• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 11 EASHL Team (360)

Repgnar

Good games tonight. Knuckles with two knockouts and the defense was top tier, only one goal got through and that should have never went in. Even with Foo disconnecting he was able to get two goals, gg. Gotta work on my passes, too many turnovers.

zsswimmer

Dmorr07 said:
Good games tonight. Knuckles with two knockouts and the defense was top tier, only one goal got through and that should have never went in. Even with Foo disconnecting he was able to get two goals, gg. Gotta work on my passes, too many turnovers.
Yeah that 2nd period .2 sec left goal was a joke. Looked like it slid through the netting into the goal or something. Anyways, gg to all. Good offense along with good team defense

Marvie_3

Banned
Viz, you should have said you guys were playing. When you said I "needed an NHL break", I just thought you were ripping on me for playing Fallout so much. :lol

gg's to everyone tonight (Dmorr, zsswimmer, FOO G, and our MVP "robo-FOO G"), two nice wins, and like swimmer said, really awesome team D tonight and some timely goals

Hardyboy1224 said:

traitorous dog!

you took your talents to South Beach didn't you?
comeback anytime man

Marvie_3 said:
Viz, you should have said you guys were playing. When you said I "needed an NHL break", I just thought you were ripping on me for playing Fallout so much. :lol

note to self: The Creator of the Club is not very bright, perhaps being subtle is not the best approach after all :D

Marvie_3

Banned
TheVisualizer said:
note to self: The Creator of the Club is not very bright, perhaps being subtle is not the best approach after all :D
:lol

I've put 25+ hours into New Vegas already. Not much else on the brain right now. :lol

I've got pretty much the whole weekend off so I'm down to play as long as there isn't a Blackhawks game.

bumpkin

TheVisualizer said:
Same dangling from the last video, but in slow motion
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7Ludu5S0Y0
Geez, that's either the most amazing deliberate dangling or accidental awesomeness I've ever seen. :lol I always find that having any sort of precision with the stick-handling -- to the extent of avoiding poke checks -- is near impossible. I'm more or less crossing my fingers and hoping that they don't knock the puck away whenever I make an aggressive move into a defender's path. It'd probably be easier in the default "Be a Pro" camera (I have it set to classic) to really do some precise deking, but then you can't see your teammates for shit making it very difficult to set up plays.

At any rate, I'm hopefully going to be able to hop on tonight to play some games. This week's been kind of a crapshoot for any kind of gaming after work.

Marvie_3

Banned
bumpkin said:
Geez, that's either the most amazing deliberate dangling or accidental awesomeness I've ever seen. :lol I always find that having any sort of precision with the stick-handling -- to the extent of avoiding poke checks -- is near impossible. I'm more or less crossing my fingers and hoping that they don't knock the puck away whenever I make an aggressive move into a defender's path. It'd probably be easier in the default "Be a Pro" camera (I have it set to classic) to really do some precise deking, but then you can't see your teammates for shit making it very difficult to set up plays.

At any rate, I'm hopefully going to be able to hop on tonight to play some games. This week's been kind of a crapshoot for any kind of gaming after work.
I actually find it easier in classic cam. With the default BAP cam, your view angle is always changing which throws off your perception of the defenders, making it harder to stickhandle around them. With the classic cam, it's always the same angle so you get used to the movements you need to get around them.

bumpkin said:

That play was mostly accidental, I was the one that carried the puck into the zone. I just started deking back and forth to see if I could get the CPU to do a bad poke or to overpursue to 1 side but they didn't and I didn't see much of an opening to take it myself so I did my signature drop pass and...

I was playing with my brother and he is the one who received the pass and did all the nice dekes and finished, he's an awesome dangler and finisher, I'd imagine his cocky ass would tell you all of his moves were perfect precise reactions and not luck :D Although when we slowed it down on that replay even he was surprised how that last deke barely made it around the defenders stick.

I'll be on, but not until late, prob 11ish EST at the earliest

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I'm going out drinking tonight with coworkers, so just in case I do log on tonight and I'm a bit tipsy, I apologize in advance. :p

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
My goal is to be on tonight. Pain meds for my knee have been making me groggy this week. Good news is the knee is better and I am med free today.

gg's tonight guys, sucks that we ran into that buzzsaw team, the last game we played we just got beat from defensive lapses and they captalized on all of them. Most were my fault for getting caught behind on breakaways. Good effort all around for the most part, the quitting was probably unnecessary though...

swim you played really well in goal, to be completely honest I didn't think any of the losses were on you. That first game we slipped up and didn't have anyone down low to help you with 1 rebound after doing a great job helping all game long and they got the 1st goal. The second one we got too greedy, all the forwards pushed all the way up the ice with less than a minute chasing down to try to cancel an icing after I mentioned we should focus on defense and as a result they got a odd man rush to tie it. Can't quite remember what happened in OT, but I remember it not being your fault. You made some tough saves early in that game and then the big stop on the penalty shot to keep us in it.

Even your last game, I didn't think any of the 3 goals scored against you before you left were your fault. The one was a really good dangle move where the guy was patient. The 2nd or 3rd one they just moved the puck well and had a guy sitting right in mid slot for an open chance.

I hope the rest of you aren't too frustrated (besides Marvie, he's always mad) about what happened in the last couple games. Two months into this year's EASHL chances are you are gonna start running into teams where players have awesome stats more than often now. If we are overmatched on stats we just have to play an uglier style of game with a ton of dump and chase to neutralize their speed. I honestly thought those last 2 games were winnable if we had played conservatively and tight defensively and just kept the score low.

Phillies are on tomorrow night, I'll catch you guys maybe earlier in the day and then after the game if anyone will be around.

zsswimmer

TheVisualizer said:
gg's tonight guys, sucks that we ran into that buzzsaw team, the last game we played we just got beat from defensive lapses and they captalized on all of them. Most were my fault for getting caught behind on breakaways. Good effort all around for the most part, the quitting was probably unnecessary though...

swim you played really well in goal, to be completely honest I didn't think any of the losses were on you. That first game we slipped up and didn't have anyone down low to help you with 1 rebound after doing a great job helping all game long and they got the 1st goal. The second one we got too greedy, all the forwards pushed all the way up the ice with less than a minute chasing down to try to cancel an icing after I mentioned we should focus on defense and as a result they got a odd man rush to tie it. Can't quite remember what happened in OT, but I remember it not being your fault. You made some tough saves early in that game and then the big stop on the penalty shot to keep us in it.

Even your last game, I didn't think any of the 3 goals scored against you before you left were your fault. The one was a really good dangle move where the guy was patient. The 2nd or 3rd one they just moved the puck well and had a guy sitting right in mid slot for an open chance.

I hope the rest of you aren't too frustrated (besides Marvie, he's always mad) about what happened in the last couple games. Two months into this year's EASHL chances are you are gonna start running into teams where players have awesome stats more than often now. If we are overmatched on stats we just have to play an uglier style of game with a ton of dump and chase to neutralize their speed. I honestly thought those last 2 games were winnable if we had played conservatively and tight defensively and just kept the score low.

Phillies are on tomorrow night, I'll catch you guys maybe earlier in the day and then after the game if anyone will be around.

Thanks. Those last guys we played were definitely sand bagging, they should've been in the Pro league not Amateur. It was like every play they got off ridiculously fast one timers and high slot shots, and their passing was pretty much perfect.

Marvie_3

Banned
Been cranking out drop-in games for the last couple hours. 10 more til 150!

I've been averaging really high grades so maybe I'll get my legend card without spamming it......but I doubt it. :lol

Repgnar

You did great swimmer, you only had 1.5 guys on defense and Vis was 1.25 of it. Been playing too much LW/RW in drop-in games, need to start trying def more.

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
So as of late, have we had open spots on defense or as forwards?

It all depends on who's on, past couple nights I was playing LW/RW but last night was a full house so I played defense.

bumpkin

Dmorr07 said:
You did great swimmer, you only had 1.5 guys on defense and Vis was 1.25 of it. Been playing too much LW/RW in drop-in games, need to start trying def more.
Who were the 1.5? I was playing defense, man. I was watching open guys as much as I could to try and prevent passes and one-timers. I wasn't perfect, but I was contributing IMO...

The games last night were just evil. That one team with the ridiculous ratings were a complete pain in the ass; I think getting scored on annoyed me extra because one of them actually named their player "T. Pain." What a jackass. I felt as though we just couldn't create any shots on them and getting the puck away was a pain in the ass. It seemed like every time we poked the puck away, they almost immediately grabbed it right back. Meanwhile their shots seemed to come out of nowhere sometimes and always found the back of the net. By the end of the third I was just completely disinterested in even trying; mission accomplished by them, I guess.

The second game -- the one where we didn't get scored on 7 or 8 times -- they just killed us on breakaways and one-timers. I don't think we even cracked more than 10 or 12 shots on goal; meanwhile they just plain peppered us. I think we had some opportunities, but we also had some defensive breakdowns that cost us dearly. It just wasn't clicking.

After the club games ended, I decided to play a drop-in game where I managed to score two goals although my team ended up losing in the end. Afterward I checked out the Hockey Shop and decided to purchase a "playmaker boost pack" (since my player type is playmaker). On the bright side it didn't cost me anything; I used the free space bucks I got via the Bing Search Bar promo. I couldn't get over how fast my player moved afterward. On the other side I felt a little dirty. :lol

Anyway, I may be on/up for some games later tonight. Going with the wife and a friend to a local haunted house attraction. But I should be home and online after that. What time is everyone else going to be on?

Also, when do the playoffs kick off? I'd like to get to play in a playoff game with the club this time around.

I'll be on after the Phillies game, prob after 11pm EST

EASHL playoffs start either Wednesday or Thursday night at 8pm

As far as the comments on defense, yes it ended up hurting a little bit that I didn't have another true defenseman paired with me, but I thought up until the very last game the defense was good enough. Difference was that teams made us pay almost everytime we had a little slip up. The last game all around the defense was shitty and I got impatient and cost us a few breakaways while the game was still close, then it got out of hand and there wasn't much reason to play hard once they went up 4 or 5 goals.

DenogginizerOS

Marvie_3 said:
Congrats. LW is still mine. :D
That's cool. FYI, I think you need to pass more, work the puck deeper, play better defense on the puck when possesion is changing, and take fewer shots. And stop quitting on the team when things don't go your way.

Marvie_3

Banned
ph33nix said:
damn bitch! share! because jerry stackhouse sure won't!
You leave Stack out of this!

DenogginizerOS said:
That's cool. FYI, I think you need to pass more, work the puck deeper, play better defense on the puck when possesion is changing, and take fewer shots.
A. I pass a lot, especially when Viz is behind me on the point.
B. I always try to get the puck down into the corner/dump the puck.
C. I back check, forecheck, and fill in on the point when the D jumps in the rush
D. My SHT% is almost twice yours, so........?

DenogginizerOS

Marvie_3 said:
You leave Stack out of this!

A. I pass a lot, especially when Viz is behind me on the point.
B. I always try to get the puck down into the corner/dump the puck.
C. I back check, forecheck, and fill in on the point when the D jumps in the rush
D. My SHT% is almost twice yours, so........?
I have played 14 games at LW. The rest were on D. I have played well at both. And I absolutely have not quit on the team during games.

Don't ever ask me to "suck your balls" again.

Top Bottom