• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 11 EASHL Team (360)

Marvie_3

Banned
TheVisualizer said:
i was telling the guys last night that I was prepared to demand new jerseys as a condition for my return but I changed my mind at the last second. I figured yall would want to keep your playoff winning attire for another month.

I'm not even gonna bother posting new jersey ideas as we havent agreed on any of my 1000 suggestions this year and doubt your simple-ass miraculously grew an eye for style during my last retirement.
You just need to pick less boring colors. ;)

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
Not a fan of the current jersey colors, but do like that they don't hurt my brain/induce massive eye strain.

RS4- said:
Really nice games tonight guys.

good games everyone, all wins except that BS disconnect when everyone got disc from EA servers.

speaking of jerseys here is what I came up with tonight, it's kind of a mix between the St. Louis Blues colors and the Washington State Huskies. I know Marvie will hate them, what does everyone else think?

562A0001_0_JPEG_SCREENSHOT_OiW.jpg

562A0001_1_JPEG_SCREENSHOT_Xcy.jpg

the white jersey is nice. The blue one is too blue. I would contrast the secondary color (light blue) on the blue jersey with white or gray.

Montresor

Can I join the team? My gamertag is LordOdadjian.

Is the team name GAF EASHL?

I've pretty much ignored all the BeAPro stuff for the past two years (I've been focusing exclusively on 5-on-5 quick play or online versus play). But I'm gonna finally give this mode a serious try.

Montresor said:
Can I join the team? My gamertag is LordOdadjian.

Is the team name GAF EASHL?

I've pretty much ignored all the BeAPro stuff for the past two years (I've been focusing exclusively on 5-on-5 quick play or online versus play). But I'm gonna finally give this mode a serious try.

no Leafs fans allowed, we are trying to win here, yall wouldn't know anything about that :)

just kidding we are always looking for more people

the team name is actually "Working Class Gypsies", don't look at me, I didn't come up with it, talk to Marvie about joining I just work here

alright here are the revised jerseys

I added white to the one's that were "too blue" for yall and also made a black and hot pink set for swim and noz

562A0001_2_JPEG_SCREENSHOT_Qjm.jpg

562A0001_3_JPEG_SCREENSHOT_YEu.jpg

562A0001_0_JPEG_SCREENSHOT_DtY.jpg

562A0001_1_JPEG_SCREENSHOT_LOy.jpg

Nozdeuce

That's more of a merlot I'm talking pink like a flamingo. But the black does look sweet

those are both nice. But what happened to the gray accents on the white/blue jersey? You changed them to gold...

The Black/Pink one is nice and i would agree with Noz that a more flamingo pink on black would be cool.

I just also noticed that Corey Perry has super short shorts on...

Marvie_3

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
Can't we just go back to making the eagles soar? I'd actually play if that was the case.
No you wouldn't. :lol

TheVisualizer said:
no Leafs fans allowed, we are trying to win here, yall wouldn't know anything about that :)

just kidding we are always looking for more people

the team name is actually "Working Class Gypsies", don't look at me, I didn't come up with it, talk to Marvie about joining I just work here
8wgvnd.jpg

Nozdeuce

TheVisualizer said:
suck it Marvie, people like my jerseys!

or everyone is just lying to prevent my morale from dropping and me leaving the club again...
You think if that was our concern I'd take 3 HORRIBLE penalties in a row? Jerseys are totally awesome.

zsswimmer

Somebody will have to jump up on wing. The new guy is a dman :)

We desperately need a center though, real talk

Goddamnit I fucking lose every fight

And my power cord came off

Montresor

Damn I'm bad at this game. What visual settings do you guys use (camera options, etc..)?

edit: What does the red jersey mean in the lobby? Everyone has this red jersey icon and I've got a white jersey icon.

RS4-

K, made a center.

I use uhh, one of the really high ones that let you see the entirety of the offensive/defensive zone, just a custom version of one of the defaults

Montresor

>_< Damn horrible positioning by me leading to a 4 on 1.

edit: Well I'm out for the time being. I just have a few questions:

1) Do you guys religiously follow the on-ice arrow indicators? I.E. if you get too out-of-position, and the arrow comes up telling you where you should be, do you follow that arrow?

2) Does that arrow still come up even if you choose one of the high camera angles that RS4 mentioned?

3) And damn what does it take to get yourself an 80+ overall?

Marvie_3

Banned
Montresor said:
1) Do you guys religiously follow the on-ice arrow indicators? I.E. if you get too out-of-position, and the arrow comes up telling you where you should be, do you follow that arrow?

2) Does that arrow still come up even if you choose one of the high camera angles that RS4 mentioned?

1. Hell no.

2. Yes, but you can turn it off in the menus.

3. A lot of games played. If you want to earn cards quicker, play OTP. It kinda sucks but it goes faster. You can also buy boosts/boost packs.

Nozdeuce

Montresor said:
>_< Damn horrible positioning by me leading to a 4 on 1.

edit: Well I'm out for the time being. I just have a few questions:

1) It'd be irresponsible of me to answer this, sorry
please don't hurt me Viz <3
2) edit- beaten
3)player ratings are skewed, some attributes are weighted more and will increase the overall rating more easily/quickly

Nozdeuce

Maaan House, that last game was soooo fun. I really liked just wandering around fucking around with them. You had so many awesome hits too. I think that was literally the only slapshot I've taken all year that's actually been on goal. Seems like we're really starting to click on offense, you're clearly much more used to my drunk positioning, always being open <3

RS4-

lol GGs today. Congrats on the goal Montresor.

I sort of follow the arrows in a way just for a general position, but not right to the point. But it does help your "position score" lol.

Don't worry about the ratings; those eventually go up the more games you play and reach certain milestones to get more points to add to your attributes.

Yeah that last game, I'm glad we didn't end up losing with us fucking around for half the game.

Montressor - welcome aboard. I am no longer the new guy :D

You don't have to follow the arrows, they are annoying anyhow, but it does a good job of telling you where you "should" be. I just follow the puck movement, essentially taking control of one side of the ice in your respective position.

Montresor

Thanks guys.

Does anyone else find the HUT mode dreadful?

I actually don't think it's half bad. When I played my first HUT online match, my opponent had guys like Krejci, Ryder, Bieksa, Campbell, Schenn, Selanne, etc... and I had a bunch of no name scrubs. So I thought, you know what, it would probably be really fun earning those player cards and building a team with real NHL talent.

But there's this whole contract and retirement BS. Just reading about it makes me want to not even touch the mode. How bad does it get trying to ice a legitimate team with contracts running out and contract cards running out? Or... is this not the place to talk about this? The main thread is dead.

Nozdeuce

RS4- said:
Yeah that last game, I'm glad we didn't end up losing with us fucking around for half the game.
heh heheh heh half yes.
from the opening faceoff

Actually I'm glad we didn't lose too, I can never score on human goalies so I'm glad you got that 2nd one. Fucking marvie was being god damn tripped while heading to the net, he goes down, loses the puck. Fucking slides right past the human goalie. It really hurts.

Montresor said:
Memememe!

But I don't really like any of the singleplayer modes.

Marvie_3

Banned
Montresor said:
Thanks guys.

I actually don't think it's half bad. When I played my first HUT online match, my opponent had guys like Krejci, Ryder, Bieksa, Campbell, Schenn, Selanne, etc... and I had a bunch of no name scrubs. So I thought, you know what, it would probably be really fun earning those player cards and building a team with real NHL talent.

But there's this whole contract and retirement BS. Just reading about it makes me want to not even touch the mode. How bad does it get trying to ice a legitimate team with contracts running out and contract cards running out? Or... is this not the place to talk about this? The main thread is dead.
I did. HUT was awful.

Main thread has been dead for months. Bump it if you want. :lol

Top Bottom