• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 11 EASHL Team (360)

Marvie_3

Banned
Man, this thread is already up to half as many posts as last year's thread and it's only been a month. I like that we have more players still chelling at this point in time compared to last year as well.

bumpkin

Yeah, I'd be down for a practice game or two as goalie sometime. I'm not sure the orthodox play style of the CPU would completely prepare anyone for people online, but if it'd make everyone feel better about trusting me between the pipes, I'm down.

I've put in a few hours in practice mode, sometimes fending off 5-0 powerplays for a real test. I'm not perfect but stopped something like 37 out of 40 shots on one of my best practice rounds.

PBY

Banned
good games, felt nice winning comfortably the last game.. im out for a bit to watch the league and its always sunny

zsswimmer

peterb0y said:
good games, felt nice winning comfortably the last game.. im out for a bit to watch the league and its always sunny
Yeah that last game felt really well played. The only bad spot of course being that garbage goal our goalie let in, that was ridiculous.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Any recommendation for a camera setting on this thing?

I was trying ice but too many times I wouldn't be in the play and wouldn't know where the hell my guy was to get in proper position for an eventual breakout by the other team.

gg's to all (Denogg, Zakkath, zsswimmer, peterboy, FOO G and Tontaku)

Welcome aboard FOO G, nice playmaking and help defense out there.

I thought we all played excellent D tonight except at the end of the last game when it all kind of fell apart. The highlight was actually in the last game when we killed penalties for the entire 1st period (even a couple 5on3's) against some tough competition, we had some good communication and positioning on those PKs, I don't think they even got a shot off on 4 or 5 straight powerplays.

After starting out a little sloppy, we put together 2 really nice games tonight with 4 people playing where everyone was unselfish and we had some good possession time and scoring chances, kudos guys. I think it was me, zswimmer, denogg and peterboy, those were real fun to be a part of.

I'll be tomorrow but not until after 11pm EST, see ya then

oh yeah bumpkin, if you want some practice with goalie, just jump into some drop-in games with randoms, they usually play pretty crappy defense so you will see a lot of shots and be able to hone your skills, that's what I've been doing recently.

Kave_Man said:
Any recommendation for a camera setting on this thing?

I was trying ice but too many times I wouldn't be in the play and wouldn't know where the hell my guy was to get in proper position for an eventual breakout by the other team.

I play with the classic camera and just have a feel for where I'm at when I'm off screen (you can tell how far as the triangle/diamond above your guy will get larger when you get closer). If you get lost you can always press the back button and focus the camera on yourself.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
TheVisualizer said:
I play with the classic camera and just have a feel for where I'm at when I'm off screen (you can tell how far as the triangle/diamond above your guy will get larger when you get closer). If you get lost you can always press the back button and focus the camera on yourself.

This is what I needed to know, this will help me get my positioning for sure.

Now which button is the "back" button? :D

Kave_Man said:
This is what I needed to know, this will help me get my positioning for sure.

Now which button is the "back" button? :D

its called "back" but its pretty much "select" on every other console, the button next to "start" that isn't ever used for anything

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Holy shit, it does say "back" on it. Wow I never knew. :lol :lol

Here I thought it was select this whole time.

Kave_Man said:
Holy shit, it does say "back" on it. Wow I never knew. :lol :lol

Here I thought it was select this whole time.

the_more_you_know2.jpg

eznark

Banned
gonna ask here since the official thread is nonexistant; does NHL 11 have the EA online pass thing? I was gonna pick it up online but realized I'd have to pay $10 for that.

PBY

Banned
zsswimmer said:
ggs peter. First and last games we got owned but the two in-between were nice. That last one was a damn clinic... outshot 13-37
yeah that last game was rough- whatever we still have those 2 middle games to hang on to :D

Marvie_3

Banned
I'm around. Don't really have the energy to play NHL though. Friend came into town over the weekend so I was basically on a bender for two straight days and I'm just tired now. :lol

Not sure how much I'm going to be on this week either. New Vegas comes out Tuesday. :D

gg's Dmorr & sefskillz

I'm pissed that we managed to find a way to lose to that last team, all 3 of their human players were terrible, they did absolutely nothing all game long but got 2 miraculous bounces and a gift breakaway when the puck went thru my stick at the blue line...

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
TheVisualizer said:
gg's Dmorr & sefskillz

I'm pissed that we managed to find a way to lose to that last team, all 3 of their human players were terrible, they did absolutely nothing all game long but got 2 miraculous bounces and a gift breakaway when the puck went thru my stick at the blue line...
yea, we should've won both those games. i blew some prime chances by not making one extra move around the net. throwing backhand shots into the goalies chest, etc, etc. sucks.

ill finally be getting my pro card today so im expecting this extra 400 points to really put me into elite status as a player! ;)

Marvie_3

Banned
peterb0y said:
and marvie, im sure new vegas is gonna be just as crappy as regular fallout was, not sure why you waste your time when you could be chelling:D
Says the guy who likes DJ Hero and Tony Hawk games. We all know you have no judgement when it comes to games.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
DenogginizerOS said:
I have a softball game tonight, but I may hop on around 10pm EST for a couple of games.

I have to ask, where are you located to be playing softball this late into the year?

I'm up in Toronto, and my softball seasons ended 1.5 months ago.

Frankly I'm jealous you're still playing up until now. :lol

zsswimmer

Marvie_3 said:
I'm around. Don't really have the energy to play NHL though. Friend came into town over the weekend so I was basically on a bender for two straight days and I'm just tired now. :lol

Not sure how much I'm going to be on this week either. New Vegas comes out Tuesday. :D
RandyMarshJizz.jpg

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Kave_Man said:
I have to ask, where are you located to be playing softball this late into the year?

I'm up in Toronto, and my softball seasons ended 1.5 months ago.

Frankly I'm jealous you're still playing up until now. :lol
NC. I am the team pitcher and we are about to start the playoffs. Gets chilly here late though.

gg zsswimmer

quality comeback, I was playing too passive as Center and decided to play angry and aggressive in the 3rd period cuz I didnt want to lose to those guys after they got that wide angle one-timer goal on us. Nice touch on the wrister from the slot, announcers were clowning you afterwards talking about how surprised they were to see a tough guy score :lol

zsswimmer

TheVisualizer said:
gg zsswimmer

quality comeback, I was playing too passive as Center and decided to play angry and aggressive in the 3rd period cuz I didnt want to lose to those guys after they got that wide angle one-timer goal on us. Nice touch on the wrister from the slot, announcers were clowning you afterwards talking about how surprised they were to see a tough guy score :lol
Yeah, its always something like 'He finally took his hands outta the ice bucket' or something, but I'm used to it, played tough guy last year too. :lol

Nice pass btw, thats where I've gotten all 7(?) of my goals, pretty much from a high slot wrist shot. Good read on the play, I agree we were too passive so I tried to get myself involved in that one. After that win I unlocked the 'Grinder' boost slot.

Anyways, bout to play again if anyone wants to hop on. Should be on for awhile, nothin to do.

Marvie_3

Banned
zsswimmer said:
Yeah, its always something like 'He finally took his hands outta the ice bucket' or something, but I'm used to it, played tough guy last year too. :lol

Nice pass btw, thats where I've gotten all 7(?) of my goals, pretty much from a high slot wrist shot. Good read on the play, I agree we were too passive so I tried to get myself involved in that one. After that win I unlocked the 'Grinder' boost slot.

Anyways, bout to play again if anyone wants to hop on. Should be on for awhile, nothin to do.
Brat1.jpg

zsswimmer

ggs Vis

Ugly luck on some of them, but we did pretty well coming back on a lot of those games. So close to my Legends card (156 played), but so far away ;_; stats wise. Think I'm at a B- now or something. Ugh

Marvie_3

Banned
zsswimmer said:
ggs Vis

Ugly luck on some of them, but we did pretty well coming back on a lot of those games. So close to my Legends card (156 played), but so far away ;_; stats wise. Think I'm at a B- now or something. Ugh
Once someone else gets close to 150 as well, we'll get them. :D

Marvie_3

Banned
zsswimmer said:
0.0 surely you don't suggest padding your stats up

lets fuckin' do it
Just to get the cards. Doesn't matter how good I play, I still get fucked by the shitty grading system. :lol

Top Bottom