• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 11 EASHL Team (360)

Marvie_3

Banned
Nozdeuce said:
Survivor's guilt. I dunno, I'm still subscribed so I skim occasionally. I miss Pheenix too, we had so any huge late game comebacks last year. If you want a change of pace Viz you're more than welcome to be a rental player for the IceCawks if you'd like.
So the guy who felt he was too good to play with a bunch of new players, is now trying to recruit them? Get out. :lol

Nozdeuce said:
Survivor's guilt. I dunno, I'm still subscribed so I skim occasionally. I miss Pheenix too, we had so any huge late game comebacks last year. If you want a change of pace Viz you're more than welcome to be a rental player for the IceCawks if you'd like.

appreciate the gesture, but I'm GAF or nothing at all, besides you guys have an even worse name then we do...

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
TheVisualizer said:
appreciate the gesture, but I'm GAF or nothing at all, besides you guys have an even worse name then we do...
But we make up for it with jerseys brighter than the green of your avatar :(

Marv you getting the Vietnam dlc for bad company?

Nozdeuce

Marvie_3 said:
Yeah. Won't have a chance to play until thursday though
Pimp, I've worked off all my rust over the weekend so I'm more than ready to go.

Nozdeuce

Marvie_3 said:
I woulda played... :(
:( you didn't miss much, my team was horrible and I instantly had like 3x as many points as anyone on either team. I was shocked at the end when it turned out I had a positive ratio, apparently the blinding rage I was in the entire time worked wonders. dunno if I had an aneurysm or if it was more of a brain tumor/hemorrhage kind of a situation

Marvie_3

Banned
Nozdeuce said:
:( you didn't miss much, my team was horrible and I instantly had like 3x as many points as anyone on either team. I was shocked at the end when it turned out I had a positive ratio, apparently the blinding rage I was in the entire time worked wonders. dunno if I had an aneurysm or if it was more of a brain tumor/hemorrhage kind of a situation
I've noticed that ever since Black Ops came out, the BC2 community seems to be either really shitty players or dickbags that use every shitty tactic in the game. There's no middle ground anymore. :lol

So do we have a state of the union address on the club? :(

I know I haven't appeared as much. You've probably seen me on NCAA or NBA a lot more, but I feel like I never want to play when you guys are on or I can't....and to be honest I kind of am just not feeling the clubs as much this year. This might be because I don't have a microphone, or that I just feel like I've sucked more, but this year just doesn't have the same charm as last year's. I've had some good times this year but I guess its felt more like a drag to get through games

with all that said...I might get BC:2 and Vietnam. LET'S SQUAD UP

Marvie_3

Banned
ph33nix said:
So do we have a state of the union address on the club? :(

I know I haven't appeared as much. You've probably seen me on NCAA or NBA a lot more, but I feel like I never want to play when you guys are on or I can't....and to be honest I kind of am just not feeling the clubs as much this year. This might be because I don't have a microphone, or that I just feel like I've sucked more, but this year just doesn't have the same charm as last year's. I've had some good times this year but I guess its felt more like a drag to get through games

with all that said...I might get BC:2 and Vietnam. LET'S SQUAD UP
I think we should all just take a break until this month's playoffs. I've been so damn busy lately and I'm burned out on everything. Working retail in a mall over xmas has fried me. We had a fuckin awesome month but I think a bit of time off would help all of us. Seems like most of us were really busy/burned out.

I know how you feel about "sucking more". I'm the same way when I've actually been playing soooo much better than I did last year.

The charm from last year isn't quite here though and I'm probably to blame for that. I wanted to make sure to include any and all new players this year and the whole roster split at the beginning seemed to offput some of the vets from last year. It could also be because I'm the only alcoholic on the team now, we aren't making constant rape jokes about peterboy, and we don't have the soothing voice of robo-ph33nix and his magical smoke alarm to lighten the mood. The lack of the absurd in-game distractions may explain why we're playing better this year though. :lol

I did pick up Vietnam if you wanna play sometime, ph33nix.

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
surely we can reunite for the playoffs? should be a pretty tame week for me, plenty of free time

I am officially back from my latest "ragequit hiatus" from the club and am ready to go whenever. Marvie has promised we will be changing up the jerseys soon and I've returned with reinforcements too as I bought my brother the game for Christmas and he will be joining the Working Class Gypsies.

Marvie_3

Banned
A few of the jerseys I've been working on:

brs8k.jpg

atrUG.jpg

2Yl7P.jpg

NSKAZ.jpg

jhe5S.jpg

ahfzF.jpg

And some I was inspired to make during the Raiders game today. I threw in some NeoGAF orange out of boredom.....a decision I now regret. :lol

S8XM6.jpg

pDFbV.jpg

Edit: I didn't mess with the gloves. They obviously won't be red. :lol

All those jerseys are shit, absolutely the worst trash I've ever seen.

how does it feel to have your hard work shat on Marvie?

the black/gray/orange ones are the only ones I like, but they need a little tweaking to get a passing grade

ph33nix said:
i want silver and black jerseys

best colors

no i am not a raiders fan

this man knows what he is talkin about, I counter with these slightly modified versions:

front.jpg

back.jpg

I darkened the silver a bit more so they aren't blatant rip offs of that shit team that plays in Oakland and added a bit more orange to the black jersey

were we going to do playoffs tonight or something?

I've been thinking about getting a mic but i don't know. i live with 3 others and i can imagine myself not really ever wanting to speak much

life was better when i lived alone and shouted at marvie all i wanted :(

ph33nix said:
were we going to do playoffs tonight or something?

I've been thinking about getting a mic but i don't know. i live with 3 others and i can imagine myself not really ever wanting to speak much

life was better when i lived alone and shouted at marvie all i wanted :(

i can't believe you don't have one by now with all the other leagues you are in, I would have thought you would have sprung for one just to talk shit to the clowns in the NBA 2K league

if you ain't strapped for cash it might help if you got one, just for communications sake. We don't do too much talking but when we do sometimes its the difference between winning and losing. I know there are times I've tried telling you stuff during the game like "cut to the net" or "stop standing in the corner alone by yourself!". Besides, you can harass Marvie all game long, so there really isn't any downside :D

for playoffs I'm down for whatever, as for the squad I think only 8 people should qualify for this month's team going off games played in december:

1)swimmer
2)zaraki
3)marvie
4)visualizer
5)pheenix
6)sefskillz
7)zakkath
8)schuey (he's new but he played a lot of games this month and posts in here a good bit)

I'll give my spot up on D if schuey wants to play this month, it's only right since I abandoned yall again for a couple weeks...

i'll think about it, a mic is just annoying because i don't want to talk and have my roommates be confused and shit. plus there are times when they'll walk into my room and be like "can you come out for a moment?" and i'm like HEY I'M CLEARLY FUCKING BUSY :lol i don't need a microphone to accompany that!

i've also abandoned the team for much time so i'd be willing to give up a playoff spot. but i <3 the playoffs so much so it'd suck :(

my brother joined the team today here's his info:

GAF name: Karasawa II (mod's haven't approved his acct yet)
XBL GT: Karasawa II
Player Name: Sawa
Number: 40
Position: Center

Marvie, I had him send a friend request to GAF EASHL

we are about to play a few games if anyone wants to join us

I'll be on in a minute, I just gotta switch from Madden. I like the blue, yellow, and black but you bastards already decided. :( Raiders suck!

Edit: You already started so I'll finish my half done madden game then switch.

Marvie_3

Banned
ph33nix said:
i'll think about it, a mic is just annoying because i don't want to talk and have my roommates be confused and shit. plus there are times when they'll walk into my room and be like "can you come out for a moment?" and i'm like HEY I'M CLEARLY FUCKING BUSY :lol i don't need a microphone to accompany that!

i've also abandoned the team for much time so i'd be willing to give up a playoff spot. but i <3 the playoffs so much so it'd suck :(
You do need a mic. The rest of the team needs to hear the awesomeness of your deep black man voice. :D

TheVisualizer said:
Marvie, I had him send a friend request to GAF EASHL
I'll accept it as soon as I get home.

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
I like the blue, yellow, and black but you bastards already decided. :( Raiders suck!
I had a few more ideas but everyone seems to like the black/silver so I'll save them. :D

zsswimmer

Nice couple of games there. Karasawa nice goals, probably going to have more points than me in 15 games or so :lol . You gotta pass it more though, can't keep cutting into the high slot and throwing up the dangles, theres too much of a turnover risk with that. Those goals that you did get were nice though.

That was pretty funny on your post shot Vis. You did about everything but score, hit the post, bounce back down. It was probably about an inch away from passing the goal line but the goalie made some spectacular stick save.

Marvie_3

Banned
I should be home tomorrow by 5pm EST if anyone wants to get a few practice games in before we win our banner.

Did the jerseys look badass?

zsswimmer

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Sure as long as you stop losing every fight you're in! ;)

Takes you an hour to eat? :lol
Im assuming the time includes the time it takes to cook it :p

Hey and did you see my 2nd game. Made a guy turtle twice!

bumpkin

Yeeeaaaaahhh... I'm alive, I swear. I've just been wholly sucked-in by trying to 100% Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood and playing NBA Jam with my buddies. It hasn't left me a whole lot of time to pop in NHL; though it doesn't help that I'm never able to play when most of you guys are. :-/

Who's still playin' these days? Been having better luck without me making dumb mistakes or taking bad penalties? :lol

Top Bottom