• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 11 EASHL Team (360)

zsswimmer

That post was directed at nobody in particular. This has been going on for awhile. I'm sorry if I upset anyone, I was pretty pissed off at the time. Thats been our stragedy for awhile now, jam it into the middle. And like I said, it works on the lower tier players but we get dominated by higher tier players who can pass the puck around.

To address the d being in the right spot. If someone is on the right side of the boards, me playing right defender, then it means I should be right next to the wall so I can intercept and pucks thrown down and can pinch when needed.

If the puck is being played on the left side, I should start to move over to the left side to do the same thing posted above or to receive a puck from the left defender.

Its a safe formula to use, you won't get caught too deep in the zone that way.

But I'm just venting out some frustration. We have to, as a team, cycle the puck. You can't (unfortunately) get consistency on NHL 11, but thats a good way towards it.

Noz, I appreciate you being the only one for awhile now that actually plays club on a regular basis. That post was probably a little too heated, but then again I was really just frustrated by those 3 games played last night. And I have certainly scored more goals with you playing, and I also thank you for that. Which goes to show you that you are certainly better than you think, and that you and the others that we play with are capable of cycling the puck around.

I'm not even joking about watching a hockey game for forechecking ideas. Sometimes I'll go back and rewatch it just to think of some new-ish ways to up the pressure.

I have no intentions on leaving this club, I'm here for the long run. Just blowing off some steam and trying to rally up the team. We ARE much better than what we've been playing. I just hope I didn't piss everyone off, lol, I was just hoping more for a 'kick in the pants' style reaction.

Marvie_3

Banned
zsswimmer said:
I just hope I didn't piss everyone off, lol
Nah. I think you may have made Noz cry but that's about the extent of the damage. I know how frustrating this game can get and once in awhile you just need to blow off some steam.

As I said before, if we can't handle a little criticism now and then, we're in trouble.

I think we should run a few empty practices and go over fundamentals a bit. Passing, positioning, etc.

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
zsswimmer said:
I just hope I didn't piss everyone off, lol, I was just hoping more for a 'kick in the pants' style reaction.
I'm good, it did seem very specific to things I've been doing but that's fine, certainly not wrong.

Definitely a steep learning curve for playing 2s with 1f and 1d, not something I've ever done before we started last week(?). I don't think I've played well since that game we played where I had like 6 goals. Been super mediocre/bad since with a gazillion turnovers. I just really haven't been playing like myself, have you seen how womanly I've been playing? Ohhh 4 whole hits in a game. Actually going up the wing I choose to play? That's so not me. I should be thanking you for the free assists, your goals are all a matter of you being amazing on defense and allowing me the chance to pass it to you.

Marvie_3 said:
Nah. I think you may have made Noz cry ...I think we should run a few empty practices and go over fundamentals a bit. Passing, positioning, etc.
He didn't but I am now. Have you learned nothing from me? Surprise, speed, and violence of action.

RS4-

I think part of it is that we're not always on the mic.

The cycling stuff hurts when the open person is the AI, whether it's on D or the wing. They'll blow the one timer or make a horrible pass most of the time wether someone calls for it or not.

I've got to take a lot of blame for not reacting fast enough when someone springs by me or when I try to pinch, I get burned by it.

Also when we're taking face-offs in the offensive zone, it's hard as a dman to approach those slow rollers on the draw as the forwards seem to have an advantage in terms of acceleration and be able to scoop it up. So I almost always just end dropping back to the line. And when it's a clean win a fucker is always there in no time to pressure; easy to deal with if it's along the boards, but in the middle it's just a weak shot on net. A d to d pass could get picked off, then again so could the shot.

zsswimmer

TheVisualizer said:
hello,

I would like to return if no one has a problem with it

speak now or forever hold your peace
A rare Visualizer sighting! Hey come on back, we desperately need someone at center anyways.

edit: Gotta name yourself Brett Favre ;)

Marvie_3

Banned
RS4- said:
I think part of it is that we're not always on the mic.
Definitely. It'd help a lot if we could communicate during games.

RS4- said:
I've got to take a lot of blame for not reacting fast enough when someone springs by me or when I try to pinch, I get burned by it.
Yeah, you really gotta be careful pinching. We've gotten burned a lot lately by giving up odd man rushes and breakaways to opponents.

TheVisualizer said:
hello,

I would like to return if no one has a problem with it

speak now or forever hold your peace
tat2y0.jpg
235kbm.jpg

nwlaft.jpg

Welcome back!

zsswimmer said:
A rare Visualizer sighting! Hey come on back, we desperately need someone at center anyways.

edit: Gotta name yourself Brett Favre ;)

swim, I see your on-ice thuggery has evolved into cheapshots (in the thread), I'll will gladly name my player Brett Favre after you name yours Matt Cooke... :)

Marvie_3

Banned
zsswimmer said:
Evander Kane is the fucking man. Which is why I bought a t-shirt 'jersey' with his name/number. 30 bucks for a fucking shirt though.... :(
I'd cut off one of my nuts to have Evander Kane on the Blackhawks. That clip of him leveling Cunt..I mean Cooke is one of the best things ever.

I just go all out and buy the actual jersey. T-shirts and hats have gotten so damn expensive in the last couple years.

zsswimmer

Marvie_3 said:
I'd cut off one of my nuts to have Evander Kane on the Blackhawks. That clip of him leveling Cunt..I mean Cooke is one of the best things ever.

I just go all out and buy the actual jersey. T-shirts and hats have gotten so damn expensive in the last couple years.
Jerseys are expensive as fuck and to be honest, I would look stupid wearing one. At least with the t shirt its just casual wear I can wear to the games and around campus. I'll be wearing it when I go see them play Philly Thursday, I'm sure we'll lose since I'm going.

Nozdeuce

SnakeswithLasers said:
I know. Looks like you need a center who skates around like a fighter chasing a chicken. Or not.
HEY, YOU'RE A +10 RIGHT ALONG WITH ME FOR THE PLAYOFFS BUDDY. We could use you out there =(

Marvie_3

Banned
zsswimmer said:
Jerseys are expensive as fuck and to be honest, I would look stupid wearing one. At least with the t shirt its just casual wear I can wear to the games and around campus. I'll be wearing it when I go see them play Philly Thursday, I'm sure we'll lose since I'm going.
Anybody would look stupid in a Thrashers jersey. ;) I like the team but their jerseys have always been awful looking.

I wear my Toews jersey around campus. :D

SnakeswithLasers said:
I know. Looks like you need a center who skates around like a fighter chasing a chicken. Or not.
We do. Play moar.

zsswimmer

Marvie_3 said:
Anybody would look stupid in a Thrashers jersey. ;) I like the team but their jerseys have always been awful looking.

I wear my Toews jersey around campus. :D

We do. Play moar.
I like the Thrashers jerseys, both the blue and alternate ones. :] Although if it was dark blue it'd be much better

Marvie_3

Banned
zsswimmer said:
I like the Thrashers jerseys, both the blue and alternate ones. :] Although if it was dark blue it'd be much better
Their alternates are the worst. The homes aren't bad except for the lame "ATLANTA" down the left arm. Looks weird.

The aways are pretty decent though.

zsswimmer

Marvie_3 said:
Their alternates are the worst. The homes aren't bad except for the lame "ATLANTA" down the left arm. Looks weird.

The aways are pretty decent though.
Yeah the away jerseys are the best. I'm so sick of seeing the Chicago home jerseys and Philly away everytime you boot up a game that I've come to dislike them very much.

Same thing happened in '10 with the Pittsburgh home and Detroit away jerseys, now you see nobody ever plays with them anymore so I like them now :)

Marvie_3

Banned
zsswimmer said:
Yeah the away jerseys are the best. I'm so sick of seeing the Chicago home jerseys and Philly away everytime you boot up a game that I've come to dislike them very much.

Same thing happened in '10 with the Pittsburgh home and Detroit away jerseys, now you see nobody ever plays with them anymore so I like them now :)
I could never get sick of the Chicago jerseys. <3

Marvie_3

Banned
zsswimmer said:
Fixed that for ya ;)
If I decide to pick up food after work I'll be on it for a bit. ;)

SCHUEY F1 said:
I'll try to get some games in between Homefront and Dragon Age 2.
How is Homefront? I saw it bombed in price already so that made me kind of wary on picking it up.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Marvie_3 said:
If I decide to pick up food after work I'll be on it for a bit. ;)

How is Homefront? I saw it bombed in price already so that made me kind of wary on picking it up.

When the dedicated servers weren't full and I could get into the match it was a lot of fun. Pretty much COD with vehicles minus the destuctability of BF:BC.

The single player is supposed to be very short. I only played the first level and it was ok.

Nozdeuce

HOMEFRONT IS BAD, I WAS IN THE BETA, THE MP IS HORRIBLE

Completely uncompelling, controls felt bad, shooting felt bad, maps were shitty (10% of the map used for 3 flags in a straight line, 90% of it used for jerking off snipers), just bad in everyway possible. Battlepoints are fucking stupid. In CoD you have killstreak rewards (which think are lame) in Homefront you accrue redeemable points over the course of the match. When I played I generally had enough so that everytime I died, I'd buy a hellfire drone (comes with 2 TV guided missiles) and just kill whoever killed me. And then I'd kill some other unlucky schmo.

FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS PLAY HOMEFRONT

I'll play NHL later tonight too

Marvie_3

Banned
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
How about not defriending everyone for once!
You were the only one that was actually defriended.

SCHUEY F1 said:
When the dedicated servers weren't full and I could get into the match it was a lot of fun. Pretty much COD with vehicles minus the destuctability of BF:BC.

The single player is supposed to be very short. I only played the first level and it was ok.
Eh, I'll wait til its $20 then.

Nozdeuce said:
HOMEFRONT IS BAD, I WAS IN THE BETA, THE MP IS HORRIBLE

Completely uncompelling, controls felt bad, shooting felt bad, maps were shitty (10% of the map used for 3 flags in a straight line, 90% of it used for jerking off snipers), just bad in everyway possible. Battlepoints are fucking stupid. In CoD you have killstreak rewards (which think are lame) in Homefront you accrue redeemable points over the course of the match. When I played I generally had enough so that everytime I died, I'd buy a hellfire drone (comes with 2 TV guided missiles) and just kill whoever killed me. And then I'd kill some other unlucky schmo.

FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS PLAY HOMEFRONT

I'll play NHL later tonight too
You also said Alan Wake was awesome when in reality it was one of the biggest pieces of shit I've ever played. Your opinion is meaningless.

Nozdeuce

Marvie_3 said:
You also said Alan Wake was awesome when in reality it was one of the biggest pieces of shit I've ever played. Your opinion is meaningless.
And I routinely see you playing the worst garbage imaginable, Homefront is right in your wheelhouse

Nozdeuce

zsswimmer said:
Homefront looks like a CoD clone to me. Everyone has to ride that formula it seems like....
It does, and is, but it lacks any discernible identity, with poorly designed maps. I'm just morally offended by Battlepoints, like, god bless the autistic for what they have to endure in life, but don't reward the 1-14 kid from CoD with a free carpet bomb.

Nozdeuce

SCHUEY F1 said:
I'm in the middle. I like Homefront and I also like Alan Wake.
Yarr, to each their own. I ironically liked the shooting/damage scale of their previous game Frontlines, but dislike rounding corners only to be gunned down by a fucking auto-turret. For me both of them have too many design decisions like that (turrets/drones/Battlepoints) just doesn't do it for me. I'm retarded and want simpler, my ideal shooter wouldn't have perks, or chopper killstreak rewards, it'd just be people shooting each other with guns.

Marvie_3

Banned
Nozdeuce said:
Yarr, to each their own. I ironically liked the shooting/damage scale of their previous game Frontlines, but dislike rounding corners only to be gunned down by a fucking auto-turret. For me both of them have too many design decisions like that (turrets/drones/Battlepoints) just doesn't do it for me. I'm retarded and want simpler, my ideal shooter wouldn't have perks, or chopper killstreak rewards, it'd just be people shooting each other with guns.
If Bad Company 2 would get rid of choppers and sniper rifles, it'd be the perfect shooter to me.

Nozdeuce

Marvie_3 said:
If Bad Company 2 would get rid of choppers and sniper rifles, it'd be the perfect shooter to me.
I'm hoping that BF3 curbs sniper use slightly. BF2 definitely had snipers, but they were lonewolves, there was never a hill full of snipers. The maps were also more open with more varied sightlines, there were streets and confined spaces at times certainly, but it was never the sniper shooting gallery the linear nature of the BC2 is. There'd be the usual sniper locations you'd do a quick peek at and move on with your life, instead of spawning infront of a row of snipers and dodging bullet after bullet. Cant wait to go back to Karkand on Frostbite, finally being able to kill tanks. It'll be glorious.

Marvie_3

Banned
Nozdeuce said:
I'm hoping that BF3 curbs sniper use slightly. BF2 definitely had snipers, but they were lonewolves, there was never a hill full of snipers. The maps were also more open with more varied sightlines, there were streets and confined spaces at times certainly, but it was never the sniper shooting gallery the linear nature of the BC2 is. There'd be the usual sniper locations you'd do a quick peek at and move on with your life, instead of spawning infront of a row of snipers and dodging bullet after bullet. Cant wait to go back to Karkand on Frostbite, finally being able to kill tanks. It'll be glorious.
Slightly? They need to tone it down a LOT.

Top Bottom