• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 11 EASHL Team (360)

Marvie_3

Banned
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Jaguars suck. I didn't want to watch because I knew we'd get destroyed and we are. :(

At least we're not getting shut out anymore... That's something right? Right?
You're a Jaguars fan?

Marvie_3

Banned
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Yup, favorite team since they were created. <3 Mark Brunell and Andre Rison.
Ouch. I just assumed you would have jumped on the Steelers bandwagon like you did with the Penguins. ;)

Marvie_3 said:
Ouch. I just assumed you would have jumped on the Steelers bandwagon like you did with the Penguins. ;)

I fucking despise the Steelers. Too many people on their team are pieces of shit for me to like them. I think I hate Hines Ward the most out of any player in the league and there's plenty of others that I don't care for either.

All my teams suck except for Hockey. :lol I'm a Supersonics fan (LOL) turned Raptor fan, Blue Jays fan, and Jaguars fan. And penguins only recently have stopped sucking.

Marvie_3

Banned
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
I fucking despise the Steelers. Too many people on their team are pieces of shit for me to like them. I think I hate Hines Ward the most out of any player in the league and there's plenty of others that I don't care for either.
But...aren't you from Pittsburgh?

I don't know how you can hate Hines Ward, man. I fuckin hate the Steelers too but Ward is all man. Straight up football player.

Marvie_3 said:
But...aren't you from Pittsburgh?

I don't know how you can hate Hines Ward, man. I fuckin hate the Steelers too but Ward is all man. Straight up football player.

No, stupid NJ. :( And fuck Hines Ward crybaby asshole. :lol

TheVisualizer said:
so when's Jagr making his return to the EASHL?

Soon, couple times I had time to play no one was on. :( Had midterms and bullshit projects last two weeks which made it impossible but hopefully I should have time until finals and shit start coming up.

Marvie_3 said:
New Jersey? That's even worse. :lol

The only time Hines Ward cries is when he doesn't get to lay somebody out.

Or his team is losing and he wants a bullshit PI call. :lol And NJ is awesome if only for cheap hockey tickets due to no one like the devils, not even people from NJ. :D Actually, that is the only good thing about NJ. :p

Marvie_3

Banned
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Or his team is losing and he wants a bullshit PI call. :lol And NJ is awesome if only for cheap hockey tickets due to no one like the devils, not even people from NJ. :D Actually, that is the only good thing about NJ. :p
Every team wants a bullshit PI call when they're losing. It's part of the game. :lol

I was in the Newark airport for a layover on my way to Europe and wanted to blow my brains out every time the lady with the THICK NJ accent came over the loudspeaker and started talking. :lol

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
TheVisualizer said:
I'd be sad if I were a fan of either one of those teams too :D
feels pretty good right now :D probably feel better next week after dismantling the eagles

Marvie_3 said:
Every team wants a bullshit PI call when they're losing. It's part of the game. :lol

I was in the Newark airport for a layover on my way to Europe and wanted to blow my brains out every time the lady with the THICK NJ accent came over the loudspeaker and started talking. :lol
:lol Sounds about right.

sefskillz said:
feels pretty good right now :D probably feel better next week after dismantling the eagles

But Jaguars don't play the Eagles next week... And we didn't even win. This doesn't make sense at all. :/ I wonder how long your QB will be out for. That shit looked like it hurt.

sefskillz

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
But Jaguars don't play the Eagles next week... And we didn't even win. This doesn't make sense at all. :/ I wonder how long your QB will be out for. That shit looked like it hurt.
am i missing sarcasm? he was ripping on both teams and im a titans fan

fisher said young could've came in and played shotgun if necessary, but it wasn't since collins was pretty solid

sefskillz said:

I'm not an Eagles fan despite being from around Philly, in fact I hate those bastards more than anything else on this Earth, so I hope you smash the hell outta their suspect asses. My team is the G-Men and were gonna expose those pigeons soon enough if they even have enough non-concussed players left to field a team against us.

sefskillz said:
am i missing sarcasm? he was ripping on both teams and im a titans fan

fisher said young could've came in and played shotgun if necessary, but it wasn't since collins was pretty solid

I'm just joking around that everyone should like the Jaguars. Did you see the hit on Garrard? I can't find a highlight so I'm assuming the hit wasn't that bad?

sefskillz

TheVisualizer said:
I'm not an Eagles fan despite being from around Philly
ah damn, i was hopin to start some shit :)

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
I'm just joking around that everyone should like the Jaguars. Did you see the hit on Garrard? I can't find a highlight so I'm assuming the hit wasn't that bad?
it wasn't too bad, but i heard he has a concussion.

sefskillz said:
ah damn, i was hopin to start some shit :)

it wasn't too bad, but i heard he has a concussion.

Ya, he definitely left with a concussion but they have a highlight of Young getting hurt but not Garrard so hopefully that's a good sign.

Marvie_3

Banned
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
I'll only like the Jaguars if they stay in Jacksonville long enough to allow the Vikings to move to L.A. instead. :D

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
A heads up, if you see me online playing FF13 just message me if you want to play. I'm not doing anything important when I play that game. I'm just trying to catch up on my backlog.

And of course I need to start with the crappier games. :(

eznark

Banned
Sorry Marvie but my question in the OT never got answered...:(

Is there a way to turn off all the broadcast fluff? It's amazingly well done and the between period graphics are actually impressive as hell...but I just want to play. I no longer want cuts to goalies shaving the crease or poor-angle replays. I can't find a place to turn any of that stuff off though?

Marvie_3

Banned
eznark said:

Is there a way to turn off all the broadcast fluff? It's amazingly well done and the between period graphics are actually impressive as hell...but I just want to play. I no longer want cuts to goalies shaving the crease or poor-angle replays. I can't find a place to turn any of that stuff off though?
I'd just scroll through all the menus. If there's a way, it'd most likely be in the presentation options. I know there were ways to turn it off in past NHL games but I'm not sure about the recent ones.

bumpkin

eznark said:

I think it's more annoying that the replays are almost always of the goalie skating around or whatever instead of the shot or play that just ended. Especially when it's a real close call and the goalie pulls off the lucky stop or whatever; in an actual NHL broadcast, they'd replay the rush that just took place and have the play-by-play analysis.

At any rate, I had company over the weekend so that's why I haven't been on/playing. My friend (who was visiting) said I had a message from you Vis, but at the time he was playing something else. I'll probably be able to pop on sometime this week.

apparently new tuner update went out overnight:

Tuning Update unofficial notes for ~2am PT, Oct 19 release.

All modes:

-Human puck carriers can be hit immediately when they acquire the puck now (there was a short period where they couldn't be hit previously). *
-Goalie more careful about dropping the puck from his glove to his stick when there is pressure. *
-Slap shot effectiveness with partial windup reduced.
-Hitting from behind and boarding called more strictly.
-Fewer elbowing penalties.
-Decrease CPU post-whistle penalties.

Offline only (V1.05):
-Goalies less aggressive going after loose pucks (same change that online modes got last tuning update).
-Goalies less aggressive passing the puck out

OTP/EASHL Only:
-Goalies now will not throw the puck out when in glove standing unless pass is called for.
-Increase the effect of shot accuracy attributes.
-Changed CPU base attributes to make them a bit better defensively and a bit weaker on offense.

zsswimmer

TheVisualizer said:
apparently new tuner update went out overnight:
I knew there was something wrong about checking someone who just got the puck. Always irritated me that I couldn't steamroll them, they would just bounce off.

Not a bad tuner. Hopefully when they actually patch the game, they will implement the EASHL lobby to OTP (wishful thinking I know). It blows my mind that they allowed you to pre-pick positions for EASHL when they knew one of the number 1 complaints was OTP lobby quitters.

edit: Not sure if I like increased shot accuracy. I feel like this benefits the glitchers even more

zsswimmer said:
I knew there was something wrong about checking someone who just got the puck. Always irritated me that I couldn't steamroll them, they would just bounce off.

Not a bad tuner. Hopefully when they actually patch the game, they will implement the EASHL lobby to OTP (wishful thinking I know). It blows my mind that they allowed you to pre-pick positions for EASHL when they knew one of the number 1 complaints was OTP lobby quitters.

edit: Not sure if I like increased shot accuracy. I feel like this benefits the glitchers even more

i was reading one of the dev's explanations over at OperationSports that the increase in shot accuracy has little to no effect on ratings that are already high so according to him things should be OK

zsswimmer

TheVisualizer said:
i was reading one of the dev's explanations over at OperationSports that the increase in shot accuracy has little to no effect on ratings that are already high so according to him things should be OK
Glad to hear

bumpkin

zsswimmer said:
I just wish they'd add something more detailed to the EASHL lobby screen than the elapsed time of the game in progress. A breakdown of the score and maybe shots on goal or something would be nice. I hate having to press the guide button periodically to figure out where in the game the people playing actually are. If they really wanted to impress me, they'd have real-time stats like the NHL Game Center App on Android/iPhone.

zsswimmer

bumpkin said:
I just wish they'd add something more detailed to the EASHL lobby screen than the elapsed time of the game in progress. A breakdown of the score and maybe shots on goal or something would be nice. I hate having to press the guide button periodically to figure out where in the game the people playing actually are. If they really wanted to impress me, they'd have real-time stats like the NHL Game Center App on Android/iPhone.
Yeah that would be sweet. But honestly, I really wish they would fix OTP first and foremost. It's such a trainwreck playing with a whole of bunch of forward puck hogs in the team and a shit goalie.

PBY

Banned
zsswimmer said:
Yeah that would be sweet. But honestly, I really wish they would fix OTP first and foremost. It's such a trainwreck playing with a whole of bunch of forward puck hogs in the team and a shit goalie.
only jabronis play OTP

ggs everyone (zswimmer, zakkath, dmorr, & tontaku). Too bad Denogg couldn't get in, I'm tired off his weak ass excuses, he needs to get his priorities in order, it should be:

#1 NHL11
#2 Everything Else
#3 Softball
#4 Sleep

Highlight of the night was Zakkath's 4 goal game with his 2 amazing goals. One he scored from his knees that took a whole minute to slowly trickle past the goalie and the other one was batted out of the air with a high stick by one of their defenders then swatted off the goalies back by a second defender. I always forget to wait and save the highlights, hopefully he got them if they showed up in the Game Highlights.

zsswimmer

TheVisualizer said:
ggs everyone (zswimmer, zakkath, dmorr, & tontaku). Too bad Denogg couldn't get in, I'm tired off his weak ass excuses, he needs to get his priorities in order, it should be:

#1 NHL11
#2 Everything Else
#3 Softball
#4 Sleep

Highlight of the night was Zakkath's 4 goal game with his 2 amazing goals. One he scored from his knees that took a whole minute to slowly trickle past the goalie and the other one was batted out of the air with a high stick by one of their defenders then swatted off the goalies back by a second defender. I always forget to wait and save the highlights, hopefully he got them if they showed up in the Game Highlights.
Hope so, that trickling goal was fucking epic

Repgnar

Yea, that first game was pretty crazy with 11 goals(?). 2 crazy goals. Denogg said his knee is mush now so it gives him a reason to sit inside and play NHL 11 right?

zsswimmer

Marvie_3 said:
I put 600+ in it. :lol
QtsnE.jpg

Top Bottom