• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 11 EASHL Team (360)

gg's zzswim, we had a pretty epic comeback down 3 goals. I scored a nice slapshot from the slot, then got a redirect off of a zzswim slapper. Our CPU sniped one to tie it up. All that hard work and then I start lagging out and gave up another breakaway goal to them and they took the lead again at 3-4. We found a way to score 2 more before the end of regulation to win 5-4.

I might be on later after the Phillies game depending on whether the GAF FIFA club is getting together tonight.

Hey Dmorr, I noticed you finally took a break from Halo Reach to boot up NHL, sent you an invite to the club if you are still interested, ain't played with you since the good ole Team 2 days...

zsswimmer

TheVisualizer said:
gg's zzswim, we had a pretty epic comeback down 3 goals. I scored a nice slapshot from the slot, then got a redirect off of a zzswim slapper. Our CPU sniped one to tie it up. All that hard work and then I start lagging out and gave up another breakaway goal to them and they took the lead again at 3-4. We found a way to score 2 more before the end of regulation to win 5-4.

I might be on later after the Phillies game depending on whether the GAF FIFA club is getting together tonight.

Hey Dmorr, I noticed you finally took a break from Halo Reach to boot up NHL, sent you an invite to the club if you are still interested, ain't played with you since the good ole Team 2 days...
I can't believe you lagged out of the epic comeback, that sucks man. Seems like we always gotta play from the deficit too, our CPU sucked in some of the games.

zsswimmer said:
I can't believe you lagged out of the epic comeback, that sucks man. Seems like we always gotta play from the deficit too, our CPU sucked in some of the games.

i finished the game, but i was lagging hard for like 5 mins when we got that 4th goal scored on us

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
If it isn't lag, there is some sort of rock, paper, scissors effect that sometimes negates anything and everything I do to stop someone. Best yet, when i see the replay, it often shows me further away from the play than what I was seeing live during the play. My 2 cents.

Zakkath

I'll give a try to the 2way forward then. The stats seem ridiculously imbalanced compared to the playmaker.

Two-Way Forward

Offense
----------------
Deking 82
Hand-Eye 80
Off. Awareness 85+5
Passing 85
Puck Control 75
SS Accuracy 60
SS Power 60
WS Accuracy 78+3
WS Power 68

Defense
-----------------
Aggressiveness 75
Body Checking 80
Def. Awareness 81
Discipline 70
Faceoffs 65
Fighting 50
Shot Blocking 87
Stick Checking 81

Athleticism
------------------
Acceleration 71
Agility 70+3
Balance 80
Durability 60
Endurance 80
Speed 81
Strenght 72+1

Boosts
------
Stick : Off. Awareness +5
Skate : Agility +3
Helmet: Wrist Shot Accuracy +3
Glove : Strenght +1

bumpkin

ggs last night, Vis. That third game's outcome was really my fault, I think. Their shot got blocked by the goalie, but I'm pretty sure I was trying to poke the puck away and it deflected right into the net. We should have had the win in regulation; it going to OT and I guess the eventual outcome were on me. Sorry man. :(

In terms of trying to "stay on" people on defense to try and stop one-timers and rebound shots, what's the best thing to actually do? Knowing that a wayward poke can send it right into the net just makes me nervous about doing anything other than standing around.

I might be on at some point tonight, though I'm not sure when. I have friends coming over and it's probably not exactly polite to be like "hey, watch me play NHL online with other friends." :lol

bumpkin said:
ggs last night, Vis. That third game's outcome was really my fault, I think. Their shot got blocked by the goalie, but I'm pretty sure I was trying to poke the puck away and it deflected right into the net. We should have had the win in regulation; it going to OT and I guess the eventual outcome were on me. Sorry man. :(

In terms of trying to "stay on" people on defense to try and stop one-timers and rebound shots, what's the best thing to actually do? Knowing that a wayward poke can send it right into the net just makes me nervous about doing anything other than standing around.

I might be on at some point tonight, though I'm not sure when. I have friends coming over and it's probably not exactly polite to be like "hey, watch me play NHL online with other friends." :lol

no problem on that game the other day, we should have won but shit happens, I didn't think it was your fault at all

As far as defense it's all about being in the right position and poke checking, every once in awhile you might poke one in your own net but don't let that discourage you. Poking is a lot more effective than standing around.

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
Switched from playmaker to 2 way forward and its already paying off in the 5 or so dropins I played. I still suck shit trying to beat a defender on the rush, but maybe that will come

Marvie_3 said:
I'll probably be on tonight. No way I'm sitting through the Eagles/49ers game. :lol

playing Jericho right now, not very good i think i am going to go get fallout 3 or condemned?
did not like this jericho not very scary or good. maybe some hockey for tonight let me know when.

Marvie_3

Banned
Hardyboy1224 said:
playing Jericho right now, not very good i think i am going to go get fallout 3 or condemned?
did not like this jericho not very scary or good. maybe some hockey for tonight let me know when.
Fallout 3. It's a long game so it'll keep you busy for quite awhile. I'm 600+ hours into it after several playthroughs. :D

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
less chat more hat bitches, get on already. was sobering up from the titans game, but i could throw back a few with marvie if i must

bumpkin

I can't blame my absence on watching baseball. I was playing Castlevania: Lords of Shadow and watching Dexter. :D

Well, that all was after I decided to visit the local ice rink with my wife to try and attempt to skate in real life (she can skate really well, I'm the newbie). Good god, is it hard! I found out later that she posted on her Facebook about it and said something to the effect of me holding onto the boards "like it was my job". :lol

PBY

Banned
DenogginizerOS said:
Are you back as the Ravens?
im about to pm fmt... i finally got the lsat out of the way, so i have my life back and can play now, but I did just disappear for 2 weeks, so i would totally understand if i were (rightfully so) given the boot

DenogginizerOS

peterb0y said:
im about to pm fmt... i finally got the lsat out of the way, so i have my life back and can play now, but I did just disappear for 2 weeks, so i would totally understand if i were (rightfully so) given the boot
I don't think you have to worry about the boot in Madden.

Marvie_3

Banned
peterb0y said:
I'm picturing all the Duke women collectively trembling in fear.

I'll be on tonight after the 'Hawks/Sabres game.

Marvie_3

Banned
zsswimmer said:
Apparently unlocked my power forward boost pack after playing a game on defense. Not too great of a pack though, 77 overall
Do you have your player type set to power forward? That could be affecting the over if its not.

zsswimmer

Marvie_3 said:
Do you have your player type set to power forward? That could be affecting the over if its not.
Nah, Tough Guy D-Men, I was just testing it anyways, don't plan on throwing on the boost pack. I suppose I should have thought about that though lol. You guys getting on soon?

zsswimmer said:
Nah, Tough Guy D-Men, I was just testing it anyways, don't plan on throwing on the boost pack. I suppose I should have thought about that though lol. You guys getting on soon?

getting on now, Flyers handled their business

PBY

Banned
TheVisualizer said:
getting on now, Flyers handled their business
gonna see what happens in mnf, if it starts to get out of hand ill be online

be nice though, im gonna be terribad- haven't played in a minute

zsswimmer

Quadruple OT Loss. Here's my thoughts on that:
fuuuu.gif

We are so unlucky. It's 2-1 in the 2nd period and peter hits the post. In the 3rd they tied it with a garbage post shot goal.

GGs to vis and peter. I saw that you said it was your first time back in awhile. You did pretty good, I thnk 1 goal and an assist. I do have some suggestions though. You gotta make sure to cycle to puck around in the offensive zone, way too many turnovers in that last game. If there isn't any room to shoot, just throw it back to one of the defenders. But you played pretty well for not playing for awhile :p

Vis what can I say? Our luck is so shitty. We lost two games where we didn't score AT ALL however outshooting our opponents. Our CPU faceoffs blew donkey dong. You should play more center, you were dangling the shit outta those guys playing as a d-men :lol . I remember you scored like 4 goals in 1 game played center one time. Seems like we run into shit luck every game we play :(

zsswimmer said:
fuuuu.gif

We are so unlucky. It's 2-1 in the 2nd period and peter hits the post. In the 3rd they tied it with a garbage post shot goal.

GGs to vis and peter. I saw that you said it was your first time back in awhile. You did pretty good, I thnk 1 goal and an assist. I do have some suggestions though. You gotta make sure to cycle to puck around in the offensive zone, way too many turnovers in that last game. If there isn't any room to shoot, just throw it back to one of the defenders. But you played pretty well for not playing for awhile :p

Vis what can I say? Our luck is so shitty. We lost two games where we didn't score AT ALL however outshooting our opponents. Our CPU faceoffs blew donkey dong. You should play more center, you were dangling the shit outta those guys playing as a d-men :lol . I remember you scored like 4 goals in 1 game played center one time. Seems like we run into shit luck every game we play :(

next time we play i go with Center, but ur gonna have to dial back the fisticuffs unless you have a D partner cuz im gonna need you on the ice to cover my ass

PBY

Banned
zsswimmer said:
fuuuu.gif

yeah gotta work on my turnovers, but i cant blame that on rustiness.. last year i had the record for most turnovers for a while, so yeah :/

zsswimmer

TheVisualizer said:
next time we play i go with Center, but ur gonna have to dial back the fisticuffs unless you have a D partner cuz im gonna need you on the ice to cover my ass
='[

peterb0y said:
yeah gotta work on my turnovers, but i cant blame that on rustiness.. last year i had the record for most turnovers for a while, so yeah :/
Nah for rustiness that was not bad at all. In fact, you almost had 2 goals, with that one ringing off the pipe in the 2nd period of our last game. Just remember that there is always someone at the blue line you can throw back to if you don't have to room to skate or shoot. I get a decent amount of assists by just throwing a weak wrister at the goalie and letting one of the forwards net an easy rebound.

peterb0y said:

I didn't notice many bad turnovers, main thing is what zswim said, you gotta look to go up the wall and drop the puck back to the d-man more often, and also try not to skate out to the d-man spot at the corner of the blue line and crowd them. Good spacing is crucial to us being able to move the puck around the offensive zone and get better scoring chances.

Also same thing I tell every winger on our team, don't be afraid to go up the wall and around behind the net as that's a tricky spot to defend and you can make things happen by playing around behind the net.

DenogginizerOS

I will be around tonight if anyone wants to play. I am interested in playing Winger in games where we might have extra defensemen.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I'll try to come on tonight after Glee. I usually watch at my friend's house so probably around 11:30pm eastern tonight.

If you're still on by then denogg I'll take the reigns on D for ya.

bumpkin

zsswimmer said:
fuuuu.gif

That's why you need me! :D Well, except when I can't quite nail the timing to compensate for latency.

Either way, sorry I haven't been on much since Saturday night. Early in the week is never good for me.

zsswimmer

bumpkin said:
That's why you need me! :D Well, except when I can't quite nail the timing to compensate for latency.

Either way, sorry I haven't been on much since Saturday night. Early in the week is never good for me.
Yeah we need someone to play center. The offensive CPU we played with were not all that great. But anyways, I won't be on tonight, jiu jitsu practice and then the Thrashers (yes the thrashers :lol !) play at 10:30

Top Bottom