• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 11 EASHL Team (360)

zsswimmer

Vis, Zaraki, and I just beat a team who, in the 3 periods, had :54 seconds of time on attack. :lol

Score was 6-1 because of our defenders put it in our own goal. Vis had 100% faceoff wins. These guys were absolute garbage.

what up bumpkin, long time, yeah must have been u holding us back all this time :D

me, swimmer and zaraki finished out the season on a pretty high note (zaraki we are just gonna pretend like the last game didn't happen, ok). Our goal this month was to finish above .500 and we smashed that going 33-13-4. My math says thats 16 games above .500, great job to all who contributed this month!

we will also be adding some new hardware with the ELITE FINISH trophy since we finished the season in the Glitcher Division AKA Elite. All thats left is to raise our 1st banner with a successful playoff run tomorrow.

zsswimmer

I'm not 100% sure I'll be able to play tomorrow. I might be going to watch some hockey at 7pm EST but I will post here to make sure someone takes my spot if I will be missing.

TheVisualizer said:
what up bumpkin, long time, yeah must have been u holding us back all this time :D

me, swimmer and zaraki finished out the season on a pretty high note (zaraki we are just gonna pretend like the last game didn't happen, ok). Our goal this month was to finish above .500 and we smashed that going 33-13-4. My math says thats 16 games above .500, great job to all who contributed this month!

we will also be adding some new hardware with the ELITE FINISH trophy since we finished the season in the Glitcher Division AKA Elite. All thats left is to raise our 1st banner with a successful playoff run tomorrow.

I just want the acheivement for winning playoff game. Damn robo Jagr stole my only win. :(

Damn, If I get my grade up to a B, I'll unlock 2 new cards. :( What's easiest forward "type" to grind grades? Or is defense easier?

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
I just want the acheivement for winning playoff game. Damn robo Jagr stole my only win. :(

Damn, If I get my grade up to a B, I'll unlock 2 new cards. :( What's easiest forward "type" to grind grades? Or is defense easier?

Player Type doesn't really matter as much as what you do on the ice. Stats should be the only really hard category to get a good grade in. Positioning is easy you shouldn't be getting less than a A- if you follow the blue arrow around.

For TeamPlay make sure you are doing a lot of hitting and passing, and make sure you make your passes count, focus on being accurate. If your build doesn't have enough strength or body checking add some so the hitting is easier to do.

For stats you're just gonna have to make good things happen on the ice or be part of a juggernaut team in a blowout win.

Defense is hard to grind in Drop-In Games because you rarely get passed the puck. Any assists or goals you get are gonna have to be the result of hard work on your part. You are better off sticking with a forward.

TheVisualizer said:
Player Type doesn't really matter as much as what you do on the ice. Stats should be the only really hard category to get a good grade in. Positioning is easy you shouldn't be getting less than a A- if you follow the blue arrow around.

For TeamPlay make sure you are doing a lot of hitting and passing, and make sure you make your passes count, focus on being accurate. If your build doesn't have enough strength or body checking add some so the hitting is easier to do.

For stats you're just gonna have to make good things happen on the ice or be part of a juggernaut team in a blowout win.

Defense is hard to grind in Drop-In Games because you rarely get passed the puck. Any assists or goals you get are gonna have to be the result of hard work on your part. You are better off sticking with a forward.

Dunno, my team play always sucks but I haven't been hitting since my playmaker can't really hit. I guess I'll try messing with power forward again.

zsswimmer

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Dunno, my team play always sucks but I haven't been hitting since my playmaker can't really hit. I guess I'll try messing with power forward again.
Hitting definitely boosts teamplay

zsswimmer

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
WTF, I just got A's in all my stats in the last OTP game and it didn't count it in my stats... Why does this game hate me?

Does it have to be ranked?
Yeah unranked games don't count, ranked games take 3 of em to reflect in your stats (as I learned in this thread :D )

Marvie_3

Banned
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:

Use a power forward and hit the shit out of anything that moves. Try to chip in with at least an assist per game and play your position as good as possible. If you get 10+ hits in a game, you can get a penalty or two and not get docked for it. Just don't turn it over much and clear the puck on the PK and you'll be fine. Don't even try to dominate a game. Just concentrate on playing smart and you'll have it in no time.

If you don't feel like reading all that, just play smart. :lol

Marvie_3 said:
Use a power forward and hit the shit out of anything that moves. Try to chip in with at least an assist per game and play your position as good as possible. If you get 10+ hits in a game, you can get a penalty or two and not get docked for it. Just don't turn it over much and clear the puck on the PK and you'll be fine. Don't even try to dominate a game. Just concentrate on playing smart and you'll have it in no time.

If you don't feel like reading all that, just play smart. :lol

I dunno, I feel like I am playing smart but it's hard since you get literally 0 team work. I usually have to play different so we don't lose by 10 goals and can't get enough touches with puck hogs.

Marvie_3

Banned
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
I dunno, I feel like I am playing smart but it's hard since you get literally 0 team work. I usually have to play different so we don't lose by 10 goals and can't get enough touches with puck hogs.
I got mine playing OTP. Maybe you just suck. :p

Marvie_3

Banned
TheVisualizer said:
If you think I'm bad, you should have seen my brother today :lol
Nah, you're not that bad. ph33nix is better this year than he was last year too. Last year I had played 100+ more games than he had yet he was still killing me in shots. :lol

so from what I gather, Marvie your intention is to play the playoff game Tuesday evening right?

Can we get a roll call on who's gonna be available from my list of people I feel should be allowed to play in this month's playoffs:

1)swimmer
2)zaraki
3)marvie
4)visualizer
5)pheenix
6)sefskillz
7)zakkath
8)schuey

swimmer already said he can't make it, so I'm inclined to say we postpone the game for him...

Marvie_3

Banned
ph33nix said:
what can i say? shotters gonna shot
You weren't just a shooter, you were the place where passing went to die. :lol

TheVisualizer said:
so from what I gather, Marvie your intention is to play the playoff game Tuesday evening right?

Can we get a roll call on who's gonna be available from my list of people I feel should be allowed to play in this month's playoffs:

swimmer already said he can't make it, so I'm inclined to say we postpone the game for him...
Tuesday and Thursday nights would work best for me. If we play Wednesday night, I wouldn't be able to make it until 11pm EST.

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
im pretty far down the list, but ill be at the preds game tuesday night, so i cant make that. wednesday or thursday would work though

Marvie_3 said:
You weren't just a shooter, you were the place where passing went to die. :lol

don't hate! the "give the puck to me and get the fuck out of the way" strategy worked sometimes :D

i have to admit i felt a little tingly inside whenever someone declared that as plan B/C/D/whatever. it's like a lebron james isolation in hockey!

zsswimmer

TheVisualizer said:

I'm not 100% I can't make it, but my dad, brother and I like to go watch our local hockey team and usually go to a lot of games so there's a good chance we'll be there. Like I said, I'll let everyone know if I'm going. I don't want to delay the games so if yall wanna play go ahead without me (if I do go to watch hockey).

how about we shoot for wednesday night sometime between 6pm-11pm. Remember to shake the rust off, whoever is playing on the playoff team will be running 2-4 practice games against the CPU beforehand so we dont have a repeat of last month's debacle.

Right now the tentative roster is:

LW - marvie
C- sefskillz / visualizer / pheenix
RW - zaraki / sefskillz / zakkath
LD - schuey / visualizer
RD - swimmer

me and pheenix have volunteered to give up our spots this month already, but if we can't field a full team, one or both of us will take a spot. I volunteered you for center duty sef cuz there's no way you can be worse at faceoffs than zaraki :lol unless marvie wants to play center?

zaraki, schuey let me know if wednesday night in that timeframe is good, I think all the other people I have penciled in to start should be good.

i don't mind being center, i will make my faceoffs 99 and not smoke weed and be a distraction, but my best best position is LW, then RW. but i have versatility!

ph33nix said:
i don't mind being center but my best best position is LW, then RW. but i have versatility!

i know, you are the Lebron of the Gypsies, you put up crazy scoring numbers, can play multiple positions... and sure as the sun rises you choke in playoffs everytime :D

its just for the playoff roster we have a lack of options at center, I'd actually like to play center in the playoffs one of these months as I play it a lot in the regular season now, but we will need to find a suitable replacement for me at LD which schuey or kave_man could be once if they get more games under their belts.

zsswimmer

edit: Thursday will be fine I think
TheVisualizer said:
i know, you are the Lebron of the Gypsies, you put up crazy scoring numbers, can play multiple positions... and sure as the sun rises you choke in playoffs everytime :D

its just for the playoff roster we have a lack of options at center, I'd actually like to play center in the playoffs one of these months as I play it a lot in the regular season now, but we will need to find a suitable replacement for me at LD which schuey or kave_man could be once if they get more games under their belts.
I'd rather you play defense with me. No offense towards the other defenders, they are great at it but during playoffs we need the two top defenders who also have played a ton of games as a defensive pairing. Better to have a strong defense than faceoffs imo for playoffs anyways.

Marvie_3

Banned
TheVisualizer said:
Right now the tentative roster is:

LW - marvie
C- sefskillz / visualizer / pheenix
RW - zaraki / sefskillz / zakkath
LD - schuey / visualizer
RD - swimmer
Switch me to RW. I've been playing there a ton lately and I've found I play better there than at LW.

TheVisualizer said:
shit I read Marvie's post wrong, he can't make it until late on Wednesday, how about Thursday night then everyone?
Thursday works for me.

zsswimmer said:
edit: Thursday will be fine I think

I'd rather you play defense with me. No offense towards the other defenders, they are great at it but during playoffs we need the two top defenders who also have played a ton of games as a defensive pairing. Better to have a strong defense than faceoffs imo for playoffs anyways.
Agreed. Viz, you're easily our best d-man. We need you more there than at center.

sefskillz

im good for thursday, but holy shit dont put me at center. i couldnt stomach the groans from you guys as i lose every faceoff

thursday night is a maybe. i'm going back home tomorrow, and there is a chance i may be out thursday. but we will see. i'll post if i can/can't. what time were you guys thinking? i'll be back in CT

Marvie_3

Banned
sefskillz said:
im good for thursday, but holy shit dont put me at center. i couldnt stomach the groans from you guys as i lose every faceoff
Whats the difference between those groans and the ones you hear all the other times you screw up? ;)

Marvie_3

Banned
sefskillz said:
this one isnt doing it for you anymore, marvie? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AX4tSBPSViE
v62gqo.jpg

Marvie_3 said:
Anybody up for some GAF v GAF games tonight? I'll be home around 10:30.

yeah sounds good ill be on

btw, now that we got confirmations from everybody, playoff roster is set for tomorrow evening

forwards:
-marvie
-zaraki
-sef
you guys can figure out what positions you are gonna play

defensemen:
swimmer
schuey

I'll be on to practice against you and in case someone no shows, how about we shoot for 8pm EST, should be late enough that it wont inconvenience anyone but not past any of you boy's bedtimes...

Marvie_3

Banned
TheVisualizer said:
yeah sounds good ill be on

btw, now that we got confirmations from everybody, playoff roster is set for tomorrow evening

forwards:
-marvie
-zaraki
-sef
you guys can figure out what positions you are gonna play

defensemen:
swimmer
schuey

I'll be on to practice against you and in case someone no shows, how about we shoot for 8pm EST, should be late enough that it wont inconvenience anyone but not past any of you boy's bedtimes...
I can play center if nobody else wants to. I've gotten a bit better at faceoffs. Still not great though.

sefskillz

Marvie_3 said:
I can play center if nobody else wants to. I've gotten a bit better at faceoffs. Still not great though.
I've only got like 300 xp total to spend and none of it is going towards faceoffs!

Top Bottom