want the people on my team growing to hate me being the noob in the bunch.
The EASHL practice mode could be a big help here. It'd get newcomers practice time with the game and also get each team practice time with each other.

I think if we're going to do the multi-team thing to start, we should start with 4 teams and depending how many more people join closer to launch, we could go up to 6 or more. Plus, we'd get more awesome looking jerseys. :lol

Marvie_3 said:
Can't do that. My awesomeness would require a contract that blatantly circumvented the cap. EA would throw a fit and we'd just have a mess.

The EASHL practice mode could be a big help here. It'd get newcomers practice time with the game and also get each team practice time with each other.

I think if we're going to do the multi-team thing to start, we should start with 4 teams and depending how many more people join closer to launch, we could go up to 6 or more. Plus, we'd get more awesome looking jerseys. :lol

Marvie is clearly drunk again.

Fixed1979

Thinking of switching from PS3 from to 360 to get in on the league this year (PS3 league was quiet). If there's room left let me know prefer RD but I'd be perfectly contect to fill whatever gap was required.

Marvie_3

Banned
Fixed1979 said:
Thinking of switching from PS3 from to 360 to get in on the league this year (PS3 league was quiet). If there's room left let me know prefer RD but I'd be perfectly contect to fill whatever gap was required.
What's your jersey number and gamertag?

sefskillz said:
im cool with multiple teams, but i refuse to play with any wings fans
And we have our draft's version of Eric Lindros!

Mrbob

SnakeswithLasers (awesome name btw!) I'll add you in my SC2 list when I get home later tonight!

What is the best deal right now in picking up nhl 11? I have a 20 dollar gift card from Madden I can use at amazon, but I can't stack a gift card into a future purchase. Game is $57.99 with some digital magazine issues for free. Anywhere else running a sweet NHL 11 preorder?

Marvie_3

Banned
Mrbob said:
SnakeswithLasers (awesome name btw!) I'll add you in my SC2 list when I get home later tonight!

What is the best deal right now in picking up nhl 11? I have a 20 dollar gift card from Madden I can use at amazon, but I can't stack a gift card into a future purchase. Game is $57.99 with some digital magazine issues for free. Anywhere else running a sweet NHL 11 preorder?
Gamestop is the only place doing any sort of preorder deal. You get free skater gear with a preorder. I haven't seen any price discounts anywhere though.

Whoa, a draft? This sounds way more organized than we'd ever been in the past. But I'm down with it. Although we won't be drafting due to skill, so what's it going to be--alcohol tolerance? Asshole tolerance?

Fixed1979

Marvie_3 said:
14 is taken too. :lol

son of a...didn't notice...next one up is 16.

Edit: I didn't realize you guys were filling the goalie position too. I'll take a spot there as and use jersey #1 if that works.

Marvie_3

Banned
Since everyone seems to be in support of the multi-team setup to start, I think we'll start with 4 teams. Depending on how many people join this next week, we may go up to 5 or 6. I'll captain one of the teams. Laserbot may or may not be a captain. Who wants one of the other 2 captain spots? If you do, you need to have the game on release day. That way everyone can play as soon as possible.

Fixed1979 said:
son of a...didn't notice...next one up is 16.

Edit: I didn't realize you guys were filling the goalie position too. I'll take a spot there as and use jersey #1 if that works.
Goalie would work great. If each of our teams had a goalie it'd make the games more fun. :D

So if we're going to do this thing with multiple teams we probably should go through and find out what positions people AREN'T willing to play.

It sucks being on a team and having to play D if you don't want to.

For me, I will either play RW or Goalie. Note that I suck at goalie even more than I suck at RW, so I'd like to be on a team of like-minded suckers.

It's going to be tough coming up with a team size that allows people to play the position they want, but that guarantees there will usually be on at least enough (2) people so that you can get in a game when you want.

EA is dumb for not just forcing you to fill up your game before they'd unlock another dressing room (so if you have 8 people on, you need 6 to play in one game before the other two can play--and you're locked out of joining another game until the one you started in has finished, so you can't just start a game as goalie and then drop to get in the next game).

But whatever, I'm sure we'll still have fun.

SnakeswithLasers said:
So if we're going to do this thing with multiple teams we probably should go through and find out what positions people AREN'T willing to play.

For me, I will either play RW or Goalie. Note that I suck at goalie even more than I suck at RW, so I'd like to be on a team of like-minded suckers.

It's going to be tough coming up with a team size that allows people to play the position they want, but that guarantees there will usually be on at least enough (2) people so that you can get in a game when you want.

EA is dumb for not just forcing you to fill up your game before they'd unlock another dressing room (so if you have 8 people on, you need 6 to play in one game before the other two can play--and you're locked out of joining another game until the one you started in has finished, so you can't just start a game as goalie and then drop to get in the next game).

Ya, seriously. The reasoning behind it is pretty stupid too.

On another note, I think my 360 controller is finally dying. :/ Guess I'll have to find another one cheap.

Marvie_3

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:

I think just drafting from the positions listed in the OP would solve the positioning problem. I figure that drafting 6 for each team will keep anyone from having to sit out.

It is stupid about the single dressing room but I get why they did it. Teams that have 50 players always rank higher than the ones with 5 just due to the amount of points/games played. I assume there'd be an easier way to fix this but I guess not.

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
On another note, I think my 360 controller is finally dying. :/ Guess I'll have to find another one cheap.
Just buy a different one from Gamestop, swap out the innards, and return the broken one. Works every time. :D

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
I play LW so I'm stealing Laserbot. LASERBOT JOIN ME, WE CAN DEFEAT TEAM MARV

Top Bottom