• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 11 EASHL Team (360)

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
that's exactly the kind of info I needed but was too lazy to look myself. thanks

zsswimmer

Maybe we should get Vis to announce when we are playing since everyone comes out of the fucking woodwork to play when Vis does. That or pretend that the playoffs are about to start, that gets everybody who hardly plays to come >:/

Marvie_3

Banned
This was me tonight waiting for people to show up and play:

160g6005g633.gif

Marvie_3 said:
This was me tonight waiting for people to show up and play:

160g6005g633.gif
OY! I was on at 8:30, and you were playing RDR. So I waited. And waited. And I updated my xbox live man to wear a suit. Then I logged off and played Empire: Total War and hated it.

Nozdeuce

SnakeswithLasers said:
OY! I was on at 8:30, and you were playing RDR. So I waited. And waited. And I updated my xbox live man to wear a suit. Then I logged off and played Empire: Total War and hated it.
Sounds like you broke even

Nozdeuce

SnakeswithLasers said:
IOU 1 (one) lol smiley.
hows the cold?

And yeeeah, I've been studying for exams and shit, if you've seen me on i've just been Netflixing or streaming videos, about all I can handle for now

Nozdeuce said:
hows the cold?

And yeeeah, I've been studying for exams and shit, if you've seen me on i've just been Netflixing or streaming videos, about all I can handle for now
Eh, feeling a bit better. Working again, so there's that... =/

Played a bit of Darksiders while I was sick. That game is too hard. I'm such a bad.

Nozdeuce

SnakeswithLasers said:
Eh, feeling a bit better. Working again, so there's that... =/

Played a bit of Darksiders while I was sick. That game is too hard. I'm such a bad.
:( to both

I liked Darksiders until I didn't. Find Zelda boring but Darksiders kinda refreshing, at least for a while, then just lost interest.

Marvie_3

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
You could have sent me a message. 99% of the time I'll hop off and play hockey.

zsswimmer said:
This is me:

Gaf-member-says-he-will-play-today-Ill-just-wait-for-him-to-get-on.jpg
Post of the century.

Nozdeuce said:
:( to both

I liked Darksiders until I didn't. Find Zelda boring but Darksiders kinda refreshing, at least for a while, then just lost interest.
I'm probably in exactly the same boat. I was really enjoying the setting and most everything, but was sure that it would get boring soon, as my attention span holds much sway over my opinions. Fortunately (unfortunately?), I got stuck on killing a giant bat before I got bored of the game. Oh well, it was only $13 from Amazon.

Nozdeuce

SnakeswithLasers said:
I'm probably in exactly the same boat. I was really enjoying the setting and most everything, but was sure that it would get boring soon, as my attention span holds much sway over my opinions. Fortunately (unfortunately?), I got stuck on killing a giant bat before I got bored of the game. Oh well, it was only $13 from Amazon.
lol I don't even remember killing a giant bat, I'm sure there is one though somewhere between the giant sandworm and the spidery type thing. The thing that really wore me down the most were the zelda boomerang puzzles, throwing through fire first then a certain sequence. ugh. I'd be vaguely interested in the sequel if they're able to break away more and make it more of their own game.

Nozdeuce said:
lol I don't even remember killing a giant bat, I'm sure there is one though somewhere between the giant sandworm and the spidery type thing. The thing that really wore me down the most were the zelda boomerang puzzles, throwing through fire first then a certain sequence. ugh. I'd be vaguely interested in the sequel if they're able to break away more and make it more of their own game.
I'm pretty sure the giant bat is the first boss. I had to do some dumb puzzles, but they weren't so bad. But, again, I'm sure I'd be tired of it soon enough.

I have Deadspace 2 sitting in its box too. I played the first 15 and am already bored. I don't think I'm going to be over my shooter fatigue anytime soon.

If only I could get Empire to run well, that might actually be redeemable. But waiting for 40 seconds in between turns while doing absolutely nothing is irritating. Especially when some of my turns are only 20 seconds long. EU3 and its "everyone is going all at once, if you're overwhelmed, pause it" mentality is the right way, in my opinion. But I don't want to spend $20 for a(nother) patch disguised as an expansion pack just to get the play enhancements that ought to be in the core experience.

Marvie_3

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
I have Deadspace 2 sitting in its box too. I played the first 15 and am already bored. I don't think I'm going to be over my shooter fatigue anytime soon.
That's about how long it took me to get bored with the first one.

Nozdeuce

SnakeswithLasers said:
I'm pretty sure the giant bat is the first boss. I had to do some dumb puzzles, but they weren't so bad. But, again, I'm sure I'd be tired of it soon enough.

If only I could get Empire to run well, that might actually be redeemable. But waiting for 40 seconds in between turns while doing absolutely nothing is irritating. Especially when some of my turns are only 20 seconds long. EU3 and its "everyone is going all at once, if you're overwhelmed, pause it" mentality is the right way, in my opinion. But I don't want to spend $20 for a(nother) patch disguised as an expansion pack just to get the play enhancements that ought to be in the core experience.
Ahh, yeah I wasn't doubting you, just couldn't remember, the entire game has sort of gelled into some generic Zelda clone in my mind.

I liked Dead Space 2 more than 1, thought the roller coaster was more better. Liked the better variety in enemies and environments. The space raptor (miniboss fights? i guess?) were pretty awesome and tense, even if they did get reused a bunch.

Sucks about Empire :( You ever play Sins of a Solar Empire? Everyone seems to like it, but I'm too dumb and ADD to play type of game on a computer, ipad I could manage I think.

Funny story about Sins of a Solar Empire. I bought it when it originally released, some 300 years ago on a plastic disk that I had to manually insert into my computer.

Well, last year I decided I wanted to play it again, so I got out my disk and serial number and put it into my laptop. The goddamn game wouldn't let me patch because it said I was using an invalid copy. So I emailed the people about it, and after about a month's worth of email exchanges, including photos of my game disk and serial number, they finally said my account was active. So I installed again, logged into their site, and then found that they don't actually have any fucking patches out for me to download.

Oh well, that game was too hard for me anyway. Space has too many directions.

Nozdeuce

SnakeswithLasers said:
Funny story about Sins of a Solar Empire. I bought it when it originally released, some 300 years ago on a plastic disk that I had to manually insert into my computer.

Well, last year I decided I wanted to play it again, so I got out my disk and serial number and put it into my laptop. The goddamn game wouldn't let me patch because it said I was using an invalid copy. So I emailed the people about it, and after about a month's worth of email exchanges, including photos of my game disk and serial number, they finally said my account was active. So I installed again, logged into their site, and then found that they don't actually have any fucking patches out for me to download.

Oh well, that game was too hard for me anyway. Space has too many directions.
haha wow. okay okay, despite you being impossible what about High Noon for ios. You duel people over the internets, occasionally getting the urge to slam your device against something hard. I like it, it's a pretty decent way of killing some time, though it doesn't seem to be a very realistic depiction of the Old West, there's hardly any racism.

Marvie_3

Banned
Alright, we really need to play soon. Who is available when?

I can play after 10:30pm EST tomorrow, 10:30 Wed (maybe earlier, 9:30 Thurs. My parents are going to be in town this weekend so I wouldn't be able to play until Sunday night.

Nozdeuce

I'm likely good for tonight, around midnight est, possibly ever so slightly earlier

Top Bottom