• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 11 EASHL Team (360)

Marvie_3

Banned
DenogginizerOS said:
I have played 14 games at LW. The rest were on D. I have played well at both. And I absolutely have not quit on the team during games.

Don't ever ask me to "suck your balls" again.
I've played LW the last 3 years with this team....something like 600+ games. You've played 14.

Oh no, I left a game with 5 minutes left in the 3rd when we were down something like 5-0 against a bunch of boost stackers. I must not be dedicated to the team at all. Forget that I was one of the few players that kept this team going until June last year.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I am not disputing your skills or your dedication to keeping a team going. I asked you to consider sharing, you told me to suck your balls. I critiqued you constructively, including what I have observed which was your leaving. I was simply pointing out that I am just as capable of playing that position as you are. That is all. Calm down.

Marvie_3 said:
You leave Stack out of this!

A. I pass a lot, especially when Viz is behind me on the point.
B. I always try to get the puck down into the corner/dump the puck.
C. I back check, forecheck, and fill in on the point when the D jumps in the rush
D. My SHT% is almost twice yours, so........?

What is SHT%? I totally read that as SHIT%. :lol

Edit: I'm assuming it's shot percentage.

Repgnar

Just wanted to clear up that my comments on def was about when Vis and me were L/RD(Hence the 1.5 out of 2). I was doing meh and swim/vis were doing their job and beyond, I was basically trying to say I wouldn't have considered my skills as a full defensive guy. I don't care where I play, if offensive players are going to be on a lot i'll gladly start playing more defensively. With OTP and drop-in I can practice in there without having to affect the team's record.

EDIT: Sorry vis about not playing eashl tonight, just got back from a local hockey game with friends and they all wanted to play 2v2 NHL 11.

Marvie_3

Banned
One good game and one garbage game. First one, Zak and I should have easily won. 2v2 against a couple "legend card" players. Guys were total scrubs and we lost in OT on a crap goal. Second game we got rocked by a team of boost glitchers. Weren't rated any higher than we were yet we couldnt touch them and their shots were ridiculous.

Hopefully the patch is out soon that fixes that crap or the playoffs are going to suck.

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Sorry for sucking on defense tonight. :( I just feel like my guy over moves all the time so I gotta get lighter with the stick.
You just need to work on your positioning and not chase the puck so much. A few times they had rushes you were way across the ice or you'd leave the crease and open up the front of the net. Against those glitchers it probably wouldn't have mattered anyway. You had some good passes though but we couldnt do a whole lot in that game no matter what we tried.

Marvie_3 said:
One good game and one garbage game. First one, Zak and I should have easily won. 2v2 against a couple "legend card" players. Guys were total scrubs and we lost in OT on a crap goal. Second game we got rocked by a team of boost glitchers. Weren't rated any higher than we were yet we couldnt touch them and their shots were ridiculous.

Hopefully the patch is out soon that fixes that crap or the playoffs are going to suck.

You just need to work on your positioning and not chase the puck so much. A few times they had rushes you were way across the ice or you'd leave the crease and open up the front of the net. Against those glitchers it probably wouldn't have mattered anyway. You had some good passes though but we couldnt do a whole lot in that game no matter what we tried.

Ya, I usually get out of position because I don't know when to confront/when to drop back yet. When I dropped back a couple times against them it was like a free shot and they scored. Is there a camera view that's really zoomed out? It's annoying as shit to pretty much never be able to see my guy since the camera moves with the puck. And cherry stupid cherry pickers make it hard for you to go on the offensive side of the blueline.

Edit: And it's hard to tell when to chase the guy when your partner is the computer since they won't pick up the man in front of the net if you step up on the attacker making it feel like a lose lose situation.

damn guys, throwing low blows in here tonight over positions... that ain't cool

sorry I didn't get up with yall tonight, I hopped on and played 1 game with Zakkath and it was such a crushing defeat that I had to call it a night. Me and Zak played an almost flawless game, he had a hat trick, we were up 2 goals for most of the game then the following happened:

1) we went on the powerplay in the 3rd period (score is 2-1 us)

2) on our PP one of them cherry picked and got behind us, and got a breakaway chance (no worries even if he scores, we were dominating the game)

3) our CPU catches the guy and dives from the side for no reason and trips them after the shot is saved by the goalie, he was not behind the guy but they were awarded a penalty shot anyway (crap)

4) they make the penalty shot and somehow are allowed to also keep the 2 min penalty (score is 2-2, fucking bullshit!)

5) Zak answers quickly and scores his 3rd goal on 4-on-4 (score is 3-2 us)

6) their penalty expires from the 4-on-4 and they score a shit goal on the PP that they shouldn't have had since they scored on the penalty shot (score is 3-3, I'm beyond pissed at this point)

7) they take 2 stupid penalties with 2 mins left in the game and we get a 5-on-3 powerplay (things are looking up)

8) we work the puck and get some good chances, with 15 secs in the game our CPU walks right into one of their guys turns it over at the blueline they get a breakaway chance and score the winner against a 5 on 3 PP (there are no words to describe how mad I was)

even worse, the team we played must have won their playoff games last month so before the game they showed our team on the ice and we had to watch them raise their playoff banner and during the game they had logos painted on their ice saying ELITE PLAYOFF CHAMPS, they were a bunch of glitchers too, trying the windup wrister all game long and using the glitch slapshot off the faceoff win in the offensive zone. I so wanted that win over those cheesers...

TheVisualizer said:
damn guys, throwing low blows in here tonight over positions... that ain't cool

sorry I didn't get up with yall tonight, I hopped on and played 1 game with Zakkath and it was such a crushing defeat that I had to call it a night. Me and Zak played an almost flawless game, he had a hat trick, we were up 2 goals for most of the game then the following happened:

1) we went on the powerplay in the 3rd period (score is 2-1 us)

2) on our PP one of them cherry picked and got behind us, and got a breakaway chance (no worries even if he scores, we were dominating the game)

3) our CPU catches the guy and dives from the side for no reason and trips them after the shot is saved by the goalie, he was not behind the guy but they were awarded a penalty shot anyway (crap)

4) they make the penalty shot and somehow are allowed to also keep the 2 min penalty (score is 2-2, fucking bullshit!)

5) Zak answers quickly and scores his 3rd goal on 4-on-4 (score is 3-2 us)

6) their penalty expires from the 4-on-4 and they score a shit goal on the PP that they shouldn't have had since they scored on the penalty shot (score is 3-3, I'm beyond pissed at this point)

7) they take 2 stupid penalties with 2 mins left in the game and we get a 5-on-3 powerplay (things are looking up)

8) we work the puck and get some good chances, with 15 secs in the game our CPU walks right into one of their guys turns it over at the blueline they get a breakaway chance and score the winner against a 5 on 3 PP (there are no words to describe how mad I was)

even worse, the team we played must have won their playoff games last month so before the game they showed our team on the ice and we had to watch them raise their playoff banner and during the game they had logos painted on their ice saying ELITE PLAYOFF CHAMPS, they were a bunch of glitchers too, trying the windup wrister all game long and using the glitch slapshot off the faceoff win in the offensive zone. I so wanted that win over those cheesers...
:lol I think I would have broken my controller from throwing it against the wall and I can't remember ever doing that. That's the only thing that sucks with this game, and it always has to happen on like the first game I play, I swear I'm cursed. First game me Marvie and Zak play, we get stomped by stupid boost team. I need to get up my grading so I can finally get my next card and stop being so slow. My guy feels like molasses whether I'm on D or RW.

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
:lol I think I would have broken my controller from throwing it against the wall and I can't remember ever doing that. That's the only thing that sucks with this game, and it always has to happen on like the first game I play, I swear I'm cursed. First game me Marvie and Zak play, we get stomped by stupid boost team. I need to get up my grading so I can finally get my next card and stop being so slow. My guy feels like molasses whether I'm on D or RW.

yeah I used to throw my controllers a lot, then I got tired of wasting money on needing to buy new ones so I calmed down a bit, but my arm was in the loaded and ready position last night all ready to wing it across the room

zsswimmer

GGs dmorr

First one was crazy. Other team had 15 shots and 9 goals, like wtf. Next couple of games were nice as we played solid. I like your aggressive style on defence, fun absolutely wrecking guys out there.

That one game was so funny:

We were up like 2-0 and I fought this guy. Fought him and injured him, so he had to wear a jaw protector. Both dmorr and myself were crushing this same guy every time he came into the zone, and everytime I did I did the bend over block shot spam to taunt him.

At the end of the 2nd he instigated a fight after I hit him so much and kept taunting him, beat him again. Did the same thing in the 3rd period, would hit him and taunt. He had one final revenge fight left so he instigated ANOTHER fight and his character froze and I just pounded his face. That guy was raging so hard :lol

Marvie_3

Banned
zsswimmer said:
GGs dmorr

First one was crazy. Other team had 15 shots and 9 goals, like wtf. Next couple of games were nice as we played solid. I like your aggressive style on defence, fun absolutely wrecking guys out there.

That one game was so funny:

We were up like 2-0 and I fought this guy. Fought him and injured him, so he had to wear a jaw protector. Both dmorr and myself were crushing this same guy every time he came into the zone, and everytime I did I did the bend over block shot spam to taunt him.

At the end of the 2nd he instigated a fight after I hit him so much and kept taunting him, beat him again. Did the same thing in the 3rd period, would hit him and taunt. He had one final revenge fight left so he instigated ANOTHER fight and his character froze and I just pounded his face. That guy was raging so hard :lol
:lol :lol

Repgnar

GGs Swimmer, you were dominating the fights, 6-1 by the time we were done I think. Is that what that thing was, a jaw protector? Was wondering why his visor was like that. Those guys were definitely raging though, by the end of the third they were instigating fights right after the faceoff. Dunno what happened during the first game but the following three were a blast. Two shutouts and a tying goal with 12 seconds left to get into OT.

gg ph33nix and zsswimmer

swim sorry i hung you out to dry on that 1st goal, my pass was too light and it made u have to come up the boards too far, that lag must have been bad as guys were skating right around you towards the end of the game

seems like anytime i play center with ph33nix i score at least a hat trick, i prob could have had 5 or 6 that game with all the breakaway chances i missed. ph33nix one critique if i may:

on our powerplays if the puck is along the wall opposite you theres no reason to be posted up along your wall, either cut into the middle or go behind the net, i was looking to get you more involved but you were positioning yourself out of the play. good win, but sorry i was def hogging the puck a little too much.

Im still on and will be for awhile if anyone else wants to play

zsswimmer

TheVisualizer said:
gg ph33nix and zsswimmer

swim sorry i hung you out to dry on that 1st goal, my pass was too light and it made u have to come up the boards too far, that lag must have been bad as guys were skating right around you towards the end of the game

seems like anytime i play center with ph33nix i score at least a hat trick, i prob could have had 5 or 6 that game with all the breakaway chances i missed. ph33nix one critique if i may:

on our powerplays if the puck is along the wall opposite you theres no reason to be posted up along your wall, either cut into the middle or go behind the net, i was looking to get you more involved but you were positioning yourself out of the play. good win, but sorry i was def hogging the puck a little too much.

Im still on and will be for awhile if anyone else wants to play
Yeah it wasn't like delayed reaction lag it my connection kept going to completely responsive to not at all every couple of seconds. I think I missed about every hit I attempted in that game, got 27 in that OTP game I was playing before as defense.

gg's Denogg

ran into a cupcake team who disc on us once you got your hat trick then had to gut out the rest of the wins against pretty good defensive teams

im taking a break but will be back on soon

DenogginizerOS

TheVisualizer said:
gg's Denogg

ran into a cupcake team who disc on us once you got your hat trick then had to gut out the rest of the wins against pretty good defensive teams

im taking a break but will be back on soon
That was a lot of fun those last few. I am going to get some sleep. GG, Vis.

ggs swimmer

we should have won those last two, bad break in the 1st loss with me poking in an own goal and the 2nd loss was worse since i got us 2 quick goals then our goalie had a meltdown and started giving up juicy rebounds. I did enjoy watching you break that same guy's jaw twice, the 2nd time he was wearing the jaw protector during the fight and still skated to the penalty box holding his face :lol

im gonna watch my g-men violate the dallas cowgirls, ill be on later for some club games once we go up by 30 points... shouldn't take too long

zsswimmer

TheVisualizer said:
ggs swimmer

we should have won those last two, bad break in the 1st loss with me poking in an own goal and the 2nd loss was worse since i got us 2 quick goals then our goalie had a meltdown and started giving up juicy rebounds. I did enjoy watching you break that same guy's jaw twice, the 2nd time he was wearing the jaw protector during the fight and still skated to the penalty box holding his face :lol

im gonna watch my g-men violate the dallas cowgirls, ill be on later for some club games once we go up by 30 points... shouldn't take too long
I was chuckling at the same thing. We should've had those games, its proof that NHL 11 does not want me to get my Legends card :lol

Marvie_3 said:
No fucking way I'm watching a Giants/Cowboys game. Anyone playing tonight?
I'll be playing tonight

edit: actually it seems my internet is laggy tonight. So looks like I won't be on :(. On the flip side I will play some Fallout NV :]

Marvie_3

Banned
Up to 150 now, zswim. We can grind our legend cards whenever. Should try to do it before the playoffs. Probably would have had mine tonight if I hadn't kept getting stuck with the shittiest teammates you can imagine. I had 5 points in one game and was still a -4.

zsswimmer

Marvie_3 said:
Up to 150 now, zswim. We can grind our legend cards whenever. Should try to do it before the playoffs. Probably would have had mine tonight if I hadn't kept getting stuck with the shittiest teammates you can imagine. I had 5 points in one game and was still a -4.
What time are you going to be on today? I got a class at 2pm and then I'll be free for the day

Marvie_3

Banned
zsswimmer said:
What time are you going to be on today? I got a class at 2pm and then I'll be free for the day
Won't be on until at least 10pm. I've got work until 4 then class from 5-9.

I'm free pretty much all day tomorrow though. We just need a 3rd person.

zsswimmer

Marvie_3 said:
Won't be on until at least 10pm. I've got work until 4 then class from 5-9.

I'm free pretty much all day tomorrow though. We just need a 3rd person.
Damn. I got an exam Thursday so I'll most likely be studying most of Wednesday. I'll still try to hop on tonight, who knows, I am at B+ stats maybe I can find a good OTP game :p

Marvie_3

Banned
zsswimmer said:
Damn. I got an exam Thursday so I'll most likely be studying most of Wednesday. I'll still try to hop on tonight, who knows, I am at B+ stats maybe I can find a good OTP game :p
I'll try to be home as early as I can tonight. Hopefully we can find a 3rd. I just need to boost up my team play grade for a few games and I'll be set.

zsswimmer

Marvie_3 said:
Yo zswim, you said tough guy works well for team play?
Yes. Just make sure to throw a lot of hits around, fight when people challenge your teammates, and fight when you are down on goals or the score is even.

Marvie_3

Banned
zsswimmer said:
Yes. Just make sure to throw a lot of hits around, fight when people challenge your teammates, and fight when you are down on goals or the score is even.
Pretty sure I can do that. I already hit a lot. Just haven't been fighting nearly as much as I did last year. :lol

ggs this afternoon dmorr and swim, we ran off a nice couple wins before losing that last one at the very end of the game

im down for some games if anyone is hopping on tonight

DenogginizerOS

TheVisualizer said:
ggs this afternoon dmorr and swim, we ran off a nice couple wins before losing that last one at the very end of the game

im down for some games if anyone is hopping on tonight
just say the word. This NBA game is garbage. Miami Thrice---LOLOLOL

Marvie_3

Banned
Fuck the grading system in this game. I'm a couple good games from my legend card so I hopped on for a couple drop in games. Get stuck with some complete fucking idiot teammates and now my grades have dropped. Even switched to tough guy, won fights and hit the shit out of anything that moved. Didn't score less than two points per game either and yet my grades still drop. I'm done trying this bullshit legit. This game needs a fucking progressive stat system like FIFA instead of these bullshit cards and cash grab boosts.

zswim, I should be home early afternoon if you wanna try to grind it out before the playoffs start tomorrow night.

zsswimmer

Marvie_3 said:
Fuck the grading system in this game. I'm a couple good games from my legend card so I hopped on for a couple drop in games. Get stuck with some complete fucking idiot teammates and now my grades have dropped. Even switched to tough guy, won fights and hit the shit out of anything that moved. Didn't score less than two points per game either and yet my grades still drop. I'm done trying this bullshit legit. This game needs a fucking progressive stat system like FIFA instead of these bullshit cards and cash grab boosts.

zswim, I should be home early afternoon if you wanna try to grind it out before the playoffs start tomorrow night.
Yeah I'll try to be on, just post here when you think you'll hop on

Marvie_3

Banned
Fuuuuck. Getting called into work for the afternoon. I'll be back in time for some practice before the playoffs start tonight though. Dunno if we'll have time to grind, swim.

Marvie_3 said:
Fuuuuck. Getting called into work for the afternoon. I'll be back in time for some practice before the playoffs start tonight though. Dunno if we'll have time to grind, swim.

wait...fuckin......playoffs???

jmp1-150x150.jpg

zsswimmer

Marvie_3 said:
Playoffs start tonight? Ugh. Got an exam tomorrow plus The Ultimate Fighter comes on at 10pm and I like to watch it with my bros. What time do playoffs start?

bumpkin

zsswimmer said:
Hmm. Well hopefully I can get some games in. I missed last month's playoffs
Same here. If we can all agree on a specific time to hop on, I can try to make it this time around. Last month I simply had no clue when they started; my relative lack of availability didn't help matters much either.

i've never played in the playoffs i'd love to take part. i can find out if i can choke like the miami heat at the free throw line or if i'll be clutch....

Marvie_3

Banned
I'm hung up at work for another 2 hours. I was supposed to be here from 1-4 but its turned into a 1-9. If we aren't playing tonight we could get some practice in.

Top Bottom