• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 11 EASHL Team (360)

Repgnar

Was it on EA or some host manip? Not sure what's capable on NHL but the game should have ended by now if they were still playing so I'm guessing it's the servers. We should get the win and at the worse the game just won't exist, hopefully.

TheVisualizer said:
who ever donates the most to my paypal acct in the next 20 minutes gets it :D

I get 20% as your manager! I'll take you places kid! Trust me! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Dmorr07 said:
Was it on EA or some host manip? Not sure what's capable on NHL but the game should have ended by now if they were still playing so I'm guessing it's the servers. We should get the win and at the worse the game just won't exist, hopefully.

Has to be EA servers, I just woke up and they don't work.

Edit: SERVERS ARE WORKING!

zsswimmer

Dmorr07 said:
Someone posted about the servers on the NHL official forum so I'm assuming its EA's side of things. Sucks too, we had some great puck possession going on.

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
I get 20% as your manager! I'll take you places kid! Trust me! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

you got yourself a gotdamn deal!

on a serious note, if we are still in the playoffs one of you can have my dman spot, so now there are 2 open spots godwilling EA decides to turn their servers back on

TheVisualizer said:
you got yourself a gotdamn deal!

on a serious note, if we are still in the playoffs one of you can have my dman spot, so now there are 2 open spots godwilling EA decides to turn their servers back on
:lol Read my post, they are up and you're in the second round now. Congrats on the cheating disconnect win guys! :p Marvie would be proud to win like that. :lol

Marvie_3

Banned
That last game was ridiculous. There's no fuckin way we should have lost to those guys, especially not 7-2. They were rated 75 and 73 overall. That game was also a perfect example of why I fuckin hate playing twos. Their AI skaters were fucking snipers, which is fucking stupid for "56" rated overalls, although it didnt help that our goalie was retarded.

Two notes:

ph33nix, you passed up way to many open passes before you circled behind the net. Either dmorr or I were open across the net quite a few times that game. Check to see if there is someone open first. If not, then either cycle back to the point or try to bring it around the net.

Positioning needs work for everyone still too. We were all over the place that game.

zsswimmer

Marvie_3 said:
That last game was ridiculous. There's no fuckin way we should have lost to those guys, especially not 7-2. They were rated 75 and 73 overall. That game was also a perfect example of why I fuckin hate playing twos. Their AI skaters were fucking snipers, which is fucking stupid for "56" rated overalls, although it didnt help that our goalie was retarded.

Two notes:

ph33nix, you passed up way to many open passes before you circled behind the net. Either dmorr or I were open across the net quite a few times that game. Check to see if there is someone open first. If not, then either cycle back to the point or try to bring it around the net.

Positioning needs work for everyone still too. We were all over the place that game.
Yes, thats what I was saying about playing 5 vs 2. AI in this game are either incredibly stupid or god like.

Marvie_3

Banned
zsswimmer said:
Yes, thats what I was saying about playing 5 vs 2. AI in this game are either incredibly stupid or god like.
Yep. Playing 2s is usually just a pain in the ass. You either get two guys who do nothing but repeat their practiced glitching or two guys who do almost nothing and rely on their AI the whole game.

zsswimmer

Marvie_3 said:
Yep. Playing 2s is usually just a pain in the ass. You either get two guys who do nothing but repeat their practiced glitching or two guys who do almost nothing and rely on their AI the whole game.
Yep. Now about that legends card
bashful_cheeks.png

Marvie_3

Banned
zsswimmer said:
Yep. Now about that legends card
bashful_cheeks.png
I've got a few hours tomorrow after the Packers lose to the Jets. :(

Don't mock me too much, denog. :(

Edit: Might not actually. I don't know if I can resist watching the Pats kill Brent Farve. :lol

zsswimmer

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
I still feel weird on how far to step up in defense with all the goddamn cherry pickers. So stupid.
If I'm playing defence then I try to keep a good eye out back for cherrypickers, so I wouldn't worry about it. But I play with the default BAP camera angle so it is hard to keep track all the time.

If your playing by yourself and theres a cherry picker just stay back with him. The more you play on defense the easier it is to know when join the rush and when to start backchecking

Marvie_3

Banned
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
I still feel weird on how far to step up in defense with all the goddamn cherry pickers. So stupid.
I've noticed it's easier to play defense if you have the camera focused on your player instead of the puck itself. Hit the back button and it'll switch between the two.

Also Manchot, make sure you're holding the L-trigger down in the defensive zone all the time to keep your guy facing the puck at all times. I was gonna mention it during the game but I forgot.

Marvie_3 said:
I've noticed it's easier to play defense if you have the camera focused on your player instead of the puck itself. Hit the back button and it'll switch between the two.

Also Manchot, make sure you're holding the L-trigger down in the defensive zone all the time to keep your guy facing the puck at all times. I was gonna mention it during the game but I forgot.

I didn't know about the back button thing, I'll have to try that next time.

I usually hold down the L-trigger but sometimes I don't if I know the other person is faster than me otherwise they just go around me. Sometimes I can't so I can shot block.

zsswimmer

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
I didn't know about the back button thing, I'll have to try that next time.

I usually hold down the L-trigger but sometimes I don't if I know the other person is faster than me otherwise they just go around me. Sometimes I can't so I can shot block.
Before you play go to the Xbox 360 controller settings and turn auto back skate off. Really makes a difference, when its on you character takes way to long to turn around. Unfortunately, you gotta do it everytime you start up the game

Marvie_3

Banned
I know it's only been two months, but I'm already sick of updating 2nd round losses into the playoffs section. We need to bring home a banner next month.

I'm going to update the whole records section tomorrow. I've just been too damn busy to do it recently.

zsswimmer

Marvie_3 said:
I know it's only been two months, but I'm already sick of updating 2nd round losses into the playoffs section. We need to bring home a banner next month.

I'm going to update the whole records section tomorrow. I've just been too damn busy to do it recently.
Had no idea the GM updates the records, thought it was done automatically.

a couple things:

-I'd recommend everyone use either Classic or Ice camera, I'm surprised to hear people are still using Be-A-Pro camera, it puts you at a pretty big disadvantage using that

-Turning Auto back-skate off before each game doesn't always work, it's glitched, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. Apparently its gonna be addressed in the next big patch which should help all of us d-men when we can properly turn it off for good.

-Zaraki, your guy is rated somewhat low and unless you've dumped all your Athletic points into Speed and Agility you're gonna have to play a little more conservatively (backup a step more than you normally play) to avoid being blown past on breakaways. The auto back-skate thing doesn't help either as it will get you caught out of position from time to time when the CPU doesn't properly allow you to turn around fast enough. It still happens to me.

-As far as cherry-pickers, I rarely ever use the "Back" button to switch focus. My way to keep track of them is to either quickly count the number of their players when we are in the offensive zone to make sure they are all there and/or glance at the bottom of the screen for gray diamonds which signify an opposing player is off the screen in a cherrypicking position. If you notice someone cherrypicking, simply drift backwards towards the diamond a little. There's not much room for long passes to fit thru there and keep the guy onsides if you take away the angle for a direct pass right to them. To be honest Im not sure if we are just playing better defense lately but I haven't noticed very many teams relying on cherrypicking...

zsswimmer

TheVisualizer said:
a couple things:

-I'd recommend everyone use either Classic or Ice camera, I'm surprised to hear people are still using Be-A-Pro camera, it puts you at a pretty big disadvantage using that

-Turning Auto back-skate off before each game doesn't always work, it's glitched, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. Apparently its gonna be addressed in the next big patch which should help all of us d-men when we can properly turn it off for good.

-Zaraki, your guy is rated somewhat low and unless you've dumped all your Athletic points into Speed and Agility you're gonna have to play a little more conservatively (backup a step more than you normally play) to avoid being blown past on breakaways. The auto back-skate thing doesn't help either as it will get you caught out of position from time to time when the CPU doesn't properly allow you to turn around fast enough. It still happens to me.

-As far as cherry-pickers, I rarely ever use the "Back" button to switch focus. My way to keep track of them is to either quickly count the number of their players when we are in the offensive zone to make sure they are all there and/or glance at the bottom of the screen for gray diamonds which signify an opposing player is off the screen in a cherrypicking position. If you notice someone cherrypicking, simply drift backwards towards the diamond a little. There's not much room for long passes to fit thru there and keep the guy onsides if you take away the angle for a direct pass right to them. To be honest Im not sure if we are just playing better defense lately but I haven't noticed very many teams relying on cherrypicking...

I can't stand using the classic cam. I like using the Be a pro cam, it makes playing as 'your pro' feel more authentic to me. Dunno why but I can't use any other cam angle in EASHL or OTP because it feels off

Marvie_3

Banned
zsswimmer said:
Had no idea the GM updates the records, thought it was done automatically.
The records in the OP. Thanks for not noticing my hard work. :(

zsswimmer said:
I can't stand using the classic cam. I like using the Be a pro cam, it makes playing as 'your pro' feel more authentic to me. Dunno why but I can't use any other cam angle in EASHL or OTP because it feels off
It took me awhile to get used to the classic cam, but it's so much better. I tried switching back to the BAP cam for a game and it was a disaster. Your view of the ice is so much better with classic.

Oh, we need to get on these legend cards ASAP. I hopped in a couple drop-in games tonight and had my grades ruined even more by dumbass teammates. I'm also getting sick of playing too strict of a game while I'm trying to improve grades. I'd love to play a more open game but I can't due to the game penalizing you so much for it.

zsswimmer said:

fair enough, whatever works best for you, doesn't have seemed to affect your play any, you're playing pretty awesome these days

we wont talk about that fight you lost in our playoff game though...

on another note, where the hell did RS4 go? He dropped off the face of the earth a few weeks ago, haven't seen him even post in here in awhile. We miss you Doc!

Marvie_3

Banned
TheVisualizer said:
on another note, where the hell did RS4 go? He dropped off the face of the earth a few weeks ago, haven't seen him even post in here in awhile. We miss you Doc!
I just sent him a PM a few minutes ago about coming back. :lol

Also, peterb0y(who is probably in jail for sexual assault and attempted murder for not informing an unwilling participant about his aids), laserbot(who is probably drunk in a gutter), and hardyboy(who is probably punching people in the throat) need to come back. <3

TheVisualizer said:
a couple things:

It's just hard because the camera cuts off at the blue line and so I'll be behind the blue line but they'll be cherry picking more than I dropped back and burn me or be faster than me. I think I'm on either classic or ice now and it cuts off at the blue line which is stupid. It doesn't happenn all the time but it still happens sometimes.

TheVisualizer said:
fair enough, whatever works best for you, doesn't have seemed to affect your play any, you're playing pretty awesome these days

His fighting stats have to be maxed out and then some. The guy yesterday was wailing on him and he was blocking and only lost a single bar from like 20 punches and then knocked the other guy out in 3 punches. :lol

yeah I personally have been using classic (or is there an overhead one? I know there's two similar ones) the be a pro camera is sweet as far as feeling close to the action but it really limits my vision of the ice

and I've spent the past few games trying to be a playmaking center...I think I'm getting better at faceoffs but it just feels weird. I always feel out of position and it feels sort of unnatural...I think I might be better off being a sniper wing

Zakkath

Yeah, I should have guessed. I didn't really think we were honestly. Heh, like we can win 2 games in-a-row, or even win any game at all. lol

zsswimmer

TheVisualizer said:
yahoo_107.gif

Even though I got the 'downed' animation I still think I won it, it gave our team's endurance a huge boost. I only run into those kinds of fighters every now and then, and by those kinds of fighters I mean people who not only spam punches the entire time but hardly ever miss when I move from side to side. When that happens all dodging skill goes out the window I just have to hope he misses lol.

And Zaraki my fighting skill is 90 lol. It used to be 99 but I optioned to use those extra points for checking (which is 99).

I can give yall a Knuckles Smith fighting tutorial if anyone wants to know :p lol

zsswimmer said:
yahoo_107.gif

Even though I got the 'downed' animation I still think I won it, it gave our team's endurance a huge boost. I only run into those kinds of fighters every now and then, and by those kinds of fighters I mean people who not only spam punches the entire time but hardly ever miss when I move from side to side. When that happens all dodging skill goes out the window I just have to hope he misses lol.

And Zaraki my fighting skill is 90 lol. It used to be 99 but I optioned to use those extra points for checking (which is 99).

I can give yall a Knuckles Smith fighting tutorial if anyone wants to know :p lol

Nice. I was just laughing my ass off that game where you just blocked for like 30 seconds and only lost 1 bar then threw 3 quick punches and it was over. :lol

zsswimmer

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Nice. I was just laughing my ass off that game where you just blocked for like 30 seconds and only lost 1 bar then threw 3 quick punches and it was over. :lol
Yep, most people spam punches from the get go and I usually block 10 or 15 before I even get started lol.

Zakkath said:
Yeah, I should have guessed. I didn't really think we were honestly. Heh, like we can win 2 games in-a-row, or even win any game at all. lol

hey man we won 1 game in a row in the playoffs yesterday...

not really, the EA servers crashed during the game and gave us the win, we were up 1-0 though

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
Marvie_3 said:
I know it's only been two months, but I'm already sick of updating 2nd round losses into the playoffs section.
But we can officially change our team name to the Sharks or Canucks now though, right?

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
TheVisualizer said:
how bout the Predators, that also has a good ring to it

edit: forgot they dont make it thru the first round...
i take comfort in the fact that they're never supposed to, but yea, it still stings man. :(

zsswimmer

Vis its absolutely ridiculous that we lost those games. I think the first we oushot our opponents like 25 to 10 and rang the post 4 times. Of course they score a garbage goal in overtime. Second one was just full of glitch news trying to toe drag from the face-off circles everytime. Smh

Marvie_3 said:
I already told Socreges on BBM that I was changing the name to the Canucks. :lol

it wont let us change the name, but we could do this...

562A0001_0_JPEG_SCREENSHOT_jXV.jpg

or more the subtle alternate logo

562A0001_2_JPEG_SCREENSHOT_qdI.jpg

rockin the Canucks logo should be good punishment to remind us of our playoff choking ways :D

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Dear lord that makes me want to vomit.

We should go with the majestic Maple Leaf, you guys know you want to...

Top Bottom