• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 11 EASHL Team (360)

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
Marvie_3 said:
Slightly? They need to tone it down a LOT.
It's a matter of people using what's effective. In BF2 my greatest fear was tanks, only two classes could dent them and even then it wasn't easy. Snipers were more or less an after thought, I did most of my ground pounding unmolested by snipers. In my experience (I played a trillion hours) it was primarily about squad vs squad engagements. My squad going for whatever capture point vs enemy squad (or 2, or 3) doing the same. Assaulting, flanking, outmaneuvering, outplaying them, whatever. There were snipers definitely, but it'd be 1 or 2 on top of some building somewhere, and they'd camp and get a couple kills now and then because they were so far out of the fight (mostly) but a lot of them prolly got more kills via them Claymoring themselves into their position.

Even playing Conquest on the BC2 maps doesn't feel right to me compared to BF2, the desert map with the bridge and construction buildings, to me just seems like a series of tunnels. There's the main road, the higher path above it, the lower path beneath it, then onto the bridge area, go on left side of the bridge, right, down along beside it. All straight lines, all perfect sniping galleries. BF2 definitely had straight lines, but for the most part nothing so egregious

zsswimmer

If BF3 has maps anywhere as epic as they were in BF2, then all shall be good. That's the problem with BC2, there's not many ways to approach capturing a base, since the boundaries are narrow as fuck.

The thing about BF2 sniping was that the maps were so huge that a good sniper could use that to their advantage and pick off targets easily. I could never get sniping, I'm not good at predicting how high above the head I should aim and how far to lead.

Nozdeuce

SnakeswithLasers said:
What's the story with your tag Noz? I've never understood it. Was there actually multiplayer in mgs4?
Yep! It was pretty fuckin weird/unique, youtube Metal Gear Online. Anyway, when the beta launched everyone wanted to play together but you had to be a certain level to create the clan, for whatever reason I hit the level first. So I created the clan and ended up getting everyone going together. When the retail game launched I was more interested in playing MGO (the multiplayer) than singleplayer so I again ended up being the first to hit the level to create the clan and did so again. It was a bit of work, Konami couldn't have organized the clan system any fucking worse. Aaaand there were various Mods chillin/playing with us. WasabiKing hooked me up.

zsswimmer

Good games tonight, shitty outcomes.

Much, much better puck movement, I think everyone recognized that. It's a shame some of our chances didn't go in, but that's just NHL 11 for you. We had a really nice play where one of the wingers hooked up Schuey in the slot who then top shelfed it, good play.

It was fun getting a good group back again, hopefully it can stay this way but my fingers aren't crossed :p

Nozdeuce

SnakeswithLasers said:
Nice. You're a natural born leader.
But I knew there was online in MGS, I was just being sarcastic since it was so broken.
WAS THAT SARCASTIC TOO?

Swim Swim happy now?

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah good games. Passing was good. I had a bit of trouble passing off the face-off though. Just need to make quicker decisions.

Nozdeuce

Uhhhh, apparently I assisted on every goal in every game until the last one.
WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS PASSING HORSESHIT

Marvie_3 said:
Glad to have you back Viz. We were kind of a mess tonight but we haven't had that many playing in awhile.

thanks captain, it was a good run, but I think I'm gonna quit again
at some point more than likely :)

Marvie_3

Banned
So after a little experimenting, its become even more obvious that the speed and acceleration attributes are totally worthless. Here's my before and after athletics attributes:

BEFORE
Acceleration: 80 (+5)
Agility: 75
Balance: 89 (+5)
Durability: 60
Endurance: 80 (+5)
Speed: 80 (+5)
Strength: 94 (+5)

AFTER
Acceleration: 71
Agility: 85 (+5)
Balance: 90 (+5)
Endurance: 85 (+5)
Speed: 65 (+5)

HUGE difference. My player feels about a million times faster. I highly recommend adjusting your builds.

TheVisualizer said:
thanks captain, it was a good run, but I think I'm gonna quit again
at some point more than likely :)
Take Manchot with you next time then.

Marvie_3 said:
So after a little experimenting, its become even more obvious that the speed and acceleration attributes are totally worthless. Here's my before and after athletics attributes:

BEFORE
Acceleration: 80 (+5)
Agility: 75
Balance: 89 (+5)
Endurance: 80 (+5)
Speed: 80 (+5)

AFTER
Acceleration: 71
Agility: 85 (+5)
Balance: 90 (+5)
Endurance: 85 (+5)
Speed: 65 (+5)

HUGE difference. My player feels about a million times faster. I highly recommend adjusting your builds.

Take Manchot with you next time then.

Me and Vis did pretty well together last night! :(

And what player type did you use for those stats?

And don't worry, we'll probably quit to play top spin. :lol

Marvie_3

Banned
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Me and Vis did pretty well together last night! :(

And what player type did you use for those stats?

And don't worry, we'll probably quit to play top spin. :lol
More like Viz carried you the whole game.

My usual power forward build.

Nozdeuce

zsswimmer said:
So endurance is a worthwhile investment?
I always need at least 85 or I slow to a crawl

Me:
Accel: 85
Agility: 85
Balance: 73
durability: 62
Endurance: 85
Speed: 93
Strength: 94

I tried the no speed points like Viz had posted about a while back but it just didn't do anything for me.

zsswimmer

Nozdeuce said:
I always need at least 85 or I slow to a crawl

Me:
Accel: 85
Agility: 85
Balance: 73
durability: 62
Endurance: 85
Speed: 93
Strength: 94

I tried the no speed points like Viz had posted about a while back but it just didn't do anything for me.
I tried it too but it just felt different to me, I'll probably try it again and put a lot of points into endurance. Anyways, since playing Tough-guy DMan you don't get to be too generous with your point distribution on anything but defense, which is funny because the tough guy dman build is so much better than using a defensive dman build. Better everything. Anyways heres mine:

Acceleration: 75
Agility: 75 (+5)
Balance: 75
Endurance: 70-75
Speed: 80
Strength: 99

:(

Marvie_3

Banned
Nozdeuce said:
I always need at least 85 or I slow to a crawlMe:Accel: 85Agility: 85Balance: 73durability: 62Endurance: 85Speed: 93Strength: 94I tried the no speed points like Viz had posted about a while back but it just didn't do anything for me.
It depends on where the other stat points are put. If you crank agility waaay up it makes your player way quicker.

I'm gonna play around with it later and see if player type has any effect on it.

zsswimmer said:
I tried it too but it just felt different to me, I'll probably try it again and put a lot of points into endurance. Anyways, since playing Tough-guy DMan you don't get to be too generous with your point distribution on anything but defense, which is funny because the tough guy dman build is so much better than using a defensive dman build. Better everything. Anyways heres mine:

Acceleration: 75
Agility: 75 (+5)
Balance: 75
Endurance: 70-75
Speed: 80
Strength: 99

:(
Agility would help more than speed as a d-man. It'd help you more since you'd be able to make small positioning moves quicker.

If you just use the "test on ice" thing it doesn't really give you a good idea. Hop in an OTP game and test it out there.

Nozdeuce

Marvie_3 said:
It depends on where the other stat points are put. If you crank agility waaay up it makes your player way quicker.

I'm gonna play around with it later and see if player type has any effect on it.
Ahh. Not a fan of you're before stats anyway though :p 75 agility is sooooo little
BUY MORE BOOSTS

zsswimmer

SCHUEY F1 said:
Is there any point to allocating xp to offensive awareness?
Apparently it's 'easier' to find the back of the net. I'm assuming your build is an offensive dman so i'd stick to a strong slapshot, wrist shot, and have good passing/puck control.

Nozdeuce

SCHUEY F1 said:
For a while as a sniper I had 99 Offensive Awareness, Wrist Shot Accuracy/Power. It was amazing, could sling it from anywhere and it'd go in. I only changed back to my current build because I missed crushing people.

Marvie_3

Banned
SCHUEY F1 said:
Its supposed to make your shots beat the goalie a little more but if you're playing defense it won't really help at all.

Edit. Beaten like Manchot playing D

zsswimmer

Marvie_3 said:
Its supposed to make your shots beat the goalie a little more but if you're playing defense it won't really help at all.

Edit. Beaten like Manchot playing D
HA_HA_HA,_OH_WOW.jpg

zsswimmer

Good comeback game with me and pheenix.

We faced a 3 person team and (imo) controlled play but of course they got the lucky bounces off horse-shit CPU passes. Pheenix with the hattrick and one of our CPU players notched 2 goals, so he made up for the other CPU ;)

Ended up winning 5 to 4.

TheVisualizer said:
did you forget the part where I don't even like your sorry Sidney Crosby worshipping ass

They're not supposed to know that. :( I want the flyers to beat out the canucks for president's trophy... Isn't that enough?

Nozdeuce

Haha holy fuck thats amazing, sorry i was like totally quiet on the mic last night, people were talking at me and shit. I'm sure the next time we're chatting I'll be drinking and therefore back to offending everyone possible.

I can't stop watching that

I have been thinking about selling this game for a bit of time now. It's not because I am bored or tired of it but I find that I can either never play early enough or at a time when I'm not tired as fuck or playing something else. Plus, my month of April is gonna be hell and May will be worse...and in a few months I doubt I'm gonna be rolling with this anymore.

So this is just sort of a heads up :(

Marvie_3

Banned
ph33nix said:
I have been thinking about selling this game for a bit of time now. It's not because I am bored or tired of it but I find that I can either never play early enough or at a time when I'm not tired as fuck or playing something else. Plus, my month of April is gonna be hell and May will be worse...and in a few months I doubt I'm gonna be rolling with this anymore.

So this is just sort of a heads up :(
2s0e1w7.jpg

Nozdeuce

SCHUEY F1 said:
You have a gif or pic for everything. I like it.
He's like that girl you know who ends everything with lol. OMG I SAW YOU AT THE MALL TODAY LOL!

Nozdeuce

SnakeswithLasers said:
I know you're talking about me lol.
Depending on the age of your old lady this could make for a very hot situation, now that you're apparently a 16-25 year old broad

Top Bottom