• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 11 EASHL Team (360)

zsswimmer

Marvie_3 said:
Congrats buddy! How'd you get it?

You're just jealous.
Thanks! Just some good games leading up to it. Started with a B- yesterday before Vis and I (and FOO G) played some games where I had some really good stats because of assists and no losses. Hopped on today and the first game I score a goal and get an assist, second game I get 3 assists and looked at the performance tracker to see I had an A- overall and Legends. Then I proceeded to jizz all over myself.

edit: So now I have some pretty decent defensive stats:

99 aggression
99 checking
99 defensive awareness
80 discipline
80 stick checking
99 fighting

Marvie_3

Banned
zsswimmer said:
Thanks! Just some good games leading up to it. Started with a B- yesterday before Vis and I (and FOO G) played some games where I had some really good stats because of assists and no losses. Hopped on today and the first game I score a goal and get an assist, second game I get 3 assists and looked at the performance tracker to see I had an A- overall and Legends. Then I proceeded to jizz all over myself.
:lol
zsswimmer said:
edit: So now I have some pretty decent murdering stats:

99 aggression
99 checking
99 defensive awareness
80 discipline
80 stick checking
99 fighting
Fixed.

Marvie_3

Banned
zsswimmer said:
Yeah hopefully I can injure more players now. Also have 99 strength as well =]
I took a bunch of points out of accel/agility, put them into speed/strength, and made my guy more of a masher now. I like it.

Marvie_3

Banned
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
And how. :(

Hey Marvie, Amazon has wireless headset for $25 if you're still looking for a headset.
Gahdammit. I already spent a few hundred dollars on Amazon in the last 2 days. :lol

How well does the wireless headset work? I've heard mixed reviews.

Edit: Nevermind. It's back up to $51.

zsswimmer said:
Should I go with my typical Tough Guy D-Man set up for playoffs or go with someone like a 2-way defender or Defensive-Defenseman?

play however you are most comfortable, not a good idea to go trying to change up your play style out of nowhere just for the playoffs

Marvie_3

Banned
TheVisualizer said:
play however you are most comfortable, not a good idea to go trying to change up your play style out of nowhere just for the playoffs
This.

Anybody else going to be around in case ph33nix has to go out and smoke drugs with his "friend"?

zsswimmer

Well I didn't know if it would give us a better chance to use a different build with high discipline and stick checking rather than 99 checking aggr and fighting :lol . We'll see how it goes, looking forward to it.

Marvie_3

Banned
zsswimmer said:
Well I didn't know if it would give us a better chance to use a different build with high discipline and stick checking rather than 99 checking aggr and fighting :lol . We'll see how it goes, looking forward to it.
Please don't fight if you can help it. Getting stuck with AI defense fuckin sucks. :lol

zsswimmer

Marvie_3 said:
Please don't fight if you can help it. Getting stuck with AI defense fuckin sucks. :lol
Well Vis will be playing defense as well. I won't do it tonight unless someone challenges you guys (good teamplay ++) or if we are down, I promise =]

Marvie_3

Banned
zsswimmer said:
Well Vis will be playing defense as well. I won't do it tonight unless someone challenges you guys (good teamplay ++) or if we are down, I promise =]
You already have your legend card. Just do what I do and say fuck teamplay. Make a good play even if it hurts your grades. My positioning score is shit right now but I make better plays because I don't have to follow that fucking arrow around. :lol

zsswimmer

Marvie_3 said:
You already have your legend card. Just do what I do and say fuck teamplay. Make a good play even if it hurts your grades. My positioning score is shit right now but I make better plays because I don't have to follow that fucking arrow around. :lol
Yeah thats true. I'm so relieved that I can actually try different builds like forwards (which I'm not very good at) and not worry about the damn grades.

to be honest I enjoy fighting people in this game lol, its a good challenge

Marvie_3

Banned
zsswimmer said:
Yeah thats true. I'm so relieved that I can actually try different builds like forwards (which I'm not very good at) and not worry about the damn grades.

to be honest I enjoy fighting people in this game lol, its a good challenge
I love not having to worry about grades anymore. I can actually play the way you should play instead of how EA thinks you're supposed to play.

zsswimmer

Man Thrashers have been doing some smashing.

5-0 against Caps
5-1 against Detroit
4-0 against Montreal

Puts me in a great mood for some hockey!

zsswimmer

Zakkath said:
Something's definetly wrong with this... Mtl were really aweful against them though.
Thrashers have been playing excellent. Too bad we to endure the attendance jokes from some of those fans who can't take a loss, sad.

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
So apparently if you win the playoff championship you get to continue playing playoff games and ruin the dreams of others. Seemingly.

Edit: Laaaame only let us play 1 extra bugged game :(

Marvie_3 said:
We got fuckin hosed tonight. Our goalies did us zero favors.

yeah, I don't know that I've played 2 games in a row this year where our goalies played worse, it was like we had some shitty OTP goalie that didn't know what he was doing.

Marvie_3

Banned
Zakkath said:
I wouldn't expect many people to be online on sunday around 6pm...
I didn't mean playing right now. Usually there's some ridiculous banter going on but its been pretty quiet this weekend.

Marvie_3 said:
I didn't mean playing right now. Usually there's some ridiculous banter going on but its been pretty quiet this weekend.

sorry I ran out of jersey ideas for you to mock and ridicule, i will have to find something else to converse about :D

despite what happened in the playoffs this month, we only finished 2 games below .500 this month which is pretty damn good

next month we gotta shoot for a winning record

Marvie_3

Banned
TheVisualizer said:
sorry I ran out of jersey ideas for you to mock and ridicule, i will have to find something else to converse about :D
Just throw together some random colors like you always do. :D

TheVisualizer said:
despite what happened in the playoffs this month, we only finished 2 games below .500 this month which is pretty damn good

next month we gotta shoot for a winning record
Playoffs were fuckin bullshit but a .500+ record should be doable. I think we need to run some practices though. We were a mess the other night.

Marvie_3 said:
Just throw together some random colors like you always do. :D

Playoffs were fuckin bullshit but a .500+ record should be doable. I think we need to run some practices though. We were a mess the other night.

mandatory practice before the playoffs would prob be a good idea going forward as we rarely have 5 on during the regular season. 2 or 3 scrimmages against the CPU would prob go a long way in helping us win in the playoffs, as at least it would give everyone a few games to shake the rust off and get a feel for playing with a full squad before the real thing

Top Bottom